• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Ok jacksonville and tennessee lets fix our stats. I know its the preseason but lets get in good habits here. Leftwitch with a 120% completion ratio and the titans are of course known for their 211% 3rd down conversion ratio.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
vumpler said:
I disagree :) I had your pass game on lock that last drive, and you could only move the ball rushing on me so long. I don't credit your loss to the phone, I gotcha. We'll play again though. It was a good defensive game at the start which is rare against me. It generally turns into a shootout because thats just how my tempo usually goes. But once the 4th started my O got rolling and here we are. An undefeated preseason just like my Cats :D

And I disagree with that. I passed once on that last drive, a single incompletion isn't having anything on lock. Furthermore, what kept happening was that my guys just kept getting stuck on your defenders. I blew an assignment that allowed Rudi that long TD run and the other 134 yards came from god knows where as I was stuffing you for losses or for 2 yards all game. You better believe I want another piece of your ass.

Edit: If you're talking about that last last drive with 9 seconds left, what do you expect? :lol I completed 1 of 2 passes for 9 yards. And the incompletion was an interception that I threw into a crowd of five Bengals because he was the guy furthest down field with no time on the clock. If you call that on lock then since I have a dollar bill in my pocket I guess I have the world's economy on lock.

****ing great game tho, you are pretty for real.

MaestroRyan said:
PM/AIM, dudes, PM/AIM.

using live to contact me isn't a good idea.

i can't play a game till FMT works stuff out. sorry you guys got screwed out of pre-season games. i really don't want to play mine, anyway, i just want to jump right in.

edit: i want ya'll to know, whatever happens for this 360 season, i am the real minnesota. i am the real t-jack futures. nobody else. nobody.

we are witnesses

You, DarkAngelYuna, and FMT need to get this shit straightened out because I just played the replacement Minnesota for a preseason game. And won big :)

Rorschach

Cloudy said:
According to the manual Y also bats the ball and it works for me. I have NEVER pressed A on defense and I get as many deflections/ints as anyone...
I just tested it out. Yeah, it says that in the manual, but they mean when you have control of the receiver. I think maybe you're confused about that. I'm not trying to be all condescending here, but it may be because you're not that experienced with the cone, but the way you get jump passes is by pushing up on the analogue stick. Y does nothing by itself in my experience (I may be wrong..maybe someone else can try it). It's not completely you; There are already a lot of jump passes with the AI this year (depending on how you throw it), but it shouldn't happen on every down. The only thing you can do when you see Lelie or Walker up in the air is PRAY that he drops it...even when they are sandwiched between two players.

Also, when you are asking if none of us do the Y thing ourselves, I'd have to say none of the vets even knew about it. By the way, it also says X is to dive and have you tried using X? It does nothing...same as Y.

Wellington said:
Why did I pick up the mother****ing phone. I was in complete control on defense and was executing moochball well, eating up clock. Then Wasabiking calls me and I start to **** up on O. Now as a result, the work that Ror started is complete, the slider portion for the keyboard is totally broken. Ugh. That was a game I should not have lost.
:lol I'm so sorry...I hope you're joking. :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah Konex. When we play i did notice Lelie would haul in some hard to defend passes since he would go up to get them everytime. I wouldnt call it cheese, or gamebreaking. Just frustrating sometimes because i knew exactly where Lelie was going, and that you were throwing to him, and in perfect position to defend it he would still get the ball most of the time

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
Yeah Konex. When we play i did notice Lelie would haul in some hard to defend passes since he would go up to get them everytime. I wouldnt call it cheese, or gamebreaking. Just frustrating sometimes because i knew exactly where Lelie was going, and that you were throwing to him, and in perfect position to defend it he would still get the ball most of the time
Roster updates will fix Lelie. :D

Walker is still dangerous, though. :'( And Smith brakes away once in a while.

[edit]
Cloudy said:
Not as overrated as Lamont Jordan :D
To tell you the truth, Jordan isn't that highly rated. He's a good back in real life and I think his rating fits. The reason I tear it up is because I have always been good at the run. I've always been run oriented (since madden '95 boyee and even in the 2ks) even when people were finding it hard to run in '05. I've been ROBBED of the rushing awards every season. >:| I have always had the numbers to back it up, though. :D This year, it's incredibly easy to run, which kinda takes away my advantage of being one of the few solid ground teams (and one of the VERY few that can run it up the gut), but it also makes it easier for me.

