• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Off-season Madden Season 12 Thread: PS3 Vs. 360 (PLUS NCAA!)

What version of Madden do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Matrix said:
Mig wont be getting the Texans *throws vet card at Migs face*

Hey now, don't forget who is the original GAF Madden Champ.

damn I suck at the game now.

Striker

Oh, sweet. So we're still doing a NCAA Dynasty? :D

Should we make a new thread for 360 owners? I don't care whichever conference we play in. Anything would be cool (would prefer not ACC though).

(Cheats and copy/pastes conferences from PS3 NCAA thread)

ACC
Atlantic Division - Boston College, Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, NC State, Wake Forest
Coastal Division - Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, Virginia Virginia Tech

Big East
Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse and West Virginia, Cincinnati, Louisville, South Florida

Big Ten
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin

Big XII
North - Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska
South - Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Conference USA
East - UAB, UCF, East Carolina, Marshall, Memphis, Southern Miss
West - Houston, Rice, SMU, UTEP, Tulane, Tulsa

MAC
East - Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent State, Miami University, Ohio, Temple
West - Ball St, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan

Mountain West
Air Force, BYU, Colorado State, New Mexico, San Diego State, TCU, UNLV, Utah, Wyoming

PAC10

Arizona, Arizona State, California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington, Washington State

Sun Belt
Arkansas State, UL Lafayette, UL Monroe, MTSU, North Texas, Troy, Florida Atlantic, Florida International

SEC
Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

WAC

Boise State, Fresno State, Idaho, Hawaii, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, Nevada, San Jose State, Utah State
I think MAC could be pretty fun. No heavyweights in there although that could weaken the time when recruits visit.

Big East, Big 10, and SEC also look good.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker said:
You buying it for 360, and participating in the online league? :p
I am getting both buddy. You're right though, on 360 you should be the GMen and I will take someone else, it would only be fair.

Andokuky

Banned
Wow no divisions would really suck. Didn't the 2k leagues at least have divisions? I know they had no real NFL schedule or alignment but I could have swore they at least had divisions. 2 of them?

Mrbob

bluemax said:
So what is this I read that online leagues don't have divisions?

Leaguedaddy revived for another year?

What? Bah. I should have known better Kush 2.0 (I.E. Tiburon with money) would be able to get the basic functionality in place.

DM fails again.

bluemax

Banned
Source:

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3167908

Divide and Conquer

Recently, no-shock news broke that, finally, Madden would feature online leagues. But the fine print isn't so promising: There'll be no divisions. That means teams will be ranked one to 32, with the top tier making the playoffs. Developer EA Tiburon's designed it this way to up league-completion rates, but divisions are a must. And the clock's ticking.

SMH at Tiburon.

Mrbob

Wow. 100 percent lame. Kush 2.0 should let the commish decide whether or not to have seperate divisions in the league. Having said this, I vote for us to deal with it as I am sick of having to spend 20 minutes typing in my stats from the game screen to league daddy.

DMczaf

I'm not going back to Leaguedaddy over divisions! (And FMT isn't either!)

It sucks balls, but I've dealt with no divisions for the last 4 years in 2K Sports games.

Now, if the stats are not in-depth (I just want Player and Team stats, EA. COME ON![/Gob]) then we move back to LeagueDaddy.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wow wtf

I'm with Bob :eek: I'm sick of having to type in stats every season and when you lose....oh man that makes for a fun time

AirBrian

Matrix said:
Wow wtf

I'm with Bob :eek: I'm sick of having to type in stats every season and when you lose....oh man that makes for a fun time
Especially for those that tend to lose more often than win. :mad:

DCX

DCX
Actually this benefits me more seeing as i usually get in a good division and struggle to make the playoffs. Last year or so i think i finished 12-4 and didn't make the playoffs, and some dude got in at 9-6 :/ He won that division. So this means the top teams will make it for sure.

DCX

Striker

Divisions would be better for Madden, but it isn't the end of the world. Some players got benefits from working in a weak division. And others (like me with the Cards :( ) got put into a strong division (with Zep, FMT, and Lonestar).

Double sadface

As long as I am in something for NCAA in the online dynasty, I'm happy.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am willing to try anything if it means I don't have to enter stats into LeagueDaddy while the Madden scorebar gets burned into my plasma. Plus, no LeagueDaddy means FMT has a little more money to put into his gas tank or elsewhere.

AkaBalla

Umm we can use the leagues and track our own standings with divisions?

Wow what a great idea..

We have done this in the past with 2k leagues.. You can edit the schedule and also edit the playoff matchups. If of course EA supports the editing..

Ramirez

I don't like how they're trying to make leagues casual friendly, the people who want to participate in leagues are your hardcore crowd, c'mon.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Eh I don't mind the no division thing. That guarantees that the players that deserve to get in will.

Further, remember some of the divisions last year? The aforementioned Zep, Striker, FMT, Lonestar division and the INSANE Shawn, Gunstar, Sable, and me NFC East. How I managed to win that I will never know.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Flex Scheduling could be why there are "no divisions." Like, if someone drops out a few weeks in, everyone's schedule is adjusted, instead of that person's division picking up a free win since they are missing a division opponent.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Eh I don't mind the no division thing. That guarantees that the players that deserve to get in will.

