• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Miguel

Rorschach
Flake Enabler
(Today, 01:14 AM)

fitted2.jpg

:lol

Zep

Banned
The roster update is for all systems. In regards to the patch. I'll have an update on this later today or tomorrow. It will not hit the same day as the roster updates.

What a bunch of bullshit.

DCX

DCX
vumpler said:
I have to agree 5min quarters lasts to long as is.
I did vote for 6 minutes becuase i feel it takes a bit for my to get into a flow of a game...second half i tend to play alot better, but that will also give my oppnent that much more time to blow me out of the stadium :p

DCX

DCX

DCX
Is the roster up yet? And are the servers live yet?

update: Roster is up, Lelie is on the Falcons etc, season is a go fellas! Good job EA, can't wait to get this started!!

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
don't know what to think of 5 or 6 minute quarters. Looking at my offensive stats and comparing to others, I don't think my plays are going fast enough to get these high offensive stats. There's alot of moments of slowing up (audibles, hot routes, etc). So 6 minutes would help there (though everyone gets 6 minutes, negating all that I just said).

And 5 minutes, on a slow, laggy connection. IS FOREVER.

I'm going to go with "It Goes to 11"

OH BALLS ROSTER IS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

season begins tonight (after i get home from work!)

actually you can play now if you like, but the issue is that the owner of leaguedaddy needs to reset the rosters on the site as they are inaccurate and have duplicates of players. i have already notified him late last night that he needs to erase all rosters so i can update it correctly. therefore if you play before i do that, you'd have to write all of your stats down and enter them at a later time. sorry guys :(

Lonestar

Just make sure Branch is on Seattle's Leaguedaddy roster. I don't know if he's on EA's update, but if not, will hopefully be on there soon. And New England cannot use Branch in the meantime. :p

"Physical D-Line spreading is now banned"

;) ;) ;) ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DaddyZ said:
What a bunch of bullshit.

I still maintain that there will never be a patch. Its been close to a month now.

Lone: I can't play you for our season game until Thursday. Meeting up with the gf tonight, and going to the Yankee game tomorrow. We always have epic battles anyway, especially now that you have an overrated team!

Lonestar

No problem on thursday, I plan on skipping work Friday (OUT OF PRINCIPLE, long story).

I plan on moving my xbox to a hard wire connection, to achieve the best connection I can (on my end, at least). I'd like to find out that Branch is on the team (tried out in practice with him on the staff...4 wide 1 RB will be crazy stoopid. I expect to be banned from using it.

90 Jackson
88 Branch
87 Burleson
85 Engram (underrated, he catches EVERYTHING)

Stevens might be hurt on the roster though.

Branch will replace Warrick (NEVER FORGET)

DCX

DCX
Duce, when can we do this? i'm off tonight but i have to attend a soccer game tonight around 6-10pm. I can play you after a get home...maybe midnight or a little before. I work 3-11PM makes things hard to schedule. I'm free morning...and after 11PM, i have off today but got a soccer commitment, i'm off again this weekend though, but i'm sure we could fit in a game before then. AIM=DreamcastKC

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
Broncos rating dropped to 74. I guess I should be happy it's not lower after Sunday's debacle :lol

edit: Are the rosters online only or can I DL them for offline use? If so, how?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Matrix has the best reason of any of us not to want the cone. Without the cone you can make quicker passing decisions and when you've got an O line as sad as his it can get ugly.

You don't even need to have an Oline as sad as his. I'm using the Colts (cursed) and with the freakin button delay caused by lag I'm getting rolled over. On one pass play last night against Wellie, Manning just stood there while I hit my B button at least 5 times. He never even made an attempt to move his arm.
When the lag is low it's ok, but if lag is there the cone shouldn't even be an option.

Cloudy said:
If folks keep blitzing you, just play shotgun and make them pay...

or do what they would do in real life, a screen pass cept that doesnt work for shit.

Also does anybody know a playbook/formation that has two HBs?

Lonestar

Konex, if you can see the Bronco's overall rating, can you list some other teams for the people at work?

Sable: Try the Pro Style offense. You'll see it in Balance. I know it's in Seattle's playbook, along with some other 2 HB formations.

Cloudy

Banned
Lonestar said:
Konex, if you can see the Bronco's overall rating, can you list some other teams for the people at work?

Ok these ratings are messed up. How are the Broncos rated lower than the Packers? :lol

What teams do you want? I don't really feel like typing EVERY team :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Ok, here's a few :)

Broncos - 74
Giants - 72
Falcons - 85
Patriots -97 (What a joke :lol)
Ravens -88
Seahawks - 86
Steelers - 91
Texans - 83 (Wow, my Broncos are lower? :lol)
Vikings - 90
Bears - 73
Buccaneers - 75
Colts - 90
Cowboys - 73
Dolphins - 70
Eagles - 96
Lions - 78 (Also better than Denver according to EA)
Packers - 80 (Wow)
Raiders - 81 (ROFL)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
11-5, top 4 offense in the league, rebuilt D, and 72 OVR? Suck my CACK EA.

Lone: You can go four wide all game, as long as you don't jump pass. I got more than a little sick of that crap with you guys (you and Hito) and Jurevicious last year.

Lonestar

I barely had Jurevicious last year! He got a boost in ratings after you guys went to PS2.

How do you jump pass? Is it just high throw?

