• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK. Just got home, playing a bit inebriated and went to save a 40 yard interception return highlght and somehow quick the fucking game! Have to play it all over again and it was in the 4th!!!!! SHIT!

Nightz said:
Woo!
He just went out for 9 weeks. Dude can't stay healthy.
You run your backs too hard man, didn't he have a 40+ carry game last week? lol

GCQuinton said:
Even if we advanced once a day from here on out there's no way we'd be done that soon.
There aren't many user games left I'm sure we can try to knock a few weeks out this weekend. Perhaps if we advance early one day and everyone just stays on to finish the next week as well.

Azwethinkweiz said:
I'm probably going to bow out of the league until '12 comes out, but I'd like to finish the current season before that happens.
Genuinely sorry to see you go, your post game commentary always cracks me up.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
There aren't many user games left I'm sure we can try to knock a few weeks out this weekend. Perhaps if we advance early one day and everyone just stays on to finish the next week as well.

That definitely ain't happening. I got enough stuff going on this weekend to be playing more than two games.

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
You run your backs too hard man, didn't he have a 40+ carry game last week? lol
Yeah I don't have my confidence in my QB right now. I think he's 1 season away from being a decent starter (he likes to overthrow wide open guys), so I'm heavily relying on the running game.

GCQuinton said:
That definitely ain't happening. I got enough stuff going on this weekend to be playing more than two games.
You da boss!

Nightz said:
Yeah I don't have my confidence in my QB right now. I think he's 1 season away from being a decent starter (he likes to overthrow wide open guys), so I'm heavily relying on the running game.
I understand but you at least should split up some of those carries with the backups. I don't think any RB in this game would make it through a whole season with 25+ carries a game. I found that out the hard way with Stephen Jefferson and he had over 90 INJ.

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
I understand but you at least should split up some of those carries with the backups. I don't think any RB in this game would make it through a whole season with 25+ carries a game. I found that out the hard way with Stephen Jefferson and he had over 90 INJ.
Yeah when it's a CPU game I just try to finish as fast as possible. I don't worry about subs and packages and stuff...just let the computer handle it. My laziness is to blame for Luke Brothers' messed up elbow.

Nightz said:
Yeah when it's a CPU game I just try to finish as fast as possible. I don't worry about subs and packages and stuff...just let the computer handle it. My laziness is to blame for Luke Brothers' messed up elbow.
Luckily RB is probably the easiest position to replace, you can start a true freshman as long as he has some speed. Although this recruiting class seems a bit weak on the running backs though.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Ten Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #10 Arkansas (CPU)
#14 Cal (Nightz) vs. Washington (CPU)
#12 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. Purdue (CPU)
#1 Texas Tech (Az) vs. Baylor (CPU)
#3 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. USF (CPU)
#4 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Louisiana Tech (CPU)
#9 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Northwestern (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. Southern Miss (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Ten Headlines

Reports: Texas Tech Coach Az To Step Down After Season's End
Commish Issues Scoring Warning To MWS After Nevada's 73-0 Win Against Utah State
Four League Teams Occupy Spots In The Top Ten
South Carolina Beats Tennessee On Game Winning Final Drive

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Cory Robertson, HB, Texas Tech
45-0 W Against Kansas State
12 carries for 158 yards, 4 TD
2 receptions for 62 yards, TD

Rankings

Texas Tech - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Rutgers - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Nevada - #4 Coaches, #7 Media, #4 BCS
Minnesota - #9 Coaches, #12 Media, #10 BCS
Michigan - #12 Coaches, #17 Media, #11 BCS
Cal - #14 Coaches, #20 Media, #14 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

South Carolina vs. Arkansas

WEEK TEN DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!!

MWS Natural said:
Genuinely sorry to see you go, your post game commentary always cracks me up.

I'll be back next year. I don't think I was really ready to go, but being away for 10 days is almost a full season. It just seemed like a good time to take my between season break.

Azwethinkweiz said:
I'll be back next year. I don't think I was really ready to go, but being away for 10 days is almost a full season. It just seemed like a good time to take my between season break.
Who cares your team will win vs the CPU on auto anyways lol

Ugh I can't win...I try to sim the 4th qtr and the fuggin CPU throws for a TD.

