• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
MaestroRyan said:
i can guarantee that chester taylor will be the league's offensive player of the week. I can guarantee it (and a loss!).

I don't know how, C. Moore had 500 yards receiving and 3 TD's :lol There's no way Chester Taylor got that.

Rorschach

GG. I wrote down all the stats too.

...a little lag? o_O I was just gonna say I maybe didn't even want to make it into the playoffs seeing as I would have to play more east coast people. That was unbearable...I just wanted it to be over so bad. It's hard to be both boring and frustrating, but Madden pulls it off.

Rorschach said:
GG. I wrote down all the stats too.

...a little lag? o_O I was just gonna say I maybe didn't even want to make it into the playoffs seeing as I would have to play more east coast people. That was unbearable...I just wanted it to be over so bad. It's hard to be both boring and frustrating, but Madden pulls it off.

I guess that would explain your last series. I really wasn't experiencing any major lag. Sorry to hear that you were. Keep hoping to see a patch when i log on to madden, but still no sign of it

Rorschach

sableholic said:
I guess that would explain your last series. I really wasn't experiencing any major lag. Sorry to hear that you were. Keep hoping to see a patch when i log on to madden, but still no sign of it
Patch is never coming...had to keep putting fargas in even though Jordan was doing good because I was afraid of the fatigue and there's NO way to know until your back fumbles ('cept portis..he can run all day ;)).

The patch won't fix the horrible netcode, though.

Announcement: Patch Rumors
Posted By: eamikejohnson (EA.com)
Created in: Forum: General Discussion
Posted: Oct 2, 2006 7:40 PM

Guys -

I wanted to dispel the rumors that I've seen on various forums - Nothing has come back saying that the patch is being pushed to November or canceled. I will follow up ASAP with another update or any changes in info, but rumors about a cancellation or November date are false.

Thanks.

Got that from the forums over on ea's site. Maybe eventually it will come... someday

DCX

DCX
MrBob, let me know when we get our week 6 game down...looking forward to playing...coming off my first win of the season i feel like i have some momentum :p FMT, i could sub with the Bills if you would like, if not anyone else could take over...i ****ed myself by winning with them against Juan...then again i didn't want to be known as the one who let Juan win :p 0-16 FTW! :lol

Shcedule for the week ahead:

Tues-Thurs work 3-11pm i leave the house @ 2:20 get home about 11:20pm off Friday but so is my GF, so it's harder to get a game in until like after 11 or so. SAT and Sun i work 3-11pm.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So whoever played as the Ravens for week 5? Did you take down stats? I dont have Fiftys password so I guess you have to speak to FMT or hopefully you saved them for fifty to put it when he gets back,though im not sure if he really cares since he didnt play the game himself.

CB,when you want your easy win against my Texans? Im free starting at 10 pm eastern tonight .

Ck,I can play you using the Ravens tomorrow night after my game against CB or we can do Wed anytime 9pm and on.

DMczaf

Will the Bucs go wire-to-wire #1? No, because they weren’t #1 at the beginning of the season. But SOMEONE better grow some balls and beat this a-hole!

WTF! No Grabowski in the rankings comment?! COME ON!

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Just making sure, but only people who win are eligible for the weekly award right? Otherwise El should have gotten ST award for his 109 yard td return.
Yeah, that's the rule this season. :\

LiveWire

That actually raises an interesting question now that you mention it. Unrelated to LeagueDaddy awards....

What happens if during a kickoff the football strikes the goalpost and falls into the endzone? I didn't think about it at the time it happened during our league game (as I was too dumbfounded that you picked it up and then returned it), but....isn't the goalpost considered out of bounds (since it's outside the white line of the endzone? Or is it in bounds? Wondering if Madden is true to life in this respect or if it's something the programmers never considered?

LiveWire said:
That actually raises an interesting question now that you mention it. Unrelated to LeagueDaddy awards....

What happens if during a kickoff the football strikes the goalpost and falls into the endzone? I didn't think about it at the time it happened during our league game (as I was too dumbfounded that you picked it up and then returned it), but....isn't the goalpost considered out of bounds (since it's outside the white line of the endzone? Or is it in bounds?

Even though I grabbed it and scored, if I were going for a official ruling I'd have to vote out. Seems logical, although I've never seen it happen in the NFL I don't think??

Rorschach

That's weird...in our game, the ball was kicked right at the goal post, it bouced back, but the ref blew the whistle and the announcer gave the "all he could do was watch it sail out of bounds" line.

Rorschach said:
That's weird...in our game, the ball was kicked right at the goal post, it bouced back, but the ref blew the whistle and the announcer gave the "all he could do was watch it sail out of bounds" line.

