• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Fifty

Because we don't have the Gamecast, there's nothing FMT or I can do except reiterate the rules, and I'm in no mood to do that. Check the LD page, and if you're guilty of them you're a dick.

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/rules/?lid=1307

I don't know who's telling the truth here..but I'm certainly not going to get on Lone's case. FMT can do what he wants but I'll say just let it ride for now. Lone's been great for quite some time, and I haven't heard any complaints about Shawn either. Let it ride, and next time something like this happens, make sure to play it out so that the truth is revealed!

If you two are going to keep arguing about this, take it to PM's. Don't let one game ruin your league experience. Once is a bad game, twice is a problem.

That's just my 2 cents.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No manual blitzing with linebackers or defensive backs. Now, you can call on anyone to blitz from any position on your defense, it's just it can't be YOU controlling him. The reason is that the blocking AI can never pick up a human opponent properly. This is cheap as well, don't do it. There will be no compromising on my part with this rule. The one exception is that if you are playing linebacker/CB, and you are covering the field and the QB BREAKS THE POCKET, you can go after him. As soon as you see the QB scrambling to the right or left, you can go after him. If you have a CPU Controlled player CLOSE to the qb or already past the offensive line and you want to take control of him, feel free to do so!

BREAKS THE POCKET

you went for it on 4th and 7 with 4 minutes left in the...SECOND QUARTER.

You conveinently leave out the fact that I was on your 37. Too far for field goal and too close to punt. And down 7 points...Try again!!

Once you break pocket, and are a run possibility with the QB, anything goes!

I guess that was the plan to blitz me up the middle to force me to scramble so you could blitz your CB. Worked like a charm!!

You are calling me a cheeser because of blitzing!!!

Yes when you blitz full time in a laggy as hell game, That is cheesing sir!!

Stick with the last drive as proof of my "cheesing" please, and we'll forget the mario running kick off return for a TD

Here we go again with the Karl Rove spin!! Look I understand, when we play again I will fight fire with fire. Obviously the NCAA game really stuck with you, as you even mentioned you were all emotional. I get you, and I get your style now. Like I said, we will see who wins at the game you started!!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Obviously the NCAA game really stuck with you, as you even mentioned you were all emotional.

Yeah... There is another reason for that Homie. Might not wanna touch that subject...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Dude, I don't care! I DON'T CARE!

I don't care if we ever play again!

If you haven't read my previous posts, I could end up not playing anymore this season! And I wouldn't CARE!

Since when is blitzing cheese? There are plenty of ways to beat a blitz. Since when is chasing a QB who is out of the pocket cheese? I'm confused.

Also, Shawn, I'm sure his being emotional had much more to do with Alabama's loss today and his feelings about the current game than an NCAA game from months ago.

Also, I've played a lot of games with Lonestar and the only thing that has remotely bothered me is covering the RB who he loves to hot route and throw in motion, but it's a not that big of a deal in Madden (it was MUCH harder to defend in NCAA). I've played one game with Shawn that didn't go well, but I hear things got much better after he got into the flow of the leagues here.

I'm sure that there wasn't much cheesy play from either side but each side has gotten emotional and grabbed onto small things to call cheese. However, I do know that cross-country lag can really kill a lot of the enjoyment in these games and cause emotions to rise.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
As the former Champ of league drama its saddens me to see Shawn steal my thunder.I dont think I was even half as good at what hes bringing to the table.

Ive decided to end my drama career and work for the other side....

JUST SAY NO TO DRAMA KIDS!

CB3

Damn... Cp only had 52 passing yards with the cardinals... Against the Raiders D

Pretty Crazy

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:
Damn... Cp only had 52 passing yards with the cardinals... Against the Raiders D

Pretty Crazy

Want to make a bet you hold me below that?

I'll try my hardest too.

DCX

DCX
Did i mention, that as using the Bills in replacement, i just beat juan, and actually put the Bills ahead of myself in my own division :p .

DCX

CB3

DCX said:
Did i mention, that as using the Bills in replacement, i just beat juan, and actually put the Bills ahead of myself in my own division :p .

DCX

:lol :lol :lol

Rorschach

DCX said:

DCX
Nice...in OT no less..wow.

