• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Is the Jags owner still playing or do random people use the team?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ill wait for word from FMT before I play you or the owner.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
FMT and Greg I'm ready to get our game just let me know when. Anytime before 6pm CST is a good time tonight.

Vump,

How can I get in touch with bonesavan?

All,

Sorry I've been absent. I played my last three games so early that I could out of sync with the league. I'm back and I'm ready to go whenever (provided it's Thurs-Sun) for my remaining games. The 3-game losing streak ENDS HERE!!!

vumpler

bonsevan77 on AIM.. Or I can call him? I'll talk to him tonight anyway so just post in here when's a good time and I'll make sure he comes and replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm supposed to play you tonight? I just finished my game against DCX's Falcons. I may have to push it off until tommorow depending on what the wife wants to do with the TV. :p

With several weeks being open, the hope of doing games in sequence is kinda out the window. I'm Pittsburgh and I have a date with the Panthers which is you.

I have games with DM and Gunstar too, if you guys can play tonight let me know today. Thanks!!

vumpler

As long as you don't enter the score it won't matter. FMT won't see who won so he won't be strayed from his power rankings and all is well :D

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Well tonight won't happen, but I've got an open window tomorrow between 9:30am and 11:30am PST. You game then?

Hey DCX - good game. I tried to make a game of it but I turned out to be the Iron Mike Sharpe to your Ultimate Warrior. What an asskicking. :p

That time is not good for me either, I work during the business hours so weekday mornings and afternoons are out of the question. Maybe Saturday morning or afternoon.

Gunstar and DM can either of you play tonight? I can't be worrying about playing 5+ league games this weekend. Somebody step up!!!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I set up a game with DJ and I can also get another game in MMlemya if you want to go as well while I am here... let me know

fellas, please keep in mind clock milking is illegal outside of the 4th quarter. it is in the rules, it has been in the rules since i began running leagues here at gaf so it's not a "current change". just played a league game and had this issue

* NO CLOCK MILKING UNTIL THE 4th QUARTER! if you are letting the playclock purposely run down to under 10 seconds in the first 3 quarters that is bullcrap. Have some respect for your opponent. If we were playing 15 minute quarters, fine, run the playclock down. But we aren't. We want everyone to have a chance to win, so don't pull out the milking card. In the 4th quarter, milk all you want.

to be honest i don't care whether i win or lose, that's not the issue. but dudes milking the clock is one thing i can't stand. i'd rather have someone jump pass on me all day before i would want milking the clock. don't do it

DMczaf

Shawnwhann said:
That time is not good for me either, I work during the business hours so weekday mornings and afternoons are out of the question. Maybe Saturday morning or afternoon.

Gunstar and DM can either of you play tonight? I can't be worrying about playing 5+ league games this weekend. Somebody step up!!!

I can play now, I just got home.

bluemax

Banned
I'm free tonight after about 7pm PST. Anyone on either SD or Philly's schedule who wants to play please IM me. I'm dieing to get a game in.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
I can play our game tonight. Maybe after like 7pm.

DCX

Damn, I went to bed last night at like 10:30, so I missed your post. Tonight I have a prior engagement (high school reunion-like deal). What time are you around tomorrow? I may be able to work something out.

You know what sucks is that I am so geared up to play ematz and Maestro (they play similar styles on offense [actually ematz plays JUST LIKE ME]) that it will be tough to go into a game for you. I am thinking of just foregoing planning for your offense and focus on just being able to score on your D. I don't think that I can do anything about getting Vicked in this game.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Damn, I went to bed last night at like 10:30, so I missed your post. Tonight I have a prior engagement (high school reunion-like deal). What time are you around tomorrow? I may be able to work something out.

You know what sucks is that I am so geared up to play ematz and Maestro (they play similar styles on offense [actually ematz plays JUST LIKE ME]) that it will be tough to go into a game for you. I am thinking of just foregoing planning for your offense and focus on just being able to score on your D. I don't think that I can do anything about getting Vicked in this game.
Well dude i can play now if you want, i have until 5:30...i have to get snow tires on my car :( After i get them on i'm free till like 9. I work tomorrow...so it would have to be either early morning or after 11pm.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Well dude i can play now if you want, i have until 5:30...i have to get snow tires on my car :( After i get them on i'm free till like 9. I work tomorrow...so it would have to be either early morning or after 11pm.

DCX

I'm at work :(

Is going for it on 4th and 10 with 40 secs left in the 2nd quarter legal? I thought we said it wasn't? Doesn't matter ST int'ed it for a TD.

Edit: Guess its only in your side of the 50. My mistake.

hgplayer1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fellas, please keep in mind clock milking is illegal outside of the 4th quarter. it is in the rules, it has been in the rules since i began running leagues here at gaf so it's not a "current change". just played a league game and had this issue

to be honest i don't care whether i win or lose, that's not the issue. but dudes milking the clock is one thing i can't stand. i'd rather have someone jump pass on me all day before i would want milking the clock. don't do it

yeah i played someone this season that let the scripted players coming to the line sequence run just about every play and let the clock run down within 5 seconds most plays. man that was painful!

it's bullshit is what it is. outside of the 4th quarter and 2 mins left in the 1st half, the playclock should never get below 25 seconds. 15 seconds is plenty of time to pick a play. i wish EA would add a "proportional playclock" feature that would keep the playclock at 40 seconds, but only allow 13 "game time" seconds to be run off in that time (if you are playing 5 min quarters, 13 seconds being 1/3 of 40 seconds). it's just bull that people can milk the shit out of the clock.

again if its the 4th quarter do whatever, but there is no reason to pussy out and try to beat someone with the clock instead of manning up and beating them because you're better

FrenchMovieTheme said:
it's bullshit is what it is. outside of the 4th quarter and 2 mins left in the 1st half, the playclock should never get below 25 seconds. 15 seconds is plenty of time to pick a play.