Yea you had to see this KR, it was the damn-dest things I've ever seen. I got flagged for roughing the kicker on the XP and then LiveWire kicked it deep and somehow it bounced off the top of the goalpost and landed on the ground. I picked it up and ran it out and then one spin move later TD. I couldn't believe it. In real life I believe the goal post is out, but I don't know for sure. Hmm I wonder if I can pass it and hit the goalpost and then make it drop into my waiting WR's hands. The possibilites are endless :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
r20420_50148.jpg

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
sableholic said:
I don't get it

In the AFL there are huge nets behind the field goal so on the kickoff a general strategy is to kick the F out of the ball and have it hit the goal post(s)/ net so the ball falls askew.

vumpler said:
In the AFL there are huge nets behind the field goal so on the kickoff a general strategy is to kick the F out of the ball and have it hit the goal post(s)/ net so the ball falls askew.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. Never watch arena football.

LiveWire

I checked the official NFL rulebook, the goalposts are beyond the white endzone line, which is the out of bounds marker. I laughed out loud when I heard it go "DONG!" as it hit the goalpost.

Then I cried when Randle-El returned it. :(

LiveWire said:
I checked the official NFL rulebook, the goalposts are beyond the white endzone line, which is the out of bounds marker. I laughed out loud when I heard it go "DONG!" as it hit the goalpost.

Then I cried when Randle-El returned it. :(

Hmm... but is the crossbar extended out so that its still inbounds?? just asking. I on the other hand was very happy when El returned it.

And very sad at the run in OT :(

found a interesting link about the old goalpost. http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/features_1999/hof2_050400.asp

"The phrase "a game of inches" is usually associated with horseshoes, not professional football. However, that saying was ever so appropriate for the 1945 NFL championship game. In that game, played on Dec. 16, 1945, the Cleveland Rams battled the Washington Redskins for the league title.

Early in the game, Washington had the ball at its own five-yard line. With a gusting wind and biting-cold temperatures, Hall of Fame QB Sammy Baugh dropped back into his own endzone and attempted a pass. But his throw hit the crossbar, which at the time was situated on the goal line, and, according to the rules at the time, it resulted in a safety. The Rams had claimed a 2-0 lead.

In the second quarter, Frank Filchock replaced Baugh. He connected with halfback Steve Bagarus on a 38-yard passing play to give the Redskins the lead.

Just before halftime, the Rams regained the advantage when rookie and future Hall of Fame QB Bob Waterfield threw a 37-yard touchdown pass to Jim Benton. Then, once again, the goal post came into play. Waterfield's extra-point attempt was partially blocked, and the ball struck the crossbar and teetered on the post until dropping over to give the Rams a 9-7 lead."

Shogun

Hey guys, my buddy moved around the 360 while we were setting up for todays game with Maestro Ryan, and I think it got those circular scratches that were being talked about forever in the old 360 threads. I just wanted to know, did anyone figure out if Resurfacing would fix the disk, or you could send to the manufacturer or some such.

Just so we know, I think Madden has it correct rule wise. The crossbar if you look in the game extends out past the back white line. so its tech still in the endzone and thus still in play. Thats why when you hit the actual goalpost that says your team name its out.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
sableholic said:
OMG the update does exist, in fact my game just updated right now. No idea what it fixes or entails, but its out.

looks like fatigue now shows up.

Matrix

Has anyone really tested it out,a full games worth?

I played for a couple of mins and Lundy's bar went from all green down two bars to yellow after about 5 runs in a row and then he fumbled.....so real!

Matrix said:
Has anyone really tested it out,a full games worth?

I played for a couple of mins and Lundy's bar went from all green down two bars to yellow after about 5 runs in a row and then he fumbled.....so real!

... shouldn't it autosub him out then?

Matrix

sableholic said:
... shouldn't it autosub him out then?

You would think :\

oh noes maybe its not fixed.

Matrix

vumpler said:
I would rather it be manual sub just so long as the fatigue info shows.

Well it does show up,so you will atleast know when your player is tired.

Zep

Banned
Mod @ OS:

Guys,

The patch is worthless online. Skyboxer and I just played a full 5 minute QTR game, All-Pro level. In the 3rd quarter, I was able to rush with McGahee on 15 consecutive carries, finally scoring a 2 yard TD run.

We were able to get our backups in the game...in the 4th quarter...after intentionally running around in circles while he purposely tried NOT tackling me.

The fatigue works...but you guys are right. The players regain their energy too quickly for it to really matter.

Someone play online and give the details!?

I'm curious to see if the update actually put a tourniquet on the horrendous net code and buggy stat tracker in the play calling menu moreso than the fatigue issue. Not to suggest that fatigue is not important though!!

Matrix

Net code still sucks a big fat ass.

LiveWire

hgplayer: I'm free tonight to play if you are. Otherwise, I'm gone until Saturday on business travel. My AIM is Atreides815, GT is DJ Demon J.

Zep

Banned
LiveWire said:
hgplayer: I'm free tonight to play if you are. Otherwise, I'm gone until Saturday on business travel. My AIM is Atreides815, GT is DJ Demon J.

Hey! back off! hes playing me tonight. :)

Top Bottom