My passing game sucks now, though... Last year Moss was boss. :(

vumpler

I can't wait for the season to start :D It's going to be a good one. Damn this is going to be good :D

Fifty

Rorschach said:
I just tested it out. Yeah, it says that in the manual, but they mean when you have control of the receiver. I think maybe you're confused about that. (

I remember Konex saying in NFL 2K that he would press Y (when he wasn't controlling anyone in the secondary) and it'd help him get INTs. I'd be amazed if in this game your odds of getting a swat/INT increased for other players on your team when you press Y/A. If the ball's in the air and you press those buttons, the player you are controlling will do the action.

Cloudy

Banned
I just tested it out. Yeah, it says that in the manual, but they mean when you have control of the receiver. I think maybe you're confused about that.

I don't think so. It's right there with the other QB controls.

I tried with Aka today and I noticed I drop more passes if I don't hit Y as the ball is getting to the reciever. Yeah they catch it sometimes but the results are not the same. I was frikken 9/25 vs Aka. BTW, we still saw the same "jump" animations for some catches.

If you think Y does nothing, fine. But it works for me just like the MANUAL says :lol I haven't tried X cos I don't throw too many passes that require diving. My game is normally short-range and the occasional PA when the defense least expects it..

I'm not trying to be all condescending here, but it may be because you're not that experienced with the cone, but the way you get jump passes is by pushing up on the analogue stick

I don't control passes or WRs. All I do is press Y as the ball gets there.

Roster updates will fix Lelie.

I can't wait! Finally my highest rated WR (Smith) becomes more than the 3rd option in my passing game :D

My passing game sucks now, though... Last year Moss was boss. :(

He better find his mojo when we play in the league cos you're not gonna beat me again with defensive TDs (wait I came back to take the lead in that game ^_~ ) or by not passing AT ALL lol. Protip: You better go up 14 next game or else I will and you WILL pass the ball. My DBs will be waiting :)

If the ball's in the air and you press those buttons, the player you are controlling will do the action.

I only control linemen and I don't control WRs. Explain how my passing game is dominant enough for folks to accuse me of cheesing and why my D has as many picks and swats as anyone's?

PS: All you Madden vets better watch out cos this game plays like 2K and I was one of the better 2k players back iin the day. You've been warned :lol

vumpler

Can someone fill me in on this obsurd conversation :lol I've read these last pages pretty hard and am still confused as to why there is a debate again?

Fifty

KONEX THE MANUAL SAYS Y IS CATCH FOR WHEN YOU ARE CONTROLLING THE WR, NOT WHEN YOU ARE THE QB.

Vumpler: This discussion is confusing as hell and stupid beyond belief. I am a giant loser for participating in it. The league needs to start, we're arguing semantics with Cloudy and this won't end well.

p.s: I'm not accusing you of cheesing, I just don't think Y does anything unless you're controlling the WR or DB/Safety.

Cloudy

Banned
I just don't think Y does anything unless you're controlling the WR or DB/Safety.

Let's play after Ohio St./Texas. I'll prove it to you by deflecting passes with my DBs while I only control linemen. I'll also burn your D up w/o controlling recievers :)

edit: Fifty is right. It's just like 2K5 on D...

I'm bored tonight. If anyone wants to get a scrimmage in with their league team against my Dolphins, send me a message.

AFTER the game, of course.

Fifty

Dude the DBs automatically deflect passes. They have their own AI. You can set the controller down if you're a lineman and they'll even get picks! It's amazing! It's the way of the future!

vumpler

LOL i think cloudy is forgetting no matter how poorly EA's AI is, there is still a thing called AI :lol Believe it or not DB's will swat balls and get picks without you manually doing it :lol But if the tapping Y as the AI catches the ball gives you a feeling of acomplishment well by god giddy up! :lol

Cloudy

Banned
When I don't press Y on D, I get burned. If you guys wanna leave it to chance, thats your problem :)

I'm bored tonight. If anyone wants to get a scrimmage in with their league team against my Dolphins, send me a message.

AFTER the game, of course.

I'll play. GT = twok4eva. I'll be on after the game...

CB3

vumpler said:
LOL i think cloudy is forgetting no matter how poorly EA's AI is, there is still a thing called AI :lol Believe it or not DB's will swat balls and get picks without you manually doing it :lol But if the tapping Y as the AI catches the ball gives you a feeling of acomplishment well by god giddy up! :lol

:lol :lol :lol Thats the same thing i was just thinking.

vumpler

Cloudy said:
When I don't press Y on D, I get burned. If you guys wanna leave it to chance, thats your problem :)

bushlaughdw3.jpg

Cloudy said:

I'll play. GT = twok4eva. I'll be on after the game...

It's a date. Send me an invite later on.

DMczaf

The league might be starting Tuesday!

Hey Guys -

Testing is going well and things are looking good for the roster update on Tuesday AM. If anything changes, I will be update you guys BEFORE then.

Thanks guys.

bluemax

Banned
JuanMR2 said:
GG Bluemax, just wanted to report there was no lag at all for our game.

Thanks, you really shut down my running game. Thankfully I was able to pick it up on passing a little more.

I haven't had any lag problems yet that I can recall. The joys of a college connecting.

Just played a game with Cloudy. Only one jumping catch, haha. Also, Miami's defensive backs REALLY suck. And receivers not named Chris Chambers drop too many passes, but otherwise, they are a solid team.

****ing Champ Bailey should be outlawed.

Zep

Banned
mmlemay said:
Just played a game with Cloudy. Only one jumping catch, haha. Also, Miami's defensive backs REALLY suck. And receivers not named Chris Chambers drop too many passes, but otherwise, they are a solid team.

****ing Champ Bailey should be outlawed.

why? I lit his pussy ass up against kobex.

Rorschach

I dunno what it is with you. It's not that you don't read entire posts, because you quoted most of mine, but you see what you want to see.

Cloudy said:
I don't think so. It's right there with the other QB controls.
Wrong. It's right there with the "Passing and Receiving" controls. kthx

BTW, we still saw the same "jump" animations for some catches.
Did you read when I posted that there are already plenty of jump passes in the game? Did you not read the part where I said they jump passing was NOT due to you pressing Y all the time? We are saying Y does NOTHING. What you DO, intentionally or not (it's instinct for a lot of us) is press up on the stick. THAT causes jump passes especially when the cone is activated.

If you think Y does nothing, fine. But it works for me just like the MANUAL says :lol I haven't tried X cos I don't throw too many passes that require diving.
Go in practice mode and try it...it's not that hard...jimminy christmas.

My game is normally short-range and the occasional PA when the defense least expects it..
Yeah, you really showed me that short range passing game with your 19.8 Yards per throw average. Oh, and your average over the three games? 19.3. Yeah, your short game is incredible.

I don't control passes or WRs. All I do is press Y as the ball gets there.
I never said you controlled the WRs. I said that pressing up when the cone is activated causes Jump Passes.

I never said you controlled the WRs. I said that pressing up when the cone is activated causes Jump Passes.

I can't wait! Finally my highest rated WR (Smith) becomes more than the 3rd option in my passing game :D
Yeah...uhm...you could have thrown to him now?

He better find his mojo when we play in the league cos you're not gonna beat me again with defensive TDs (wait I came back to take the lead in that game ^_~ ) or by not passing AT ALL lol. Protip: You better go up 14 next game or else I will and you WILL pass the ball. My DBs will be waiting :)

Yeah, your L reeeeaaaally sent me a message there, partner.

I only control linemen and I don't control WRs. Explain how my passing game is dominant enough for folks to accuse me of cheesing and why my D has as many picks and swats as anyone's?
Because we're playing all-madden and you have some highly rated players on your team. Your defensive scheme is nothing to gloat about. You're 27th in passing TDs allowed. 26th in passing yards allowed per game. 16th in passing yards allowed per game. 21st in Rushing TDs allowed. 31st in Rushing yards allowed. 26th in passing yards allowed.

PS: All you Madden vets better watch out cos this game plays like 2K and I was one of the better 2k players back iin the day. You've been warned :lol
"Oh, man, I'm so awesome that they're accusing me of cheesing."

Newsflash, buddy. You had a 51.7 passer rating. Your overall rating is friggin' 69.8. Yeah, you're extremely dominating.

