• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Anyone available for a game? I need to play against the Jags (is Ian even in this anymore?), Ematz (I don't know who that is), Maestro, Sonshogun, Konex and Bluemax. Anyone around? And can any of those games be pickup? I'd like to get a few down :/

bluemax

Banned
Lonestar said:
Anyone available for a game? I need to play against the Jags (is Ian even in this anymore?), Ematz (I don't know who that is), Maestro, Sonshogun, Konex and Bluemax. Anyone around? And can any of those games be pickup? I'd like to get a few down :/

Lone sorry I missed you, I wasn't paying attention to IRC. I'm about to try and get into the USC game but if that fails I'll come home and we can get our game in. Or I can try after the game. I'll look for you in IRC or you can hit me up on AIM.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Lonestar said:

i'll sub as the jags any time tomorrow :D

DCX

DCX
Ok, i have been trying to get a hold of Duce to no avail, anyone willing to play a fill in for the Bills let me know, east coast preferable, west coast ok.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Good game DaddyZ, thank you for helping me finish my season...now it's up to Konex and Shawn to see if i make the playoffs, good luck to all who make, it was a great season if i don't make it.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sorry I have been away fellas, I tried to build my new PC while heavily borrowing from my old one and I got some defective RAM. Been a PC nomad since then.

I am around during most of the day. Only time off limits is during the Bears/Giants game.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Wellington said:
Sorry I have been away fellas, I tried to build my new PC while heavily borrowing from my old one and I got some defective RAM. Been a PC nomad since then.

I am around during most of the day. Only time off limits is during the Bears/Giants game.

Whoa... this post is from the future...

DMczaf

That shit was ****ing lame Konex. You would play DT, and after the snap you'd back away from the line, and then rush in untouched because the man who was supposed to block you leaves. Sometimes you'd sack me before I'd even attempt the fake handoff on playactions.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm not gonna re-type to defend myself. Here's out aim log

Konex2k4 (8:06:13 PM): gg
Konex2k4 (8:06:17 PM): how about that d?
DMczafX23 (8:06:26 PM): that was a BS move dude
DMczafX23 (8:06:33 PM): backing away from the line, and then rushing in untouched?
DMczafX23 (8:06:36 PM): come on
Konex2k4 (8:06:39 PM): wtf
Konex2k4 (8:06:49 PM): i wasn't backing away from the line
Konex2k4 (8:06:56 PM): i just controlled my dline as usual
DMczafX23 (8:07:04 PM): yes he was
Konex2k4 (8:07:08 PM): omg
DMczafX23 (8:07:29 PM): i dont make up stuff, i know what i saw. your man would back away after the snap, and then youd run in untouched because your man ignores you now
Konex2k4 (8:07:43 PM): dude why wud i cheat like that?
DMczafX23 (8:08:09 PM): during play actions, id get snapped before i even attempted a fake handoff. it was like .2 secs
DMczafX23 (8:08:14 PM): sacked*
Konex2k4 (8:08:26 PM): i dunno y that happened but i wasn't backing off the line
Konex2k4 (8:08:44 PM): i noticed that when i called zone blitz, they got tio u quick
DMczafX23 (8:09:05 PM): im not talking about blitzes. im talking about you coming up the middle untouched
DMczafX23 (8:09:25 PM): i had no shot after even getting a play off, its like an auto sack
Konex2k4 (8:09:30 PM): dude u kno i don't do weak tactics l;ike that
Konex2k4 (8:09:38 PM): and it was 6 sacks total iirc
Konex2k4 (8:09:52 PM): u back up waaay too long and that's why i got those picks
DMczafX23 (8:10:19 PM): wtf, im not talking abotu picks. im talking about getting pressured right after the snap. not even letting me drop back
DMczafX23 (8:10:30 PM): i would get sacked for like a loss of 2
Konex2k4 (8:11:25 PM): i kno but i'm telling u i just control the dline. i don't back up or anything. i can't believe u'd accuse me of that
DMczafX23 (8:12:02 PM): what am i supposed to believe? the man that you are controlling, is the one that backs away, and then rushes in untouched
DMczafX23 (8:12:33 PM): its not like its some randomly controlled cpu player i saw, it was the one with your cursor on it
Konex2k4 (8:17:48 PM): u must be seeing things, man. i'm telling u i don't do that and how come no one has accused me of that before?

Rorschach

GG Malley

I'm tempted to not start Moss or Porter...I think I will bench them next game. Go take plays off on the bench, assholes!

Funny play on the opening drive. I got an int with morrison and ran it all the way back to their territory only to get tackled by Green (yes, the QB!!) and fumble. ><

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Yea man GG

LOLLL that was hilarious... Trent green was practicing his tackiling all week for a situation like that.....

