• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

jesus christ people. i've stated time and again we are finishing the 360 league. there are no guarantees for season 2.

it is one thing to play with lag (and to be honest i can deal with it), it's another thing to have to constantly read about people bitching and complaining about something i can't control. i would rather they bitch and complain about the game screwing them out of a win they deserved than network issues. THAT is why the ps2 possibility came up. there is going to be no deserting season 1. it's going down in the books as season 8 and whether we have 29 players or 9 players at the end, we're finishing the season.

JuanMR2

Hey Rorschach just got my "new" (has a born on date of 5/31) 360, can you play tonight also Bonesvan you around?

FrenchMovieTheme: Do you know who subbing for Coldblooded for week 10?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I didn't mean that I thought that season 1 wasn't gonna finish. I was just shocked to see Fifty hanging em up.

I lost another close game. Lost by 1 to Malley. Lag had me in the first half pretty bad. Payton throwing really slow passes. But in the second half my offense woke up for one drive. And then I just couldn't finish off a drive and got stuck kicking it in hopes of getting the ball back. Got it back. ON MY 3 YARD LINE. :D Nice punting Malley.

Wait a second.... why did Reggie Bush get special teams player of the week. That makes no sense. Just look at El's stats:

5 returns for 205 yards and 1 94 yard td in OT to win the game

vs Bush's 3 KR, 157 Yards, 1 TD

I demand a recount, must have been hanging chads or something.

Rorschach

Wow...my oline got a major downgrade. :lol I barely had time to throw.

Jordan too...he fumbled without being touched and ol' stompy Haynesworth recovered. :(

Jordan's performance was laughable. :( Fargas ftw!

Jordan, LaMont (RB) 23yards, 0TD 1.2AVG 20ATT 1FUM 5BTK 7Long

Wow...never put up a 1.2 avg before with any starting back...

Wait a second.... why did Reggie Bush get special teams player of the week.

i saw that. my decision was based on the fact that no one else did anything at all on defense for the winning teams. and since you can't win duplicate awards, i had to go with springs and bush rather than randel el and someone else for defense. sorry buddy :(

bluemax

Banned
FMT, just a heads up on that Eagles game. Dexter Wynn did the kick and punt returns but he's not available for some reason so I temporarily assigned his stats to Zach Tuiasasopo. Hope that's not too big of an issue.

It was interesting to play as another team for once. Don't know if I like Westbrook that much, yeah I broke a 92yarder, but he killed so many other drives with his weenieness.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i saw that. my decision was based on the fact that no one else did anything at all on defense for the winning teams. and since you can't win duplicate awards, i had to go with springs and bush rather than randel el and someone else for defense. sorry buddy :(

fair enough. I wondered how springs won with those stats. Ok that makes sense. Good job on the power rankings, and yes it is a little depressing, but it looks like theres a little cushion now.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Back... and what the shit? I guess I'll just start practicing for potential playoff opponents since the rest of my division seems to have given up.

Losing Arrington for the year doesn't even phase me. 6 tackles and 1 sack across 10 games? :lol

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Back... and what the shit? I guess I'll just start practicing for potential playoff opponents since the rest of my division seems to have given up.

Losing Arrington for the year doesn't even phase me. 6 tackles and 1 sack across 10 games? :lol
Trade him...to me :p By the way, i can't wait to face you again...i wonder what the notebook says now about me ;)

DCX

Wellington said:

You might try and make a run for 1st place in nfc ie homefield throughout.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
You might try and make a run for 1st place in nfc ie homefield throughout.

Homefield doesn't matter in Madden. Not even for the Colts.

DCX: I want a piece of that ass like you wouldn't believe!

AkaBalla

Any rookie of the year nominee's? Only ones i saw was Vernon Davis and of course Reggie Bush.. Any others? or they all sit the bench?

Rorschach

AkaBalla said:
Any rookie of the year nominee's? Only ones i saw was Vernon Davis and of course Reggie Bush.. Any others? or they all sit the bench?
Michael Huff and Howard Thomas ftw! Well, Huff got off to a good start, then not so much...Thomas is still doing well, though!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
Ok how about first round bye?

Every time I have made it to the playoffs with a first round bye, I lose the second round matchup. Conversely, I've made the super bowl four times with a W/C spot.

MaestroRyan said:
i'd like to play all my games this upcoming weekend, thanks.

sorry guys, gonna have to wait until then. this league has gone to shit anyway, but i will play the games

I think saying this league has gone to shit is a bit harsh. I'm enjoying it and I know others are. Sure there have been a lot of quitters of late, but that happens right?

Wellington said:
Every time I have made it to the playoffs with a first round bye, I lose the second round matchup. Conversely, I've made the super bowl four times with a W/C spot.

Fair enough.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the team doesn't have a terrible record. fifty assigned losses to himself for 7 games, but they have no been played.

Given that Maestro, your friend can pretty much decide his own fate. He could be in first since he only has two losses atm.

Zep

Banned
The Rams and Chefs will battle in an hour or so. Arrowhead has always been St.Louis kryptonite!

This ones big for the team!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
DaddyZ said:
The Rams and Chefs will battle in an hour or so. Arrowhead has always been St.Louis kryptonite!

This ones big for the team!

Game had to be postponed... lost disc... but in the mean time I was able to get all of my games caught up..... and yes our division still sucks...

JuanMR2

Bosevan, you gonna be around Wednesday? We need to get our week 9 game done. Who's subbing for the Colts i have them week 12?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Gunstar77 said:
How about now?

Sorry Gun,been busy.

I can play tonight 10 pm eastern on.

Zep

Banned
Wellington said:
:lol

Need to be gangsta like me.

I getting to that point.

Now Malley know the dorm rooms here are small as hell so I searched everywhere I could and found nothing. My roomate was a little to helpful last night and I think either him or one of his boys swiped it while I was out.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
DaddyZ said:
I getting to that point.

Now Malley know the dorm rooms here are small as hell so I searched everywhere I could and found nothing. My roomate was a little to helpful last night and I think either him or one of his boys swiped it while I was out.

All jokes aside, my freshman year there, i didnt trust my roomie so I put my sh** in my drawer and would put my PS games away while i was gone, to avoid that type of stuff.... One day i head over to Robinson hall(class), from Mimosa (my dorm), and find out class is cancelled... So i head right back to my dorm and low and behold this idiot went through my ish and wanted to get his NFL Gameday fix........ Needless to say He damn near sh** on my bed when he saw me and my friends walk in.. He fumbled through about a sentence or two before he was launched to his bed in a not so friendly manner and called res life and left me to have my own room for the rest of the year.... Great times!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
if you walked in on me like that malley i would say "WHAT! yeah i'm playing your game, go get me a soda!" then i would give you the alex smith special

:lol the Alex Smith special has to invole sucking and in that case i would pass....

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shit,Gun can you play at 11 pm instead?

My nephew is being picked up then instead,I had to baby sit all day.

Top Bottom