I just finished my game. I had over 400 yards rushing between 5 players... their D couldn't stop me. It took Zeigler a week to return to his pre-injury form.

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
Luckily RB is probably the easiest position to replace, you can start a true freshman as long as he has some speed. Although this recruiting class seems a bit weak on the running backs though.
I'm pretty deep at RB anyway so it's all good. How about this for balance?

Matt Hampton - 23 carries, 261 yards, 3 TD
Frank Smith - 23 carries, 260 yards, 3 TD

I think the CPU difficulty needs to be adjusted after this season lol. All of our teams are getting better but the CPU teams (outside of a select few) are either the same or worse.

MWS Natural said:
I think the CPU difficulty needs to be adjusted after this season lol. All of our teams are getting better but the CPU teams (outside of a select few) are either the same or worse.
I disagree about switching the difficulty. On Heisman the CPU cheats like no other. I'm up for changing the sliders, however.

Striker

Sometimes the CPU is easy, but I take half part of that in how awful some teams like UAB are. :lol

Houston were rolling pretty good against me in our game but my defense started getting pressure and the Cougar QB began missing WR's, even open ones.

Open to any sider changes, though.

GCQuinton

Friday Morning "You Know This Already But I'm Just Sayin'" Games Left Update:

#12 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. Purdue (CPU)

Deadline's tonight!

And with BigAT, myself, and possibly others out for a good part of the weekend, Week 11's deadline is going to be Monday.

As it turns out, I'll only be in Chicago from Wednesday-Sunday now. Might stick around depending on where in the season I have to go on auto-pilot.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Eleven Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Florida (CPU)
Cal (Nightz) vs. #11 Arizona State (CPU)
#12 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #8 Minnesota (BPH)
#1 Texas Tech (Az) vs. #16 Texas A&M (CPU)
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. Louisville (CPU)
#3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. San Jose State (CPU)
#23 Marshall (Striker) vs. ECU (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Eleven Headlines

Is Another Texas Tech-Rutgers National Championship In The Cards?
The Owl And BPH Face Off For Big Ten Supremacy
Welcome Back: Marshall Returns To The Top 25
Cory Robertson Takes POTW Honors For Second Straight Week

Cory Robertson, HB, Texas Tech
66-14 W Against Baylor
23 carries for 312 yards, 4 TD
10 reception yards

Rankings

Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Nevada - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Minnesota - #8 Coaches, #11 Media, #10 BCS
Michigan - #12 Coaches, #8 Media, #11 BCS
Cal - #14 Coaches, #17 Media, #14 BCS
Marshall - #23 Coaches, #23 Media, #23 BCS

Michigan vs. Minnesota

WEEK ELEVEN DEADLINE IS MONDAY!!

Striker

Completed my game.

QB Derek Wilson damages his abdomen, out 3 weeks. :|

Down to my 3rd QB, who's thankfully not too horrible, but he does not possess a strong arm at all.

Good game. Too bad my line didn't show up AT ALL and I had to resort to passing with my horrible QBs. I had WAY too many drops in critical moments: My RB dropping it on a swing pass with NO ONE in front of him, my FB/TEs dropping it for first downs and/or long gains, my WR dropping it in the endzone..... SIGH... I'm not going to get much of an upgrade next year as my recruiting class is SHIT. :(

KanZolo

Big Papa Husker said:
Good game. Too bad my line didn't show up AT ALL and I had to resort to passing with my horrible QBs. I had WAY too many drops in critical moments: My RB dropping it on a swing pass with NO ONE in front of him, my FB/TEs dropping it for first downs and/or long gains, my WR dropping it in the endzone..... SIGH... I'm not going to get much of an upgrade next year as my recruiting class is SHIT. :(
GG, ya drops killed ya.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Twelve Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Georgia (CPU)
#11 Cal (Nightz) vs. Washington State (CPU)
#8 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. Northwestern (CPU)
#16 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Wisconsin (CPU)
#21 Marshall (Striker) vs. Rice (CPU)

