• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:
Thats because there is no one worth boosting on the Texans

Do you want me to cry? Is that your goal!

Fifty

Matrix said:
I got a question fifty? What did my team overall rating show for you? Texans still showed 75 for me,not 83 like Konex said.

Yaeh I noticed 75 as well. Anyway, EA's rankings have always meant jack shit. The player ratings are all that matters. Don't know where Konex got those numbers though.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:

Here I'll help you some more...

p1_bush_texans.jpg

*weeps*

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Looking over the Eagles rosters, there are still some mistakes. Mainly in the HB and FB Catagory. Other than that pretty good for the first outing

CB3

karishbhr, let me know when you can roll. This week is kinda hard for me since i gotta go to a wedding on saturday, and friday is all the pre-wedding stuff ill be occupied with. So sometime between today and thursday would be best

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wow man, playing DaddyZ in a scrimmage and I have 5 turnovers from the passing game. 3 ints and 2 fumbles. Eli looks like Jake plummer out there, amazing considering how good I usually am protecting the ball.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Warrick and Pruitt are cut, Babineaux was moved to safety (done so to replace season injured Mike Green...who still in there at the other safety!). They've moved around some Olinemen (Ashworth over to backup LT, Henry from LT to LG), but....Willis and Locklear...still 69. **** you EA. Obumanu is still on the team, though he was cut, and Branch...is still on the Patty's. I believe there is a 3rd TE now, Will Heller.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Make it 6. I don't understand how when the ball is in the air he can switch and run over so quickly. Usually if a player attempts that he is penalized because of the momentum system.

Cloudy

Banned
The Tigers game is boring me to tears and the Yankees are up 9-0 in the other game I was watching. AIM me when you wanna play...

week 1 is up. the rosters look good. PLEASE double check your rosters and make sure there are no duplicates!

play ball!!!

p.s. ianswoody when can you roll?

Fifty

For anyone whose computer isn't in the same room as their TV and needs to write down stats on paper first (like me!), I suggest you use this

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/stats/print/?lid=1307

if you go to your week one player stat entry page and fill out your lineup (without any stats) and then checkmark "save currently selected players as default lineup" you'll get something like this:

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/stats/print/?lid=1307&roster=64010

If that doesn't show up for you it's just the first printable form with all the player names.

Matrix

akaballa I can play tomorrow night anytime past 9pm eastern.

I was just looking at the rules, why in the world is defensive line spreading illegal?

the blocking against a spread d-line is very poor apparently. i asked everyone give me input on D-line spreading, and everyone who i spoke to said it was dirty and cheesy and didn't want it in league play. if you don't speak up how will your voice be heard!

p.s. the bills AIM is karishbhr (i believe)

ianswoody

Yeah. D-Line spreading = smelly. What about LB shifting? Is that okay? I've seen some teams do it and some not, so I'm not sure if it's legal.

CB3

ianswoody said:
Yeah. D-Line spreading = smelly. What about LB shifting? Is that okay? I've seen some teams do it and some not, so I'm not sure if it's legal.

Thats fine

fellas i detailed exactly what i am talking about in the rules section. i'll post it here:

* Physical defensive line spreading is BANNED for regular season play! I asked that everyone detail their experience with it, and the only feedback I received was negative. Therefore do not do it. For those who don't know, physical defensive line SPREADING is pressing LB + Up on the D-PAD. Now, you can SHIFT your line left or right, or PINCH your line, you just can't SPREAD your line physically. You can STUNT your line to do a spread (LB + Up on the RIGHT STICK).

come on fellas please read the rules! i spent 24 hours on being very detailed with them!

p.s. IANSWOODY DONT IGNORE ME! can you play tonight? i get off work in about an hour

malleymal xbl = malleymal
malleymal aim = mr njblack? crap i have it on my AIM but i'm not at home. someone who has malley on their buddylist post his AIM!

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
malleymal xbl = malleymal
malleymal aim = mr njblack? crap i have it on my AIM but i'm not at home. someone who has malley on their buddylist post his AIM!

