• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Off-season Madden Season 12 Thread: PS3 Vs. 360 (PLUS NCAA!)

What version of Madden do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

daw840

Rorschach said:
I stand by my earlier statement of no trades!!!
If trades happen, Wellie and I are gonna make a trade that's going to break the league in two! Raiders/Giants confirmed >:|

It's because of the trades and flex scheduling. In 05, the latest roster update was reflected in the leagues. :( Maybe we should wait for the first roster update to start.

If thats the case, then we should probably start after the first update. I remember in 08 the Chiefs lineup was totally different after the first update.

Andokuky

Banned
LiveWire said:
Ando: I'll trade Portis back for Champ Bailey, whaddya say? The Skins have no CBs. :lol

;(

Champ Jesus Bailey is worth this much:

Clinton Portis
Santana Moss
Chris Cooley
London Fletcher
Jason Campbell (Jay Cutler needs someone to hold his Gatorade)

I'll throw in Travis Henry and all 11 of his illegitimate bastards too.

dm's 360 is just about dead. this pretty much seals the deal on a ps3 league.

the only thing that can stop it now is drastic performance difference in favor of the 360 (be that graphically or the online performance)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I know I'm shocked,f-ing shitty hardware.Isnt this Dm's 2nd now?

I got GTA IV for the 360 today cause I cant play the PS3 version online and my system sounds even worse than before,sounds like it wants to explode.I cant see how if I continue to play GTA how my 360 is going to survive till August or thru a whole season.

I have both Madden versions on pre-order,but I really hope both versions are equal so we can just do the PS3 league.

Rorschach

GTA finally killed mine too. ^____________________________________________^

Disc drive yet again. Can't say I didn't see it coming. It sounded like shit from the moment I got it back and I got a shitload of DREs, but now it's done completely. At least it didn't happen during the league. It's better that it happens now since I'll get it back in time for league and maybe it will last me another six months (even if it means that I'm missing out on my GTA :[). :\ I don't know if I'm under warranty. I think the warranty starts from your first failure on record...not sure.

Unfortunately, we won't know if the PS3 version is gimped until it comes out most likely. The media doesn't cover Madden like it does GTA or COD. :|

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think more systems will continue to die and it's just safer to go the PS3 route for the league,as long as EA doesn't fuck up the online on the PS3 like Rockstar did.I don't think they will cause they have far more experience with it.

Andokuky

Banned
How is the PS3 version of GTA fucked up? I only ask because the 360 version has a lot of problems too. None for me, but plenty of my friends have issues staying connected or connecting to games.

Matrix

The PS3 version has had a issue where it wont load your game save if you are logged into the Playstation network....so basically you can't play online or the single player game if you are logged in.It just freezes at the saved game load screen.

I can play single player without any issues,as long as I'm not logged in.

Some people are saying this has been fixed,but a ton of people including myself still cant play online.

That's basically why I got myself a 360 copy last night,good thing I had so many crappy games to trade in,only had to pay $5.Played it online for over 2 hours on the 360 without any issues *knocks on wood*

edit - Rors,how many DEAD 360's are you up to now? GOOD LORD

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Andokuky said:
How is the PS3 version of GTA fucked up? I only ask because the 360 version has a lot of problems too. None for me, but plenty of my friends have issues staying connected or connecting to games.
I have not had any issues with my copy of GTA for PS3 and I am logged on to PSN all the time. I have a 60GB with a 160GB HDD in it. This GTA freezing thing is perplexing.

I have played mostly SP though and have had mixed success getting online with MP. I doubt that this is really relevant to Madden. I will say that NHL 08 for both PS3 and X360 have had issues since they started doing roster updates. Their roster updates have caused total freezes of my system in the lobby online after I finish playing a lag free game. However, if I play a buddy of mine online, it will not lock up on me even if we play multiple games in a row. The freeze happended both on my X360 and my PS3 (possibly for different reasons since my X360 had a failing DVD drive) but hopefully will not be an issue in their '09 products.

Matrix

I'll say one thing,I didn't run into one glitch in the 15 + single player hours ive played on the ps3 version and I'm 3 hours into the 360 version and I had some strange ass glitch playing pool where the I glitched into the ocean...what the fuck rockstar

And yea this is OT and I felt like posting it here.

