• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Hey Friends.

Guess who had another punt return for a TD?

t1_steve.smith.jpg

Unfortunatly, the Bills owned is having some connection problems, so we only got past the 1st quarter. Nevertheless, At the very least i want that stat to stick

Fifty

Samari is Rolling away. Two nice picks for little ol' me. and 4 for the rest of the team.

I had no lag against Gunstar. I knew he's on the east coast but it's still good to know since I bet I'll have some matchups with close to unplayable lag.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
ColdBlooded33 said:
So Archaix, you now hold the bills.

Can You roll tomorrow?

I can. I generally get back from work at around 11:30 eastern. Send me an IM when you're good to go.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Fifty said:
Samari is Rolling away. Two nice picks for little ol' me. and 4 for the rest of the team.

I had no lag against Gunstar. I knew he's on the east coast but it's still good to know since I bet I'll have some matchups with close to unplayable lag.

Yeah, there was little to no lag. Matter of fact, the last 3 games I played online have been pretty good. Maybe EA fixed the servers?

Good game Fifty, I was never in this game. I was way too careless with the ball.

LiveWire

New Bills owner? Good. Archaix, I should be free tomorrow night to play a pre-season game. XBL gamertag: DJ Demon J AIM: atreides815

hgplayer, we can fit our game in too if you're free.

pre-season is DONE! no more pre-season games need be played!

if you want to play a meaningless exhibition that is your business. but don't bother with preseason games!

ianswoody

Sorry FMT. I was having some computer/network issues that needed tweaking out, but all of that should be smooth sailing now. I can play any part of the day tomorrow as I do not have work. I might be laptop shopping for the better part of the afternoon, but after that... BOOM! Time to bring the pain!:lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Malleymal said:
I never understood why Gun was using dline spread... I couldnt do anything on offense at all against him in our scrimmages..

He did that too in a game a few days ago. I couldn't do anything. After a few INT's, I stopped trying...which somehow...lead me to get back in the game, but only for a few minutes.

I predict the Game of the Week for week one will be Giants vs. Seahawks. OH YEAHZ

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
He did that too in a game a few days ago. I couldn't do anything. After a few INT's, I stopped trying...which somehow...lead me to get back in the game, but only for a few minutes.

I predict the Game of the Week for week one will be Giants vs. Seahawks. OH YEAHZ

You are going to trounce me. :(

Lonestar

No I'm not. It's randomly decided who'll be more effective and who won't be. I don't have Branch, and the Oline is confused.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
No I'm not. It's randomly decided who'll be more effective and who won't be. I don't have Branch, and the Oline is confused.

That's true. :lol I am sucking it up though and your D is more improved than mine is (Peterson > Arrington in game) so I am doomed.

Quick question for everyone, has anyone had the stats from the game emailed to them by EA? It has never worked for me. :( I have it checked in the game but I never actually get them.

Lonestar

I want to run, but you've always been good against the run. Add the fact that Strahan's going up against..I don't know. Locklear's the starter, and he's still **** as 69. I'd put Ashworth over there, but I think he's only a 79 as a tackle. Not good odds against The Gap.

Gonna have to be successful passing the ball.

And no, I've gotten nothing from EA.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man why the **** did EA take out the substitution menu. I don't care about ****in depth chart, but I do want to move players around in certain formations.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Quick question for everyone, has anyone had the stats from the game emailed to them by EA? It has never worked for me. :( I have it checked in the game but I never actually get them.

It's always been hit-or-miss with that. Maybe by 2010 EA will get it right?

Rorschach

Wellington said:
I got the ps2 stats sent to me, but not the 360 ones.

Truelize?

Fifty

I'm leaving today to go to Indiana (family death, always fun stuff). I should be back by monday. Run smoothly little league.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
akaballa sorry i wasnt round to play this morning.

I have actually gotten home earlier and can play now or anytime until 7 pm,if not ill be able to play anytime past 9 pm tonight too.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
K im coming.

Matrix

GG Aka.

Wali > Bush

AkaBalla

GG Matrix.. Tough battle through 3 quarters with just field goals scored. My defense collapsed in the 4th quarter. Overall though the defense did a pretty good job. Anyhow were u hitting Y to make catches? it seemed to me everytime the WR caught the ball he was jumping up in the air for it. Just wondering..... Good luck the rest of the way..

Matrix

nah I dont press anything to catch the ball,thats konex :lol

Btw did you use the vision cone on that td throw to Bush? Cause it didnt come up,but the game sometimes glitches.

Yea that game was all D,you got screwed with that fumble to start the game,but you played great red zone D to prevent a td.

