• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week One Games

#10 NC State (GCQ) vs Ohio (Striker)
#18 Kentucky (Ramirez) vs #15 SMU (EEK tha Cat)
Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #20 Rutgers (BigAT)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs Minnesota (BPH) 

OPEN: #3 Kansas State (Az), Fresno State (mik), Kansas (storybook), Utah State (BabeSlayer)

Week One Headlines

If Kentucky Plans On A Repeat, They've Gotta Climb The Mountain Again
League Retains All Members From Season One, But Will It Last?
San Diego State Leads League In Number Of Preseason All-Americans
Kansas Looking To Turn The Ship Around This Season

Rankings

Kansas State - #3 Coaches
NC State - #10 Coaches
SMU - #15 Coaches
Kentucky - #18 Coaches
Rutgers - #20 Coaches

Game of the Week

Kentucky vs SMU

WEEK ONE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!

GCQuinton

ncstate_logo.jpg

BREAKING: TRUE FRESHMAN WALLER TO START AT QB FOR WOLFPACK

NC State Athletics Director GCQ and head coach Bill Cowher had a plan in place for Nate Waller the moment they started recruiting him. Apparently that plan has been thrown out the window, as the two named the true freshman as their starting quarterback for the season.

"The original plan for Nate was to redshirt him and have him sit behind Tyler Brosious for two years before letting him take over in Season 4," said GCQ. "That changed when coach and I started to look at his numbers a little closer and ultimately decided if he's gonna be our guy, it might as well be now. He's got the raw tools to succeed, and now he's gonna get to sharpen them in the fire".

Waller, a four star prospect who ultimately graded out with a five star rating, makes his first start as Wolfpack QB against Ohio. Wolfpack officials have made no comment regarding Tyler Brosious transferring.

GG Nightz. It was a game of defense and it came down to the wire - I was sweating it after you stripped my RB after I got the first down. I was really impressed with my defense, with them making so many big plays. Good luck the rest of the way.

Nightz

GG dude. Had a hard time adjusting to a new QB who isn't as accurate as my last QB. Glad I wasn't on the mic for the last pick I threw lol.

And on to 2 bye weeks. :(

GCQuinton

GG Striker. Turnovers just killed me. Ugh. I'll be surprised if I'm still in the Top 25 after that.

Looks like Kentucky-SMU is the last game up. Everybody else get your recruiting done!

BigAT

GG Striker. Turnovers just killed me. Ugh. I'll be surprised if I'm still in the Top 25 after that.

Looks like Kentucky-SMU is the last game up. Everybody else get your recruiting done!

Rutgers/Mississippi hasn't been played. I PMed Owl earlier today and didn't hear anything, shot him a message just now on Live and went on for a while, but he's been away for quite some time.

GCQuinton

Rutgers/Mississippi hasn't been played. I PMed Owl earlier today and didn't hear anything, shot him a message just now on Live and went on for a while, but he's been away for quite some time.

Oh, ok. Saw you both on so I assumed you were playing.

Striker

GG GCQ.

Frustrating lag there in the 2nd and 3rd, on both our drives. I hope Comcast aren't having their usual crap. On Halo yesterday I had the same thing.

As for the game, I was able to pass efficiently and outside one blunder, stop the big play. The key play was obviously the forced fumble by AJ Grady Jr. on the WR - initially I thought he was already down but once I saw a couple replays in the final it was knocked out clean. Big play and it won it for me.

I still worry about my defense in future games.

Ramirez

I think Eek's already off for the night, looks like we'll have to play tomorrow. I won't be free until after 5 EST, and then it's a toss up if I'll actually be able to play until my usual 11-12 EST time slot. :p

I'm also shocked that I won the NC and rated so low, should at least wait until SMU beats me.

SMU/UK going down now!

Jesus, my WRs are SO bad, gonna be a long season.

EEK Tha Cat

Neo Member
Luckiest game I've had in this dynasty, Ram. I nearly burned the whole 4th from 3-5 yards out and I still couldn't punch it in.

Ramirez

Luckiest game I've had in this dynasty, Ram. I nearly burned the whole 4th from 3-5 yards out and I still couldn't punch it in.

Yea, my defense wasn't the problem. The WRs just could not get any separation and the QB would not lead passes at all when they did have a step. This dude is rated an 85 & has a star under him, but he throws the ball like a complete bum, picking up right where he left off last season with 3 INTs. Needless to say, his time starting for UK is done...

Honestly, it probably would have been a different game if I hadn't lame ducked that pick 6, totally didn't mean to hit that button, lol.

I also did not know transfers had to set out a year, so I spent the whole game wondering where my bamf xfer receiving TE was. :p

EEK Tha Cat

Neo Member
Honestly, it probably would have been a different game if I hadn't lame ducked that pick 6, totally didn't mean to hit that button, lol.

That pick was everything. I didn't really worry about defending the run after that, which is why I got burned so bad on that long TD run.

