• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Seven Games

NC State (GCQ) vs #13 Georgia Tech
#23 Kentucky (Ramirez) vs South Carolina
#6 Ohio (Striker) vs Akron
#10 SMU (EEK tha Cat) vs #2 Rutgers (BigAT)
#4 Kansas State (Az) vs #8 Oklahoma
Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs Fresno State (mik)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs Nevada
Utah State (BabeSlayer) vs #3 Houston

OPEN: Kansas (storybook), Minnesota (BPH)

Week Seven Headlines

Dem Bobcats! Ohio Edges SMU In 17-14 Thriller
It Begins: Rutgers Moves Into BCS Title Contention After Open Week
Kentucky Rejoins Top 25 After Win Against Wisconsin
Assistants Take Over For Kansas Again, Jayhawks Lose

Rankings

Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #2 Media
Kansas State - #4 Coaches, #5 Media
Ohio - #6 Coaches, #7 Media
SMU - #10 Coaches, #11 Media
Kentucky - #23 Coaches, #17 Media

Player of the Week

Kenderius Whitehead, FS, NC State
24-0 W Against Virginia Tech
3 tackles, 3 TFL, 3 sacks, FF

Game of the Week

SMU vs Rutgers

WEEK SEVEN DEADLINE IS SUNDAY!

BigAT

GG Eek. I feel like I made a ton of stupid mistakes in the first half that proved to be too much to get past. I had a hard time defending the 8 offensive linemen on the field plays until I made some adjustments in the second half, but it proved to be too little too late. Way too many third and long conversions on your part, very frustrating for my defense.

Nightz

Any chance to extend the Sunday deadline by a few hours? Coming back from out of town that night and I have to go straight to my grandfather's viewing, which ends at 9 pm PST. I can play my game after that.

EEK Tha Cat

Neo Member
GG Eek. I feel like I made a ton of stupid mistakes in the first half that proved to be too much to get past. I had a hard time defending the 8 offensive linemen on the field plays until I made some adjustments in the second half, but it proved to be too little too late. Way too many third and long conversions on your part, very frustrating for my defense.

GG AT. I thought your comeback was inevitable but my secondary bailed me out. There were a few 3rd downs where I shouldn't have throw it but got lucky the defender in perfect position didn't turn his head.

Striker

Wonder what's been up with the dynasty website lately. Only my articles are getting posted.
May be related to the Game Recaps following the game's becoming inconsistent for completing on time, or without an attempt to Retry. Basically, EA's servers?

Completed my game, as well.

GCQuinton

Any chance to extend the Sunday deadline by a few hours? Coming back from out of town that night and I have to go straight to my grandfather's viewing, which ends at 9 pm PST. I can play my game after that.

Depends on the answer I get from this. What's the status on the following games?

Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs Fresno State (mik)
Utah State (BabeSlayer) vs #3 Houston

Moreso KZ and mik's game than BabeSlayer's. If they're played today and you're last up, it'll have to get simmed.

Ramirez

Is this a bug? I have dudes who have High interest in a subject, but when I compare them with a school who is way below me, it'll give me 0 gain/0 negative from the other school. It's really boning me on a 5 Star Safety, like 3 of his options do this every week.

KanZolo

I've encountered that a few times as well.

And Whoever said the cpu does a better job at recruiting, must be real horrible.

As an experiment in my offline dynasty I simmed an entire year and the cpu managed 2 mediocre recruits. In the first week of re doing my recruiting board in the off season I got 4 guys when doing it myself.

And it was with a back to back to back national championship team with two #1 recruiting classes in past 2 years

Is this a bug? I have dudes who have High interest in a subject, but when I compare them with a school who is way below me, it'll give me 0 gain/0 negative from the other school. It's really boning me on a 5 Star Safety, like 3 of his options do this every week.

Have you read the recruit response when it happened? I've had it happen to me and the recruit's quote was something like "I'm getting kind of sick of you bashing other schools." might be kind of a risk/reward kind of thing.

Ramirez

Have you read the recruit response when it happened? I've had it happen to me and the recruit's quote was something like "I'm getting kind of sick of you bashing other schools." might be kind of a risk/reward kind of thing.

I usually get the "I never looked at it as a revolving door of coaches" or some equivalent.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wonder what's been up with the dynasty website lately. Only my articles are getting posted.

I've been seeing the same. The articles are messed up. Other issues too, like being able to see other teams rosters or schedules, it's glitchy.

Striker

If they don't play until late anyway, why not wait a little so he can play? Seems like no big deal to me. We're not in a rush.

GCQuinton

If they don't play until late anyway, why not wait a little so he can play? Seems like no big deal to me. We're not in a rush.

Looks like he already simmed it, but not being in a rush isn't the point. We're sticking to the deadlines to keep the pace up, otherwise they might as well not even be there and I can be like "play it when you can, guys!". People are gonna miss games for a variety of reasons through the year, but that's what the Autopilot and SuperSim options are there for (regardless of your personal feelings on them). A good part of you guys play your games during the night/early morning time, so in that respect delaying an advance for even one game (especially a CPU one) would slow that down.

KanZolo

He didn't pm me yesterday, just posted in thread and I didn't see it. Pmd couple hours ago but haven't heard from him yet.

Small window to play this afternoon so it will probably have to be later in the evening

mik

mik is unbeatable
If you can ever identify a time that will help. I don't usually see the drive-by "you around?" PM until I'm around much later. What time this afternoon looks good?

