• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Is Bob even trying? :lol

He is spending too much time contemplating how many months it will take Sony to catch Microsoft after this latest news to get in any gametime. That and all the crackdown vids he watches (I watch em too, Crackdown brothas :)).

final warning!

BILLS AND VIKINGS! IF YOU DONT PLAY AT LEAST 1 PRESEASON GAME BY SATURDAY IM GOING TO REPLACE YOU!

if you don't want to play in the league at least let me know. again, saturday a game should be played

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow. I just played the smoothest game lag wise I've had yet online and it totally killed my timing. I 6 first downs and 119 total offense.

And then got murdered by the run. C. Brown from the Titans killed me for 197 yards. Up the middle almost everytime, he broke 3 tackles (supposedly) and ran for 150 yards after first hit. What a crock that was.

Fifty

Well, Duce...I was pretty impressed with the lag for that game. Sure it wasn't good by a longshot, but it was playable for me at least compared to the slideshow Juan and I had. You're on my list of playable players after that.

You had some real bad luck. My D took Mcnabb out so Jgar had to risk his life against the Baltimore D. It didn't help that that was my best running game of the year so far.

I had a blocked FG! But I didn't see it. :lol I chose FG safe man as the play, so I wouldn't get a penalty for roughing the kicker, and during the lengthy presnap animation I went to check my friends list...only to hear "and it's blocked!" We recovered it, but I felt so guilty :lol

GG duce, I hope you didn't hate the lag.

TheDuce22

Banned
I just played Fifty with not much lag at all.

Edit: Ya that blocked feild goal sucked. The thing that could have changed the game was that pick I had, that was an easy return for a td.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
you would have been beat if that was me using the eagles Fiddy.

smokey.jpg

".....AND YOU KNOW THIS, MAN!"

Fifty

Stinkson also had a nice dropped pass. In fact, you had 2-3 big drops. Good thing it was preseason! Before that game (especially since matrix said it was bad with you) I was thinking that all west coast games would be unplayable for me, but now I have hope!

TheDuce22

Banned
Ive played people on the east coast in ranked games with very little lag. I think its probably a combination of factors, not just east/west.

Rorschach

I noticed it's a bit harder to take down stats because there are only 2 colums available at a time. It makes the layout look nice and all, but it makes stat keeping harder. Oh, and the QB stats don't keep track of sacks? I had to scroll to the defensive side...which wouldn't be so bad if all the menus didn't lag. And it switches back to "both" stats if you switch back and forth from Team Stats and Player Stats. :(

[edit] Duce: the way I did it was by going to the defensive side and sorting by sacks. Then, all the players with sacks will be at the top. I think the sort button is Y. That's one good thing about this year's. Sorting!

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
I noticed it's a bit harder to take down stats because there are only 2 colums available at a time. It makes the layout look nice and all, but it makes stat keeping harder. Oh, and the QB stats don't keep track of sacks? I had to scroll to the defensive side...which wouldn't be so bad if all the menus didn't lag. And it switches back to "both" stats if you switch back and forth from Team Stats and Player Stats. :(

When you highlight a player, theres a box on top that shows all that player's stats. No need for scrolling.

Also, karishbhr and MaestroRyan...

corn%20flakes.jpg

TheDuce22

Banned
Malleymal said:
Let them go in peace, I wouldnt want them to -bog- us down anyway.... Start the season!!!!

Arent we supposed to get a roster update in a couple days or did we vote against waiting? The Eagles roster in madden is all jacked up right now.

Zep

Banned
mmlemay said:
DaddyZ,

I'll be back in town tomorrow. When can you play our preseason game?

anytime this afternoon/night....when everybody else is out getting drunk, free up the network space!

welp, i need to find replacements for the lions, bills and vikings before we can start. i believe i might have 2 of those teams replaced, but be patient fellas (unless you want fill-ins for those games! and i know you dont!)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Oh yeah I forogt about the roster update. K nevermind I'll wait.

If anyone sees me online this weekend send me a Madden invite. I need to spend some more time with the Colts.

DMczaf

Patch and roster update news

Guys -

I won't be on here today much as I'm moving, but I wanted to let you know that we're looking good for coming in on the first few days of next week on these updates.

If ANYTHING changes I will hop on and let you guys know BEFORE next week.

I will be back on this weekend, so feel free to IM directly with anything else.

Thanks.

DMczaf

:lol 1up Yours gave you some free pub on your Madden league, FMT!

Hey 1up, we need 3 players for these flakes!

DMczaf

Fifty said:
What'd they say?

Garnett was talking about how random people on Madden online are douchebags, and how GAF has a league thats really hardcore and with rules so people dont cheese. Luke says he talks to FMT on AIM wtf!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Garnett was talking about how random people on Madden online are douchebags, and how GAF has a league thats really hardcore and with rules so people dont cheese. Luke says he talks to FMT on AIM wtf!

:lol

awesome.

correction, SECOND best madden league. Bog opened his own 32-man league. they have already completed the regular season and are playing the playoffs this weekend. no missed games by any teams. how does he do it! HOW!!!!!!!!!

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:
Spectator mode would be awesome for them to watch the best damn madden league on the market
You telling me, i mean i would love to have intense scouting on all the players in the leauge by A) watching the games live B) downloading some game clips from said player C) Have Madden provide keys to stopping my oppoent based on his stats and play style. That would ****ing rock!

DCX

ok, regarding the 3 potential open teams: i have combed the madden threads and contacted a few people on gaf who might possibly be interested. if any of them want to play, great problem solved (for now), if they don't i will take care of it one way or another (including invoking the matrix rule! everyone has a price matrix... everyone!)

2 teams now left. i have replaced maestro with darkangelyuna. nothing personal maestro, but when you havent played a game or barely posted in the thread or responded to any of my messages then what can i do? have to look out for the good of the league.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ok, regarding the 3 potential open teams: i have combed the madden threads and contacted a few people on gaf who might possibly be interested. if any of them want to play, great problem solved (for now), if they don't i will take care of it one way or another (including invoking the matrix rule! everyone has a price matrix... everyone!)

:lol :lol

bosevan

Hey guys I am hoping to get a team when I get the message and am looking foward to being able to play in the season. Thanks guys just let me know what I need to do. :D

Gametag: Farnsworth165 AIM: bonsevan77

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
bosevan said:
Hey guys I am hoping to get a team when I get the message and am looking foward to being able to play in the season. Thanks guys just let me know what I need to do. :D

Wellington helped get you approved w00t! :D

Winner to us all lol

GUYS OMFG! Another preseason game!

but seriously, i have scheduled a 3rd preseason game to tide us over until wednesday. i am HOPING (perhaps against hope) that the roster update will be out then, but even if it's not i am a man of my word and we begin on wednesday. anyhow, enjoy the final game. if you don't play it no big deal but i figure we are practicing against each other online anyways, why not add another game? enjoy (or don't enjoy!)

Fifty

DarkAngelYuna said:
Yo people, I have come to claim the vikings like it or not.
I'm gonna own you all
Aim: Ogrt48
XBL: MattsOnlyHope

And now this person is banned! Most likely because of creating stupid drunk threads that ended up getting locked.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah, so i just got raped by DM...

Why do rapings always start with a badly timed fumble?

I also like how Carnell Always falls forward after tackled. LT style

Top Bottom