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Two Games

#20 NC State (GCQ) vs #18 Rutgers (BigAT)
#14 SMU (EEK tha Cat) vs #24 Arizona State
#3 Kansas State (Az) vs Minnesota (BPH) 
Fresno State (mik) vs UCF
Kansas (storybook) vs Utah State (BabeSlayer)

OPEN: #25 Kentucky (Ramirez), #23 Ohio (Striker), Ole Miss (KanZolo), San Diego State (Nightz)

Week Two Headlines

Ohio Shuts Down NC State To Enter The Top 25
SMU Defeats Defending National Champs Kentucky 23-7
Minnesota Edges San Diego State 18-14
The Lines Are Open: How Long Do You Think It'll Take For Kansas/Utah State To Play??

Rankings

Kansas State - #3 Coaches
SMU - #14 Coaches
Rutgers - #18 Coaches
NC State - #20 Coaches
Ohio - #23 Coaches
Kentucky - #25 Coaches

Player of the Week

Rashad Knight, FS, Rutgers
34-14 W Against Ole Miss
Tackle, ATK, 3 INT

Game of the Week

NC State vs Rutgers

WEEK TWO DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!

BPH, I won't be available tomorrow at all, so if we can play tonight that would be optimal.

Also, Kansas/Utah State gets simmed. Bank on it.

Will play my game tomorrow night if Babeslayer is available, going to the Falcons game tonight!

It won't be because of me!

Tomorrow night might be tricky.....unless it is early evening Friday night is date night for me and the lady.

I'm good anytime today though.

BigAT

GG AT. Another crazy one.

Yup, GG. I'm currently averaging a double overtime game a season. Thankfully I ended up on the better side this time around.

My receivers were getting absolutely no separation from your CBs and it resulted in a lot of forced passes and turnovers (nice user INT on my PA pass). I only had 3 completions all game. Thankfully I was able to move the ball effectively on the ground and things began to turn around when I focused solely on that. My front 7 on defense played extrememly well in limiting your run game, but my secondary gave up too many key completions after forcing 2nd and 3rd and long situations.

GG Az. Your defense was too fast for my C guys. You did well, but I gave you at least 14 points. :p I'm really missing Gray on those read options. He actually had some acceleration. :(

GG Az. Your defense was too fast for my C guys. You did well, but I gave you at least 14 points. :p I'm really missing Gray on those read options. He actually had some acceleration. :(

GG, man. I actually thought you did a great job picking apart my pass defense. If it weren't for a couple pick 6's that saved my ass, I think it would've been a totally different game.

GCQuinton

Hey GCQ, ill take a warning for beating Livewire so bad. Sorry

Only applies to CPU games, brah. Beat on humans till your heart's content!

In slightly related news, even though they've been losses, my first two games of not playing DL to prepare for whatever the Madden league may or may not do is going okay. A little more practice and I could see making the permanent switch to safety or MLB. Likely safety since Jon Beason should be okay on his own (if he survives this year).

mik's game and the TurtleWax Bowl are last up!

Ramirez

Only applies to CPU games, brah. Beat on humans till your heart's content!

In slightly related news, even though they've been losses, my first two games of not playing DL to prepare for whatever the Madden league may or may not do is going okay. A little more practice and I could see making the permanent switch to safety or MLB. Likely safety since Jon Beason should be okay on his own (if he survives this year).

mik's game and the TurtleWax Bowl are last up!

Man, playing LB in this game is so much harder than any of the past games, Madden or NCAA. I think they removed all assistance on pass defense, in past years if you were really close to the ball & hit Y your guy would sort of "sticky" himself to the ball and pick it. This year when you hit it he just kind of flails his arms and nothing happens, pretty crappy. The offense is already at a huge advantage in these games, didn't really see the point in nerfing the user D, especially when they said they wanted defense to be just as fun as offense, lol.

Also, if this doesn't advance til Saturday...feels bad man.

Man, playing LB in this game is so much harder than any of the past games, Madden or NCAA. I think they removed all assistance on pass defense, in past years if you were really close to the ball & hit Y your guy would sort of "sticky" himself to the ball and pick it. This year when you hit it he just kind of flails his arms and nothing happens, pretty crappy. The offense is already at a huge advantage in these games, didn't really see the point in nerfing the user D, especially when they said they wanted defense to be just as fun as offense, lol.

Haha, that happened when I was playing my game against you. Damn safety would always whiff on those picks and I swear I'd be off by maybe a millimeter.

Ramirez

Haha, that happened when I was playing my game against you. Damn safety would always whiff on those picks and I swear I'd be off by maybe a millimeter.

Yea, that's what I'm saying. In years past there's no way I would attempt some of the throws I did, but I know that no one is going to manually pick it off, so I just throw it anyways, lol.

It applies to run D as well, I've missed so many open field tackles this year because there's just no assist whatsoever. Throw in lag & it really feels like complete luck when I manage to get an open field TFL. That one play where I made your RB fumble was easily the best manual run D I've had all year, I had hundreds of those in years past, but it felt like I won the lottery that game. :p

GCQuinton

I gave up a few big plays, but I made a few good ones too (got a nice user pick off of AT last game). In most of the situations, it's entirely dependent on how fast you read the play and react which I like. A few more games and I think I'll have the hang of it.

I have actually found playing the LB a lot easier this year, granted i'm always (literally) the LB that is covering the HB so I have a lot more time to adjust to their routes etc...haven't tried to play as a safety yet..i'm afraid i'd just give up play after play.

Top Bottom