• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Ten Games

#11 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Kentucky (CPU)
#10 Cal vs. #24 Oregon State (CPU)
#5 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. Purdue (CPU)
#6 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. USF (CPU)
#4 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Louisiana Tech (CPU)
#8 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Illinois (CPU)
#16 Marshall vs. Southern Miss (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Reggie Murphy, CB, Michigan
62-28 W Against Illinois
3 tackles, 2 ATK*

*= POW screen doesn't display INTs or TDs for defensive players. If he got 'em, good for you!

Rankings

Nevada - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Michigan - #5 Coaches, #5 Media, #5 BCS
Rutgers - #6 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Minnesota - #8 Coaches, #9 Media, #7 BCS
Cal - #10 Coaches, #11 Media, #10 BCS
South Carolina - #11 Coaches, #7 Media, #9 BCS
Marshall - #16 Coaches, #18 Media, #18 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Cal vs. Oregon State

WEEK TEN DEADLINE IS MONDAY!!!

Done.

My team was sleep-walking through this game for the first 3 quarters. I was only up 21-17 at the end of the 3rd quarter. My defense finally woke up was finally able to tear the ball away and get some fumble recoveries. With the short field, the offense was able to tack on points. After starting the game poorly, Victor Johnson finished the game with 4TDs and 1INT.

What a boring game...their offense ran draws and threw 3 yard crossing routes all game. It's like they were scared to go deep.

*Sigh* another receiver stranded on Washington Island =/

MWS Natural said:
What a boring game...their offense ran draws and threw 3 yard crossing routes all game. It's like they were scared to go deep.

*Sigh* another receiver stranded on Washington Island =/
How many picks did you have?

Big Papa Husker said:
How many picks did you have?
Only 1 from my OLB, they threw the ball a lot but it was all horizontal.

*Draw for -2 yards*
*Complete 3 yard crossing route*
*Punt*

Rinse and repeat for 4 quarters =/

KanZolo

MWS Natural said:
Only 1 from my OLB, they threw the ball a lot but it was all horizontal.

*Draw for -2 yards*
*Punt*

Rinse and repeat for 4 quarters =/
Reminds me of some UofM games under Lloyd carr

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Eleven Games

#10 South Carolina vs. Mississippi State (CPU)
#9 Cal (Nightz) vs. Oregon (CPU)
#5 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. Wisconsin (CPU)
#6 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #15 Cincinnati (CPU)
#4 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #11 Boise State (CPU)

IDLE: #8 Minnesota (BPH), #16 Marshall (CPU)

Ervin Tate, WR, Marshall
35-27 W Against Southern Miss
12 receptions for 196 yards, 5 TD

Rankings

Nevada - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Rutgers - #6 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Minnesota - #8 Coaches, #9 Media, #8 BCS
Cal - #9 Coaches, #10 Media, #10 BCS
South Carolina - #10 Coaches, #8 Media, #9 BCS
Marshall - #16 Coaches, #18 Media, #17 BCS

Nevada vs. Boise State

WEEK ELEVEN DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!!!

Striker

Nightz said:
Would be cool if we all finished the season in the top 10. :)
There's two human games that will be big hurdles for that to happen.

Minnesota vs SC
Minnesota vs Marshall

In a few weeks.

Big Papa Husker said:
Does anyone play the CPU teams that are in the top 3?
Nope. And I'm STILL salty my Alabama game was replaced by UNLV! Unless my win over Boise St. lets me jump two teams (doubt it), it may be an all CPU championship.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Nope. And I'm STILL salty my Alabama game was replaced by UNLV! Unless my win over Boise St. lets me jump two teams (doubt it), it may be an all CPU championship.

reservoir_dogs-worlds_smallest_violin.gif

EDIT: And I play Alabama in the SEC Championship. Take that for what it's worth.

Striker

Damn, BPH. Three of the top four players in the Bednarik award slots are MIN. :lol

Wish Nichols was able to get some more recognition. :(

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
EDIT: And I play Alabama in the SEC Championship. Take that for what it's worth.
And FSU (like C+ overall) should lose to UF. OK plays an A+ Texas Tech team. They also play a decent TAMU and PSU.

GCQuinton

KanZolo said:
And FSU (like C+ overall) should lose to UF. OK plays an A+ Texas Tech team. They also play a decent TAMU and PSU.

That win would have been guaranteed if Az was still here. So, by making Az quit, MWS might have cost himself a shot at the national championship.

alanis-morissette-ironic.jpg

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Twelve Games

#9 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #5 Rutgers (BigAT)
#8 Cal (Nightz) vs. Arizona State (CPU)
#4 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. Ohio State (CPU)
#3 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. UNLV (CPU)
#7 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Iowa (CPU)
#13 Marshall (Striker) vs. ECU (CPU)

Brian Smith, HB, Rutgers
49-17 W Against Cincinnati
19 carries for 253 yards, 4 TD

Rankings

Nevada - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Michigan - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Rutgers - #5 Coaches, #5 Media, #5 BCS
Minnesota - #7 Coaches, #8 Media, #7 BCS
Cal - #8 Coaches, #9 Media, #9 BCS
South Carolina - #9 Coaches, #7 Media, #8 BCS
Marshall - #13 Coaches, #15 Media, #14 BCS

South Carolina vs. Rutgers

WEEK TWELVE DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!!!

BigAT

GG GCQ. That punt you had in the first half was...I believe the technical term is "hella sick". It might as well have counted for two points. Brian Smith had a crazy run showing off his skills, when he shed three tackles that would have dropped any other HB and then took the ball 56 yards for a TD.

I think the game shifted on your fumble early in the second half. It really killed the momentum you had at that point.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
GG GCQ. That punt you had in the first half was...I believe the technical term is "hella sick". It might as well have counted for two points. Brian Smith had a crazy run showing off his skills, when he shed three tackles that would have dropped any other HB and then took the ball 56 yards for a TD.

