• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Striker said:
GG BPH

Too many comedy of errors, and penalties.

I was pushing for a TD in the end.. my K is ass this year.
Good game. I thought you were going to go down the field and score at the end, like I did last game. Luckily, my defense FINALLY made an interception in crunch time to seal the win.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Conference Championship Week Games

SEC Championship: #18 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #1 Alabama (CPU)
Conference USA Championship: #13 Marshall (Striker) vs. Tulsa (CPU)

*Week 15 was skipped. I figured most of you wouldn't mind since we're one season away from wrapping this up anyway and we've got the off-season coming shortly afterwards.

Rankings

Nevada - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Minnesota - #3 Coaches, #5 Media, #4 BCS
Rutgers - #5 Coaches, #4 Media, #5 BCS
Cal - #6 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Michigan - #8 Coaches, #9 Media, #8 BCS
Marshall - #13 Coaches, #14 Media, #13 BCS
South Carolina - #18 Coaches, #17 Media, #16 BCS

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK DEADLINE IS MONDAY!!!

GCQuinton said:
Ugh.......two turnovers for scores killed us early on. Never recovered from it.

Alabama-Nevada national championship it is.
Youre killing me commish, I was hoping to go against my 335 disciple in the national championship =/

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Youre killing me commish, I was hoping to go against my 335 disciple in the national championship =/
I don't think BPH would jump over any of the other teams in the BCS poll even if I had won it, (assuming Texas Tech wins of course). Everyone else above him would have just moved up a spot or two.

GCQuinton said:
I don't think BPH would jump over any of the other teams in the BCS poll even if I had won it, (assuming Texas Tech wins of course). Everyone else above him would have just moved up a spot or two.
True. But there was a small chance.

We vancin'?

I get back from the Nebraska Spring Game and see that I had a chance at the NC? Come on GCQ.. you should have stomped Bama. :D Oh and "Go Big Red" against Texas Tech in the Big 12 Championship.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Bowl Season Games

AutoZone Liberty Bowl: #12 Marshall (Striker) vs. Connecticut (CPU)
Capital One Bowl: #23 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #9 Penn State (CPU)
Rose Bowl: #5 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #6 Cal (Nightz)
Allstate Sugar Bowl: #4 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #8 Michigan (KanZolo)
BCS National Championship: #2 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #1 Alabama (CPU)

Heisman Trophy Winner

Terrence McCloud, HB, Nevada

BOWL SEASON DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!!!

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:
I get back from the Nebraska Spring Game and see that I had a chance at the NC? Come on GCQ.. you should have stomped Bama. :D Oh and "Go Big Red" against Texas Tech in the Big 12 Championship.

You had like a .001 chance even if I won, man. Let's not overstate things.

GCQuinton

Ugh. I feel like firing myself after this end of season meltdown. And everyone's gone after this year so our final season ain't gonna be so pretty, either. Especially if Jay Thompson jumps ship with them.

Nevada-Wolf-Pack.jpg

qWZ5w.png

The Battle of the McClouds was won by the younger brother but the eldest won the War.

Jason McCloud gashed the Nevada defense to the tune of 233 yards showing up his older brother and Heisman Trophy winner Terrance McCloud. Not to be completely outdone the elder McCloud rushed for 192yards and 3 TD's keeping he Alabama defense off balance all game as Chad Fowlkes struggled with two INT's.

Even though the potent Alabama offense (#2 in the country) moved the ball up and down the field the Wolfpack defense held strong in the redzone limiting Alabama to 2FG's on four redzone trips. The biggest stop coming in the 2nd quarter when the Wolfpack defense stopped Alabama on 4 tries from the one yard line.

In the first half it seemed only one player on the Wolfpack defense showed up..All-American Nagurksi winner Alex Washington. Washington stifled one Alabama drive on a 3rd down corner blitz temporarily knocking Nathan Berry out of the game. On another drive early on he stepped in front of a Berry pass ending the drive. Berry did not go in Washington's direction again for the remainder of the game. Washington held Alabama's top threat Thomas McNair to 2 catches for 40 yards essentially eliminating one side of the field.