DMczaf

My 360 went RROD a few nights ago after a GTA4 Multiplayer session, but it's been fine since then.

...Madden PS3 leagues are the way to go!

Also, NCAA PS3 dynasty! Join us Matrix!

Matrix

I have NCAA on pre-order for PS3 on amazon,it was my gold box deal of the day,a few dollars off,no tax and free shipping :p

I could always change my mind,but as of now I believe I'm getting it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DMczaf said:
My 360 went RROD a few nights ago after a GTA4 Multiplayer session, but it's been fine since then.

...Madden PS3 leagues are the way to go!

Also, NCAA PS3 dynasty! Join us Matrix!

Mr. Bob was trying to kill your 360, with Boat Racing!

Rorschach

I found out why we all sucked at the boats...too late for that now, though. That was the worst mode ever. Three laps?! Seriously? Everything before that was awesome, but after that no one played it online anymore. >:O Mrbob killed GTA!!

Damn, I miss that game. T_T
edit - Rors,how many DEAD 360's are you up to now? GOOD LORD
6 dead. These last 3 have been the exact same console with the same damn problem and one of them was DOA. :\

Lonestar

Ror, you could have your own Cemetery Wing in Arlington, just for your 360's.

DSC00656.jpg

RIP, #'s 1 thru 14.

Mrbob

My master plan is in effect.

Now you guys know why I picked up GTA on 360.

One by one by damn one I will take out all your 360s until everyone will need a PS3 for the Madden league in August! Lonestar, you are next! :D

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Ror, you could have your own Cemetery Wing in Arlington, just for your 360's.

RIP, #'s 1 thru 14.
:(

Instant karma's gonna get you. Gonna knock you right on your face.

Mrbob said:

One by one by damn one I will take out all your 360s until everyone will need a PS3 for the Madden league in August! Lonestar, you are next! :D
batmanrobin.jpg

Mister Bob, you diabolical fiend!

...but...your timing is off! 360 will be back before August/September when the league starts. Your plan has failed!

bam.jpg

Lonestar

Mrbob said:

Already HAVE one, and check the voting stats!!! I'm already on BOARD.

MONEY TRAIN HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

DCX

DCX
From the looks of it, Truelize is not going to playing Madden this year. So i'll be the Falcons season 1 for sure. Matt Ryan FUTURE biznatches!

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
1) Regarding injuries for real life players not affecting the league: Good, I think the league should be self sufficient anyway. There should be injuries in the league games that affect multiple games like in any of the 2K products. Why should I pay the price if the bonehead player hurt himself in real life.

2) Trades would be awesome, you guys are crazy. Like was mentioned by DAW, it should either be up to commish or a league vote to veto. I have been in fantasy situations, however, where commishes would complete unfair trades in their favor and no one would be able to do anything.
Gibril back to the Giants!

3) About playing with bitches: The replays would be a life saver here as now guys will be exposed.

4) Coming fresh into the league shouldn't be a problem. Coming fresh into the league without knowing anything about football could be. I got a lot of help when I first started (First season with the Kurt Warner led Giants was 4-12) so I am always down to help noobs. If you just know the game of football you should be fine. There are a lot fo things that are effective one year and not so effective the next. For example, Madden 08 was all about nanos and effectively using the DLine, whereas 07 was a lot more about setting up coverages correctly. Some may have noticed that I unabashedly started going very heavy into 46 and 4-3 Ds this year even with 3 WR fronts.

5) Still don't care about PS3 or 360, though I would like to play against Slo. Both sets of hardware are not reliable from what I have seen so the lesser of two evils (PS3) will probably be the best way to go. Next RRoD I get I will take a sledgehammer to the 360 and put it on Youtube.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
...this is because the PS3 version doesn't have a achievements, isn't it?

:lol

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Gibril back to the Giants!
:D I'm still against trades, though. :[ 1 season without it, then season 2 can have trades to keep it fresh.

Wellington said:
I wonder if Wasabiking rejoins madden leagues if we go to PS3. Another Raider fan!
Yeah, he will if it's on PS3 (his name is up on the votes), but he's not taking the Raiders.

