• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

I wanted to post that I am really pumped up to play this league. After playing an asshat that threw deep all game and blitzed from the quarter formation all game, I am happy to be playing people that play simulation football.

Sucks to be starting this on the 10 year anniversary of the death of the greatest rapper of all time. I'll represent for you Pac, custom soundtracks during the league game FTW!!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol

Well if we can't start the season I am requesting two more pre-season games for me alone. One against Bob and one against Rors!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
A weeks wait makes me not care to play. A ****ing week, I'll move on to something else, SHORT ATTENTION SPAN, HELLO!@

Roster update according to EA forums is coming within 6-12 days
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?sls=2&tstart=0&threadID=112950&start=15
Posted:Sep 6, 2006 6:47 PM in response to: drkfire077 (EA.... Reply Alert

> ya i am not going to say thx because i want a time
> table on this not just an update

Believe me, the second we have a % 100 date, I will report back. You guys need to understand that these updates are not always fully controled by EA. We have console partners, etc. as well. Once we get full confirmation that a date can't slip I will report. I would ballpark within 6-12 days. I'll solidy as soon as possible.

MJ

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Eh I can go for the season momentum. So I'll not start games then. As far as you lone, yeah you really need to get your head in the game :)

Fifty

Whenever I go online to play a game and I'm in the game lobby with my opponent it prompts me to download the online rosters. The same ones I've downloaded many times before. Does this happen to everyone? Should I be manually loading the rosters before I go on?

If you load it up (the online roster) before you go online it will not prompt. Shouldn't have to do this though so hopefully they fix that.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Freakin Ror predicts one win this whole season and of course it's against me. :(

I will take out my revenge on you by.... fumbling the ball 3 times and throwing 2 INTs. :D

Fifty

Do you guys know how to avoid the roughing the kicker penalty? It happens way too much, even if the guy you're controlling isn't over aggressive. At this point I'm just going to call passive punt return plays when the other team is kicking FGs so I don't get screwed.

fifty i call FG block "safe" cause i've never seen a kick blocked and its not worth the risk. that or i audible to a regular defense if i've accidentally called an all out blitz

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
yea I blocked a couple... but i get penalties here in there

PS

Can anyone explaim whats going on in that 60 page thing about the PS3 in the gaming forum... delay in just europe??

bluemax

Banned
sableholic said:
I have never even seen 1 penalty on roughing the kicker. I have blocked some xp's online. Wierd.

I think I got 2-3 in my first preseason game (roughing the kicking penalties).

League daddy question, I have multiples of some players that I can add stats for (McCree shows up 3 times) but some players don't show up at all (Raymond Walls). What do I do?

Actually I've got a bunch of players who don't show up on league daddy, including a guy who caught a TD pass in my game tonight...

Rorschach

FMT: Question about the poll. Can't we manually add the players we are missing ourselves?

I fear that the rosters is a long ways away and that the "patch" they keep talking about is never coming.

Fifty

You want to know what's a ****ing joke? The new blocker control feature, while great, totally gives away when you're running to the other player. Before the snap, the yellow blocking cursor shows up if the other person is doing it, and since this feature can only be used on running plays, it's obvious when you're running. What a joke EA

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
You want to know what's a ****ing joke? The new blocker control feature, while great, totally gives away when you're running to the other player. Before the snap, the yellow blocking cursor shows up if the other person is doing it, and since this feature can only be used on running plays, it's obvious when you're running. What a joke EA

Its not a problem if your using a FB. Just press the RB twice quickly and snap the ball before they really notice. Works well for me

Fifty

Hmm, yeah I guess that's true, and aside from the run commit/pass commit there's not much they can do. It's just stupid that they can't hide that cursor. I feel invaded when they know exactly when I'm running (assuming I do the blocking)

... you know that you can use that on passing plays to fake them out right? says so right in the manual. Just click right bumper ( i believe thats the button) and it will come up like its a lead blocker but as soon as you hike it it just goes to the qb. works sometimes.

Juice

I don't know guys, I think this league is going to be way too time intensive for me. Just had my first classes today and I really don't think I'm going to have any gaming time at all (much less time to punch in stats). I know it's lame of me to start-stop, but is there anyone who'd be able to take the lions off my hands?

