• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Rorschach

Only problem is that I don't have a single ranked match (0-0 ftw!). Oh well, it's more fun with people on your friends list, anyway.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
haha I went 13/39 against the computer ai of the Lions and couldt hit the endzone at all.I didnt know the Lions had championship D.

I forgot when you play Konex you really play the computer,ugh.

Did you even have one user tackle konex? zzzzzzz why must you play this way?

I remember this from last season :lol I bitched about it then along with the fact you didnt use the cone,atleast you use that now :p

edit- gg anyway,you have mastered the art of getting the cpu to play insane D.

Btw how were you able to get like ten mins in the pocket,I couldnt get to the QB at all even with blitzing,you had an all-pro off line :\

Cloudy

Banned
I didnt know the Lions had championship D.

Can I get a little credit? :(

Did you even have one user tackle kone

I hit x as my guy gets to you :lol

Btw how were you able to get like ten mins in the pocket,I couldnt get to the QB at all even with blitzing,you had an all-pro off line :\

I dunno, man. Duce said the same thing. Maybe I pass quick? Unlike you expert cone-users I decide who I'm gonna pass to before I snap so I don't have to adjust it :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
well they dont seem to be crediting you with any user tackles :\

I give you credit for picking the right D plays, but come on dude its more like you play nfl head coach :p

Nah you didnt pass super quick,maybe a couple of times,but I just couldnt get to the QB at all till you let me at the end.

I wish I had that much time :\

TheDuce22

Banned
Cloudy said:
I dunno, man. Duce said the same thing. Maybe I pass quick?

When there is a little bit of pressure you run to the left a little bit then stop. I didnt see exactly whats happening but it buys you a ton of time somehow.

Cloudy

Banned
Until EA fixes the momentum, it's just too risky to play manual defense for me

When there is a little bit of pressure you run to the left a little bit then stop. I didnt see exactly whats happening but it buys you a ton of time somehow.

Hmm...I dunno. I haven't had a problem with sacks at all like some folks though. The majority of my sacks are if I'm running PA and the defense is blitzing...

Matrix

Yea well until you do it feels like im playing the cpu and the Texans cant do shit against the cpu on all-madden it seems.

Also the first FB td you had,did you see what I saw? your player ran through my guys :lol No contact at all.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
FB dive is guaranteed positive yards unless the other guy knows it's coming :D

Nah I know that,I mean like he went thru my players,like a glitch.

Cloudy

Banned
The BS that happened to me on the first play was weirder though. Bobbles the pass, makes the catch then fumbles it for a TD :lol

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Nah I know that,I mean like he went thru my players,like a glitch.
2.jpg

It happens whenever two or more players are trying to tackle the same guy and the ballcarrier jukes one of them. You can go through 4 people if they're all trying to tackle you at the same time. It sucks!

Also, I hate how spinning = invincible unless you get the player right before he does it.

Matrix

that was classic konex,you know you liked it :D

haha yea thats what happened Ror,pissed me off.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So Konex hits Y when he's not controlling the WR and hits X when he's not controlling the defensive player and still thinks he's responsible for the outcome? :lol

Man that's like when I trick my 4 year old daughter into thinking she is playing games with me by just handing her a controller that isn't turned on and then congratulating her when I do something good. :D She loves it. Maybe you can come play games with her Konex. :lol

K but about the jump passes. The only way to get those is to push up just as you are throwing the ball. It usually happens because you get the QB moving back upfield as you are about to throw. I push up sometimes when I'm trying to throw past a defender but it never works for me.

I really wish I could figure out how to throw the ball deep though. Anytime I try a deep pass I always wing up throwing it at the WR instead of throwing it deep and letting him chase it.

mmlemay: I can play tomorrow night if that works for you. I wasn't around at all today. Was building a pantry in my kitchen. I'm the next Ty. :)

Matrix

I will say this,Konex didnt throw any jump passes against me and he has stopped running to the sidelines,helps that he has all day to throw :p :(

He just doesnt play any manual D.Id rather deal with jump passes myself,not seeing someone play any manual D just makes me feel like im playing with myself...

yes that sounds naughty.

Fifty

Cloudy said:
Until EA fixes the momentum, it's just too risky to play manual defense for me

You mean until you get better ;)

I play manual CB and I win most of my games. The momentum changes to this year's game make that even harder. Making a few tackles as a LB won't kill you.

