• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Matrix said:
Is Lonestar playing games or has someone taken over his team for awhile?

Here let me quote myself.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lone,can you play now?

Matrix

I'm so done with this game,I hate it.

*hangs up Texans jersey*

you're quitting too!? there's only 4 games left! looks like all the vets are quitting, and its the new guys stepping up and playing.... what is happening here!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmmm....

38-7 :(

I think after the last few weeks of Hyper Life, my focus on things is reaching maximum levels. I could check down like 3-4 wr's extremely quick...

Hasselback 13 of 14 for 234 yards and 3 TD's...

Alexander 22 carries for 173 yards and 2 TD's...plus 2 LMAO fumbles in a row, one leading to 7 points....

I'm sorry Matrix, I'm really sorry. Was there any lag on your end, there wasn't too much on mine. Props to using Ryans alot. My favorite Texan player by far.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you're quitting too!? there's only 4 games left! looks like all the vets are quitting, and its the new guys stepping up and playing.... what is happening here!

tzone4.jpg

*sigh*

I'll finish but im not wasting my time typing in my players stats,ill do the game stats and thats it.

I want no part of a 2nd league,sorry dude,this game is decent offline but I hate it online.

I just dont have fun.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Maestro, if you are around I would gladly play you.

Also, I owe your friend two games. Hopefully he is a decent player. (By decent I mean fair)

Lonestar

haha, every bad thing went against me that time. A strange fumble on a 30 yard run, you bang a go ahead field goal off the goalpost...but that dreaded "roughing the kicker" BS happens...

Oh, and a phantom roughing the passer call that prolonged a TD drive.

EEK! And the fumble at the end by Hasselback, not good.

PS: You had the game won, I had no TO's, kneel on the damn ball, don't try to score on the goal line.

DCX

DCX
MaestroRyan said:
has anyone actually played ematz? it looked like DCX played him, but I can't be sure. If so, looks like a close game.

(ematz loves the pass)
Actually, i didn't play him, i played Malley in a fill in, i just didn't put in the score...

DCX

Zep I waited up for ya after the game, but you never came on. Just wanted to say gg it really was a back and forth battle. I was thinking just don't give him the ball back, cause I just knew you would tear apart my secondary.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
MaestroRyan said:
has anyone actually played ematz? it looked like DCX played him, but I can't be sure. If so, looks like a close game.

(ematz loves the pass)

I played him last night, was a pretty close game all the way through and he ended up winning 23-21. Sucks for him that we agreed it wouldn't be a league game before we started. ;)

I told him yesterday about the double safety bluff ([DSB]which he did on every play), manually blitzing LBs (he got me once with Bart Scott), and running up the score (would have ended at 16-14 if he ran the clock, but he got a score, I came back with another quick one, and tried the onside kick to no avail).

Do you guys at least understand why the DSB is disallowed? The safeties move up into the box to crowd the line against the run, in real life that would leave huge open spots for the passing game provided the QB can get the ball away. In Madden, however, the AI will know off the bat if it's a pass or run (even with PA) and will always get back to perfect position, making things unbalanced. Doing it a few times a game or in red-zone situations, I don't care, but all game and all over the field is asking for too much.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Anyone heard from Juan2mr or however his screename goes? I haven't seen him on in 6 days. I've been looking for him to play our game. He was easy to contact previously when we played...

Rorschach

vumpler said:
Anyone heard from Juan2mr or however his screename goes? I haven't seen him on in 6 days. I've been looking for him to play our game. He was easy to contact previously when we played...
I've seen him on aim and xbl...dunno maybe you have the wrong sn...it's juanmr2 not juanm2r.

Lonestar

sableholic said:
Just curious FMT, but do you know when you'll have power rankings and awards up? I like reading em.

All I know is Matt Glasselback better be offensive player of the week, to celebrate my reintroduction to the league...and his 158 QB rating, 13 of 14, 234 yards, 3 TD's kind of day.

Hey guys, I'm back from vacation. I know I have games to play with Bish and Gunstar, if I have an open game vs. anyone else holler on this board (or AIM=ProfessaSkillset). I am dedicating tonight to catching up in both Madden and NBA leagues. BTW... I'll be ready and able to play this evening (PST). Thanks!!

bluemax

Banned
If anyone who was games pending against SD or Philly wants to play this week hit me up. I'm home after 7pm pst every night. Friday night would be best as I should be studying for a midterm the rest of the week, but Friday is when the midterm is.

