• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Off-season Madden Season 12 Thread: PS3 Vs. 360 (PLUS NCAA!)

What version of Madden do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Is it really dead? You have zombie 360's.

It's finally dead. I got the black and blue checkerboard while watching the Justice League Starcrossed DVD :lol

Called in this morning to get the coffin.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"I got the black and blue checkerboard while watching the Justice League Starcrossed"

:lol

Fifty

I voted for the last option. Online leagues? Bunch of nerds..

I voted for option 3. I'll go as the wind blows me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty just join the dark side already,I don't get how you have gone this long without the MOST AMAZING BASEBALL GAME EVER CREATED.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
cheap ass spectacular catch is gone. he will be manageable.

plus i dont have to worry about you. its CK. he grinds it out more on the ground anyway
I'm pretty sure you've played me once or twice when I just pass all game, if not ask Sableholic how that goes. :lol

The Giants D-Line is ricockulous! And on top of that, the Giants O-Line finally gets the respect it deserves. Looks like the weakest parts of the team are the LBs and the running game. Eli rated at 93 is terrible. :lol

Man I can't wait! No more playing with a fatally flawed team in the league!

1) If the short passing game does indeed have more big play ability (which I doubt, maybe he just got lucky a few times, they do play on rookie in those expos) my offense all of a sudden looks a lot better.

2) The only question I have is if Tuck can play DT. Here it does not show that he can... I am going to enjoy the complaints about my D-Line cheese this year.

3) While I am excited, ratings still don't mean shit. Ask Colts and Pats players. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Fifty just join the dark side already,I don't get how you have gone this long without the MOST AMAZING BASEBALL GAME EVER CREATED.
Good lord I can't wait. Getting the MGS PS3 and I'll be playing The Show until Madden.

Rorschach

http://www.sportsgamer.com/content/1604/madden-09-running-back-ratings/

Don't normally talk trash, but you might as well just hand me the rushing title...
21maphg.jpg

After using Jordan (and Wheatley) for so long, it'll be like removing heavy ankle weights after years of use. :D

This year only teams with shitty running game are Chicago, Detroit, and Houston.

DMczaf

Warrick Dunn is going to dink and dunk the league to death!

10 catches for 55 yards will be in everyone's future!

Mrbob

Fifty said:
I voted for the last option. Online leagues? Bunch of nerds..

I voted for option 3. I'll go as the wind blows me.

Vote is more a formality at the moment.

Things have been decided.

Striker

Wellington said:
2) The only question I have is if Tuck can play DT. Here it does not show that he can... I am going to enjoy the complaints about my D-Line cheese this year.
Weren't sub-package formations confirmed? Oh boy. Four Aces in dime packages!

Rorschach

Striker said:
Weren't sub-package formations confirmed? Oh boy. Four Aces in dime packages!
It's not just packages anymore (that was in last year), it's on-the-fly subs by position (so pretty much anyone at any time).

This video shows someone doing some:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1579860783?bclid=1579871233&bctid=1584854439

I think there's a catch as to who can do what, though. You can sub anyone from WR down to OL, but I don't think you can plug a FB at center or whatever. It will all come down to whether tuck is listed as a hybrid or not.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Rorschach said:
It's not just packages anymore (that was in last year), it's on-the-fly subs by position (so pretty much anyone at any time).

This video shows someone doing some:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1579860783?bclid=1579871233&bctid=1584854439

I think there's a catch as to who can do what, though. You can sub anyone from WR down to OL, but I don't think you can plug a FB at center or whatever. It will all come down to whether tuck is listed as a hybrid or not.
Holy shit! Thank you for linking that game video (i missed it getting posted previously if it was). Thats siiiiick! The game looks amazing. That field and running game look so amazing in motion.

(Panther goggles equipped)

Oh shit kids. The cats will be hell to play against this year. Our running game and Passing game are back to the good ole 2003 days, maybe better. See you kids in the tree city!
icon_twisted.gif

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
It may be a good idea to start trying to sort out who is going to get Madden and NCAA for PS3 and who is buying them for X360. It may take a while to recruit for the leagues, plus if we get new players involved in an NCAA league, we may want them to play in the Madden league if they are good about getting their NCAA games in and etc.

Perhaps we should go ahead and start the different threads now so we can leave out the tempation for system wars stuff and just prep for football.

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
It may be a good idea to start trying to sort out who is going to get Madden and NCAA for PS3 and who is buying them for X360. It may take a while to recruit for the leagues, plus if we get new players involved in an NCAA league, we may want them to play in the Madden league if they are good about getting their NCAA games in and etc.

Perhaps we should go ahead and start the different threads now so we can leave out the tempation for system wars stuff and just prep for football.
Good Idea.

