• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

I feel like I have to mention this since I'm seeing posts in the other thread. League entry's locked for the year like it always is when we start so we're not bringing anybody else on. Adding them now would throw the balance of the schedules off for everybody.

The only possible exceptions to that I'd make is for folks in that league who weren't ever a part of this league before or those who didn't quit.

NeoGaf_Network-1.jpg

1189400881_1848666396_nevada_8.gif

-Reno, Nevada
Last Saturday, Nevada threw one more party for the 2015 national champs. They celebrated the WolfPack's second title in six years. They relived the comeback against Miami in the BCS Championship, the rout at Texas Tech's and the coronation in the desert. And they said good-bye to the seniors and draft-declared juniors who helped make it happen.

After a long spring camp this Saturday the rest of the Woflpack go back to work at #1 ranked Alabama.

At the top of the Nevada's 2016 to-do list will be finding a quarterback to replace Heisman Trophy winner Josh George. Last year's backup, Ashley James, stands ready to step up to the starting role. Highly touted freshman Jared Rice the #2 QB according to Rivals looks good enough to play day 1. Antoine Schroeder the may be the most physically gifted of the QB's running a 4.5 forty at 6'4 185lbs.

Junior Chad Fowlkes the long forgotten upperclassmen in the mix has just as much of a shot any either of the more athletic QB's.

"Chad has a lively arm and he has been extremely accurate in spring camp but the younger guys all have something special to bring to the table", commented coach Natural not really giving us any indication of who the game day starter may be. "We have 4 quality QB's who would be starters for a lot of programs out there, it's really a good problem to have."

Nevada opens as slight underdogs to #1 Alabama this weekend.

jergrah

Out of curiosity....any of you guys have WR Chaz Swain? I run an online dynasty with some close friends and we are in Year 8 --- and he was by far the most dominant WR Ive seen come out....though he graduated a couple seasons back, with 2 National Titles and 3 Heisman Trophies :)

Interesting reading how other leagues played out, who won the Heisman, etc.

KanZolo

jergrah said:
Out of curiosity....any of you guys have WR Chaz Swain?
Since the recruit are randomly generated- no.

Striker said:
owl, when are you available today/tomorrow?
Tomorrow around 7-8 EST?

Just wanna say that if I would known UofM was going to be A- on O and D, I wouldnt have switched to them. In Retrospect I should have switched last year or next year. I do not like having one of the most talented teams without building it.

jergrah

KanZolo said:
Since the recruit are randomly generated- no.

Ah - didnt realize NCAA did random generation. I thought it was the same as Madden Online Franchise in which you always see the same draft class in the same order.

Striker

KanZolo said:
Tomorrow around 7-8 EST?

Just wanna say that if I would known UofM was going to be A- on O and D, I wouldnt have switched to them. In Retrospect I should have switched last year or next year. I do not like having one of the most talented teams without building it.
Should be ok.

EDIT: Got a 4* DE to insta-commit. DE isn't a big need, but I'll take it. :)

BigAT

BPH, haven't heard back from you. Want to play after the Rutgers CBB game tonight? They should be done at 10 PM CST.

KanZolo

way to kick my ass...

I would say it was one of the worse games I ever played but it felt more like an out of body experience, like I was watching the CPU play or something. Weird.

Striker

GG owl

Even with two brand new guys on my OL, they still push guys down hill. Really the biggest x-factor that game for me.

KanZolo said:
way to kick my ass...

I would say it was one of the worse games I ever played but it felt more like an out of body experience, like I was watching the CPU play or something. Weird.
With all of those 90 overall players your best bet was probably to just put the controller down and let the CPU play.

Edit:
lololololol

BigAT

GG BPH. My defense really picked it up after the first quarter. I have to say I'm loving how Brian Smith is running so far this season, he was shrugging off tackles all game (see the play of the game). Hopefully he can stay healthy this year.