Oh, and we'd get MiG back finally! I still played ps2 version of 08 with him. :lol

HD Messibowl ftw!

Matrix

Mig wont be getting the Texans *throws vet card at Migs face*

Slo

Wellington said:
5) Still don't care about PS3 or 360, though I would like to play against Slo. Both sets of hardware are not reliable from what I have seen so the lesser of two evils (PS3) will probably be the best way to go. Next RRoD I get I will take a sledgehammer to the 360 and put it on Youtube.

<3 <3

Andokuky

Banned
So can you replay the entire game or is it just replays of the biggest plays? Couldn't you play an offline game of Madden 08 and view replays of every single play? Is this going to be online now? That would be sweet.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DCX said:
From the looks of it, Truelize is not going to playing Madden this year. So i'll be the Falcons season 1 for sure. Matt Ryan FUTURE biznatches!

DCX
As a Falcons fan, I just hope they don't kill Matt Ryan in his first year.

I wonder if I would want to play you for the Falcons or if I should stick with the Jets. Either way, misery is on my way. :lol

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
...this is because the PS3 version doesn't have achievements, isn't it?
Being a whore myself, that would have been my reasoning, but i digress. League>Achievements.

DCX

Matrix

Rorschach said:
He'll get them when you get pissed off at them again. ;D

:lol :(

That's funny and sad cause it's true.

Maybe True can't do Madden this year cause he's got a newborn son and is going to be on diaper duty for a long time ....

nah,most likely what Dm said :lol

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
:lol :(

That's funny and sad cause it's true.

Maybe True can't do Madden this year cause he's got a newborn son and is going to be on diaper duty for a long time ....

nah,most likely what Dm said :lol
Add some more to that fire too. Although closer to release he will cock block and i'll end up with the Browns again :) Not to much to complain about i guess. I do miss playing with my Falcons though.

DCX

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
:D I'm still against trades, though. :[ 1 season without it, then season 2 can have trades to keep it fresh.

Reverse that, and we'll talk ;P Trades 1st season, and if they sucked for Season 1, go to No Trades in Season 2. How they would suck, I don't know...it would further the sim feel of the league, and would lead to interesting things to do OUTSIDE of the actual games. Instead of just "waiting for week 3" to open, strategize with someone else to put together a deal that would benefit both parties.

Heck, the topic could be used as a Trading Block board (in a sense).

DCX: Not if I end up with the Browns season 1 :p

Rorschach

Reverse that, and we'll talk ;P Trades 1st season, and if they sucked for Season 1, go to No Trades in Season 2.
If you ruin the first season, the second will have less appeal. :p Anyway, I'm not saying it would completely ruin the season (though there's a chance) or I wouldn't suggest it for season 2. That's just my preference.

Lonestar said:
How they would suck, I don't know...it would further the sim feel of the league, and would lead to interesting things to do OUTSIDE of the actual games. Instead of just "waiting for week 3" to open, strategize with someone else to put together a deal that would benefit both parties.

Heck, the topic could be used as a Trading Block board (in a sense).

DCX: Not if I end up with the Browns season 1 :p
Oh please. It's not like you would plan a trade every single week. If that were the case, then I'd be against it for ANY season. It wouldn't take that much of your "off" time. If there is trading, btw, there should be a deadline. By week 6 you should have a good feel about what you need for your team especially if there's a pre-season and if we wait for the first roster update.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i can not wait for both seasons to start up... NCAA and madden will be great with stat tracking and replays..

also where are you guys playing GTA? on 360?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
hahahaha ... are you guys on at night playing any cops and robbers?? ?if so, I may have gamefly send me the 360 version

damn rors :-(

LukeSmith

Whatever console the majority of folks are playing Madden on, I'm in with the Colts.

NCAA is a wait and see for reviews -- I'd reunite with my alma matter if there was a Big Ten league.

MrBob - Wisconsin
Luke - Michigan

Sack up, Bob!

Andokuky

Banned
Striker said:
So, we still doing Online Dynasty for NCAA? On the Xbox 360, of course...

Surely 12 people would want to play. With the whole online dynasty set up there is no need for a Leaguedaddy site or anything. Just have to find someone willing to be commish. We could use the typical Madden/NCAA GAF rules. I'll play.

Top Bottom