Anyone notice that there are a lot of missing games? :(

There are also a bunch of games with missing stats. :\

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
That gamecast thing is freaking amazing. Does it run in real time too?
Who knows, i guess i should test that out but this is the best i guess they could do by not having a spectator mode in Madden.

DCX

hgplayer1

pretty sure the gamecast doesnt work in real time. I checked for one right after my game the other night and it wasnt there yet.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
That gamecast thing is freaking amazing. Does it run in real time too?
It doesn't work live and it doesn't work unless you finish the game.

It would be awesome if it did in case of disconnects, you wouldn't have to take down the stats, you could just take them off the gamecast. :\

bosevan

Fifty, Hey whats up I have been waiting around all day and haven't seen you online on AIM or live. I'd like to play tonight so let me know sometime on AIM or LIve.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I'm not having any luck getting my game in with AzGreg. We did try once on Friday but got dumped at halftime. So please just keep the game open and we'll get to it.

Bob and I are playing our game on Tuesday night. All set up.

It's my birthday today so I'm not gonna play Madden and get all mad at it. I don't need to be beat down today. :)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Lol well happy having the birthday the day after mine :) I'm 21 now bia, how old are you? lol

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Lonestar said:
you went for it on 4th and 7 with 4 minutes left in the...SECOND QUARTER.

You must not have play Gunstar if you think I blitzed every down. And when I blitzed, it's usually only 1 LB.

Once you break pocket, and are a run possibility with the QB, anything goes!

You are calling me a cheeser because of blitzing!!!

Stick with the last drive as proof of my "cheesing" please, and we'll forget the mario running kick off return for a TD

Actually this year blitzing is very risky. :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
vumpler said:
Lol well happy having the birthday the day after mine :) I'm 21 now bia, how old are you? lol

32!! That's why I'm so cranky. Actually it has been a very stressful summer so the limit of drama I can take is very low. :)

Happy belated Vump. Now get in our NBA2k7 league with your new present.

Fifty

bosevan said:
Fifty, Hey whats up I have been waiting around all day and haven't seen you online on AIM or live. I'd like to play tonight so let me know sometime on AIM or LIve.

Well we never set anything up. I did get your message that you sent on AIM when I was away saying that sunday morning would work..but it didn't work for me, and I was watching the games all day...and then I had a ton of calls to make in the evening and I just crashed early.

ianswoody

Ack. 3 days without computer access can be scary. Anyway, I'm back in town. Sorry, I forgot to let ya know that I would be, but I'm back now. I work 2-9 PM Central today, so I'm available till about 45 minutes before and after.

hgplayer1

Bigzep when can you play our week 5 game?

Im not going to work today but I wont be home all day either but if you give me a time I might be able to meet you for a game.

I think the pressure is now on the rest of the opponents on my schedule. who will be the first to lose to my winless team?

vumpler

Cmon guys you're slacking. The week advances today and there's still like 5 games left!?!? IF you need a sub let me know. I feel like crushing someones hopes when my W-L% isn't on the line :lol

Anyway CP lets get our game today aight?

vumpler

Oh and CP I just want to let you know, kiss that 2nd place for passing yards against goodbye :D

chadjohnsonjersey.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ianswoody said:
Ack. 3 days without computer access can be scary. Anyway, I'm back in town. Sorry, I forgot to let ya know that I would be, but I'm back now. I work 2-9 PM Central today, so I'm available till about 45 minutes before and after.

You're alive!

So you can play at around 10 PM my time tonight? Fine with me as long as it doesn't run too late.

Matrix

I got this message from Fifty....

"I'm going to be out of town from today until friday. If there's any way you can play my madden league games I'd really appreciate it. I'm giving you control of the team because I don't have time to get an answer, but if it's a problem talk to FMT and he can find someone else.

Bonsevan,I just found out about this now and am not free to play Fifty's week 5 game until 12 midnight eastern time tonight.

I think the week is advancing tonight so ummmm that would be a problem so if someone else can play bonsevan earlier Fmt should know so he can give you control of the team.

I will take back control of the team for week 6 against CK.

Ck if this is a problem,Fmt im sure can also assign someone else for the game.