Cloudy

Banned
So Konex hits Y when he's not controlling the WR and hits X when he's not controlling the defensive player and still thinks he's responsible for the outcome?

:lol :(

OK seriously...on tackles, I switch to the nearest guy and hit x (I've abandoned the shitty hit stick cos I keep getting burned) but on pass deflections, I just wait till the ball is almost there and hit Y. It works, dammit! >_<

He just doesnt play any manual D.Id rather deal with jump passes myself,not seeing someone play any manual D just makes me feel like im playing with myself...

But I control the d-linemen :)

I will say this,Konex didnt throw any jump passes against me

See, now I'm confused here. I saw some passes on both sides where the WR went up to get the ball. So that animation doesn't always mean it's a jump pass?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Cloudy said:
:lol :(

OK seriously...on tackles, I switch to the nearest guy and hit x (I've abandoned the shitty hit stick cos I keep getting burned) but on pass deflections, I just wait till the ball is almost there and hit Y. It works, dammit! >_<

I still cant believe you actually think your doing something by pressing Y :lol :lol :lol

Cloudy

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
I still cant believe you actually think your doing something by pressing Y :lol :lol :lol

Maybe it's in my head but when I don't press Y, I drop passes and my D gets burned :lol

Truelize said:
mmlemay: I can play tomorrow night if that works for you. I wasn't around at all today. Was building a pantry in my kitchen. I'm the next Ty. :)

About what time works for you? I probably wouldn't be able to do it until later in the night. If we can't hook up it's no big deal, but we should try to get it in.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FMT

I am withdrawing from the league. I am not enjoying this and it has nothing to do with the people in the league. This game is broken in some key areas online and the experience for me is just not enjoyable. I am sorry if this causes an inconvenience but I am truly just not feeling this game. Best of luck to all.

Nog

hgplayer1

Denog sorry about not being able to get our game in last night. Ive got that worked out now but I guess youre leaving.

DJ I can probably play tonight but it is opening week in the NFL and I cant get enough football so I may be watching the Colts game later.

if not tonight then Monday evening is good for me. probably no earlier than 8 CST.

DenogginizerOS

hgplayer1 said:
Denog sorry about not being able to get our game in last night. Ive got that worked out now but I guess youre leaving.

DJ I can probably play tonight but it is opening week in the NFL and I cant get enough football so I may be watching the Colts game later.

if not tonight then Monday evening is good for me. probably no earlier than 8 CST.

No worries. I hope your XBOX is alright. Best of the luck in the league.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Denogg noooo :( You were becomiing a football rival of mine. You better not be a stranger then since you're not in the league this year :(

DenogginizerOS

vumpler said:
Denogg noooo :( You were becomiing a football rival of mine. You better not be a stranger then since you're not in the league this year :(

This game is getting sold. Play me in NBA 2k or NHL. Madden is just not doing it for me this year.

vumpler

DenogginizerOS said:
This game is getting sold. Play me in NBA 2k or NHL. Madden is just not doing it for me this year.

I was a huge nba 2k fan but my damn game cracked in the center so its all jacked up. It did it while it was playing too. No idea, but I"m ready for 2k7 :D

vumpler

What is this trash:

Top teams that start with a B
1. Buccaneers [ 2.8 ] (6) 2
2. Bears [ 2.8 ] (6) 4
3. Broncos [ 3.0 ] (5) 3
4. Bengals [ 3.0 ] (3) 1
5. Bills [ 4.7 ] 5
6. Browns [ 4.7 ] (2) 6

4th!? I can understand the bucs getting the nod but 4th!?!? I'm undefeated in the preseason along with the bucs BAH!

bosevan

Hey guys this is the lions new owner, I am posting so you guys know who to contact for preseason and season games. I can play pretty much whenever. Look foward to the season!
AIM bonsevan77
email witheringtone@pop.belmont.edu
XBLtag Farnsworth165

AZ Greg and karishbhr lets get our game. PM me to schedule it. I'm ready to roll I'm the lions..

vumpler

I don't even know who AZ Greg nor karishbhr are Evan. So I don't know what to say about getting a game with those guys. *shrugs*

Hopefully they'll get with you soon though. I'm ready to see how you do with the mighty lions.

Matrix

I can play anytime past 9 pm eastern time tomorrow.

