• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Pre-Release Halo 2 Topic

Mrbob

The co-op issue takes another unexpected turn:

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=302503

Yesterday, 04:17 PM * #15
NeXuS1000

Re: Played Halo 2 today :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and if I should comment on the co-op issue. Well, I can't say anything specific for two reasons: NDA and there was no Live available. But I just wouldn't rule out anything yet...

Later in the same thread by the same guy:

Re: Played Halo 2 today :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, since OXM apparently said no, I guess it's no... but it doesn't make totally sense though.

Of everything I have read, I'm doing math in my head and I keep on getting 2+2 = 5

Something is up we don't know about . I guarantee it!

I%20want%20to%20believe.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ramirez said:
LoL,settin yourself up for dissapointment AGAIN?!For shame Bob!

yup.

if its in, then awesome, but literally EVERYTHING so far points to no.

Iceman

Just beat the HALO 1 on heroic tonight.. Wowfun. I can't believe my trigger finger hasn't fallen off yet. Moved on to Legendary (started in the second level) and it didn't take half an hour before I was crying.

If HALO 2 is better than this game.. well... that'd be... well that'd be really cool.

GhaleonEB

Iceman said:
Just beat the HALO 1 on heroic tonight.. Wowfun. I can't believe my trigger finger hasn't fallen off yet. Moved on to Legendary (started in the second level) and it didn't take half an hour before I was crying.

If HALO 2 is better than this game.. well... that'd be... well that'd be really cool.

Gotta ask: Crying with joy, frustration, or both?

I've been playing Legendary Halo on and off for a year and a half - and it has yet to get old. If Halo 2 is better and harder then all of Bungie deserve to be bronzed.

Mrbob

GhaleonEB said:
Gotta ask: Crying with joy, frustration, or both?

I've been playing Legendary Halo on and off for a year and a half - and it has yet to get old. If Halo 2 is better and harder then all of Bungie deserve to be bronzed.

From what I've read about Legendary in Halo 2 (From XBN mag) it looks like we are in for a treat! :D

Iceman

tears of pure, unadulterated pain.

The covenant own me and my pathetic pistol "skillz."

what should my tactic be? run away as far as I can, hide in a cave and wait until they die of boredom waiting for me?

Fifty

That's weird, I wonder which set of doors they'll open. You should phone ahead and see if they're selling it sooner, that's what I'm doing. Most stores said midnight at first, but I'm hearing almost every place in the states is selling it at around 7 tomorrow.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fifty said:
That's weird, I wonder which set of doors they'll open. You should phone ahead and see if they're selling it sooner, that's what I'm doing. Most stores said midnight at first, but I'm hearing almost every place in the states is selling it at around 7 tomorrow.

huh. 7 tomorrow. wtf you talking about lol

They'll probably be using the doors right beside Casey's

Fifty

Shit, I mean I'm phoning tomorrow and that they might sell it at 7 the next day. That's what I'm talking about!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm trying to figure out WTF you are trying to say. Malls don't open at 7 in Canada, they open at 9.

But whatever. It's also because people I know refer to 7-11 as Sev and Seven.

Mrbob

A little over 2 weeks left! FU EB for not opening at midnight! I shall find a place at midnight to get this game!

16 days!!!

By the way, before you take all OXM word as fact, they are also the mag that guaranteed Madden 2005 would not have online leagues. Look how that turned out...!

Fifty

DopeyFish said:
I'm trying to figure out WTF you are trying to say. Malls don't open at 7 in Canada, they open at 9.

But whatever. It's also because people I know refer to 7-11 as Sev and Seven.

EDIT: Jesus Christ, this is too funny!!!!!! I'm picking both Halo and GTA:SA at the same place, and I'm dead tired, so I must have been thinking about GTA when I typed this. Shit, there's my mistake....I was talking about GTA:SA, which I'm picking up on monday :lol :lol Owning myself like no other.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
LOL i just check out this review on www.topshop.com.au

Halo 2 is going to be huge!!

Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1, only it's Halo 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas ... And, the ninjas are all on fire, too."

If you own an XBOX buy this game!!
If you dont own and XBOX go buy one its worth it just for this game, but there are so many other amazing titles.

5/5 Stars

Blimblim

The Inside Track
The Halo 2 launch party will be something never seen before for a game here in France. MS will have rent the whole top floor of this :
archepyr1l.jpg

And invite 800 VIP there with the best DJs in town.
They will also have lots of stuff happening for "normal" people right under the arch.

The press wil be all over this.

border

Halo 2 cast list has been posted at IMDB (and apparently taken down at the behest of Microsoft/Bungie). They got a lot of experienced (and semi-well-known) folks to play roles. All their characters are known but I left them out since it might be semi-spoiler-ish.

