• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Pre-Release Halo 2 Topic

Sai

They're probably just talking about the soundtrack in general.

Even if they were in, I would have no doubts. People have been singing nothing but praises for all things related to HALO 2's audio. That's probably the only thing that everybody will agree on universally about HALO 2. :p The thousands of dollars I spent on my speakers and receiver will not go to waste.

GhaleonEB

Mr. Lemming said:
Maybe its like the credit roll song?

And I think Marty's words were more along the lines of "There is no music in the game that I didn't want to be there"

Edit: HBO and IGN along with Bungie and MS confirm no online or link Co-Op

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/559/559923p1.html
http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=10986

That is true about what Marty said, but he said that right after specifying that he used instrumentals of some contributors music - not the full 'inspired-by' tracks.

This always bugged me about Halo 1, why is that head shots drain shields faster even though it's a shield, and not location dependent? I know it's for gameplay reason, but I'd love to hear a more science fiction explantion why.

GhaleonEB

Gorgie said:
This always bugged me about Halo 1, why is that head shots drain shields faster even though it's a shield, and not location dependent? I know it's for gameplay reason, but I'd love to hear a more science fiction explantion why.

They don't. In Halo headshots with your shield up do not do any more damage than being shot anywhere else. However, if that shot drops you shield and does any additional damage, then it counts as a full head shot. Thus three shots from the pistol in the back will drop you shield and do a little damage, but three shots to the head will drop your shield, and the third shot will register as a headshot and kill you.

ced

Bristow said:
That's one of the worst reviews, if you could call it that, I've ever read.

No kidding, if it even is one.

I bet it comes down soon, wasnt there some lock on online reviews? I bet IGN is fuming :D

So apparently he didnt post the "review" just the summary and score, to avoid violations?

Mrbob

15 days!!!

Online co-op post release I won't give up the dream!!!

I need to see this commercial! :D

Also, what are the chances of stores selling this game at 7PM on the 8th like San Andreas is being sold at 7pm tonight!

Oh and call your local EB! Mine isn't listed on the website as opening at midnight but I called them earlier and they are! YES!

ManaByte

Gold Member
HOLY SHIT. English version of that French ad just showed on G4 but with MORE FOOTAGE! IT KICKS FUCKING ASS!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
considering all Halo 2 reviews are embargoed till November 7th, xblgamers "review" is probably based on the pirate copy.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ManaByte said:
HOLY SHIT. English version of that French ad just showed on G4 but with MORE FOOTAGE! IT KICKS FUCKING ASS!

During what show? I think I'm gonna have to Tivo a random show and hope I get it. I want to see it on my TV :p

ManaByte

Gold Member
Wario64 said:
During what show? I think I'm gonna have to Tivo a random show and hope I get it. I want to see it on my TV :p

It was during the Digital Digs special.

Oh and the voice in the trailer is most definitely John Hurt (Alien, Hellboy, etc.)

Mrbob

I'm watching Monday Night CountDown I want to see this commercial!!

Picking up SA tonight but all I can think about is Halo 2!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Commercial just aired again during The Screen Savers. One of the new shots includes buses and cars on a highway being blown away by what looks like a nuke blast.

Christ, this is the internet. Someone, somewhere had to have captured it by now.

Halo fans must be a bunch of lazy bitches. If this were a Nintendo game, the hive would've mobilized and gotten this thing on the net and disected it in no time.

Spike

Mrbob said:
Also, what are the chances of stores selling this game at 7PM on the 8th like San Andreas is being sold at 7pm tonight!

No chance in hell, sadly. Midnight and not a second before.

KAOS

WOW, a new sci-fi movie is coming out...HOLY SHIT that's HALO 2!!! My reaction while watching the commercial.

HAlO 2 commercial > Metroid Prime 2 commercial

Burger

Spike said:

Bullshit.

I GUARANTEE you I'll have my copy early. And not just because I'm in the country that gets it before the states.

Fifty

Spike said:

I really hope that's the case. I like the idea of a set time that these mega-games go on sale. GTA was originally 12:01 tomorrow, but they changed it to 7:01 today, that's fine, but I wouldn't mind them keeping this at midnight of the 9th.

So does anyone have any idea what channels or during what shows that the commercial is airing on a semi regular basis? I've got a several reports from work that I'm currently typing up right now and I've got the TV running in the background just so I can catch this stupid thing.

KAOS

I believe they're showing the commercial during RAW. There is two versions. One with a Cortana voice opening and the shorter one with the Prophet's voice opening. I like the Prophet one better.

IJoel

KAOS said:
I believe they're showing the commercial during RAW. There is two versions. One with a Cortana voice opening and the shorter one with the Prophet's voice opening. I like the Prophet one better.

They just showed it on G4TV. I missed half of it. DAMMIT! It looked badass from the little I saw.

Same as the French one but actually understanding what they are saying and seeing a cleaner version makes me take my hat off to the Microsoft Marketing department.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I'm so fucking stoked. I just keep repeating the commercial over and over.

I haven't had this much anticipation for a videogame since Mario 64.
The commercial fuckin rocks. I'm stoked for the game as well.

Top Bottom