Further, remember some of the divisions last year? The aforementioned Zep, Striker, FMT, Lonestar division and the INSANE Shawn, Gunstar, Sable, and me NFC East. How I managed to win that I will never know.
But that's what the NFL is like and that's what makes it awesome. If not, we wouldn't have any team from the NFC West reppin' in the playoffs! ;b

Besides, 3 teams could make it (and they did) from the NFC East even with divisions. What would the NFL and Madden leagues be without division rivalries?

If there's a way to edit the schedules (including playoff schedules) we should have divisions. If not, well, that sucks... :\

Lonestar

Ror, only if we played the teams like real life. But since FMT can make the Niner's a good team, it's BIZARRO WORLD.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Ror, only if we played the teams like real life. But since FMT can make the Niner's a good team, it's BIZARRO WORLD.
Nah, it stands. The 9ers weren't always shit and neither were the Dolphins. It's more about the way the divisions work than simulating the real NFL teams and their talent. The NFC West joke was a jab at the real Seahawks. XD

I like the division rivalries. I do understand that you're really scared of FMT and that's why you don't want divisions, though.

Lonestar

hey, I can beat you...I'm trying to think of a time I've beaten FMT. Kryptonite man...

Rorschach

MWS Natural said:
So how does the sign-up for the madden league usually work?
Usually there's a final sign up thread close to release. Preference goes to the veterans first and rookies get the open spots. Not sure if that's how it will work this year, but that's usually the case.

Lonestar said:
hey, I can beat you...I'm trying to think of a time I've beaten FMT. Kryptonite man...
Yeah, he's a cunning mofo.

I think I'll have a team rated higher than 67 this year! :O

as long as they allow the commish SOME options as far as who advances to the playoffs then i'll do "custom" divisions. even though the league page may show all the teams jumbled together, we will have an understanding of what the true divisions are.

of course, if EA doesn't allow customization of playoff teams before it starts then that makes it difficult!

Rorschach said:
Usually there's a final sign up thread close to release. Preference goes to the veterans first and rookies get the open spots. Not sure if that's how it will work this year, but that's usually the case.

Yeah, he's a cunning mofo.

I think I'll have a team rated higher than 67 this year! :O
Great. I'm definitely interested in a GAF league, I can play on either system.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
FrenchMovieTheme said:
as long as they allow the commish SOME options as far as who advances to the playoffs then i'll do "custom" divisions. even though the league page may show all the teams jumbled together, we will have an understanding of what the true divisions are.

of course, if EA doesn't allow customization of playoff teams before it starts then that makes it difficult!
Well played.

That will be the best solution. Only 77 days left right? :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:

To me, the divisions are secondary to making sure we get the best players from the league facing each other in the playoffs. I could live with a Championship between two NFC or two AFC teams since I knew they had to battle through the regular season and then beat the best teams in the playoffs to get there.

bosevan

mmm...76 days. Will EA severely disappoint yet again? Since the Madden itch has begun in my loins, I thought I would post my interest in the 360 league, if thats the console that is chosen of course.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
74 days. Well, my girlfriend is moving down south and I will have more time for Madden between visiting her come this fall. I am vowing to take this year's game a lot more seriously than the past.

I agree with DeNogg about the playoffs being the forum for the matchups for the best players. While it'd be stupid to try and purposely break it down this way (because like the NFL, you never know what player is going to step it up season to season), I think it warrants a look. A matchup of Gunstar or Sable versus Shawn in the divisional or NFC Champ game would be better than having them in the same division.

Really though, it sucks the big one that we still can't watch the games online.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
I am vowing to take this year's game a lot more seriously than the past.

:O

You had a NOTEBOOK on how I played,how can you top that?

Andokuky

Banned
:lol

I have to admit though, back on NFL2k1 I was in a really great league that folded when the DC died and I used jot down formations my opponents were using and what the down and distance was and then what the play was. Then later if we played again I would pull it out as a scouting report of sorts. It worked pretty well. I have debated recording the games for GAF and other leagues, would that make me a Belicheat?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:

I have to admit though, back on NFL2k1 I was in a really great league that folded when the DC died and I used jot down formations my opponents were using and what the down and distance was and then what the play was. Then later if we played again I would pull it out as a scouting report of sorts. It worked pretty well. I have debated recording the games for GAF and other leagues, would that make me a Belicheat?

Since going to the next gen system, I think the pecking order for scouting would be:

1) Opposing team's roster strengths/weaknesses
2) Opposing player's style
3) Individual matchups
4) Individual plays from opposing player

The games (2007 in particular) became such a crapshoot that no two plays ever unfolded the same way. That more than anything took me away from keeping track of what individual plays each player runs (with a few exceptions).

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Andokuky said:

Let me know about this Ando. Because if for some reason you can't record games already implemented I'm wanting to record all my games as well so that I can then send them to the player I played against. It would just be nice to have for both involved to have a copy of an amazing play etc.

Slo

I'm sort of worried about the game recording feature. I can see myself routinely watching game film in my basement. :lol

DMczaf

Striker said:
Wellie,

You should get Madden and NCAA on the 360. :)

"Just got through playing some NCAA 09 on the PS3 and I'm very, very, very, ..... ok one more, very happy to announce that the game is fluid and is really no different form XBOX 360. It was smooth and the gameplay was very solid. It took me a minute to get back adjusted to PS3 controlling but everything I was able to do on 360 I am able to do on PS3. "

We are done with 360! DONE!

Top Bottom