• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GG, owl. I thought I had a good gameplan, I just couldn't compete with your talent. Your WRs caught everything and your safeties had ridiculous closing speed. Any pass I threw was a possible interception.

KanZolo

Gg. Was frustrated early on with your usual shotgun running. Added with that first td pass in which your qb did a Michael Jackson move before he threw.

And then my 99 accuracy qb over overthrew a simple 5 yard pass on that int.

Got it going after halftime.... At least good enough to win. Seems like every time I got a first down, I would get sacked and then complete a 3rd and long.

Ya my safeties played well, especially that 2nd INT where he jumped out of nowhere.

Striker

GG AT. Completely different team from last year, it seems. Not sure if your WR's are just immune to bump (I sensed Thomas was because he was breaking off Pearson's bump and he's 99 press). Compared to last season, where the defensive backs were locking down guys at the line and in coverage. My 95 rated CB got burned repeated, outside, in the slot, anywhere I put him. Really disappointed.

As for the offense, my one and only decent WR gets bumped off the line (apparently it took five yards for him to recover!) as I threw a pass, easy pick. And Ryan also had two drops, didn't help matters. Bad game by him.

Wasn't expecting much this season since I felt this team was a shadow of what I had last year, but oh well. Gotta rebuild and hope I can bring in any sort of talent in recruiting. :\

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Two Games

Army (GCQ) vs #20 UCF
#4 Minnesota (BPH) vs #1 Ole Miss (KanZolo)
#18 Pitt (Striker) vs Wake Forest
Navy (Nightz) vs Clemson (Az)
Air Force (Drizz) vs Cincinnati 
#23 Colorado (MrCWS) vs Colorado State

IDLE: #3 Rutgers (BigAT)

Week Two Headlines

Colorado Edges Air Force In Early Season Thriller
Rutgers Easily Handles A Rebuilding Pitt 35-7
National Championship Preview? #4 Minnesota Heads Down To #1 Ole Miss
Navy Looks To Turn Some Heads Against Clemson

Player of the Week

Sammie Page, SS, Ole Miss
26-17 W Against Clemson
4 tackles, 4 ATK, 2 INT

Rankings

Ole Miss - #1 Coaches
Rutgers - #3 Coaches
Minnesota - #4 Coaches
Pittsburgh - #18 Coaches
Colorado - #23 Coaches

Game of the Week

Minnesota vs Ole Miss

WEEK TWO DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!

BigAT

GG AT. Completely different team from last year, it seems. Not sure if your WR's are just immune to bump (I sensed Thomas was because he was breaking off Pearson's bump and he's 99 press). Compared to last season, where the defensive backs were locking down guys at the line and in coverage. My 95 rated CB got burned repeated, outside, in the slot, anywhere I put him. Really disappointed.

As for the offense, my one and only decent WR gets bumped off the line (apparently it took five yards for him to recover!) as I threw a pass, easy pick. And Ryan also had two drops, didn't help matters. Bad game by him.

Wasn't expecting much this season since I felt this team was a shadow of what I had last year, but oh well. Gotta rebuild and hope I can bring in any sort of talent in recruiting. :\

GG. I know Thomas has a very high release rating as he's just a straight possession receiver. Unfortunately he is now out for 11 weeks, somehow getting injured on a running play I think. I'm not sure on the individual stats of the receiver on the other side since he's a new starter, but he was easily blowing by that press for sure.

GCQuinton

Army escapes #20 UCF by the skin of our teeth 21-20. We were getting ready to pretty much pack it up, but senior QB Corey Spencer connected with true freshman WR Donald Welsh on a 45 yard TD pass (also uploaded on the Dynasty site) that put us up in the final seconds of the game.

Onto my incoming loss against Rutgers!

Nightz

Az and I are going to try to get our game in later today. There's a possibility of it having to be tomorrow though.

MrCWS83

Army escapes #20 UCF by the skin of our teeth 21-20. We were getting ready to pretty much pack it up, but senior QB Corey Spencer connected with true freshman WR Donald Welsh on a 45 yard TD pass (also uploaded on the Dynasty site) that put us up in the final seconds of the game.

Onto my incoming loss against Rutgers!
I had a close one myself. I tried to get it in quickly before running errands today. I dunno if it's possible but I feel like my QB Talley is in a funk, returning from his season ending injury. I blocked an extra point in the 1st qtr that was the difference in the game 17-16

I'm having a weird issue with practice mode. In week 1 I tried going in and after about 10 seconds it locked up. I tried again just now and it froze again. Anyone else having issues with practice mode?

Nightz

I'm having a weird issue with practice mode. In week 1 I tried going in and after about 10 seconds it locked up. I tried again just now and it froze again. Anyone else having issues with practice mode?

I was just in practice mode last night. Had no issues.

In other news, Donovan Tebow has rightfully claimed jersey #15. The punter, Wesley Washington, held the number last season. Washington declined to comment about where his black eye and swollen lip came from.

KanZolo

Like I said, I will post when home.

Wasn't expecting 2 hour ikea trip. No service in ikea so I couldn't notify you. On Way home

MrCWS83

Like I said, I will post when home.