Coach Natural had nothing but good things to say about the standout sophomore. "Alex Washington proved again why he is the best player in the country. I really can't say enough about the kid, he brings a lot of heart to our defense. He had the biggest challenge coming into the game and he delivered."

All-American Safety Justin Humphrey's broke the game wide open with this 3rd quarter interception for a touchdown. On the very next drive he stepped in front of another Berry pass to seal the win for Nevada.

Nevada pressured the O'Brien winner Nathan Berry all day only sacking him twice but hitting him several times over the course of the game. This seemed to have a cumulative effect on the QB as he threw 3 INT's to 1 TD pass. This will bring a somber ending to a fantastic career in which he topped off with passing for nearly 4,000 yards in his senior season.

This is Nevada's 3rd National Title under coach Natural's reign and we may just have a dynasty on our hands.

GCQuinton

Quick question for you guys. Since we're heading into the last season and I assume most of you are winding down recruiting efforts anyway, how do you guys feel about skipping the off-season recruiting section altogether and heading straight to position changes after you take care of your players leaving?

And oh yeah, straight from the NCAA 12 Facebook page:

It’s going to be a BIG week for NCAA Football 12 news! We have a SPECIAL blog from Executive Producer Roy Harvey later today, YOUR NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete will be announced tomorrow morning on ESPN2, and we’re going to provide in-depth details along with videos showing you the IMPROVEMENTS made to PRESENTATION and GAMEPLAY in NCAA Football 12!

Striker

I am OK with skipping. To be honest, I have like five or six recruits already in, but that might be enough. My depth will be completely shallow, but should not matter a whole lot.

Let's hope they can find a way to increase the Dynasty league count to something higher than 12. I doubt it. :(

Nightz said:
BPH, I'm working from home today so I should be able to play whenever during the morning/afternoon.
I will be home around 7 central.

GCQ, I'd like to still recruit. I could be on whenever we are ready and fly through my recruiting. I'm still in on some good players and don't want to lose them to the CPU.

GCQuinton said:
Quick question for you guys. Since we're heading into the last season and I assume most of you are winding down recruiting efforts anyway, how do you guys feel about skipping the off-season recruiting section altogether and heading straight to position changes after you take care of your players leaving?

And oh yeah, straight from the NCAA 12 Facebook page:
Recruiting is just as or more fun than the games for me so I would rather do it in one day than skip it all together.

BigAT

EA Sports has released a blog that lays the groundwork for what is to come with NCAA Football 12. While substantial news on features and improvements including videos will start making their way out later this week the blog hints at upgrades being made to Online Dynasty mode, gameplay (singling out defense), and presentation. The two new screenshots have been added to the gallery.
The NCAA Football series continues its focus on “Core Experience, Authenticity, and Innovation” that began with NCAA 11. Though not going into major new features it is revealed that team entrance music will be customizable. Also Operation Sports notes that bowl patches will be returning to the series. The announcement of the winner of the cover athlete voting will come tomorrow morning. Alabama running back Mark Ingram is expected to receive the honor.
http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/04/1...tomizable-entrance-music-returns-bowl-patches

3NMFwl.jpg

Here is a new screenshot from that post...here is what I noticed:

-textured grass looks AMAZING!
-Eli Manning helmet is in
-Players look more lifelike
-DREADS
-Ankle braces are black!!!!!!!!!
-colored gloves
-looks like we will get to change the color of chin straps, the lineman in that picture has a green chin strap.
-bowl patches looks great
-can't wait for big time news on thursday

I hope with these bowl patches that we get individual bowl game presentation. Like the announcers talking about the Sugar bowl, and having presentation graphics showing you which game you play in. I want to see each game feel more individualized. This is what is going to put this game over the top, especially when it comes to long dynasties, and playing every game of a season. It will keep the game fresh, and keep it from becoming monotonous.

They are FINALLY adding the little graphical details that was in the last-gen NCAA games. I hope one of the main Online Dynasty additions is conference invites. With conference invites, Nevada could be in the PAC 10 (Pac-12 next year) and Marshall could be in the BigTen/Big East. The possibilities are endless. On top of that, if they add the coaching carousel... *HEAD EXPLODE*

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Eh I'm starting in the SEC next year anyways. Done with small schools, way too much of a disadvantage in this game.