Oh, and you're friggin' 1-2!!!!

For Jerome's sake, all I said was "tone it down a little." All I wanted in response was an "ok, chump(p), I'll try and tone it down."

Instead I get a kobe-esque response boosting your own ego. YEAH, KOBE, THEY HATE ON YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE A VET! THAT'S IT!

CB3

"I said you wanna be startin' somethin'
You got to be startin' somethin'
I said you wanna be startin' somethin'
You got to be startin' somethin'"

Jesus People, its only pre-season! Atleast wait till week 3 to unfold the drama!

Zep

Banned
Nobody wants to play madden? Im mad the cops broke up everything going on tonight, so im bored people!

Cloudy

Banned
Wrong. It's right there with the "Passing and Receiving" controls. kthx

That whole section is is offense. My point is nowhere does it say you have to be controlling the WR. Based on the 2K series, it's not totally unreasonable

We are saying Y does NOTHING

I am saying it does SOMETHING

Go in practice mode and try it...it's not that hard...jimminy christmas.

Meh...

Yeah, you really showed me that short range passing game with your 19.8 Yards per throw average. Oh, and your average over the three games? 19.3. Yeah, your short game is incredible.

Don't judge my stats from a game where I had to go outside my normal style to come back :lol And I have 166 YAC in those 3 games but you didn't check that did you?

Yeah...uhm...you could have thrown to him now?

Saying why I don't throw to him a lot now would give away a bit about my passing habits lol

Yeah, your L reeeeaaaally sent me a message there, partner.

My comeback in the first game that got dropped in the 4th should have told you something :p

Because we're playing all-madden and you have some highly rated players on your team. Your defensive scheme is nothing to gloat about. You're 27th in passing TDs allowed. 26th in passing yards allowed per game. 16th in passing yards allowed per game. 21st in Rushing TDs allowed. 31st in Rushing yards allowed. 26th in passing yards allowed.

We'll see when the season starts :)

For Jerome's sake, all I said was "tone it down a little." All I wanted in response was an "ok, chump(p), I'll try and tone it down."

I like how you tell me to tone down my "jump" passing in a game where you ran 37 times and passed on 4 frikken plays. Think about that for a bit...

Instead I get a kobe-esque response boosting your own ego. YEAH, KOBE, THEY HATE ON YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE A VET! THAT'S IT!

Leave Kobe ouuta this. What did he ever do to you? :(

Go ahead and mark down that loss for week 10 cos I got your game figured out :D

I hope I can back up all this talk hehe

CB3

I like how you tell me to tone down my "jump" passing in a game where you ran 37 times and passed on 4 frikken plays. Think about that for a bit...

DM ball is the only way to go.

To Bad DeShawn Foster doesnt know this. I Need Tyrone Moss!

CB3

DMczaf said:
DM Ball gets you into the playoffs!!

...theres no promises after that though

Yep. After it gets you in, it sticks you in situations where you have to pass. Unfortunatly, this isnt something Kyle Wright is good at

Shit aint help you in NCAA...

ooops.

It did in the regular season.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I save the drama for the season,pre-season drama is da ghey.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok konex we can play now,but im not trying!

See thats my out if you beat me.

Zep

Banned
so wait...i ask for someone to play and get no response, yet jet pack passer gets a response...I'll remember that shit.

Matrix

You didnt talk shit ;)

Plus konex has asked me before and I couldnt.

konex I dont care who you use.

Rorschach

Cloudy said:
:lol Yeah, running the ball is cheese :(

Leave Kobe ouuta this. What did he ever do to you? :(
Basketball was my favorite sport (played it in HS) and the Lakers were my favorite team (since forever!) and Kobe went and raped both. Also, they got rid of Eddie and Nick because of him. >:|

I have nothing against you, though.

except the kobe love

TheDuce22

Banned
I need to quit playing ranked matches. Madden players are officially the scum of the earth. No wonder you all stick to the leagues.

CB3

TheDuce22 said:
I need to quit playing ranked matches. Madden players are officially the scum of the earth. No wonder you all stick to the leagues.

Yeah. I havent played 1 random person online. A good 90% of them are douchebags. I stick to league/Friends List

Top Bottom