• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
poor cb. so full of hope that because he was using a top 5 team he could dominate. look at him now... broken and deafeated. you're done old man!

Pre-season Buddy!

Thanks for loaning me your gameshark, FMT!!

Seriously. That Steve Smith fumble on the punt return was BS. I didnt even move him and he fumbled.

****ing Carnell. I would stop him like 3 yards short of the first down, only for his punk ass to lean forward 4 yards for the first

DMczaf

Total Rushing Yards
1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 366
2 San Francisco 49ers 351

I'm sorry FMT, Cadillac made me do it!!

CB3

DMczaf said:
Total Rushing Yards

Id be there if DeShawn Foster wasnt such a bitch. DeAngelo Williams runs 10 times harder than him

TheDuce22

Banned
Ok so how do you stop this thing where you throw it to a reciever on a crossing route and make him take a step forward/jump up and get the ball? I just played Konex and as far as I can tell its impossible. If you luckily get yourself far enough in front to where they cant do the step in/high jump the ball flys right through your hands, or 6 of your hands if he happened to be triple covered like on one play. He said to activate it you just hit Y before the ball gets to the reciever on offense. The fact that the cpu cant stop it doesnt bother me, what bothers me is the fact that it works so well on 3 seperate occasions he threw the ball directly at me, I was in perfect position, knowing that animation would go off and I wouldnt be able to stop it, which is what happened.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Total Rushing Yards

:lol Even with one more game than me you guys barely have more rushing yards than me. Just wait for me to complete week 3, chumps!

Cloudy: When do you want to play?

DCX

DCX
Fifty, we could get our game in sometime tomorrow morning if you don't have any conflicts. I'm in the east, let me know.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ColdBlooded33 said:
****ing Carnell. I would stop him like 3 yards short of the first down, only for his punk ass to lean forward 4 yards for the first

What? That never happens to me. You just don't know how to stop the run. Madden 07 is god, EA is god. Blah blah blah more talk out of ass blah.

I wish Malley would fix his passing yards stat.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Truth be know, FMT, you did say he had until saturday to play a game. And unless I'm in Australia, today's Saturday.

darkangelyuma's banned anyways...right?

CB3

Wellington said:
What? That never happens to me. You just don't know how to stop the run. Madden 07 is god, EA is god. Blah blah blah more talk out of ass blah.

I wish Malley would fix his passing yards stat.

You just hate cause im carzy awesome.

BTW I hate EA besides Madden :)

Cloudy

Banned
Rorschach said:
:lol Even with one more game than me you guys barely have more rushing yards than me. Just wait for me to complete week 3, chumps!

Cloudy: When do you want to play?

I'll be around till 3et or so. I could play right now :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
MaestroRyan said:
MOTHER****ERS I AM HERE

IF YOU WERE IMPATIENT WHY NOT PM?

DUCE/LONESTAR (I THINK) SEND ME A ****ING FRIEND REQUEST OR HIT ME UP ON AIM: TINYORPHANJESUS

i'm ready bitches let's go

also assign me the damn vikings

edit: oh i see what the **** you let some chump come the **** in because duce couldn't play on wednesday, then told me like wednesday ****ing afternoon he could. so i get ****ed due to scheduling, duce doesn't reply, and i lose my team? **** all of yous.

Woah. :lol

Did you get to play Duce at all?

Did you talk to your Pre-season week 2 opponent at all?

Cloudy

Banned
Wow, that sucks in the 4th of a really hectic game. Wanna try yet again? I won't give you 3 free TDs this time :lol

edit: One of us should take of our routers. I'll do it now so hang on...

TheDuce22

Banned
You just sent me a pm this morning so its not like I was ignoring you. Dont blame me. I asked if you could play on thursday too but never got a response.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I know, I should appologize, but dammit, I'm at work right now, and the opportunity was RIGHT THERE.

maestro you don't respond to any of the posts in this thread, you don't respond to any of the posts in the NFL thread that i posted right after you commented on the steelers/dolphins game, i talked to you on xbl telling you what was up and that you needed to play, you didn't post anything about playing in this thread, what was i supposed to think?? ill talk to darkangelyuna but you have to understand that NOT contacting anyone or posting in the official thread for nearly a week isn't going to get things done in the league!

Fifty

DCX said:
Fifty, we could get our game in sometime tomorrow morning if you don't have any conflicts. I'm in the east, let me know.

DCX

Get up early on sunday morning to play a pointless preseason game? Sorry DCX, no thanks. I can play on tuesday evening. If that doesn't work for you, no big loss.

maestro i will talk to darkangel if you still want to play, but i hope you can see the reason i had to find a replacement. too many times people join these leagues, think its just some thing where they can drop by the league thread once a month and then NEVER play any of their games. it only takes a couple people to really dick up a schedule or make it tough on people who are ready and willing to play. so if you are going to be a regular poster in the thread and get your games done in a timely manner (by my count you had 6 days to play a preseason game and didn't, the league is on a 5 day advancement period) we'll see what can be done.