Fifty must have trust in me to not let his team lose on purpose :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yech. Well, at least I have seen you use the Ravens. I had already begun looking at some of Fifty's gamecasts.

Either way, I am fine with playing Matrix, he always gives me a tough time. If you need someone to cover the game against Bosevan, I am up for the challenge. :D

vumpler

I'll play bonsevan :D I'll rip him a new ahole. Oh this will be sweet. :D FMT hook it up kind sir.

So....any nice people want to help a brother out with some passing tips? I don't really have any problems running the ball, but I can't pass to save my life. I know Daunte is a head case in real life, but he's rated highly and I just can't seem to do anything in the game.

Does anyone have any tips for beating man-to-man coverage? Zone? Press? How to throw the ball? I'm getting frustrated having to run the ball 35 times a game to be competitive...

LiveWire

Unlike reality, the Redskins lose in a stunning OT finish! :O

Browns win the toss in OT; 2nd play from scrimmage, Reuben Droughns 75 yds, TD. :D

And the Browns are no longer winless!

gg sable, you are managing the Redskins well. :) I expect a playoff appearance!

P.S. FMT/Fifty I expect at LEAST a 10 notch jump in the power rankings! :D

and I expect a 10 notch fall. gg to you too. Some crazy Td's in that game, like the El Kickoff return for a td. It bounced off the goal post and some reason stayed in bounds so i was like eh sure picked it up and one spin move later, 109 yard td run. I gotta stop this losing skid and I know exactly how too.

vumpler

OMG mcnair is awful. Well I guess not awful but is inaccurate 50% of the time. I think I broke my own record for passing yards in a game in this one :lol :lol Bonsevan got a lucky mcnair overthrow in the endzone to heap and since the whole detroit team apparently has spider sense and just so happens to know that mnair threw a pick, their whole team pancakes literally everyone but mcnair. I've never seen such crap.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
vumpler said:
OMG mcnair is awful. Well I guess not awful but is inaccurate 50% of the time. I think I broke my own record for passing yards in a game in this one :lol :lol Bonsevan got a lucky mcnair overthrow in the endzone to heap and since the whole detroit team apparently has spider sense and just so happens to know that mnair threw a pick, their whole team pancakes literally everyone but mcnair. I've never seen such crap.

Wow, way to not wait until we even got permission and then losing.

bosevan

GG. Vump. Hey wellington I can play you to if you want. Whatever it was a good game and Mcnair just threw some crappy throws. Just shut down Jamal and the Ravens are garbage. ANyway GG Vump and If you want a redo or whatever I will be gald to own you or wellington again. Peace.

vumpler

lol evan if we played again it wouldn't even be close. You call the same like 10 plays over and over I would have you stomped (oh and will when we play our game wohahah.)

Wellington in all honesty if things went the way they went this game, and your style of play I think the end result would have been evan 40 you 12.

And don't give me this crap that I lost, I threw for over 500 yards with mcnair and put up all i need to win (just mcnair threw some trash up as well and that shifted the game.)

I would be worried if you played him that you would throw the game from the get go the guys in your divison. I don't think anyone should be able to sub someone in their own division. To much deep down at stake.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bosevan said:
GG. Vump. Hey wellington I can play you to if you want. Whatever it was a good game and Mcnair just threw some crappy throws. Just shut down Jamal and the Ravens are garbage. ANyway GG Vump and If you want a redo or whatever I will be gald to own you or wellington again. Peace.

Nah it's cool it's just that I mentioned it first then Vump seemingly undercut me by going straight to you before either commish chimed in. Redoing league games should be a no-no as far as I am concerned.

Vumpler said:
Wellington in all honesty if things went the way they went this game, and your style of play I think the end result would have been evan 40 you 12.

:lol

:lol :lol

I'm glad you know my style after one game. You know what there are a lot of things I can say here, but I'll let you figure them out over time. I'm a little more versatile than most players here. You didn't see any of how I play, considering I only saw you once.

And as for subbing in their own division, you realize Fifty's first choice was Matrix right? Another guy in the same division?

vumpler

Well if by an extermely rare case we both make it to the superbowl, i'll see you then.

Top Bottom