Major Characters:

Julie Benz - Darla from Buffy/Angel
Dee Baker - voice of Spongebob Sqaurepants
Keith David - black dude from Barbershop, Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black, guy that does the "No Power Greater Than X" voice-over
Miguel Ferrer - balding older DEA agent dude from Traffic, and legendary for playing FBI Agent Albert Rosenfeld role in Twin Peaks
John Michael Higgins - from Best In Show and A Mighty Wind
Ron Perlman - Hellboy, Alien Resurrection, Blade 2, Batman: Animated Series
Michael Wincott - Strange Days, The Crow, Dead Man, Alien Resurrection

Minor Characters (voices for marines and grunts and stuff):

David Cross - Mr. Show, stand up comedian
Orlando Jones - The Replacements, annoying 7-Up spokesman, had his own short lived talk show
John Kassir - voice of The Crypt Keeper and Buster Bunny
Brian Posehn - Mr. Show, Mission Hill
Laura Prepon - redhead from That 70's Show
Michelle Rodriguez - Resident Evil, Fast and the Furious, Girlfight

Simo

That's a reasonbly good cast there, though how about John Hurt? It sounded like his voice in the leaked Theatrical Trailer with the line at the end: "They said this day would never come. What are they to say now?"

I believe Christopher Walken was also mentioned in an earlier Weekly Update when he stopped by the Bungie studios to help with the animation. Wonder if he lent his vocal talents too... :D

Fifty

border said:
Halo 2 cast list has been posted at IMDB (and apparently taken down at the behest of Microsoft/Bungie). They got a lot of experienced (and semi-well-known) folks to play roles. All their characters are known but I left them out since it might be semi-spoiler-ish.

Major Characters:

Julie Benz - Darla from Buffy/Angel
Dee Baker - voice of Spongebob Sqaurepants
Keith David - black dude from Barbershop, Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black, guy that does the "No Power Greater Than X" voice-over
Miguel Ferrer - balding older DEA agent dude from Traffic, and legendary for playing FBI Agent Albert Rosenfeld role in Twin Peaks
John Michael Higgins - from Best In Show and A Mighty Wind
Ron Perlman - Hellboy, Alien Resurrection, Blade 2, Batman: Animated Series
Michael Wincott - Strange Days, The Crow, Dead Man, Alien Resurrection

Minor Characters (voices for marines and grunts and stuff):

David Cross - Mr. Show, stand up comedian
Orlando Jones - The Replacements, annoying 7-Up spokesman, had his own short lived talk show
John Kassir - voice of The Crypt Keeper and Buster Bunny
Brian Posehn - Mr. Show, Mission Hill
Laura Prepon - redhead from That 70's Show
Michelle Rodriguez - Resident Evil, Fast and the Furious, Girlfight

Wow, that's really impressive. I'm so pumped that David Cross and Brian Posehn will be in freaking Halo 2...That's insane.

Fifty

julls said:
spongebob!

Tom Kenny (also from Mr. Show) is the voice is Spongebob. This guy must have been on the show, but he's not that character. Pretty impressive resume though.

border

Oh whoops.....IMDB says that he plays "Squilliam FancyPants/Customers/Vendors/others". Not sure if that is a major character in the show or just a one-episode character.

I looked up Ron Perlman, and I was surprised to see he has a pretty extensive career in voice acting in videogames and cartoons. He was in all 3 Batman animated shows (including the new one), and was the narrator for both Fallout games.....among many other things.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ron Perlman rules, he has an awesome, deep voice. He is really well suited for any badass character, plus he knows how to do his work.

To me, the best surprise is Keith David. From Childs in JC's The Thing, to even the horribly-over-played Navy: Accelerate your life! commercials and the BMW ads, he's got one hell of a great voice for entertainment, such as games. Ron Perlman is also a great surprise, but his best work will probably still remain in The Last Supper.

Dez

Anyone know if they added the abilty to map the 4 action buttons to the D-Pad? Without that it makes Southpaw controls pretty useless.. and after all these years i can get used to Halo controls - too used to Turok style - the LEFT analog should be used for aiming! I don't see how you guys can be more accurate with your right thumbs..

Dez

Ramirez said:
Im right handed ;)

So am I.. but how come in every game before Halo, first person aiming was always done on the left analog? I know that it makes sense to reverse the convention that was established with turok/goldeneye so that we have access to the four action buttons while moving.. but I can't seem to get used to them.

Why offer "southpaw" controls without making them completely functional? I mean it's impossible to move the tank and shoot the machine gun at the same time with southpaw.. this could easily be remedied by mapping the buttons to the D-Pad, which is currently doing nothing. Any chance that they've done that in Halo 2?

Top Bottom