• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Good game. It was much closer than the score indicated. My message said "I got screwed.. I can't challenge that fumble."

NeoGaf_Network-1.jpg

Coach BP Angry after game with Cal

Coach BP was not in a good mood following the game with Cal. "Robinson did not fumble that ball. I tried challenging the ruling, but the refs wouldn't allow me to, even though I had a 3 TOs and a challenge to use." Coach BP was also heard telling Coach Nightz "that was classless football at the end there", referring to the play with 30 seconds left where Cal ran for an 80 yard TD. "It was a classless thing to do. The game was in hand and they run for the long TD then run and celebrated with their mascot... its puzzling how they didn't get flagged for it."

We expect Coach BP to be fined for commenting on the officiating. NSN will follow this story.

josh_mcdaniels_todd_haley_handshake.jpg

chuckcecil.jpg

bo-pelini-yell.jpg

Nightz

GG BPH. What did you say in your voice message? I couldn't make anything out.

Edit: As for the mascot thing, I didn't think he would be that far. Took forever to find him lol.

Nightz said:
GG BPH. What did you say in your voice message? I couldn't make anything out.

Edit: As for the mascot thing, I didn't think he would be that far. Took forever to find him lol.
I think I got carried away with the angry coach pictures. :p Anyway, really... good game, the article is for fun, though I was pissed it wouldn't let me challenge the fumble.

In other news... there was a fight at an IHOP. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v9TIx64zkk

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Two Games

#20 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #16 Georgia (CPU)
#7 Cal (Nightz) vs. Marshall (Striker)
#23 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #11 Rutgers (BigAT)
#9 Texas Tech (Az) vs. #24 Nevada (MWS Natural)

IDLE: #21 Minnesota (BPH)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Two Headlines

Texas Tech Bests Rutgers In National Championship Rematch
Jay Keyes Kicks 3 FGs, Including Game Winner, As South Carolina Upsets Michigan State
MWS And His #24 Nevada Wolfpack Itching To Start Their Season
Coaches Giving Marshall Some Love, Could A Top 25 Spot Be Near?

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Luke Brothers, HB, Cal
28-10 W Against Minnesota
20 carries for 160 yards, 2 TD
18 reception yards

Rankings

Cal - #7 Coaches
Texas Tech - #9 Coaches
Rutgers - #11 Coaches
South Carolina - #20 Coaches
Minnesota - #21 Coaches
Michigan Stage - #23 Coaches
Nevada - #24 Coaches

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: B. Mason (Texas Tech) pass to J. Bryan for 41 yards

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Texas Tech vs. Nevada

WEEK TWO DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!!!

GCQuinton

Long-term bad news: Jay Thompson goes out of the game in the second series with a broken finger. Slightly shaken by that, we fall to a 10-3 deficit fast in the first quarter. He's out for 4 weeks. Ugh.

Short-term good news: Nick Houston stepped in and did pretty good, throwing for 2 TDs, David Brown had a 100+ TD day, and the defense stepped up big time as we came back to beat Georgia 27-10.

Damn nobody can stay healthy on this team.

MWS Natural said:
Oh shit...upset special on the AP wire!!!
Striker? Nightz? Can we get a recap??!

GCQuinton said:
Long-term bad news: Jay Thompson goes out of the game in the second series with a broken finger. Slightly shaken by that, we fall to a 10-3 deficit fast in the first quarter. He's out for 4 weeks. Ugh.
That's my biggest fear for JG. He's so amazingly talented but the injury bug is only one play away..

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
Striker? Nightz? Can we get a recap??!
Nothing much to say other than my butt got whooped. My defenders couldn't touch his HB, and when they would, they couldn't tackle him. And my QB obviously thought that Striker's safety was his teammate since he kept throwing the ball straight at him when the wide open guy was like 15 yards to the left. It was just one of those games I guess. The CPU will feel my wrath...in week 5. -_-

Nightz said:
Nothing much to say other than my butt got whooped. My defenders couldn't touch his HB, and when they would, they couldn't tackle him. And my QB obviously thought that Striker's safety was his teammate since he kept throwing the ball straight at him when the wide open guy was like 15 yards to the left. It was just one of those games I guess. The CPU will feel my wrath...in week 5. -_-
Damn....who was home? Was HFA in affect?