Cloudy

Banned
gg Rors. I made too many early mistakes and I couldn't come back from them this game. I didn't know you had Michael Jordan at RB :(

I mean, how can I lose when you only passed 4 times all game :lol

edit: We are finally able to complete a game when we both took off our routers. So that seems like it'll fix drop problems...

Rorschach

Cloudy said:
I mean, how can I lose when you only passed 4 times all game :lol
Because you spent the first half in quarter defense.

GG, but lay back on the jump passes a little bit...not every single pass has to be a jetpack. I'm not even exaggerating here.

For the record, Konex didn't do that sideline flush all the time like previously hyped. He did run all over the place like a chicken with its head chopped off, but that was partly because Sapp was penetrating like nobody's business and he stayed in the pocket as long as he could hold out. It would actually help him when he did stay in the pocket because then I would get caught in traffic with his oline.

PS: Chump Bailey is overrated. :|

PPS:
Code:
1	Oakland Raiders 598
2	Tampa Bay Buccaneers 366
3	San Francisco 49ers 351

Suck it, chumps!

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Get up early on sunday morning to play a pointless preseason game? Sorry DCX, no thanks. I can play on tuesday evening. If that doesn't work for you, no big loss.
Tues evening sounds good.

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
Because you spent the first half in quarter defense.

I use straight man and cover 2 almost exclusively, dude..

GG, but lay back on the jump passes a little bit...not every single pass has to be a jetpack. I'm not even exaggerating here.

I'll let FMT respond to this cos he said the same thing when we played until I PROVED to him that I don't do that :lol

For the record, Konex didn't do that sideline flush all the time like previously hyped.

I told you so :)

Chump Bailey is overrated. :|

Not as overrated as Lamont Jordan :D

TheDuce22

Banned
Rorschach said:

No shit. I was ready to put my controller through the wall last night since EVERY pass play he ran he did that shit. And apparently there is some other trick to avoid pressure where you run to the side a little but I couldnt get a closer look cause there are no ****ing replays for some reason. Dont get me started on the spin move either.

konex try not pressing Y and see what happens. no one else presses Y, and no one else gets that kind of jump pass. i know you aren't doing it on purpose to cheese, but just try it in your next game. if pressing Y is causing jump passes it's going to be banned. again, not because im blaming you for being cheesy on purpose, but you have to realize that a jump pass is indefensible. so try NOT pressing Y to catch. "but why would i not press Y?" cause i want to see if that is why your guys jump everytime

Cloudy

Banned
no one else presses Y

I'm gonna try what you said but is the quote above really true? NOBODY here besides me follows the instruction IN THE MANUAL to catch with Y on offense and bat the ball on defense?

CB3

Cloudy said:
I'm gonna try what you said but is the quote above really true? NOBODY here besides me follows the instruction in the manual to catch with Y on offense and bat the ball on defense?

Doubt it. I always let the WR on offense catch the ball without pressing Y. Defense is different obviously. Y is to catch the ball. A to swat.

Cloudy

Banned
Y is to catch the ball. A to swat.

According to the manual Y also bats the ball and it works for me. I have NEVER pressed A on defense and I get as many deflections/ints as anyone...

FrenchMovieTheme said:
mmlemay, i changed your 2nd preseason game against the vikes. my bad :D

Haha - I'm so confused. One week I was supposed to play DaddyZ. Then the next I'm supposed to play Minnesota twice. Now we don't even know who Minnesota is!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I press Y on d to get ints,A never works for me.

On catching I never press anything.

sableholic when do you want to play our week 3 pre-season game?

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
MaestroRyan said:
MOTHER****ERS I AM HERE

IF YOU WERE IMPATIENT WHY NOT PM?

DUCE/LONESTAR (I THINK) SEND ME A ****ING FRIEND REQUEST OR HIT ME UP ON AIM: TINYORPHANJESUS

i'm ready bitches let's go

also assign me the damn vikings

edit: oh i see what the **** you let some chump come the **** in because duce couldn't play on wednesday, then told me like wednesday ****ing afternoon he could. so i get ****ed due to scheduling, duce doesn't reply, and i lose my team? **** all of yous.

I sent you a friends request on Monday and you still have not replied to it, it is in pending status.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Why did I pick up the mother****ing phone. I was in complete control on defense and was executing moochball well, eating up clock. Then Wasabiking calls me and I start to **** up on O. Now as a result, the work that Ror started is complete, the slider portion for the keyboard is totally broken. Ugh. That was a game I should not have lost.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Wellington said:
Why did I pick up the mother****ing phone. I was in complete control on defense and was executing moochball well, eating up clock. Then Wasabiking calls me and I start to **** up on O. Now as a result, the work that Ror started is complete, the slider portion for the keyboard is totally broken. Ugh. That was a game I should not have lost.

I disagree :) I had your pass game on lock that last drive, and you could only move the ball rushing on me so long. I don't credit your loss to the phone, I gotcha. We'll play again though. It was a good defensive game at the start which is rare against me. It generally turns into a shootout because thats just how my tempo usually goes. But once the 4th started my O got rolling and here we are. An undefeated preseason just like my Cats :D

Top Bottom