I know this isn't referring to me (who is it referring to though?), but just thought I'd chime in. Sometimes 15 seconds really isn't enough to call a play. I try and make sure it stays above 20 seconds every quarter except the 4th. Is that ok, I see the rules says 10 but is it going to be updated to 25? and I do let the scripted sequences run on occasion if i call a play insanely fast. There are occasional times, like after a penalty that the clock starts off a lot lower for some reason.

i'm not making it a set 100% rule the ball must be snapped by 25 seconds, but have some respect for your opponent. i realize there are audibles to call at the line, and you can't always pick a play in 15 seconds. but shit if you are running the clock down to 10 seconds every play ON THE FIRST DRIVE OF THE GAME give me a break man.

not naming names, it's not about that. i blame myself for not being clear enough with the rules, but it should be known now.

bluemax

Banned
If any of the following people are around please IM me:

AZGreg (or someone willing to fill in for the Packers)
TheDuce22
bishop
DJ Demon J/Atreides (weren't we supposed to play last night?)
Gunstar77
hgplayer1

Seriously guys, I just want to forget about the midterm I took so let's play some ball.

bluemax

Banned
MaestroRyan said:
yo blue, do you want to fill in for the jags tonight for me?

edit: OH MY FRIGGIN GOD

ZEP

PM ME MY PLAYER STATS FROM OUR GAME

YOU WHORE

j/k but i want my stuff man

Done per our IM agreement.

hgplayer1

bluemax can you play Saturday afternoon? theres a college football game I wanna watch in the evening so we can either play in the afternoon or late night.

just one more thing regarding the play clock. I dont mind if someone takes forever to call their play as long as they arent doing it the whole game, but to call the play and then let that scripted sequence play out is just terrible for the player on defense. you take any sense of control out of his hands doing that shit.

Im pretty sure it was done to me starting in the first half of a game and once I caught on to what was going on I lost interest in the game. it was just boring.

EA needs to do something so that when playing online you have independant views. I should always be able to make adjustments to my defense, not be limited by the amount of time the player on offense is gonna allow me depending on when he skips the scripted sequence.

bluemax

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
bluemax can you play Saturday afternoon? theres a college football game I wanna watch in the evening so we can either play in the afternoon or late night.

just one more thing regarding the play clock. I dont mind if someone takes forever to call their play as long as they arent doing it the whole game, but to call the play and then let that scripted sequence play out is just terrible for the player on defense. you take any sense of control out of his hands doing that shit.

Im pretty sure it was done to me starting in the first half of a game and once I caught on to what was going on I lost interest in the game. it was just boring.

EA needs to do something so that when playing online you have independant views. I should always be able to make adjustments to my defense, not be limited by the amount of time the player on offense is gonna allow me depending on when he skips the scripted sequence.

I can play before 4 or after the USC game. I should be up around noonish PST.

MaestroRyan said:
soooo

playing ematz

he won the game

last minute, he's kneeing the ball

then he decides to throw a TD, go for two, then go for the onside kick and try to score again. Sorry, not counting that bullshit.

... :lol hes your friend isnt he?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
MaestroRyan said:
soooo

playing ematz

he won the game

last minute, he's kneeing the ball

then he decides to throw a TD, go for two, then go for the onside kick and try to score again. Sorry, not counting that bullshit.

FRIENDS........FOR GREAT JUSTICE?

hgplayer1

bluemax said:
I can play before 4 or after the USC game. I should be up around noonish PST.

I think that will work. I should be home around 12:30-1:00 PST and I can play as soon as I get logged in. my AIM SN is bcsplayer1 and my gamertag on Live is hgplayer1 if you havent already added me do that and Ill try and do the same as soon as I get home.

bluemax

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
I think that will work. I should be home around 12:30-1:00 PST and I can play as soon as I get logged in. my AIM SN is bcsplayer1 and my gamertag on Live is hgplayer1 if you havent already added me do that and Ill try and do the same as soon as I get home.

Cool well I'm awake now and I know I've added you on AIM. I'll go ahead and make sure I've added you on Live as well.

Edit, your friends list is full.

hgplayer1

bluemax said:
Cool well I'm awake now and I know I've added you on AIM. I'll go ahead and make sure I've added you on Live as well.

Edit, your friends list is full.

ok just got home and cleared a space on my friends list and AIM is running so just msg me when youre ready.

bluemax

Banned
What a horrible way to end my playoff hopes. 2 weeks without a game so I come out rusty and lose to a 2-9 team at home. Ugh I'm so disgusted. I really wish MaestroRyan had shown up again last night so I could've got those games in and maybe not been so rusty.

hgplayer1

bluemax said:
What a horrible way to end my playoff hopes. 2 weeks without a game so I come out rusty and lose to a 2-9 team at home. Ugh I'm so disgusted. I really wish MaestroRyan had shown up again last night so I could've got those games in and maybe not been so rusty.

yeah I hadnt played since my last league game which I believe was over a week ago. I was afraid I wouldnt be able to keep up if you were playing well. dont let my record fool you I play a tough loss.

oh and dont forget about ROMOMENTUM!

also whats the deal with about 90% of my INTs I get tackled immediately with no chance to run it back and every time I throw one it seems like its a 30 yard run back at least.

Rorschach

CP
BigZep-Check
malleymal
mmlemay

Please Please Please let's get our games in. :( Not looking forward to the lag especially in those last 3 games, but I want to get them done.

Anyone want to fill in for AZGreg and the Packers? Blue: I'll fill in for you if you fill in for me. :lol

Top Bottom