Nightz said:
I was home. Apparently that one section of Marshall fans overpowered my stadium.
lol I just think your team may have been a bit too cocky coming off the win against Minnesota.

Anyone else look at their recruiting board and think either it's going to be a really great year or a completely terrible one? lol I felt a lot more confident in my recruiting board last year vs this one. There's a bunch of talent at a few positions and absolutely 0 at others (hello Tight Ends), just seems like an odd year.

I'm going for a relatively quiet year this year. I had to cut 10 players last offseason and I only have 12 seniors this year, so I'm looking for a small class of about 15-17 players. Looking mostly on the defensive side along with both lines (I try to stock up my lines every year. Games are won in the trenches, fellas). Still, I'm not #1 for any recruit so who knows what will happen.

Striker

Nightz said:
I was home. Apparently that one section of Marshall fans overpowered my stadium.
I thought it was heading for a long day on your first few drives. Defense cleaned itself up against the run and your QB's passes just kind of sailed on you.

The OL deserves all the credit for me that day. I literally had open holes every run and it was usually 5-6 yards each until first contact, and even then Cooper had a tendency to break one or two. I've been on the defensive side of that. I got trashed by Mik and his Razorbacks a few seasons ago where he just ran at me with will. Not scheme could stop it. That said, I'm sure something will falter how it usually does. :\

Azwethinkweiz said:
I'm going for a relatively quiet year this year. I had to cut 10 players last offseason and I only have 12 seniors this year, so I'm looking for a small class of about 15-17 players. Looking mostly on the defensive side along with both lines (I try to stock up my lines every year. Games are won in the trenches, fellas). Still, I'm not #1 for any recruit so who knows what will happen.

Well last year I just got off to such a quick start with a bunch of quick commits that made my life much easier. This year there are a ton of players with me as their #1 but none that really fit my needs.

On now if you are ready to go Az.

GG. That 3-3-5 is completely ridiculous and I couldn't do anything against it all game. That and your o-line played like I expected mine to and my d-line played like I expected yours to. Oh well, guess my only way to beat you now is to throw my games against Texas and Oklahoma to make sure you don't make it to the national championship.

Azwethinkweiz said:
GG. That 3-3-5 is completely ridiculous and I couldn't do anything against it all game. That and your o-line played like I expected mine to and my d-line played like I expected yours to. Oh well, guess my only way to beat you now is to throw my games against Texas and Oklahoma to make sure you don't make it to the national championship.

GG. I felt I mixed my defensive calls up well and my secondary made some great plays when the ball was in the air. Feels good to finally have some real playmakers back there instead of what I had to get by with before. Sucked my starting RB went out in the first quarter and is now out for four weeks =/.

I was really shocked how well my Oline was able to block your Dline being that it was the biggest gap in talent there. When I only rushed 4 your line picked it up well but I think some of the coverages I called gave your QB problems which caused a couple of the picks.

Throw games intentionally? Is it really that serious?? lol

I was kidding. I have too many promises to keep.

I also kind of feel on Kanzolo's side now in terms of WR control in the air. A couple of those picks you were able to take control of the DB and make a play on the ball, and I had to just sit and watch you do so. Like on that one go route where they were next to each other and you were able to take control and make the pick. It just seems a little unfair to have one person be able to take control to make a play on the ball and another has to sit idly by. I don't really want to endorse taking control of WRs, but maybe not being able to take control of DBs unless you had control from the beginning (i.e. if you were controlling the safety from the beginning). I don't know, just some thoughts.

Azwethinkweiz said:
I was kidding. I have too many promises to keep.