BTW, I don't believe any of what Konex wrote. Seahawks go from 90 to 86 off of what??? The eagles go from 80's to 96? What happened, they add Bednarick and Gale Sayers?

Fifty

I don't recall seeing Gunstar lately. Has anyone? I can play in the evenings if you'll tell me what time works for you, Gunstar. Use PMs as to not clog up this thread with our discussion :D I can't wait to play the Pats :(

Cloudy

Banned
I see the same jump-passing when I play other folks so I know it's not just me. And if it's being caused by cone, we might just have to turn it off cos it's not anything I'm trying to do :lol

Fifty

I'd check out your individual ratings before I freaked out about the overall ratings. EA is known to have some really screwy overall ratings, there's a chance your team(s) aren't really this bad.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
If folks keep blitzing you, just play shotgun and make them pay...

It was the lag that was killing me. When I snap the ball and can't pass the ball because the buttons are not responding there isn't too much I can do. It was really sad.

I don't really like the Colts playbooks at all. I think it's time to play around with the balanced book. Too many of the Colts plays are quick comeback routes for Harrison. And if someone is playing even a half decent zone those are garbage. Plus I find it odd that they don't have a 5 wide set. Wellie mentioned he doesn't think they have the personal for that though. I'm gonna start using a normal 4-3 defense too cause I miss not having 6-4 or Bear in my defensive sets. Colts are cursed cause their playbooks are lame.

Wow. Those ratings are ass. So the Giants, Broncos and Bears are the worst teams now? Whatever. Pats lose their top WR are their ratings go up??

TheDuce22

Banned
DCX said:
Duce, when can we do this? i'm off tonight but i have to attend a soccer game tonight around 6-10pm. I can play you after a get home...maybe midnight or a little before. I work 3-11PM makes things hard to schedule. I'm free morning...and after 11PM, i have off today but got a soccer commitment, i'm off again this weekend though, but i'm sure we could fit in a game before then. AIM=DreamcastKC

DCX

Sometime tonight after like 8 pacific should be ok. Just let me know what time.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
It was the lag that was killing me. When I snap the ball and can't pass the ball because the buttons are not responding there isn't too much I can do. It was really sad.

I don't really like the Colts playbooks at all. I think it's time to play around with the balanced book. Too many of the Colts plays are quick comeback routes for Harrison. And if someone is playing even a half decent zone those are garbage. Plus I find it odd that they don't have a 5 wide set. Wellie mentioned he doesn't think they have the personal for that though. I'm gonna start using a normal 4-3 defense too cause I miss not having 6-4 or Bear in my defensive sets. Colts are cursed cause their playbooks are lame.

Wow. Those ratings are ass. So the Giants, Broncos and Bears are the worst teams now? Whatever. Pats lose their top WR are their ratings go up??
Dude, just use the Falcons playbook, ignore the QB scambles and bootlegs, and use that.

DCX

AkaBalla

Cloudy said:
Ok, here's a few :)

Broncos - 74
Giants - 72
Falcons - 85
Patriots -97 (What a joke :lol)
Ravens -88
Seahawks - 86
Steelers - 91
Texans - 83 (Wow, my Broncos are lower? :lol)
Vikings - 90
Bears - 73
Buccaneers - 75
Colts - 90
Cowboys - 73
Dolphins - 70
Eagles - 96
Lions - 78 (Also better than Denver according to EA)
Packers - 80 (Wow)
Raiders - 81 (ROFL)

Cmon Konex, Why no Saints ratings in there?

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
I don't recall seeing Gunstar lately. Has anyone? I can play in the evenings if you'll tell me what time works for you, Gunstar. Use PMs as to not clog up this thread with our discussion :D I can't wait to play the Pats :(

He's been around. I talked to him on aim numerous times over the weekend.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
83 :lol :lol

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
actually you can play now if you like, but the issue is that the owner of leaguedaddy needs to reset the rosters on the site as they are inaccurate and have duplicates of players. i have already notified him late last night that he needs to erase all rosters so i can update it correctly. therefore if you play before i do that, you'd have to write all of your stats down and enter them at a later time. sorry guys :(

easy to lose track of important messages amidst all the clutter. Sorry Duce. I could unlock the week for you but it would screw things up.

edit: actually FMT put this information on the main league daddy page as well.

Fifty

Just had a two minute qtr quickie with Matrix. I haven't played long enough to know all of my guy's ratings, but...

Ravens changes:

Heap gained 1 point (I think
-my #2 reciever got quite a big boost
-new FB
-99 rated Ed Reed is now a FS instead of a SS, forcing people to throw to my side more :)
-new just as shitty punter

One thing I did notice, is that Matt Stover missed two FGs. I didn't check his rating, but I'm assuming it's close to the same as before. What I'm hoping they patched is the easy-as-hell FGs. It's probably all in my head and stover just stinks now, but field goals up to 55 yards were money with him and now they're falling short. That was one of my biggest complaints with the game (money FGs) so maybe they fixed it. God that was a rambling paragraph.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
akaballa my aim isnt working on the computer im using,whats up?

We cant play our league game till the leaguedaddy roster stuff is fixed.

I got a question fifty? What did my team overall rating show for you? Texans still showed 75 for me,not 83 like Konex said.

I got Dayne in the roster update,but I didnt really notice any player rating boosts for the Texans.I need to look over the team more.

Top Bottom