Lonestar said:
All I know is Matt Glasselback better be offensive player of the week, to celebrate my reintroduction to the league...and his 158 QB rating, 13 of 14, 234 yards, 3 TD's kind of day.

Why must your remind me :(

vumpler

Rorschach said:
I've seen him on aim and xbl...dunno maybe you have the wrong sn...it's juanmr2 not juanm2r.

No i'm most definitely sure i have it right on my aim and xbl, he just hasn't been on. I was at school when i posted that.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
they will go up today. sorry fellas, that weekend trip to visit my parents/pals threw me off schedule madden-wise.

np we've all got other things besides the league going on, I just was wondering.

vumpler

sableholic said:
np we've all got other things besides the league going on, I just was wondering.

Maybe for the next season we could lower it to 8 games so that it fully keeps everyones interest? I still enjoy it no matter what but maybe its just to long for some people... If it were 8 weeks I think that would satisfy. Maybe only have 2 games outside your division.

Rorschach

FMT: will someone fill in for AZGreg or do you just want to give us the wins? :\

Also, Truelize seems very reluctant to play. I don't know if he will actually play me. I told him a few days ago that I wouldn't pester him about it and he said he would get back to me when he was ready to play. And the only way I got him to reply was because he thought I was talking about the NBA2k7 league. :lol

Maybe for the next season we could lower it to 8 games so that it fully keeps everyones interest? I still enjoy it no matter what but maybe its just to long for some people... If it were 8 weeks I think that would satisfy. Maybe only have 2 games outside your division.
Meh...dunno about that. It just seems that this season, everyone forgot that they had made a commitment inspite of the long ass post explaining that it was just that. What's most suprising is that it's the vets. And yeah, the game isn't what it was on the previous consoles, but it's not horrid. I was one of the most vocal about the downfalls of the game, but I'm still here...and so is Wellie. Hell, it seems like Matrix wants to shove his copy of Madden up Digital Carr's ass every time he plays online, but he's willing to put in the effort to at least finish his games. Malley took his 360 on the road (God bless that man!). And then there's Lone who's dealing with a shitload in rl and is still willing to take 45 mins out of his day to play. I did the same when I was going through tough times with my mom's deterriorating health (for two leagues at once ;b). Even though I got my games in late, I got them in. I don't know if I have it in me to just bail on people like some of the flakes and I don't understand how people could do that. I guess some people just have no sense of commitment. :\ And afterall, it's a videogame...all we're asking you to do is play a videogame...and I don't know, maybe I just love football too damn much, but I still find the game exciting (and I have a horribly downgraded team) and the stat whore in me loves the leaguedaddy aspect. I understand that people have a lot of shit going on (like mrbob's hectic tv schedule!), but some people are just flakes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I agree with Rorschach 100%. I made it very clear that the game was flawed and it what ways since day 1, and I was getting trashed. Here we are 2 months later and those that defended the game are quitting the league. I'm still in it for the long haul, and I am definitely in for another season. Only problem with a game with such obvious flaws is that it brings out cheaters, of which we have seen a few in our league as it is.

Giants domination will continue into the future.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Hell, it seems like Matrix wants to shove his copy of Madden up Digital Carr's ass every time he plays online, but he's willing to put in the effort to at least finish his games.

I'm so disgusted with Carr,I played with Sage against Lonestar.

I took a page out of Kubiaks book and yea it didnt help one bit.

hgplayer1

bluemax said:
If anyone who was games pending against SD or Philly wants to play this week hit me up. I'm home after 7pm pst every night. Friday night would be best as I should be studying for a midterm the rest of the week, but Friday is when the midterm is.

I can play you on Friday or any night the rest of this week.

vumpler

Can we continue to open the 3 weeks like we were doing? That was awesome and that we only enter the score when the official week starts? Because I'm getting anxiety issues wanting to finish out my season on top (of FMT..) lol.

Lonestar

hey, you wanna know what else I'm dealing with! My younger sister will be giving birth ANY DAY NOW. And there's really only her, her boyfriend, and myself to deal with the impending birth! With Dad still in the hospital in Atlanta (though doing better, slowly anyway) and Mom and I splitting time staying with him, and I don't know how involved his mom is in this. FUN!

Really, the only thing I'm worried about is if I'm the only one around when it comes time to take her to the hospital. TOO MANY MOVIE CLICHE'S run through my mind!

PS: Sable: those stats were against Matrix, not you ;)

Matrix

Lonestar said:

Sssssssh!