GCQ Announces He's Not Joining The SEC For NCAA '12*

joke, maybe, but maybe not who knows

So we've got two out of the seven members that want to do recruiting, and two (me included) that's okay with skipping. Nightz, AT, and Owl Man what say you? As always, majority's gonna win out.

And since I'm getting PMs about it, I'm still shutting the OD down after S9 but every one of you guys has the file for yourselves so if you wanna continue your own Dragon Ball GT style non-canon (meaning it's not officially "recognized" in the stat books) adventures, feel free to!

Nightz

GG BPH. I knew you would come storming back at some point. I had a good laugh on the fumble that got you a TD. It was like a pass because the guy who recovered it didn't even slow down lol.

A couple of timely turnovers helped seal that game. It's always entertaining playing against you though. :)

As for the recruiting stuff, I don't care either way. I think I have most of my players so I don't really have a need to do it, but I do enjoy the recruiting and wouldn't mind doing it all in one day. As usual, my schedule doesn't always correspond with everyone else's so I'm ok with my stuff being simmed if I'm not around.

BigAT

I'm usually able to pick up some big recruits during the off-season recruiting and since there are at least two spots on my team next year that I know will, unfortunately, have freshmen playing, I'm for recruiting. Maybe do only 3 weeks as a compromise? That's only like a single real day taken up, given the quick deadlines we usually do for offseason recruiting. For me the last two weeks are usually worthless anyway, so skipping them wouldn't be a big deal.

Nightz said:
GG BPH. I knew you would come storming back at some point. I had a good laugh on the fumble that got you a TD. It was like a pass because the guy who recovered it didn't even slow down lol.

A couple of timely turnovers helped seal that game. It's always entertaining playing against you though. :)

As for the recruiting stuff, I don't care either way. I think I have most of my players so I don't really have a need to do it, but I do enjoy the recruiting and wouldn't mind doing it all in one day. As usual, my schedule doesn't always correspond with everyone else's so I'm ok with my stuff being simmed if I'm not around.
Good game. When my guy fumbled with 10 seconds left in the half I knew my chances of winning dwindled... :| With 1 minute left, I can't believe my TE dropped a pass that floated right to him. >:|

Speaking of recruiting... I'd be up to have everyone get on who is interested and we fly through it like we did a few seasons ago. That way everyone could recruit and it could be done fairly quickly.

BigAT

GCQuinton said:
4-2 in favor of recruiting and Nightz doesn't care either way, so we'll still be doing it.

AT-KZ, what's the status of your game?
Possibly starting up in a moment. If not, likely tomorrow before the Knicks game.

BigAT

We just tried to play our game, but despite our valiant efforts we were unable to get connected. Both of our systems froze at various times and we were getting the issue where you're in the game lobby on your system, but don't appear in the other person's. Normally I might blame this on me having the console update preview (free Halo Reach!), but I seem to remember having this problem in the past. I think Striker and I had it a while ago, where you can actually hear the other person join your game but you cannot start it.

We're going to try again tomorrow, hopefully at like 5.

BigAT said:
We just tried to play our game, but despite our valiant efforts we were unable to get connected. Both of our systems froze at various times and we were getting the issue where you're in the game lobby on your system, but don't appear in the other person's. Normally I might blame this on me having the console update preview (free Halo Reach!), but I seem to remember having this problem in the past. I think Striker and I had it a while ago, where you can actually hear the other person join your game but you cannot start it.

We're going to try again tomorrow, hopefully at like 5.
I had this problem with Striker, but I closed out and tried again and it seemed to work.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Looks like they also improved the long hair graphic on players.

Also, Mark Ingram is the cover athlete.

GCQuinton

Advanced to players leaving. Get to it!

MWS Natural said:
Done with players leaving. I see you got a nice safety coming in Commish.

If you're talking about a transfer, he wouldn't be eligible until Year 10 anyway, so it doesn't matter for me.

GCQuinton said:
Advanced to players leaving. Get to it!

If you're talking about a transfer, he wouldn't be eligible until Year 10 anyway, so it doesn't matter for me.
Yep forgot about that. Oh well I am done, going to the grocery store now.

Top Bottom