KanZolo

If you can ever identify a time that will help. I don't usually see the drive-by "you around?" PM until I'm around much later. What time this afternoon looks good?
So if I specified a time, you have responded sooner than 5 hours later? Would it have compelled you to PM me instead of posting in the thread as well?

It looked good to play about 3 hours ago. "you around" =are you around to play now

mik

mik is unbeatable
Not trying to criticize. Just saying it might be more effective to say, "I can play on days x, y, and z, at times a, b, and c." that's all.

GCQuinton

Week Eight Games

NC State (GCQ) vs Clemson
#24 Kentucky (Ramirez) vs #8 Alabama
#4 Ohio (Striker) vs Toledo
#5 SMU (EEK tha Cat) vs Tulsa
#1 Kansas State (Az) vs West Virginia
Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs Texas A&M
Fresno State (mik) vs Air Force
Kansas (storybook) vs #21 Texas Tech
San Diego State (Nightz) vs Hawaii
Minnesota (BPH) vs Northwestern

OPEN: Utah State (BabeSlayer), #6 Rutgers (BigAT), 

Week Eight Headlines

Kansas State Now In BCS Drivers Seat After Rutgers Loss
Utah State Scores Huge Upset Win Over Houston
Ole Miss Blanks Fresno State In Their Own Backyard
Ohio Enters The Top Five After Beating Akron

Rankings

Kansas State - #1 Coaches, #2 Media
Ohio - #4 Coaches, #5 Media
SMU - #5 Coaches, #3 Media
Rutgers - #6 Coaches, #6 Media
Kentucky - #24 Coaches, #18 Media

Player of the Week

Jeff Scott, HB, Ole Miss
27-0 Win Against Fresno State
20 carries for 214 yards, 3 TD
2 receptions for 20 yards

Game of the Week

Kentucky vs Alabama

WEEK EIGHT DEADLINE IS MONDAY!

GCQuinton

3rd time i've been advanced on while recruiting lol so much for this recruiting class.

Looks like someone needs to reread the OP:

7. Weeks will be advanced immediately after everyone's games have been played, regardless of when the deadline is. This essentially means to take care of your recruiting ASAP, because I'm not waiting for you to do it.

Ramirez

Alabama barely taken out, my inept offense is going to catch up with me sooner or later in these cpu games. I think I finally get my #1 WR back for the next game though, that should help.

Go ahead & give Avery his POTW prize, FF, 5 TKLS, 2 TFL, & a TAINT.

Striker

Who has Striker been beating to get to number 5?!
Only significant win poll wise has been SMU. Got fortunate versus BPH's Minnesota team too which had a really crazy 4th quarter.

Also, slipped by Toledo of all teams. They were stopping my run game really well - only limited Boykin to 3.6 YPC, and pushing Blakenship to just 2.3 for both backs' 35 runs. Got a few nice passes mixed in for TD's, and defense held in the last possession.

The CPU's no huddle has been hurting my defense lately, mostly by the pass. Doesn't help my Safeties are ass outside Kristoff, but they're getting burnt or out of position.

Only significant win poll wise has been SMU. Got fortunate versus BPH's Minnesota team too which had a really crazy 4th quarter.

Also, slipped by Toledo of all teams. They were stopping my run game really well - only limited Boykin to 3.6 YPC, and pushing Blakenship to just 2.3 for both backs' 35 runs. Got a few nice passes mixed in for TD's, and defense held in the last possession.

The CPU's no huddle has been hurting my defense lately, mostly by the pass. Doesn't help my Safeties are ass outside Kristoff, but they're getting burnt or out of position.

Yeah... he had to score with less than a minute to win. Stupid defensive lapse. :(

GCQuinton

Week Nine Games

NC State (GCQ) vs Boston College
#3 Ohio (Striker) vs Buffalo
#5 SMU (EEK tha Cat) vs Rice
#2 Kansas State (Az) vs TCU
Fresno State (mik) vs Colorado State
Kansas (storybook) vs #18 Oklahoma
San Diego State (Nightz) vs Wyoming
Utah State (BabeSlayer) vs San Jose State
#6 Rutgers (BigAT) vs UConn
Minnesota (BPH) vs #9 Wisconsin

OPEN: #20 Kentucky (Ramirez), Ole Miss (KanZolo)

Week Nine Headlines

Ohio Continues To Climb The Polls After Beating Toledo
Fresno State Edges Air Force 17-14
San Diego State Takes Out SuperSim Loss On Hawaii In Blowout
Where Is Your Team In The Year's First BCS Standings?

Rankings

Kansas State - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Ohio - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
SMU - #5 Coaches, #4 Media, #5 BCS
Rutgers - #6 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Kentucky - #20 Coaches, #10 Media, #15 BCS

Player of the Week

Colin Lockett, WR, San Diego State
56-14 W Against Hawaii
16 receptions for 228 yards, 4 TD

Game of the Week

Minnesota vs Wisconsin

WEEK NINE DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!

Ramirez

If Nathan Miller is the 5 star CB, then you can suck my dick sir.

Lost out on the Safety too because of that stupid bug. "GREAT POINT COACH!" 0 UK/ 0 Iowa

GCQuinton

It's on the brain since I'm getting PMs about conference moves, so I wanted to throw something else I've been thinking about out there:

How would you guys feel if I threw out the BCS conference designations and make all of the BCS Bowls at-large next season? It wouldn't be a playoff, but it would ensure the top team, no matter what conference, get their spot in those games.

Also, Az, mik, story and BPH are last up.

Top Bottom