• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

EEK Tha Cat

Neo Member
Tonight's BCS NC game looks to have a clear cut favorite in Kansas State but I wouldn't discount Kentucky just yet. Looking at the numbers says that Kansas State's #1 defense is definitely more penetrable through the air than on the ground, as evidenced by their 1667yds passing vs. -86yds rushing allowed. This should play into the hands of Kentucky's #10 passing offense, but the deciding factor of this game will be if Kentucky can sustain a consistent rushing attack. KSU's secondary is one of the best man coverage units in the country, which is key to their success in getting to the QB for a nation-leading 60 sacks. There lies the answer as to why KSU's D leads the nation with -84yds rushing allowed. Looking at Kentucky's receiving corp, it clear to see that separation from KSU's DB's will be rare. However, the KSU defensive line does not appear to have such an overwhelming advantage over the Kentucky offensive line. This is where Kentucky will have their best chance at success, but that's only one side of the ball. Can the young Kentucky D contain KSU's run and gun style? The KSU offense doesn't appear to be special ranking-wise, but their true strength comes from using a relatively balanced attack to keep a defense guessing. I say relatively because even though KSU has rushed 117 more times than passed (with 65 QB rushes for -18yds omitted), the passing offense outgained the rush by almost 900yds! Coach Brian Dawkins has been excellent at striking in a precise area at precisely the right moment.

I can see a Kentucky victory IF Kentucky QB Morgan Newton throws less than 2 INT's. Otherwise KSU is every bit as dominant as they are on paper.

GCQuinton

Tonight's BCS NC game looks to have a clear cut favorite in Kansas State but I wouldn't discount Kentucky just yet. Looking at the numbers says that Kansas State's #1 defense is definitely more penetrable through the air than on the ground, as evidenced by their 1667yds passing vs. -86yds rushing allowed. This should play into the hands of Kentucky's #10 passing offense, but the deciding factor of this game will be if Kentucky can sustain a consistent rushing attack. KSU's secondary is one of the best man coverage units in the country, which is key to their success in getting to the QB for a nation-leading 60 sacks. There lies the answer as to why KSU's D leads the nation with -84yds rushing allowed. Looking at Kentucky's receiving corp, it clear to see that separation from KSU's DB's will be rare. However, the KSU defensive line does not appear to have such an overwhelming advantage over the Kentucky offensive line. This is where Kentucky will have their best chance at success, but that's only one side of the ball. Can the young Kentucky D contain KSU's run and gun style? The KSU offense doesn't appear to be special ranking-wise, but their true strength comes from using a relatively balanced attack to keep a defense guessing. I say relatively because even though KSU has rushed 117 more times than passed (with 65 QB rushes for -18yds omitted), the passing offense outgained the rush by almost 900yds! Coach Brian Dawkins has been excellent at striking in a precise area at precisely the right moment.

I can see a Kentucky victory IF Kentucky QB Morgan Newton throws less than 2 INT's. Otherwise KSU is every bit as dominant as they are on paper.

Dat analysis!

Ramirez

I'm good to go now, whenever you read this I'll be on Az.

It's amazing to me that NCAA STILL doesn't have a random play option in practice mode, christ.

GCQuinton

I'm good to go now, whenever you read this I'll be on Az.

It's amazing to me that NCAA STILL doesn't have a random play option in practice mode, christ.

Compared to Madden I love NCAA's practice mode. At least I can practice with my current year's team.

And pressing the back button on the play call screen does what you're talking about, right?

GG, man. You earned it. The lag was pretty crappy but what can you do. The worst, I knew exactly where you were going on that 4th down TD and moved my guy in position but the button press didn't register :(

GCQuinton

Alright, we're officially at the Coaching Carousel. Vets should know the deal here regarding how we roll with this, but I'll explain it for the new guys. Unless you get a serious offer (aka something better than where you currently are), I'll be forcing your pick and moving to the next guy. With this being able to be done from the web now, this should go by quickly even when people do get offers.

And with that said, Striker you're up. The Razorbacks are calling.