IDLE: #1 Texas Tech (Az), #2 Rutgers (BigAT), #3 Nevada (MWS Natural)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Twelve Headlines

No Pressure: South Carolina Must Beat Georgia For SEC Championship Berth
Anyone From Your Team An Award Semifinalist?
Texas Tech's Brown Moves Up The Heisman List
Top Three Teams In The Nation Enjoy Their Idle Week

Ray Robinson, DT, Rutgers
51-0 W Against Louisville
7 tackles, 6 TFL, FF

Rankings

Michigan - #8 Coaches, #8 Media, #9 BCS
Cal - #11 Coaches, #11 Media, #11 BCS
Minnesota - #16 Coaches, #19 Media, #15 BCS
Marshall - #21 Coaches, #20 Media, #19 BCS

South Carolina vs. Georgia

WEEK TWELVE DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!!

Wow this is the first year that I have met all of my Team Needs. Really happy with how my class turned out, pretty much got every player that I wanted. I am completely done with recruiting until the season is over.

Aaaaand I can't believe you guys let me get away with signing another Josh George clone!

GCQuinton

Looks like I'm last up already. Don't know when I'll be able to play it, but it'll definitely be before 5 EST so take care of your recruiting if you haven't! Once all games are played we advance!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Thirteen Games

#7 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #4 Ohio State (CPU)
#1 Texas Tech (Az) vs. Oklahoma State (CPU)
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #18 Cincinnati (CPU)
#3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Idaho (CPU)
#15 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Iowa (CPU)
#21 Marshall (Striker) vs. Memphis (CPU)

IDLE: South Carolina (GCQuinton), #11 Cal (Nightz)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Thirteen Headlines

South Carolina Wins SEC East Following Close Win Against Georgia
Michigan And Ohio State Prepare To Add Another Chapter To Rivalry
First Bowl Projections Of Season Arrive
Average Name, Super Results: Cal's Smith Takes POTW Honors

Frank Smith, HB, Cal
55-20 W Against Washington State
30 carries for 306 yards, 5 TD

Rankings

Michigan - #7 Coaches, #7 Media, #7 BCS
Cal - #11 Coaches, #11 Media, #10 BCS
Minnesota - #15 Coaches, #19 Media, #16 BCS
Marshall - #21 Coaches, #21 Media, #20 BCS

Michigan vs. Ohio State

WEEK THIRTEEN DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!!

Nightz

MWS Natural said:
O_O You might as well stockpile backs and use them like paper plates lol.
Frank the tank is a true freshman. His body needs to get used to the hits lol.

Anywho, I'm not concerned about injuries anymore at this point even though he is my third string RB. I have two games left, my 2nd string RB will be back for the bowl game, and my 4th string RB was my starter for the majority of last season.

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:

That said, I've been thinking about this the last few weeks and wanna get you guys input. How many more seasons do you wanna roll with this before we pack it up, take a little break and get ready for NCAA '12?

I'd love to do this LOST style and set an end date ahead of time (Season 10? 9?, etc.) so people don't just gradually drop out and leave like you see in other leagues, but how do you guys wanna play that?

GCQuinton said:
That said, I've been thinking about this the last few weeks and wanna get you guys input. How many more seasons do you wanna roll with this before we pack it up, take a little break and get ready for NCAA '12?

I'd love to do this LOST style and set an end date ahead of time (Season 10? 9?, etc.) so people don't just gradually drop out and leave like you see in other leagues, but how do you guys wanna play that?
I was hoping for two more season's after this one but I do love the game and wouldn't mind playing all the way through either.

KanZolo said:
Damn the grass and lighting look AMAZING. Let's hope they added more to the Online Dynasty mode.

BigAT

I was in the process of figuring out a personal end date for myself in order to avoid burnout, so perhaps a league end date would be for the best.

Just a heads up. I'm purposely not going to play my game until tomorrow so I can minimize the damage of being away for four days. I believe I have 2 bye weeks after this week so I should be back in time for CCG week.

Top Bottom