Matrix

Ill meet you on xbl at 9:15 eastern time tomorrow night,I already sent you a friends request.

If something comes up before then and I cant play *im 95% sure I can* I'll post in here in advance.

Matrix said:
Ill meet you on xbl at 9:15 eastern time tomorrow night,I already sent you a friends request.

If something comes up before then and I cant play *im 95% sure I can* I'll post in here in advance.

Oh wait shit, forgot my skins are on tommorow night. Man I need sleep lol. So stupid. Can we push it back to whenever that is completed? Prob like 10:30ish?

Matrix

sableholic said:
Oh wait shit, forgot my skins are on tommorow night. Man I need sleep lol. So stupid. Can we push it back to whenever that is completed? Prob like 10:30ish?

Sure.

bluemax

Banned
vumpler said:
What is this trash:

Top teams that start with a B
1. Buccaneers [ 2.8 ] (6) 2
2. Bears [ 2.8 ] (6) 4
3. Broncos [ 3.0 ] (5) 3
4. Bengals [ 3.0 ] (3) 1
5. Bills [ 4.7 ] 5
6. Browns [ 4.7 ] (2) 6

4th!? I can understand the bucs getting the nod but 4th!?!? I'm undefeated in the preseason along with the bucs BAH!

I'll tell you this as a member of the same division as you I'm not looking forward to facing your offense. I can only hope that my defensive magic keeps me in the game.

LiveWire

FMT: karishbhr and I tried about a dozen times to start a game tonight but for some reason it wouldn't let us. We both kept getting "unable to connect" or "opponent has left the room" messages. Neither of us has had this happen before. We've both had occasional lag against other players. I saw DM playing an unranked game while we were trying to play, so I'm assuming it's not the EA servers....but then again, it may be, knowing how crappy their online "service" is....anyway, let us know what you want us to do.

hgplayer: I'll be at FedEx Field south endzone tomorrow night for the game, so I won't be able to play until Tuesday night. Let me know what times work for you.

P.S. I hope the Jags victory helped get y'all used to losing, cause next week you'll have another L in your home stadium. :p

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
LiveWire said:
FMT: karishbhr and I tried about a dozen times to start a game tonight but for some reason it wouldn't let us. We both kept getting "unable to connect" or "opponent has left the room" messages. Neither of us has had this happen before. We've both had occasional lag against other players. I saw DM playing an unranked game while we were trying to play, so I'm assuming it's not the EA servers....but then again, it may be, knowing how crappy their online "service" is....anyway, let us know what you want us to do.

hgplayer: I'll be at FedEx Field south endzone tomorrow night for the game, so I won't be able to play until Tuesday night. Let me know what times work for you.

P.S. I hope the Jags victory helped get y'all used to losing, cause next week you'll have another L in your home stadium. :p

Sound like one of you is behind a router. You might want to try connecting your Cable Modem directly to the 360, that usually corrects the problem.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
mmlemay said:
True,

Are we going to rumble tonight? If so, let me know soon.

Sorry man. Family came into town Saturday night so I was obligated to be a good host. Hit me on AIM tomorrow and we'll try to set something up.

DCX

DCX
Fifty, there is no point i playing game three if the season is supposed to start on wensday.

DCX

LiveWire

Gunstar, Konex: thx, I'll give that a try. It's odd, because I played a perfect, lag-free game with my week 2 opponent, bluemax. And several other lag-free games. But I played FMT for a laggy game which got disconnected at halftime. *shrug*

BTW, the Eagles look pretty damn good again this year. Granted, it was the Texans, but McNabb is 100% back and it's obvious that TO wasn't the only thing that got them to the SB 2 years ago. Oh, and :lol at the Saints for trading Stallworth.

Truelize said:
Sorry man. Family came into town Saturday night so I was obligated to be a good host. Hit me on AIM tomorrow and we'll try to set something up.

I can't play on Mon-Wed due to my job (consultant with 100% travel). It's no biggie, though, with the regular season starting soon. FMT knows we aren't flakes so we're good.

Cloudy

Banned
Z: What did you mean by messaging me "class" and quitting the game? Were you impying I did something wrong? :lol

Edit: OMG, I just realized you had to go to class :lol I'm just paranoid with all these cheese accusations lately and I did just turn a 17-0 game to 17-14 with 8 secs left in the half :lol

Matrix

You have no class for beating me before Konex.

Top Bottom