Ramirez

GG, man. You earned it. The lag was pretty crappy but what can you do. The worst, I knew exactly where you were going on that 4th down TD and moved my guy in position but the button press didn't register :(

Yea, GG dude. The lag was horrible at times, and seeing as how we hadn't played humans in a long time, I knew it was gonna take time to adjust, lol. (I know it's not your fault Quinton!)

I for sure thought I had lost the game on the 4th down roughing the passer though. I also knew you were gonna be all over that TE on the end, but I took my chances anyways, he had to redeem himself for the easy drop the play prior!

Striker

Yeah, I worked. Finished now, though. Staying at Ohio.

SMU, Kansas State and NC State have multiple players attempting to leave for the NFL. Good luck, men.

GCQuinton

No other major offers, so we've advanced to Players Leaving! The following teams have that to address:

Kansas
Kansas State
Rutgers
San Diego State

From what I saw, the aboves only have a player or two wanting to transfer. Since this can now be handled from the web, the deadline to take care of this is noon ET!

Yeah, I worked. Finished now, though. Staying at Ohio.

SMU, Kansas State and NC State have multiple players attempting to leave for the NFL. Good luck, men.

Those guys are gone anyways since they're seniors. It's just telling you where they're projected to be drafted.

BigAT

Interesting, they changed the way it works for trying to bring back players, at least those that are transferring. Instead of just using recruiting time, you make promises (playing time, stat achievement levels) to try to keep the player.

Nightz

I'm done. I have a Freshman QB who wants to transfer because he wants more playing time. Wasn't gonna get it this season so I'm letting him walk.

GCQuinton

Didn't stay on the Draft Results screen too long, but it looked like NC State and SMU had the best showings there.

And with that, we're officially in offseason recruiting! Week 1 deadline is 6 ET! Again, ALL offseason activities can be done from the web now!

Striker

So, none of my juniors tried to leave?
No.

Did I get any transfers, or is EA's website screwing up? Showing I have a redshirt Fresh named Aldolphus Washington (odd name, I admit) on my roster at DE, and he wasn't on my squad this past season. I didn't see transfers when I looked this morning.

Striker

Well, that's neato. He's instantly my best end, lol. He can't play until Season 3 though, anyways I believe.

I have three scholarships left at the moment and most likely it will fill up after Week 1. Might not end up fulfilling all my needs, however.

Nightz

I still wish you could see the coaching stuff on the website. I'm super bored at work right now and I want to know how long my new contract is and what my goals are. :(

GCQuinton

mik, I don't think you've touched recruiting at all this season so can I assume you're letting the CPU run things for the offseason, too? If so, BabeSlayer's last up.

mik, I don't think you've touched recruiting at all this season so can I assume you're letting the CPU run things for the offseason, too? If so, BabeSlayer's last up.

i'm in class at the moment so give me a second i'll get it squared away.

blah EA is down for maintenance.......I'd like a chance to get after it If all else fails (meaning if EA fails) i'll be home in 2-3 hours should be able to get it done pretty quick from home in game.

Ramirez

Site works for me, but it wasn't working on my wife's nook earlier when I tried. Might be a mobile thing. (unless you're on a PC, lulz)

Site works for me, but it wasn't working on my wife's nook earlier when I tried. Might be a mobile thing. (unless you're on a PC, lulz)

It went out on me on my phone. Nothing left but mostly 2 stars at max for me anyway.

I can't access the site through my work pc.

GCQuinton

Advanced to Week 2! Deadline's, uh, still at 6 ET!

And the NC State Wolfpack's got the second best class in the nation! Only behind Alabama now. Rutgers and Kentucky are in the Top 10 now, though.

Ramirez

Advanced to Week 2! Deadline's, uh, still at 6 ET!

And the NC State Wolfpack's got the second best class in the nation! Only behind Alabama now. Rutgers and Kentucky are in the Top 10 now, though.

Wow, really? All of those 4 star WRs must have helped me get up there, lol.

Done with W2.

Top Bottom