I think the game shifted on your fumble early in the second half. It really killed the momentum you had at that point.

Heh, I kinda went "damn!" at that punt myself. Something I always practice but rarely pull off.

And yeah, those kind of fumbles just throw everything off. But regardless, the better team won.

BigAT said:
GG GCQ. That punt you had in the first half was...I believe the technical term is "hella sick". It might as well have counted for two points. Brian Smith had a crazy run showing off his skills, when he shed three tackles that would have dropped any other HB outside of Terrence McCloud and then took the ball 56 yards for a TD.
smiley_smug.gif

Just started my game... 1 minute left into the First Quarter, Victor Johnson went down with broken ribs... out for 4 weeks. :| Well my season is down the toilet. :(

------

Just finished... oh boy, the rest of the season is going to be fun since my best passer is out. I was down 150 yards of total offense compared to when Victor Johnson is in. Maurice Parks overthrew countless receivers and struggled in the passing game, but ran for 93 yards and 3TDs.

------

Natural and Nightz are left.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Thirteen Games

#14 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #6 Minnesota (BPH)
#8 Cal (Nightz) vs. #24 USC (CPU)
#5 Michigan (KanZolo) vs. #4 Texas Tech (CPU)
#3 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. Louisville (CPU)
#2 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Idaho (CPU)
#12 Marshall (Striker) vs. Memphis (CPU)

Jonathan Smith, CB, Rutgers
38-22 W Against South Carolina
6 tackles, ATK*

*= POW screen doesn't display INTs or TDs for defensive players. If he got 'em, good for you!

Rankings

Nevada - #2 Coaches, #3 Media, #2 BCS
Rutgers - #3 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Minnesota - #6 Coaches, #7 Media, #6 BCS
Cal - #8 Coaches, #8 Media, #8 BCS
Marshall - #12 Coaches, #15 Media, #14 BCS
South Carolina - #14 Coaches, #13 Media, #11 BCS

South Carolina vs. Minnesota

WEEK THIRTEEN DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!!!

Holy crap... that has the be the BEST game I've played in this years NCAA. Heck the game ranked it as my #1 ESPN Classic Game. You completely SHREDDED my defense on the ground. Especially that one play where you went 75 yds up the middle untouched...

All I have to say is that Maurice Parks really stepped up (and put the team on his back) in the last 25 seconds making those 2 big throws to get into FG range.

GG man. That has to be at the top of my list of the best games I've played on NCAA in a long time. Good luck against Alabama, win the SEC!

BigAT

Big Papa Husker said:
Holy crap... that has the be the BEST game I've played in this years NCAA. Heck the game ranked it as my #1 ESPN Classic Game.

-------------

As I'm typing this I just had the window "Sign onto XBOX live" pop up. I choose my Gamertag and it says I have been disconnected and that I can reconnect. Problem is, non of my controller input is being read. The only thing that is working is anything on the guide. Uhh.. help... All I can do is reset my XBOX. :|
That's happened to me a bunch, unfortunately I don't think you can do much beyond reset or load the dashboard. It seems to happen if you hang around too long in the post game, I feel like it always happens when I look at a bunch of replays.

The result has already been reported, for what it's worth.

BigAT said:
That's happened to me a bunch, unfortunately I don't think you can do much beyond reset or load the dashboard. It seems to happen if you hang around too long in the post game, I feel like it always happens when I look at a bunch of replays.

The result has already been reported, for what it's worth.
I reset and just logged back in and saw that it reported. Too bad that it didn't save the replays. :(

Striker

Good win BPH. I wonder how the rankings will shell it out over these past 2 weeks. You could really jump up by beating two ranked schools.

Last game vs. Southern Miss I lost my 93 rated WR Clay Cary to a sprained elbow, and he'll be missing our game. :(

Striker said:
Good win BPH. I wonder how the rankings will shell it out over these past 2 weeks. You could really jump up by beating two ranked schools.

Last game vs. Southern Miss I lost my 93 rated WR Clay Cary to a sprained elbow, and he'll be missing our game. :(
Thanks. We will both be without star players... I lost my #1 QB. Our game should be a good one.

Congrats BP, I was disappointed to see my 335 disciple give up so many yards on the ground though. Especially with so many award candidates on your defense.
Striker said:
Good win BPH. I wonder how the rankings will shell it out over these past 2 weeks.
I am hoping the commish can knock out Bama and MSU can jump up to #2. Nothing more I would love than an Alex Washington vs Doug Peterson match up. The nations top receiver vs the best college cornerback since Charles Woodson!

KanZolo

MWS Natural said:
I am hoping the commish can knock out Bama and MSU can jump up to #2. Nothing more I would love than an Alex Washington vs Doug Peterson match up. The nations top receiver vs the best college cornerback since Charles Woodson!
UofM*

not gonna happen anyways. texas tech jobbed me hard. Unstoppable on offense and when I did "stop" them [2 FF that sat on the ground for 5 sec and then recovered by them, 7 dropped user controlled picks (2 in endzone)]. fuck it, I'm going bowling

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Fourteen Games

#6 Cal (Nightz) vs. Stanford (CPU)
#5 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #9 Marshall (Striker)

Terrence McCloud, HB, Nevada
73-0 W Against Idaho
12 carries for 193 yards, 4 TD
2 receptions for 55 yards, TD

Rankings

Nevada - #2 Coaches, #3 Media, #2 BCS
Rutgers - #3 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Minnesota - #5 Coaches, #5 Media, #5 BCS
Cal - #6 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Michigan - #8 Coaches, #9 Media, #8 BCS
Marshall - #9 Coaches, #12 Media, #10 BCS