Lonestar

thanks for filling in BlueMax. If you wanna get in the Philly/Seattle game, lets figure out a time in the week, ok?

Is AZGregg still playing? How about CP and truelize? I have only messaged truelize, but just wondering whether the other two are playing.

vumpler

For AZ get a sub for CP you can generally find him on AIM 15mins out of the day and if you do so he will play, otherwise he'll cry about something :)

vumpler said:
For AZ get a sub for CP you can generally find him on AIM 15mins out of the day and if you do so he will play, otherwise he'll cry about something :)

Ok well I need two subs who can play on wednesday sometime, one for Colts and one for Packers. I know Malley volunteered for one, but not sure if he still wants to / can do it wednesday. I know Vumpler you also volunteered for one, are you available wednesday?

Lonestar

No, DM, I do not plan on finishing that game after the run up the score 80 yard TD run. Game's over. Write down the stats.

Rorschach

I would, but I'm west coast. The lag would probably be bad.

Does anyone ever get this animation? The only one I see do it constantly is Moss and Porter does it on a few occasions. This one isn't that bad, but I've had them do it even closer to the ball (like in my game against Lone) where they just give up in the middle of the play when they have guys beat.

mossucks2.gif

They run away from the ball! I hate it so much...as if moss dropping surefire tds every ****ing game wasn't bad enough, I have to deal with this at least once a game. He's benched for my next game. :|

Lonestar

I had Marcus Trufant do that on one of DM's long TD passes. He's running stride for stride with Galloway, then it's a "I give up, let me run in a circle" animation.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I would, but I'm west coast. The lag would probably be bad.

Does anyone ever get this animation? The only one I see do it constantly is Moss and Porter does it on a few occasions. This one isn't that bad, but I've had them do it even closer to the ball (like in my game against Lone) where they just give up in the middle of the play when they have guys beat.

mossucks2.gif

They run away from the ball! I hate it so much...as if moss dropping surefire tds every ****ing game wasn't bad enough, I have to deal with this at least once a game. He's benched for my next game. :|

You have to keep him happy so that he performs.

bluemax

Banned
bishoptl said:
Dunno who I'm scheduled to go against next, but give me a holler - I've got some open space this weekend.

I can fill in for your game against the Eagles this weekend. Either Friday evening or early Saturday afternoon. Say after about 7pm pst or between about 12 and 4 pst. I'm flexible to a degree so just let me know.

Also has anyone here ever participated in the Madden Challenge? The bus is on campus at my school today and I'm really curious about it.

vumpler

Yeah I've entered a couple times. You get to see the cheese of all cheese. The winners are amazing at their cheese plays though. Unbelievable actually.

Rorschach

I benched him for a game and it worked out great...except that Porter loves to fumble. :\ Porter actually gets YAC, though...unlike Neo-Moss.

Wellington said:
You have to keep him happy so that he performs.
His morale bar is almost full. :(

The funny thing is that, even though I broke every receiving stat with him, got him MVP, and won a superbowl, his morale bar never gets full in season mode. Even his player picture is incredibly pissed off. :lol

I think I'm gonna trade him.

bluemax

Banned
Wow what an epic game against DM. I lost on a last second heave ho to Galloway and he was double covered, incredible. If Bryan Westbrook could take a hit I might've been able to hold on. Still a great game.

Also FMT, for the stats Wynn still isn't available on my list of players. I gave all his stats to Zach Tuiasasopo so if you could fix that somehow I'd appreciate it.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
When is this season gonna finish.... I am done my season, and will fill in for anyone, just to keep the skills fresh.... ended on a 5 game winning streak.... glad to be off the road and back on track..

TheDuce22

Banned
DCX said:
Ok, i have been trying to get a hold of Duce to no avail, anyone willing to play a fill in for the Bills let me know, east coast preferable, west coast ok.

DCX

??? I asked you when you wanted to play and you never responded.

I've been looking for replacements for the matches I have left, but so far have been unsuccessful. Now I won't be able to play till Monday at the earliest as I am going on break/driving home. If anybody can sub in for AZGregg and truelize I would appreciate it.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
bluemax said:
I can fill in for your game against the Eagles this weekend. Either Friday evening or early Saturday afternoon. Say after about 7pm pst or between about 12 and 4 pst. I'm flexible to a degree so just let me know.

Also has anyone here ever participated in the Madden Challenge? The bus is on campus at my school today and I'm really curious about it.
OK dude - like we talked about on #ga, let's do this Saturday morning, 7am PST.

gamertag: bishGA

bluemax

Banned
bishoptl said:
OK dude - like we talked about on #ga, let's do this Saturday morning, 7am PST.

gamertag: bishGA

It's 7:01am I'm on live. Where be you? You're on my friends list but were last online 4 hours ago.

Edit: Nevermind there you are.

Top Bottom