• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Off-season Madden Season 12 Thread: PS3 Vs. 360 (PLUS NCAA!)

What version of Madden do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
DMczaf said:
"Just got through playing some NCAA 09 on the PS3 and I'm very, very, very, ..... ok one more, very happy to announce that the game is fluid and is really no different form XBOX 360. It was smooth and the gameplay was very solid. It took me a minute to get back adjusted to PS3 controlling but everything I was able to do on 360 I am able to do on PS3. "

We are done with 360! DONE!
For reals? :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DMZcaf said:
"Just got through playing some NCAA 09 on the PS3 and I'm very, very, very, ..... ok one more, very happy to announce that the game is fluid and is really no different form XBOX 360. It was smooth and the gameplay was very solid. It took me a minute to get back adjusted to PS3 controlling but everything I was able to do on 360 I am able to do on PS3. "

vader1.jpg

vumpler said:
For reals? :(......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
2658EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK-9.jpg

LiveWire

DMczaf said:

hbk3.gif

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Well the 360 crew will still throw down without you all. I guess its just going to be a bunch of new guys. *shrugs*

DMczaf

http://www.pastapadre.com/2643/live-blog-madden-09

Romo getting killed: http://vimeo.com/1092131

136: I’ve managed to pull myself away from Madden. I don’t want to sound too enthusiastic about it at this point, given I’ve only been playing a little over two hours. But coming out of the community day last year I was probably the most discouraged of everyone there. It is a totally different feeling right now and that is the general sentiment in the room. I haven’t dug into many of the question you guys had, but I have noted some things which I’ll be adding throughout the hour. I also have a lot of videos, most of which will go up late tonight or this weekend, but two short clips coming in a few minutes.

139: This is such a significant leap over what we played last year. And there is still a couple months to go with it. I thought that NCAA felt polished for a game that far out when I played it last month. I’d say Madden right now feels like it could almost be released in this state

143: Not only did they add FG nets, but the nets raise before the kick and you see them lowered after.

146: I’ve seen comments after the previous videos were released that the scoreboard might be bothersome in its placement. I didn’t find it got in the way of the action at all. The new camera angle takes a slight adjustment to get used to but feels pretty natural and works really well.

147: The weather effects look really nice, both snow and rain. On Qwest Field’s fieldturf you could see water splashing up when running on it.

149: No squib kicks, deep ball explosion sound is gone, no kick return plays with just one returner back. Kickoffs aren’t as overpowered as last year, but consistently can go 4-6 yards into the end zone with full power.

150: There are alternate jerseys as well as classic jerseys.

151: The pass defense does a great job defending the deep ball. Those spectacular catches from last year are usually negated by the defensive back swatting the ball, picking it off, or jarring the ball loose with a hit. The DB’s get high into the air to make plays and keep good position.

153: Something I really like is that you can get big plays out of the short passing game. It isn’t as though only the deep ball will net you an explosive play. I had a slant that ended up going the distance (video of that sometime over the next few days).

228: They added the “David Tyree Catch”. Only seen it once.

:lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
:lol The Slo gif isn't "here's my money" it's "I'm out!"

...I think...

the Gif, yeah.

He's interpretation of the Gif...I don't know. I'm leaning towards him meaning "I'm Out"

DMczaf

354: Had an online related conversation that went well over an hour. A ton to report back on. Just one thing I’ll mention right now is that online weather will be in both ranked and unranked games (currently random weather)

Finally!

Andokuky

Banned
Does that mean all the awesome snow effects or is that still offline only?

Was there no random weather for online games last year? I don't remember.

DMczaf

Andokuky said:
Does that mean all the awesome snow effects or is that still offline only?

Was there no random weather for online games last year? I don't remember.

Weather was completely off online last year, but it's not like it mattered. Weather has been shit in Madden until now.

Yes, this means all the awesome snow effects will be online.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Maybe with new people in the 360 Madden league I might be able to win a game or two. That would sure be nice. Or DCX could have the PS3 league and I'll take the 360 league, that way we can both have the Falcons. :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
hmm. ps3's are going for like 300 on craigs list. if it dips down lower, i might be convinced to buy one

DMczaf

Even though we already know its there, its confirmed again that we can save online game replays

One more quick thing I wanted to mention, you can also grab replays from online games after they’re over, save them and upload to EA Sports World.

Top 10 Plays of the Week in GAF League confirmed.

Andokuky

Banned
But can you save any replay, or just replays of what the game thinks are big plays? Either way it's a sweet addition.

Also, fuck those ratings. Cutler = 95 arm strength? My ass. Maybe 195.