Malley's AIM is 'Mr Black NJ" Not sure why you need it so badly if you're not home.

edit: I see two games have already been played. Nice work guys. Stats look good in the NYJ/CLE game, realism wise.

Also, note to the new guys (shogun and duce) you don't need to fill out the entire form with 0's. Instead of a 0 you can leave the category blank. Whatever works best for you. Thanks.

LiveWire

Hey FMT, is there a spot to place a blocked FG stat? I'm guessing not, but if there is I want to make sure my DEF gets the credit. :)

Fifty said:
Malley's AIM is 'Mr Black NJ" Not sure why you need it so badly if you're not home.

edit: I see two games have already been played. Nice work guys. Stats look good in the NYJ/CLE game, realism wise.

Also, note to the new guys (shogun and duce) you don't need to fill out the entire form with 0's. Instead of a 0 you can leave the category blank. Whatever works best for you. Thanks.

I dont need it badly, but I'd like to get in contact with him home or not. Like to arrange the time so we can at least setup a time. I didn't know it was the home persons job to get in contact with the other team.

Fifty

Oh, shit, sorry Sabre. I didn't read your post. I thought it was FMT's question and I'm mean to him. There is no set responsibility as to who's setting up the game.

edit: Is it just me or are the posts screwed up? It shows sabre's reply to me above my post.

Fifty said:
Oh, shit, sorry Sabre. I didn't read your post. I thought it was FMT's question and I'm mean to him. There is no set responsibility as to who's setting up the game.

ah lol I was like jeez just was asking.

Cloudy

Banned
Well, week 1 went pretty horribly :lol Fumbled on my first play to give up an easy TD. I somehow go up 12 then allow a TD with secs left in the half.

Then I throw 4 ints (2 for TDs) in the 2nd half :( Plummer in mid-season form :D

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the blocking against a spread d-line is very poor apparently. i asked everyone give me input on D-line spreading, and everyone who i spoke to said it was dirty and cheesy and didn't want it in league play. if you don't speak up how will your voice be heard!

p.s. the bills AIM is karishbhr (i believe)

Great now we have no way to contain running QBs, :(

QB Running cheese > then D-Line Spread

TheDuce22

Banned
Gunstar77 said:
Great now we have no way to contain running QBs, :(

QB Running cheese > then D-Line Spread

I agree. Combined with the fact that people were rushing 30 times a game for like 7 yards a carry before the defensive line spread was banned. Apparently its not THAT big a problem. :lol

CB3

TheDuce22 said:
I agree. Combined with the fact that people were rushing 30 times a game for like 7 yards a carry before the defensive line spread was banned. Apparently its not THAT big a problem. :lol

Not really. FMT killed me rushing game without spreading. I contained him pretty well (besides 1 long run) without it. Its not a big deal. Its not even an issue.

DCX

DCX
TheDuce22 said:
QB SPY!!!! man is that so hard? Somtimes, QB are going to run...even Bledsoe :D

DCX

well please give me input after your week 1 game! if there is a high demand for d-line spreading i will look at it again. if the only feedback i'm getting is "i hate d-line spread!" and nothing else what do you want me to do?

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Gunstar! Contact me somehow. I'm on AIM. Let's set up our game.
Hey Fifty, i had to add CD Jimmy Williams to the Falcons, he isn't on the Leauge Daddy website ( weird he starts for ATL ) i couldn't find a picture...i don't know what to do about that if anything.

DCX

Matrix

AkaBalla said:
Hey Matrix i know ur avail tomorrow night after 9 est.. Wil u be avail at all tomorrow during the day? 10a-1p est?

I might be able to do 10 am eastern tomorrow morning,if I can Ill post here around 9 am.

I'll be out all day and dont get home till 7ish and then I have dinner and some things to do before 9 pm eastern.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I never understood why Gun was using dline spread... I couldnt do anything on offense at all against him in our scrimmages..

CB3

DCX said:
QB SPY!!!! man is that so hard? Somtimes, QB are going to run...even Bledsoe :D

DCX

Seriously. QB Spy, DE Contain, corner blitz, even most Zone D plays will work if someone is guarding the flat. Its not hard folks.

Top Bottom