BigAT said:
GG BPH. My defense really picked it up after the first quarter. I have to say I'm loving how Brian Smith is running so far this season, he was shrugging off tackles all game (see the play of the game). Hopefully he can stay healthy this year.
Good game. That RB is a tank. My guys couldn't pull him down. My 2 turnovers were killers, especially throwing into triple coverage. See picture below... :(

5f2gc3.jpg

Nightz

Wow, GG GCQ. I was dejected when I went down 24-0. I didn't get a chance to practice with my new QB so I made some stupid throws early on. He was able to keep his composure though and cleaned up his act in the second half. I was thinking of just kicking the FG to send it into overtime, but I thought to myself, "Heck I've come this far, might as well go for it!" Thankfully that paid off.

GCQuinton

Nightz said:
Wow, GG GCQ. I was dejected when I went down 24-0. I didn't get a chance to practice with my new QB so I made some stupid throws early on. He was able to keep his composure though and cleaned up his act in the second half. I was thinking of just kicking the FG to send it into overtime, but I thought to myself, "Heck I've come this far, might as well go for it!" Thankfully that paid off.

GG, man. After that huge lead in the first half from those turnovers, we just flat out choked. No two ways about it.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Two Games

Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #13 LSU (CPU)
#1 Texas Tech (Az) vs. #20 Minnesota (BPH)
#6 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #23 Marshall (Striker)
#8 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. New Mexico State (CPU)

IDLE: South Carolina (GCQuinton), #12 Cal (Nightz)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Two Headlines

Cal Comes Back From Big Deficit To Beat South Carolina 35-31
Marshall Starts Season Off Right By Beating Michigan
Nevada Wipes Out #1 Alabama 31-3
Texas Tech Is The Nation's New Top Team

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Andre Estes, HB, Texas Tech
59-6 W Against Notre Dame
16 carries for 183 yards, 3 TD
4 receptions for 63 yards, TD

Rankings

Texas Tech - #1 Coaches
Rutgers - #6 Coaches
Nevada - #8 Coaches
Cal - #12 Coaches
Minnesota - #20 Coaches
Marshall - #23 Coaches

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Texas Tech vs. Minnesota

WEEK TWO DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!!!

Striker

Hey AT, we'll have to shoot for tomorrow if you're available. I will be home an hour earlier than I was today, so around 7/8 PM est. I am off on Saturday so I have no qualms of playing late if need be.

Striker

GG AT. Team never showed up. That 12-yard punt didn't help matters (kicking latency can kiss my ass - also missed a FG last week :\).

Your team should be Cornerback U. Even if I'm 4 wide none of my guys can get open because they're facing man coverage.

BigAT

GG Striker. That was a pretty uphill battle for you due to the talent difference. Even when you were putting your defense in positions where they should have succeeded against the play I ran, they were just getting knocked on their ass (literally).

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
This is the best game of tag ever. I'm here now if you're still available.

Don't you guys have AIM or use PM?? Feel like I've said that a million times to you guys. Anyways, the Saturday morning "Games Left" update:

Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #13 LSU (CPU)
#1 Texas Tech (Az) vs. #20 Minnesota (BPH)

Deadline's tonight! No extensions!

GCQuinton said:
Don't you guys have AIM or use PM?? Feel like I've said that a million times to you guys. Anyways, the Saturday morning "Games Left" update:

Deadline's tonight! No extensions!

Don't worry, we've been sending PM's. That being said, I sent a PM BPH, but in case you don't see it I'm ready now.

Good game. That pick before half time, which was a WTF crazy play, did me in. I didn't expect for it to be close, but my defense played out of their minds in the first half. Too bad my offense put them in bad situations all game. :(

Big Papa Husker said:
Good game. That pick before half time, which was a WTF crazy play, did me in. I didn't expect for it to be close, but my defense played out of their minds in the first half. Too bad my offense put them in bad situations all game. :(

Your running game was killing me all throughout the first half. I started to kind of figure it out and was much better at containing it in the second half. Yeah, that pick 6 was crazy. I think it really swayed the momentum of the game. I have such a hard time with the 3-3-5. You can ask MWS about that. I think I finally got it in the second half though. Good game.

Top Bottom