CB3 said:
hmm. ps3's are going for like 300 on craigs list. if it dips down lower, i might be convinced to buy one

My coworker bought a PS3 with DMC4, Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Eye of Judgement with camera and an HDMI cable for 300 bucks

DMczaf

http://www.pastapadre.com/2644/madden-nfl-09-hands-on-report

Online Play:

I was a part of a discussion (which ended up being over an hour) with Ryan Ferwerda who leads the online play aspect of Madden. I’m going to list off a few things that I got direct answers to. He’s working towards wiping out the online records and stats for a clear slate (please do!), weather is random in both ranked and unranked games, alternate uniforms are not selectable, and the depth chart will not carry from offline. With created teams in unranked games you still won’t see the names of the opposition’s teams or players (concern with user created content possibilities). Roster updates should be at least as frequent as last year (they released eight) but they are hoping for even more. You will be able to watch all the saved plays from an online game afterwards and upload clips to EA Sports World.

Two things were basically guaranteed along the way. In Madden 2010 offline depth charts will carry over and alternate uniforms will be available. Basically they would like to make everything that is an option offline available for at least unranked games in the future.

There is a new player hub online, somewhat similar to the EA Messenger of old. This should come in handy especially for PS3 players. It has more to it than the old messenger though, with some aspects interacting with the web as well.

Online leagues were talked about quite a bit, much of which was already known, but if you have questions I can probably answer most of them. They really wanted to focus and get the base right so they could expand on it over the coming years. Some other things they are working towards are spectator mode and possibly saving/reconnecting into online games that were interrupted (which would eventually grown out of the in-game saves feature they will have next year). Those might not be next year but they are things that they would like to add in down the line.

Essentially it was very apparent that they know what the community would like, and that they would like many of those same things. But it comes down to issues such as prioritizing, connection quality, conflicts with the console manufacturers and their standards, and some of these features just being very difficult to implement.

Rorschach

Some other things they are working towards are spectator mode and possibly saving/reconnecting into online games that were interrupted (which would eventually grown out of the in-game saves feature they will have next year). Those might not be next year but they are things that they would like to add in down the line.
I came.

Slo

Shawnwhann said:
:lol at those ratings! Eli is rated batter than Garrard?!? TJack has a stronger arm than Vince Young?!? GTFO!

TJack's arm *IS* stronger than VY's. TJack has got a cannon. Young has never been known as a big arm.

Andokuky

Banned
Slo said:
TJack's arm *IS* stronger than VY's. TJack has got a cannon. Young has never been known as a big arm.

Agreed, easily stronger than Young. They got his accuracy right as well, the worst in the league :lol Of starters anyway.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
Maybe with new people in the 360 Madden league I might be able to win a game or two. That would sure be nice. Or DCX could have the PS3 league and I'll take the 360 league, that way we can both have the Falcons. :D
claply7.gif

You sir have the right answer!

DCX

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
I figured you would like that. :lol At least we have a QB again. Now for the rest of the team. :(
We have a QB and decent RBs and a decent WR. I'm bummed we lost out on our decent TE :( It's going to kill my passing attack. Defense is going to be hit or miss by itself without the Madden gods playing a role.

DCX

Striker

Wellie,

You see the new Giants ratings and depth chart? Holy shit at the Giants trio of DE's. :lol :lol

giantso.jpg

giantsd.jpg

Overall team of 94

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
omg, look at that OLine. Guess they must be the reason the Giants are good, eh Welly :p

CB3

:lol Dawk Asante Lito and Sheldon are all 90+. Have fun passing on the eagles

and westy is 97.
Fear me if i get a ps3

CB3

Striker said:
Enter a 96 rated Plaxico Burress ;)

cheap ass spectacular catch is gone. he will be manageable.

plus i dont have to worry about you. its CK. he grinds it out more on the ground anyway

Goes without saying, but I'm so excited about this coming year.

Not to diminish championships won by folks here over the past few seasons, but this years championship is going to be the most legitimate and prestegious ever. With all the tools officially back in the game like slide protections, defensive matchups, and receiver leading; all the tools we wish we had to combat X, Y, and Z circumstance are now back in play!

I look forward to giving everyone my "A" game every single week! May the best man win! :D

DMczaf

Well my 360 died again today. PS3 Leagues confirmed.

You've changed things, 360... forever. There's no going back.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Shawnwhann said:
Goes without saying, but I'm so excited about this coming year.

Not to diminish championships won by folks here over the past few seasons, but this years championship is going to be the most legitimate and prestegious ever. With all the tools officially back in the game like slide protections, defensive matchups, and receiver leading; all the tools we wish we had to combat X, Y, and Z circumstance are now back in play!

I look forward to giving everyone my "A" game every single week! May the best man win! :D
Well said. Everything is secondary to Madden and NCAA right now. I feel really good about all the improvements and tweaks.

Zeke

hmm never done a madden season. I'd be down with joining if theres still room. My vote would go to PS3 since thats all I got. Altho I'm sure I'll get stomped by everyone :\

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Well my 360 died again today. PS3 Leagues confirmed.

You've changed things, 360... forever. There's no going back.

Is it really dead? You have zombie 360's.

Top Bottom