I also kind of feel on Kanzolo's side now in terms of WR control in the air. A couple of those picks you were able to take control of the DB and make a play on the ball, and I had to just sit and watch you do so. Like on that one go route where they were next to each other and you were able to take control and make the pick. It just seems a little unfair to have one person be able to take control to make a play on the ball and another has to sit idly by. I don't really want to endorse taking control of WRs, but maybe not being able to take control of DBs unless you had control from the beginning (i.e. if you were controlling the safety from the beginning). I don't know, just some thoughts.

I used to be for user catching but that was before I played people who abused it. A big WR in this game that can jump is pretty much unstoppable once you start user catching. I like the fact you have to be careful where you pass and can't just throw up jump balls and come down with it because your WR is better than my DB.

Back to your previous post about the 335. I ran the same D last time we played the only difference was your WR's weren't blowing past my DB's and your line wasn't pancaking my pass rushers this time lol. Talent makes a big difference, especially on defense.

Yeah, that's why I'm not advocating WR control. I was advocating not switching to DBs for control.

And yeah, talent definitely made a difference. Although I feel I should've got more of a push on running plays. Oh well.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Yeah, that's why I'm not advocating WR control. I was advocating not switching to DBs for control.

And yeah, talent definitely made a difference. Although I feel I should've got more of a push on running plays. Oh well.
No user control at all?? Well lets just do the recruiting and let the CPU play each other. Best draft class wins!
laugh.gif

MWS Natural said:
No user control at all?? Well lets just do the recruiting and let the CPU play each other. Best draft class wins!
laugh.gif

No, I'm saying you can't switch to the DB mid-air. If you want to have control of him pre-snap, that's fine.

GCQuinton

KanZolo and BigAT are playing their game now, but I gotta be up early so I'm out for the night. I'll advance tomorrow morning.

EDIT: F*ck it, I'm still up.

BigAT

I'm no master of 4th down etiquette, but I've got to imagine calling a fake punt run while up 18 has got to be against it?

KanZolo

BigAT said:
I'm no master of 4th down etiquette, but I've got to imagine calling a fake punt run while up 18 has got to be against it?
That is my bad. I tried to call a timeout, my finger hit the analog stick up and F'd it up. Totally not intentional, wanted to kick a FG.

edit: it was 4th down and Inches in the 3rd quarter at the 40, take that for what you will

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Three Games

#14 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #6 Alabama (CPU)
#19 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #16 Texas Tech (Az)
#20 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #21 Nevada (MWS Natural)
#23 Minnesota (BPH) vs. North Carolina (CPU)
#25 Marshall (Striker) vs. UAB (CPU)

IDLE: #13 Cal (Nightz)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Three Headlines

Mid-Majors Go H.A.M. On BCS Schools, Score Major Upsets
Hard Times In Piscataway: Defending Champs Rutgers Off To 0-2 Start
Parity Time? No Member Teams In Top Ten For First Time In A Long Time
Extended Break: Cal "Enjoys" First Of Two Consecutive Weeks Off

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Randall Cooper, HB, Marshall
35-10 W Against Cal
24 carries for 236 yards, 4 TD

Rankings

Cal - #13 Coaches
South Carolina - #14 Coaches
Texas Tech - #16 Coaches
Michigan Stage - #19 Coaches
Rutgers - #20 Coaches
Nevada - #21 Coaches
Minnesota - #23 Coaches
Marshall - #25 Coaches

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: N. Houston (S. Carolina) pass to T. Sykes for 90 yards

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Rutgers vs. Nevada

WEEK THREE DEADLINE IS SUNDAY!!!

Nightz

So I was doing some recruiting and saw that after my 2 consecutive bye weeks, I play Oregon. After Oregon is...another bye week. -_-

At least I get them out of the way early, but that's ridiculous lol.

KanZolo

MWS Natural said:
No offense meant. Just seems to be a bit more parity this year than previous ones. I have to lose to Rutgers next to balance it all out. He was my last loss :(
I'm pretty sure I've beat him before (either this dynasty or last years) the only person I haven't beat is......FU X 3

Top Bottom