AkaBalla

If it was a no huddle play with Bush i might have not hit the vision cone.. It happened a few times in no huddle due to the clock but i did press the vision cone. But i was rushing to the line and then hitting the L trigger but it wouldnt come up sometimes. Sorry about that

Matrix

No problem,but thats one of the reasons why the cone is bs online this year.

there is no cone glitch. if you don't see the vision cone up then it's not being used. not a huge deal if it's an accident, just try to remember to push R+Receiver button before the snap and it's a non-issue.

also, about jump catching, sometimes it just happens and it's an animation trigger :(

Matrix

I have had downs where I try to bring up the cone and nothing happens :\

I have had button delay issues too where my QB wont throw the ball when I want him to,im not sure if its lag or my controller.

If its my controller that would explain my cone not coming up sometimes.

WTF do controllers have to cost so much :( I might have to buy a new one.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Matrix said:
I have had downs where I try to bring up the cone and nothing happens :\

I have had button delay issues too where my QB wont throw the ball when I want him to,im not sure if its lag or my controller.

If its my controller that would explain my cone not coming up sometimes.

WTF do controllers have to cost so much :( I might have to buy a new one.

Naw it happens to me when I bring up the cone, sometimes it just locks... it sucks...

also sorry for the loss Fif

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
*Looks at first week* OH NOES!!!!

Truelize: when can you play?

I will play you when I am good and ready. :) I saw your league predictions.

I plan on starting a new torrent everytime you are on offense and then pausing it when I have the ball (and so forth).

I will play Konex ball!!!!!!:D

Lonestar

EA motherufcking sucks. CK hosts and it's about the worse lag I've ever seen. Laughable. I hiked the ball, nothing happens. I hit A again. Nothing happens. I hit a few more times, it's hikePASS. It gets laughable. Me and CK talk about what we need to do? I'm pretty much 1" shy of dropping out. We try another game, with me hosting. It's smooth. But then we get the instant disconnects. So...

...what do you wanna do CK?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I want to pretend Madden 07 never happened is what I want to do.

This game is a complete abortion. Who's in the PS2 league again?

Lonestar

Come all ye faithful. Joyful and Triumphant! Lalalalalalalala

PPPPP

SSSSS

TWOOOOOOOOOOOO

you sure neither one of you is DL anything and that your router firmware is updated? CK was the lag against lone as bad as it was against me in our exhibition game? if you had no lag when lonestar was hosting, but lag when you are, maybe it's just hit and miss? i don't know how to explain that.

AZ Greg

Wellington said:

Agreed. I'm selling my copy as soon as the league is finished.

Lonestar

When I host, it was pretty smooth, but about 5 plays in, it hangs up, and we're disconnected. We try again, he gets the ball back, at some point he pauses, then I get a message that he quit the game. I still assume it was DC, but really, we're kinda in a ****ed up place.

He hosted, we played maybe about a quarter, and it's 35-0 him. We play, and I go up 9-0. I DON'T KNOW.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
When I host, it was pretty smooth, but about 5 plays in, it hangs up, and we're disconnected. We try again, he gets the ball back, at some point he pauses, then I get a message that he quit the game. I still assume it was DC, but really, we're kinda in a ****ed up place.

He hosted, we played maybe about a quarter, and it's 35-0 him. We play, and I go up 9-0. I DON'T KNOW.
Have you guys tried disconnecting both your routers? Worked for Konex and me.

Wellington said:

PS2 league? :O I'm in!

Come on, truelize...please don`t avoid me...:(

ianswoody

Good game, FMT. It was a war of attrition on both sides. Some good punt returns and a long Gore run sealed the deal for him though. My offense needs major tweaking!

Cloudy

Banned
Guys I'm going back to my Cloud2k gamertag since it's linked to my main hotmail and I don't wanna have to login everytime I go to the 2kleagues site. I was gonna change my name to Eurenton too :(

fellas i know there are connection issues and lag issues and so on, and if i could fix them i would. but the game is what it is and we have to deal with it. if you don't want to play in the league i don't want you to feel obligated. i don't want this to turn into a constant bitch fest each week about how shitty the game is or how crappy the servers are or whatever. i like the roster we have right now (lots of vets mixed with some new talent), so i'd love for everyone to stick around and see how things go, but if the league is going to be a huge chore for you then let me know and i will find a replacement.

i would love for the lag to be great. it's not. there is no ps2 league because there are not enough people who want to play in a ps2 league. in a perfect world we would have a 32 man league on ps2, xbox and xbox 360 all living in harmony. sadly we don't have DICK for a ps2 league. i count MAYBE 10 people, and that is being generous. again, if you don't want to play then let me know, there are things i can do to patch up the league. i put a lot of time into the league and the second worst thing in a league besides flakers is people constantly bashing the league or the game or always having a negative vibe surrounding it. this is why NBA 2kx leagues constantly fail. i understand madden 07 360 isn't perfect, but it is all we have on the football front right now so lets make the most of it.

thank you and goodnight!

Cloudy

Banned
worst thing in a league besides flakers is people constantly bashing the league or the game or always having a negative vibe surrounding it. this is why NBA 2kx leagues constantly fai

Seriously. If you don't like the game, don't ruin it for others with your bitching and snide comments (I'm talking from past 2K league experience :lol)

Top Bottom