:(

Lonestar said:
hey, you wanna know what else I'm dealing with! My younger sister will be giving birth ANY DAY NOW. And there's really only her, her boyfriend, and myself to deal with the impending birth! With Dad still in the hospital in Atlanta (though doing better, slowly anyway) and Mom and I splitting time staying with him, and I don't know how involved his mom is in this. FUN!

Really, the only thing I'm worried about is if I'm the only one around when it comes time to take her to the hospital. TOO MANY MOVIE CLICHE'S run through my mind!

Man you got your hands full. Glad to hear that your dad is doing better.

Also didnt realize that thanks, makes me feel a little better. I just saw my reintroduction to the league so I figured since I was your first game back it was me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:

:lol

Dude, once she starts feeling labor pain or her water breaks.... you have HOURS to go. When it happens, just don't panic. ;)

Lonestar

Wellington said:
:lol

Dude, once she starts feeling labor pain or her water breaks.... you have HOURS to go. When it happens, just don't panic. ;)

*In local news, a Man drove his vehicle into the hospital and right into the elevator, then hit the button for the 5th floor, all to drop off a preggers lady.*

vumpler

FrenchMovieTheme said:
they will go up today. sorry fellas, that weekend trip to visit my parents/pals threw me off schedule madden-wise.

19 hours later...

DCX

DCX
vumpler said:
19 hours later...
lol...dude here's a summery, you are in the top[ 5, you probably won some type of award....yup, sounds about right. Even our great comish has a life too.

DCX

vumpler

DCX said:
lol...dude here's a summery, you are in the top[ 5, you probably won some type of award....yup, sounds about right. Even our great comish has a life too.

DCX

Nah I wouldn't have... I still like reading his comments about others. He said he'd finish it yesterday he normally follows though with what he says he's going to do. So being as its a rarity he didn't follow through with what he was going to do I simply expressed my misunderstanding. DCX FTL.

vumpler said:
Nah I wouldn't have... I still like reading his comments about others. He said he'd finish it yesterday he normally follows though with what he says he's going to do. So being as its a rarity he didn't follow through with what he was going to do I simply expressed my misunderstanding. DCX FTL.

Just a quick question about your stats for this week, I think you might have entered in your total rushing yards incorrectly. 218 total rushing but rudi only has 44.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
Just a quick question about your stats for this week, I think you might have entered in your total rushing yards incorrectly. 218 total rushing but rudi only has 44.

Chad has the rest.

vumpler

sableholic said:

Fixed. Entered total yards and passing yards :/

vumpler

Wellington said:
Chad has the rest.

I would love to have 85 pop a reverse like Steve did last week... Thing is, out of the 3 playbooks I use none of them have a WR around D:

vumpler

Wow just played the best game of madden 06 football I've played. I was getting dominated by Juan the whole game, but a pick and a stop changed the game in my favor in the 4th. Very good game, I can't believe his record. Insane game Juan.

JuanMR2

vumpler said:
Wow just played the best game of madden 06 football I've played. I was getting dominated by Juan the whole game, but a pick and a stop changed the game in my favor in the 4th. Very good game, I can't believe his record. Insane game Juan.

Yeah good game, I probably could have milked the clocked late in the 2nd so you wouldn't have time to score that TD before the half and then again late in the 4th to either get the FG and send it to OT or get the TD for the win. I also had that 4 and 1 on the 33 and I went for the FG, I probably should have gone for it but I not to clear on all the rules so I didn't want to be called out for being cheap for milking the clock or going for it on 4th. I've seen too many complaints in this thread about that.
Either way it was a fun game, I got that lucky INT with less than 2 minutes left to get the game tying FG. I'd probably have 2-3 more wins but I'd just rather play it safe.

vumpler

JuanMR2 said:
Yeah good game, I probably could have milked the clocked late in the 2nd so you wouldn't have time to score that TD before the half and then again late in the 4th to either get the FG and send it to OT or get the TD for the win. I also had that 4 and 1 on the 33 and I went for the FG, I probably should have gone for it but I not to clear on all the rules so I didn't want to be called out for being cheap for milking the clock or going for it on 4th. I've seen too many complaints in this thread about that.
Either way it was a fun game, I got that lucky INT with less than 2 minutes left to get the game tying FG. I'd probably have 2-3 more wins but I'd just rather play it safe.

No you would have most definitely been in the right to take that 4th and 1. You were unstoppable to that point with your running game. It was a bad call taking the 50 yarder with bironas... If you wouldn't have made those 2 calls you mentioned you would have won the game for sure.

Top Bottom