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
http://www.sportsgamer.com/content/1604/madden-09-running-back-ratings/

Don't normally talk trash, but you might as well just hand me the rushing title...
21maphg.jpg

After using Jordan (and Wheatley) for so long, it'll be like removing heavy ankle weights after years of use. :D

This year only teams with shitty running game are Chicago, Detroit, and Houston.

Amazing they only gave McTruckin an 85, when all of those numbers are All Star Level already. They even got the Truckin part right!

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Amazing they only gave McTruckin an 85, when all of those numbers are All Star Level already. They even got the Truckin part right!
Keeping his OVR and VIS low is a way to artificially keep him down because he's a rook. They did the same thing with AD (who finally got the ratings he deserves this year, btw).

I don't know how accurate these things are since the pictures in another site showed that Fargas was an 85.

http://i28.tinypic.com/2r2y9gm.jpg

Unless they're already downgrading mah Raiders. >:| They probably figured they'd get a head start this year.

AkaBalla

Hopefully we make a decision before the release of the game. I bought a PS3 just for socom but am not going to buy both versions.

Lets make a decision..

Rumor has it PS3 will be supporting leagues only and Xbox will not..

Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol

LJ11

I'll probably do both as well, no NCAA though. Will probably pick up NCAA, but once Madden releases I won't have much interest in it.

i'll finally have my internet back next thursday! yesssssssssss!

p.s. madden and ncaa league on ps3 already confirmed! although i might be convinced to play in a 360 league but i wouldn't run the league

Rorschach

I'm tempted to do both also, but I'm not sure yet. I've bought two versions of madden every year, anyway, but I dunno if I want to set myself up for more fail.

Glad to hear there will definitely be some regulars in the 360 league. Should be good. I've seen people mention they would have no problem running the 360 one and I just want to say that I too would have no problem running it.

AirBrian

sableholic said:
Glad to hear there will definitely be some regulars in the 360 league. Should be good. I've seen people mention they would have no problem running the 360 one and I just want to say that I too would have no problem running it.

Yeah, there will definitely be a 360 league, and by my count, probably at least 20-25 people with a good number of regulars.

Take that, RROD! You can't hold us back!!!

vumpler

360 only here. I'm down for both NCAA and Madden. However with NCAA it will be a week before I can get it. It will be a rental.

I can take my first week as a loss if need be or arrange a makeup game.

NFL Team: Panthers

NCAA Teams: UT or Vandy. (i'm from Nashville so it would be cool to use one of them. UT moreso than Vandy.) If Bonsevan plays in the league he would want vandy because he's a student there right now :lol (He's a bama fan though.)

I vote for someone starting the 360 NCAA and Madden thread.

CB isn't that you?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AirBrian said:
Yeah, there will definitely be a 360 league, and by my count, probably at least 20-25 people with a good number of regulars.

Take that, RROD! You can't hold us back!!!

Admit it, there's only going to be 5 of you. 2 of which are Vumpler and Bog

SNAP!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Ill play any and all seasons... I am a madden whore and my pockets know that... Get down with it DM... the libra in you needs the balance..

AirBrian

Lonestar said:

SNAP!
6. You know Truelize will be playing the 360 version for the achievements! We all make the playoffs! :D

Matrix

I'm 100% sure I'm getting Madden for the PS3,but I'm having second thoughts about Ncaa.I know I wont touch it when Madden starts :\ I waste money every year on it.

vumpler

Lonestar said:

SNAP!
It'll be nice being in a different Madden topic than you :) Won't have to read your stupid ass posts any longer. Will suck not having free wins from Seattle though

SNAP!

edit: snap added.

Matrix

IM OUT IM DONE KISS MY BONEY WHITE ASS MS IM DONE WITH THE 360

PICT0094.jpg

FUCKCKCKCKCKCKKCKCKC

DMczaf

Matrix said:
IM OUT IM DONE KISS MY BONEY WHITE ASS MS IM DONE WITH THE 360

PICT0094.jpg

FUCKCKCKCKCKCKKCKCKC

They always come in 3

1. Me
2. You
3. MRBOB!

It's coming for you Bob!

VOTE FOR PS3 IN '08!

Matrix

I swear to god,before the 360 I had never had a system break before and these fuckers wont stop dying on me.

Matrix

:lol I turned it on and this time it's working though it sounds like a bomb might explode,how the fuck did your 360 end up in my home Dm!?

Damn zombie shit,JUST DIE,so I can move on.

AirBrian

Hey, the Cubs have at least won a WS! Although, Theodore Roosevelt was the president when they won it 100 ****ing years ago. :-(

Top Bottom