• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF US Mid-term Elections 2006 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
threeball said:
I would gladly serve my country if I were needed.

Me too, I ****ing love america and everytime I have voted in the past I actually cry a little because of how grateful I am that I have the right to vote. But guess what, Iraq has little to do with serving our country.

Of course what i'm sure you meant to say was

threeball said:
I would gladly serve my president if I were needed.

But the president is not my country.

Yamauchi

Banned
Democratic McCaskill
813,003 49%

Republican Talent
(Incumbent)
799,007 48%

Libertarian Gilmour
39,451 2%

Progressive Lewis
14,851 1%

Okay, I'm going to try this again...

McCaskill 813,003 49%
Talent 799,007 48%

80% reporting. It may go down again, who knows...that's what it says on my screen right this second.

GhaleonEB said:
Talent up by 35k with 75% now, same source.

McCaskill is closing fast.
batcountry3tvga0.jpg

Missouri Senate
Updated: 12:59 a.m. ET

Democratic McCaskill
813,003 49% 80% of precincts reporting votes by county voter survey results

Republican Talent
(Incumbent)
799,007 48%

Libertarian Gilmour
39,451 2%
Full MO
Progressive Lewis
14,851 1%
KEY RACE

I don't see how Talent pulls this out. Claire McCaskill looks to be the winner.

Now it all comes down to Conrad Burns (lol, what a guy to count on), who is in the hole already, VA lawyers, and the supposed 33,000 Fairfax county absentee ballots, if they do indeed exist.

ToxicAdam

Looking at the exit polls, I predict a Democratic win in Montana too.

Democrats have really solidified their base AND took most of the Ind. vote too.

Shard said:
CNN News Channel seems to be still focusing mainly on Virginia right now.
Right
I think Virginia will be recounted.
I think the 5000-6000 number that Allen is reporting is hogwash to get a recount

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Hey, I live in Missouri and I'm telling you this is a big deal. We have two huge Democrat strongholds (STL and KC) and the rest is literally entirely Republican. I lost so much faith in this silly ass state that I've consider moving across the border to the anti-evolution but still Democrat Kansas!

Then again, one could point out that any population center (you know, WHERE PEOPLE LIVE?), is a Democrat stronghold.

WedgeX

Banned
xsarien said:
So how long do you all give Lieberman before he switches to the GOP purely out of spite?

Wouldn't he lose his seniority in that case? I seem to remember the Dems guarenteeing him his seniority if he won the election, as a threat of sorts :p

Yamauchi

Banned
I'm not sure about McCaskill. 85% of Jackson County precincts are reporting. She could also pick up some more votes in St. Louis County and Jefferson County, but beyond that, everything could go against her.

JayDubya

Banned
threeball said:
The whole internet is. Just about every website out there is anti-GOP.

That's not really true. GAF is, but what do you expect?

Conservative voters tend to be older, gamers tend to be younger. Older people tend to favor older technology, and vice versa. This is why Republican radio shows are popular and Democrat blogs are popular, whereas the converse tend to fail gloriously.

Also consider the fact that GAF is multinational in its membership and recall just how batshit loco European politics are relative to what we consider the norm.

threeball

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Hey, I live in Missouri and I'm telling you this is a big deal. We have two huge Democrat strongholds (STL and KC) and the rest is literally entirely Republican.

Then again, one could point out that any population center (you know, WHERE PEOPLE LIVE?), is a Democrat stronghold.

Thats all elections are. Big cities are democrats and the rest are republicans. Exactly why we have an electoral college for presidential elections.

GhaleonEB

WedgeX said:
Wouldn't he lose his seniority in that case? I seem to remember the Dems guarenteeing him his seniority if he won the election, as a threat of sorts :p
yeah, he keeps all his commitee seats if he caucuses with the dems

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
carvil more or less said the dems are taking the senate. He backed off of that prediction to cover his ass.. but carvil is basically saying he thinks its going democratic..

OH SNAP.. WEBB JUST CALLED IT.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
StoOgE said:
carvil more or less said the dems are taking the senate. He backed off of that prediction to cover his ass.. but carvil is basically saying he thinks its going democratic..

He may have called it but nobody else has, this is going to continue.

AntoneM

StoOgE said:

YES!

Yamauchi

Banned
Democratic McCaskill
819,895 49%

Republican Talent
(Incumbent)
804,342 48%

Libertarian Gilmour
39,968 2%

Progressive Lewis
14,998 1%

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
My girlfriend is so pissed at me right now. She has a test tommorow and Im in hear going nuts..

doesnt help that she is a big time republican.. her dad worked for dubya when he was governer.

threeball

Banned
Zaptruder said:
Your country has needed you for some 24 months now. So, get to it!

Pro this war? Then go fight this war.

I would, except I can't pass up my opporitunity to play D-1 football. Not everyone gets that chance.

woodchuck

StoOgE said:
My girlfriend is so pissed at me right now. She has a test tommorow and Im in hear going nuts..

doesnt help that she is a big time republican.. her dad worked for dubya when he was governer.

it's time to dump her

Diablos

Hmm, the only thing is... if Dems have a majority in the House AND Senate, this makes the Presidential election perhaps easier for Republicans in two years. Would the whole country want a Democratic White House, House of Representatives, and Senate? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom