• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Pre-Release Halo 2 Topic

Ramirez

Its even sweeter when I realize 4 of those are weekends,plus one day off for Election day,so I mean it will be here in no time for me :p

Bristow

Banned
I've played through Halo twice in the last week in anticipation of the sequel. I'm about to play through it again. Damn, I want this game.

Mrbob

Just to bring up old memories, here is an OLD pic of Halo before it was Xduderized and planned as a Tribes clone:

halo05.jpg

GhaleonEB

Mrbob said:
ARGH. YOU FORGOT THE BOLD!! AND THE EXPLANATION POINTS! GET EXCITED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

14 DAYS!!!!

I'm calling it 13 days since I'm not going to bed on the 8th until it's well into the 9th....

GhaleonEB

Guide to dual-wielding in Halo 2 is up at b.net.

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=dualwieldingguide&p=926441

First up, this is the list of weapons you CAN dual wield – all of which are guns the Chief ordinarily uses in a one-handed grip (Covenant Energy Sword is the single exception to this rule):

Covenant Plasma Pistol
Covenant Plasma Rifle
Covenant Needler
Covenant Weapon (unrevealed)
Human Pistol
Human SMG

Woot! I thought we knew all of the weapons!

IJoel

I just got the OXM with the Halo 2 review. Needless to say there are some juicy screenshots in there. I didn't break open the spoiler part. I fear.

Saturnman

Banned
Am I the only who thinks the plasma sword looks better in Halo 1 than it does in Halo 2? It looked promising in the Halo 2 demo at E3 2003, but after that, they made it look like candy and no longer glows. It looks like it is the final design.

GhaleonEB

Saturnman said:
Am I the only who thinks the plasma sword looks better in Halo 1 than it does in Halo 2? It looked promising in the Halo 2 demo at E3 2003, but after that, they made it look like candy and no longer glows. It looks like it is the final design.

It does glow, but instead of having this bright four-inch ring of glow around it actually lights surfaces subtley. And it's not static, like in Halo - it pulses and has static running up and down it. I think it looks wicked in motion.

Mrbob

13 days!!!

Nile Rogers website updated with a launch list of four different songs you can listen too now! Earth City is still there though. :D

ced

What am I missing here? There just 4 tracks on the left menu.

Edit

They must have gone up in the last hour, and I had it cached, a refesh added the 2 new ones.

Mrbob

Here is the track listing for the Halo 2 soundtrack:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246069.asp

1. Halo Theme Mjoiner Mix

2. Blow Me Away performed by Breaking Benjamin

3. Peril

4. Ghosts of Reach

5. Follow (1st Movement of Odyssey) performed by Incubus

6. Heretic, Hero

7. Flawed Legacy

8. Impend

9. Never Surrender performed by Nile Rogers and Nataraj

10. Ancient Machine

11. 2nd Movement of the Odyssey performed by Incubus

12. In Amber Clad

13. The Last Spartan

14. Orbit of Glass

15. 3rd Movement of the Odyssey performed by Incubus

16. Heavy Price Paid

17. Earth City

18. High Charity

19. 4th Movement of the Odyssey performed by Incubus

20. Rememberance

21. Connected performed by Hoobastank

GhaleonEB

op_ivy said:
am i the only one frothing for the dvd as well?

You mean the making-of in the LE? You bet. But don't watch it before you've beaten the game - Frankie warned that it's packed with spoilers.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Here's an article from HowStuffWorks.com (why?) featuring Bungie's Pete Parson talking about Halo 2 and the art of storytelling. Pretty interesting.

LINK

great read. thanks

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
GhaleonEB said:
You mean the making-of in the LE? You bet. But don't watch it before you've beaten the game - Frankie warned that it's packed with spoilers.

oh, dont worry about that ;)

:D

Mrbob

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Here's an article from HowStuffWorks.com (why?) featuring Bungie's Pete Parson talking about Halo 2 and the art of storytelling. Pretty interesting.

LINK

Wow. Nice find! Great read!

This pic is sweet:

halo-1.jpg

GhaleonEB

Mrbob said:
Wow. Nice find! Great read!

This pic is sweet:

halo-1.jpg

Bungie never explained that pic. It was one of the first eight released at E3 2004 where they showed off Zanzibar. That's the map, the MC has an emblem on his shoulder, but what the hell are the ODST's doing there? In a multiplayer map? Anyone?

Oh yeah - here's the BIG version of that screen:

H2_chiefandodsts.jpg

border

Exactly. If stores already have their copies of Halo 2, then the English version should be on the internet just about.........now.

MS can't be this stupid after already having the PAL version leaked. Either that or they have given up on keeping the game under wraps, and shipped it anyway.

Simo

Fifty said:
I wonder if this game will go on sale early (not days early, but earlier in the day, like GTA:SA)

According to EBgames, no it ain't happening. When I asked on Monday, the store manager said that the Midnight Madness launch WAS the early release and no sooner than that.

Top Bottom