You can bluff that you are using it on passing plays. I do it all the time, and it is great watching someone stack the line so all my receivers are wide open. :D

Fifty

Shawnwhann said:
You can bluff that you are using it on passing plays. I do it all the time, and it is great watching someone stack the line so all my receivers are wide open. :D

:lol Yeah, I just realized that. I still think it should be invisible, but it's no serious problem.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah I click it twice really fast and then snap the ball. But there have been times when I have switched to it and not worried at all because I was confident I would get the block and the yardage I wanted. But using it on pass plays or bootlegs (with Vick) works really well sometimes to fake the other team out.

DMczaf

Only 9 games left in preseason to be played, pretty damn good for a full league.

Now if only karishbhr and MaestroRyan would join in for the fun :)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I haven't seen my opponant the last couple of days. But I know he was very available on the weekend and I wasn't so it balances out. Hopefully we can get our game done tomorrow night or Friday.

hgplayer1

played games tonight against Lonestar and FMT. both were laggy but what I would consider tolerable as long as it plays all the way through and doesnt disconnect.

thats probably the speed I need to play the game at anyway so I can read defenses and such. :lol

JuanMR2

Truelize said:
I haven't seen my opponant the last couple of days. But I know he was very available on the weekend and I wasn't so it balances out. Hopefully we can get our game done tomorrow night or Friday.

edit nm: I'll look for you online tomorrow after 6pm.

Also CP's friends list is full so I can't send him a request. I thought it said mine was so I deleted a bunch of names lol. I won't be around this weekend, so I won't probably be able to play that 2nd preseason game unless I can get a hold of him tonight. The deadline for preseason games is this weekend right?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
JuanMR2 said:
edit nm: I'll look for you online tomorrow after 6pm.

I'm working till 9 tomorrow night (mountain time), hope you can play afterwards.

I'm not working till 1 though, so if you can play around 11 in the morning I can do that.

Lonestar

hgplayer1 said:
played games tonight against Lonestar and FMT. both were laggy but what I would consider tolerable as long as it plays all the way through and doesnt disconnect.

thats probably the speed I need to play the game at anyway so I can read defenses and such. :lol

Maybe tolerable for you, but I'd only put up with that kind of lag for the Upper Echelon of Players. Sorry new guyz.

Lonestar

don't think our's was that bad. I'm saying "Ok, I'll withstand that horrible EA netcode for Ror, True, FMT, etc."

We could have tested the game, CK, but NOOOOOOOooooooooooooo, you didn't read my message till the next day. GOOD JOB!

Cloudy

Banned
For all of you who thought I was complaining about dropbacks cos I can't stop them please refer to preseason week 2...

HG gave me an ass whupping of epic proportions last night 23-7. but it wasn't even THAT close. the game was rife with interceptions, fumbles, missed tackles, and blown assignments. i put dilfer in for the 2nd half and he was tearing shit up! went 8/8 for 93 yards on his first drive. ended the game something like 17/20 for 150+ 1 TD, 1 Int.

i wish i could turn my back on alex and start dilfer. he has a better deep ball, huge vision cone and more zip on the ball. but i can't lose faith in alex. i can't!

Fifty

AABT029.jpg

Give up on Alexa. She's done nothing in her career besides look pretty and throw interceptions. Dilfer is a champion. A proven winner!

hgplayer1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
HG gave me an ass whupping of epic proportions last night 23-7. but it wasn't even THAT close. the game was rife with interceptions, fumbles, missed tackles, and blown assignments. i put dilfer in for the 2nd half and he was tearing shit up! went 8/8 for 93 yards on his first drive. ended the game something like 17/20 for 150+ 1 TD, 1 Int.

i wish i could turn my back on alex and start dilfer. he has a better deep ball, huge vision cone and more zip on the ball. but i can't lose faith in alex. i can't!

by the time that game over my thoughts on it were "man I got lucky".

I dont know how many times I fumbled and recovered. my D was hawking the ball pretty good early on. I only managed two FGs after getting turnovers in your end of the field. penalties. everything went my way for the most part. the lag may have been helping me and hurting you.

I think I did have that one INT that was all me. or was that against Lone?

Lonestar

I had one against you. Remember watching it (over the span of 18 seconds...SLOW-MO FTW). Good pass, 8 yards of seperation from the CB...and yet Herdon catches up, and makes the jumping pick.

hgplayer1

Lonestar said:
I had one against you. Remember watching it (over the span of 18 seconds...SLOW-MO FTW). Good pass, 8 yards of seperation from the CB...and yet Herdon catches up, and makes the jumping pick.

ok then it was against FMT and very similar to the one you had. my safety was beat by a few yards, he throws, I catch up to the WR put my hands up and catch the underthrown pass.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Is Bob even trying? :lol

Top Bottom