• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Pre-Release Halo 2 Topic

GhaleonEB

The high-res ad is awesome. Tons of extra details are now visable. Me happy.

Not sure about the TXB video - they never clarified that I can see.

GhaleonEB

cool_dude_2049 said:
can anyone link me to the video?

i'm at skool and its blocked

the only thing that isn't blocked is the forums

and they are down

High-res 60 second ad:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...o2_AlreadyHere_60s_Textless_1Mbps_640x480.wmv

High-res multiplayer feature:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...6-a647-b3f2da348db2/Halo2_Multiplayer_2mb.wmv

Low-res muliplayer feature:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...6-a647-b3f2da348db2/Halo2_Multiplayer_1mb.wmv

Mrbob

Ohhh, can you record your own videos in Halo 2?

They show the menu screen in the multiplayer video and I paused it there. The title screen has these options:

Campaign
Xbox Live
Split Screen
System Link
Options
Saved Films

:O

IJoel

They removed the Saved Films feature!?

WHY!?

Damn you Bungie! No online co-op and no goody saved films feature either. Weaksauce... very very weaksauce.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
IJoel said:
They removed the Saved Films feature!?

WHY!?

Damn you Bungie! No online co-op and no goody saved films feature either. Weaksauce... very very weaksauce.

yeah, makes me wonder what the popular feature from marathon and myth is that is in halo 2, since its not saved films. maybe they were working on it for the final? or could it have just been a tool they used for screens and whatnot?

Deku Tree

I was looking forward to that feature...

EDIT: That seems like a pretty big slip up if they put it into this video that will be on every collectors edition DVD but it's not in the final game.

Bristow

Banned
Anyone happen to have the links for those wallpapers that were on the official site? I can't seem to find them via a forum search.

GhaleonEB

Deku Tree said:
I was looking forward to that feature...

EDIT: That seems like a pretty big slip up if they put it into this video that will be on every collectors edition DVD but it's not in the final game.

Well, it's a making-of doc. When making a game some features get dropped. That said, it's possible they moved the 'saved films' to another submenu, not on the main screen.

It would be nice, and Frankie said it was in a past update, but I'm not sweating it. The Live features sound insane. Getting online and into a game in five seconds? Sign me up.

Lakitu

st5fu
Guys, two new tracks have been added to the listening station at nilerodgers.com, The Last Spartan and
Ghosts of Reach
which seems to be "Remembrance" in one form or another, have a listen for yourselves :D

Oh god damnit.. GoR has just made it official.. this soundtrack will be mine.. (I was holding off.. a few of the tracks were just meh but when the drums kick in on GoR... ownage..)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I hope the last spartan is in the game somewhere, its still the best track out of all the ones ive heard.

Ramirez

When I go to the HTML version of the site it makes me download the song on to my PC...so you can get them that way...

GhaleonEB

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
It ain't the entire Earth City song, but you can download a 2 minute sample MP3 here: LINK

Earth City gives me goosebumps when I listen to it. Such a fucking awsome song.

Yeah, it's incredible. I was stunned when I listened to it at work - so rousing.

Mrbob

I wish they would release this CD a couple days early! :D

In game music is phenomenal! This snippets are outstanding!

IJoel

I am very disappointed Microsoft didn't recruit a major music company for the release of this album. I hope distribution is decent and I don't have to go out of my way to order the album online.

The distribution of the first Halo soundtrack was awful. Marty, if you want big bucks, get a better distributor. This soundtrack has tons of potential for big sales and the only thing that will hinder it is lack of advertising and distribution.

Bristow

Banned
I think the only game I've played with music on par with what I've heard of the Halo 2 sdtk is WoW. But then, I think Halo 2's might be even better. Awesome stuff.

op_ivy

IJoel said:
I am very disappointed Microsoft didn't recruit a major music company for the release of this album. I hope distribution is decent and I don't have to go out of my way to order the album online.

The distribution of the first Halo soundtrack was awful. Marty, if you want big bucks, get a better distributor. This soundtrack has tons of potential for big sales and the only thing that will hinder it is lack of advertising and distribution.

sounds like all the stores will have the cd on the 9th as well. isnt it going through a decent distrubuter now, and thats why there are mainstream bands lending their "talents" to the soundtrack?

IJoel

op_ivy said:
sounds like all the stores will have the cd on the 9th as well. isnt it going through a decent distrubuter now, and thats why there are mainstream bands lending their "talents" to the soundtrack?

They distributed the soundtrack for Halo afaik. Did you see wide distribution for that one? I know I didn't, which is why I'm concerned.

SA-X

Just played 5 hours of 12 player Halo 2 multiplayer (first time playing the game), needless to say, it kicks ass.

op_ivy

SA-X said:
Just played 5 hours of 12 player Halo 2 multiplayer (first time playing the game), needless to say, it kicks ass.

lockout,ascension and zanzibar 4 life!

Lakitu

st5fu
Oh hell, I'm so amped :D it's getting great review scores. GOTY!! Can't wait! How many days is it now? 10 for US, Japan etc and 12 for us UKlians and the rest of Europe?

Gorey

Wow, Ghosts of Reach: +100000. Holy crap.

My only big 'worry' about Halo 2 comes from watching that E3 video aways back. As cool as that was, it was very heavily scripted/on rails. I don't mind linear gameplay so much, but locked-in scripty-type linear...not so good.

GhaleonEB

Gorey said:
Wow, Ghosts of Reach: +100000. Holy crap.

My only big 'worry' about Halo 2 comes from watching that E3 video aways back. As cool as that was, it was very heavily scripted/on rails. I don't mind linear gameplay so much, but locked-in scripty-type linear...not so good.

That was a demo created just for E3, before the AI code was really there. It was heavily scripted, but none of that stuff is in the game.

GhaleonEB

Here's a composition of the new media on the nilesrodgers.com site, from the Halo 2 soundtrack player background:

nilerogers4tile.jpg

Found it at HBO.

Oh, and a high-res render of the new enemy, the drone, is on the Halo 2 site. Someone extracted it as well (I'm not considering it a spoiler since it's been in 2 mags and is featured in the new commercials):

drone.jpg

Nasty looking guy - can't wait to shoot those wings off and watch him fall (EGM said you can do that) :D

Top Bottom