Wasn't expecting 2 hour ikea trip. No service in ikea so I couldn't notify you. On Way home

I never knew what the hell Ikea was until I was in Pittsburgh/WV a few months ago.
Nebraska has it's own damn furniture store, Nebraska Furniture Mart! We're getting Chick-Fil-A's and Dunkin Donuts in the next year or so, things are looking up with "The Good Life"

Oh and another thing, I dunno if any of you know of the Tilted Kilt (apparently we already have one in Lincoln and one for Omaha is being considered BPH), it's like another Hooters or Twin Peaks but celtic themed...the one in Pittsburgh had a waitress working and she had one arm! She had a stump right around the elbow, now I might sound like a jackass but that really threw me for a loop at a place like that
GaslampTiltedKiltGirls1.jpg

I dunno what to say. Lets just say that my stupidity gave you that game. I thought there was something in the rules about aggressive striping and big hits? It seemed like every damn tackle after I got up was a strip. Oh and the end of the game, play sim, not like some cheeser - 18 seconds left at the 35 and call a pass, get down to the 2, then call a TO with 1 second left and try to score... Really dude? That's Bush League...

------------------------

Our NeoGAF Sports Network cameras caught Coach BP on the sidelines at the same time Ole Miss lined up in 4 wide with 18 seconds left...
chuckcecil.jpg

GCQuinton

I dunno what to say. Lets just say that my stupidity gave you that game. I thought there was something in the rules about aggressive striping and big hits? It seemed like every damn tackle after I got up was a strip. Oh and the end of the game, play sim, not like some cheeser - 30 seconds left at the 35 and you throw it?, then call a TO with 1 second left and try to score... Really dude?

First bolded part? Nah, nothing against that. If that's the case half of this league would be in hot water every week. Be lucky you don't play in the Madden league if that upsets you.

Second bolded part? Yeah, something very wrong with that. Consider this your warning, Owl. And again, be lucky you don't play in the Madden league if that upsets you.

I will say that a lot of what BPH was complaining about during the game I chalked up to losing.

But throwing the ball and calling time outs when you're up by 10 and there's less than 30 seconds left? Come on, Owl, you're better than that.

MrCWS83

Verbal warnings seem to be as harsh as it gets around here. Is there a running tally of all those that have received warnings? I'm going to look at the rules but I'm asking before I read them, how many shame on yous before some action is taken?

Nightz

Verbal warnings seem to be as harsh as it gets around here. Is there a running tally of all those that have received warnings? I'm going to look at the rules but I'm asking before I read them, how many shame on yous before some action is taken?

6. New For This Year's Dynasty - Three Strikes And You're Out: Anytime somebody comes to me with a complaint about a person's play or I see a scoring violation (as mentioned above), I'll look into into it and issue a warning, if neccessary. After that, anytime the aforementioned happens you will be issued a strike. Violate the rules three times, and you're out of the league. This applies across ALL seasons, and doesn't reset each season like I used to do. This has never been that much of a problem, and I'm hoping that continues this year.

KanZolo

Did you really think that you were going to win down 17 with a minute left? Do I blame you for trying,no. But learn to take a loss. You annoyed me by scoring a garbage TD on a drive while doing something that you bitched at me last game for (running with qb). And then you went for two when you had 11 secs to return onside kick, score td, onside it again and kick a FG. To me that in not sim.

So to annoy you back I threw it, ran down the clock to 1 sec and called a TO and ran one more play.

In my opinion, if you don't want to get the score ran up on you, simply run out the clock and concede.

I agree with AZ said " I will say that a lot of what BPH was complaining about during the game I chalked up to losing."

GCQuinton

Smartass comments from new members that don't know any better aside, thankfully we haven't had a problem at all about regarding the three strikes rule this season. And I keep track of all of that. If a person comes to me via PM with a serious complaint about a person's play, the warning + three strikes rule comes into play. Ironic that you (CWS) joke about it when that's the only reason there was an open spot at the beginning of the league for you in the first place.

Complaining about it in the thread and getting the hivemind going doesn't count, and isn't a factor when I make those decisions.

Did you really think that you were going to win down 17 with a minute left? Do I blame you for trying,no. But learn to take a loss. You annoyed me by scoring a garbage TD on a drive while doing something that you bitched at me last game for (running with qb). And then you went for two when you had 11 secs to return onside kick, score td, onside it again and kick a FG. To me that in not sim.

So to annoy you back I threw it, ran down the clock to 1 sec and called a TO and ran one more play.

In my opinion, if you don't want to get the score ran up on you, simply run out the clock and concede.

That doesn't even make any sense. If I scored a garbage TD on somebody and was only down 10, of course I'm gonna try it again to try and win the game. If you get the ball back on the onsides, take a knee and call it game so I don't have a shot to and that's that. Doing what you did is just unsportsmanlike. No way around it.

I agree with AZ said " I will say that a lot of what BPH was complaining about during the game I chalked up to losing."

Did I think I would win, no, but sorry that I wanted to try and score. Ok... I went for 2. I was just playing to the situation. You see teams do it all the time, so I thought it would be sim/legit.

Now that I have cooled down a bit. Good game... I made some really stupid play calls that you took advantage of.

Minnesota Post Game Video (Sub Minnesota for Florida):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGOlJRNZIYg&t=1m28s

Smartass comments from new members that don't know any better aside, thankfully we haven't had a problem at all about regarding the three strikes rule this season. And I keep track of all of that. If a person comes to me via PM with a serious complaint about a person's play, the warning + three strikes rule comes into play. Ironic that you (CWS) joke about it when that's the only reason there was an open spot at the beginning of the league for you in the first place.

Complaining about it in the thread and getting the hivemind going doesn't count, and isn't a factor when I make those decisions.

That doesn't even make any sense. If I scored a garbage TD on somebody and was only down 10, of course I'm gonna try it again to try and win the game. If you get the ball back on the onsides, take a knee and call it game so I don't have a shot to and that's that. Doing what you did is just unsportsmanlike. No way around it.

He had a warning + 3 strikes?
comment-friday-damn.jpg

Top Bottom