• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Lonestar said:
Uh Oh, here comes the constant 4 wide sets from your's truly

Branch Is a Seahawk.

That is if hes in the new roster update on the hawks, which he won't be I am assuming as they only did up to roster cutdown or there abouts. maybe the 2nd roster update.

Edit: beaten

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol branch won't be in the roster update due out tomorrow. he'll be in the next update in november sometime :lol

EA just delayed the roster update til next week so they could have the time to trade Branch to the Seahawks.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
They better be able to fix the fatigue issue. Because I'm tired of dominating people with my run game :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Well this roster update will officially eliminate my desire to use Davis at HB :p

It's going to be along season of me bitching and whining,get ready boys!

vumpler

Lone that's before I figured out how to run lol. Oh and also you complain a lot durring games :) lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
vumpler said:
Lone that's before I figured out how to run lol. Oh and also you complain a lot durring games :) lol

He does. Lone needs to start playing these games for enjoyment. Dude sounds like he's gonna snap when he's playing video games.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
HOW DARE YOU...yeah, you're right. Football games are the only ones that I'm like that on. Guess that's growing up an SEC football guy. It's no longer a game down here in the south....IT'S SO REAAAAAAAL.

I vote for no Mic during games.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thank god I break all my mics,I cuss up a shit storm playing Madden.

Fifty

Yeah, even when I knew where my mic was I never used in during league games. If you're seriously trying to win it usually becomes "shit" "crap" "dammit" instead of the usual smalltalk or joking around you would have in a game that doesn't count.

hgplayer1

LiveWire said:
FMT: karishbhr and I tried about a dozen times to start a game tonight but for some reason it wouldn't let us. We both kept getting "unable to connect" or "opponent has left the room" messages. Neither of us has had this happen before. We've both had occasional lag against other players. I saw DM playing an unranked game while we were trying to play, so I'm assuming it's not the EA servers....but then again, it may be, knowing how crappy their online "service" is....anyway, let us know what you want us to do.

hgplayer: I'll be at FedEx Field south endzone tomorrow night for the game, so I won't be able to play until Tuesday night. Let me know what times work for you.

P.S. I hope the Jags victory helped get y'all used to losing, cause next week you'll have another L in your home stadium. :p

first of all who is this guy? is he the new Jets owner? or is that DJ? oh wait pretty sure its DJ. hes a deadskins fan.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
Yeah, even when I knew where my mic was I never used in during league games. If you're seriously trying to win it usually becomes "shit" "crap" "dammit" instead of the usual smalltalk or joking around you would have in a game that doesn't count.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Right True ;)

hgplayer1

Shogun said:
Hey guys, i'll be handling the jets from now on in, I'm really looking foward to playing with you all.

want to play tonight? I have a preseason game that I never got to play against the Jets.

whats your AIM screen name and Live Gamertag?

Matrix

sableholic,im still free to play after the Skins game.

I'll log onto madden after the game ends,ill send you a challenge since im home.

vumpler

Is the patch tomorrow to or just the rosters? I was under the impression it was just rosters and the update was a rumor o_O

Matrix

GG Sable.

One thing,you didnt use the vision cone on your first td pass,im sure it was by mistake cause you used it the rest of the game.

I keep getting sacked cause Carr wont get rid of the ball,f-ing button press delay :\

Matrix said:
GG Sable.

One thing,you didnt you the vision cone on your first td pass,im sure it was by mistake cause you used it the rest of the game.

Yea sorry about that my mistake. GG to you too. Wish the real game went like that, stupid Hall.

Also one thing about the cone, I don't think we should have to use it on screen passes, dumbest thing ever. Maybe thats just me though.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
sableholic said:
Also one thing about the cone, I don't think we should have to use it on screen passes, dumbest thing ever. Maybe thats just me though.

I believe there is a little flexability on Screen Passes. Not sure, but i think thats the case

Fifty

I think that's a non issue. people hardly ever do screen passes, and if you want to call one, you can preset the cone on on the RB/WR so it's hardly the "dumbest thing ever". If we're going to insist on the cone (personally I don't care if I face people who don't use it) then we might as well go all the way. What if someone throws long on a screen play without the cone? Are people going to be pissed off because of that? Just keep it as is, it's simple.

Matrix

well the td he scored wasnt a screen pass,thats the only reason I brought it up.

I could care less if people dont want to use the cone on screens,though fifty has a point about a long pass on a screen play.

ugh.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think its stupid for the reason that, if you dont have your cone up, and your not running, i know what the **** you play call is, and can blow it up easily

Matrix

I say lets go NO cone at all!

Whos with me and konex!

*cricket*

Matrix

Cloudy said:
I have no problems with cone anymore. In fact, it'd be hard to stop pressing the right stick when I snap cos I'm so used to it now :lol

No class I tell ya,no class!

Fifty

Matrix has the best reason of any of us not to want the cone. Without the cone you can make quicker passing decisions and when you've got an O line as sad as his it can get ugly.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Matrix has the best reason of any of us not to want the cone. Without the cone you can make quicker passing decisions and when you've got an O line as sad as his it can get ugly.

Atleast someone understands my pain.

Fifty

I understand it only because I am the cause of so much of it.

RayLewis.jpg

Matrix

DMczaf

Fifty said:

He should hand the ball off to Bush then.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
He should hand the ball off to Bush then.

And they should downgrade your team to utter shit.

27-0 :p

Matrix said:
well the td he scored wasnt a screen pass,thats the only reason I brought it up.

I could care less if people dont want to use the cone on screens,though fifty has a point about a long pass on a screen play.

ugh.

Sorry guess I didnt make that clear, it wasn't on the TD pass. It was just that the play got blown up because of the cone in my opinion. I'm fine with it all the other times, just the one or two few times I do a screen pass I don't really want to have it blown up like that.

Matrix

Laugh it up the man who has the cpu play D for him! No class!

Your Broncos lost too :p

Rorschach

I don't see what's so low about the stats.

Total offense
1 Denver Broncos 937
2 Cincinnati Bengals 909
3 Oakland Raiders 857
4 San Francisco 49ers 826
5 Washington Redskins 809

Total Rushing Yards
1 Oakland Raiders 598
2 Washington Redskins 516
3 Cincinnati Bengals 411
4 Tennessee Titans 403
5 Miami Dolphins 395

Total Passing Yards
1 Kansas City Chiefs 675
2 Denver Broncos 657
3 Cincinnati Bengals 498
4 San Francisco 49ers 475
5 New York Giants 450

That's only over a 3 game span. (and a lot of games weren't even played week2/3)

Jordan is averaging ~166 yards a game and 7.6 yards per carry. :D

I'll try a couple of games with the 6 min quarters, then vote.

This 6 minute quarter b.s. may be a deal breaker for me. The games already go on well over an hour for the slower connections, and I can't imagine adding a fifth quarter essentially. The stats will balance out once the fatigue is fixed. When L.T. and L.J. start to run noticably slower after 6 straight rushes, people will start passing. Please dont raise the time for the games, I am having a hard enough time with the five minute quarters.

Top Bottom