• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Street Fighter IV Tournament! XBL/PSN!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Bdizzle, contact Guero since you are coming in place of Archie who dropped.

I repeat...

Bdizzle vs. Guero instead of Archie vs. Guero

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I agree about the predictability of my upball on wakeup. I have to work on that more, but really it's super effective in most situations (probably why I try it every time). The rest of my game's problem with predictability is that when I dont know what to do sometimes, I tend to keep wanting to do SOMETHING (with predictable results) while I'm thinking and perhaps it's better to do nothing and block for a bit than to do something which is telegraphed. Sometimes my game is just *ON* and I'm very good at mixing up and sometimes I fall into that rut.

Thanks for pointing it out though. I can take criticism and I appreciate that you let me know what you think my biggest problem was during that matchup. I'll continue to work on it as I try to be a better player, but I really need to play against more Honda. Truthfully, part of it is mindset. I know I have trouble with that matchup so I kinda psyche myself out sometimes.

Well, vs Blanka- it's one of the matchups where I think Honda is best suited to turtle. Most matchups he either runs away or rushes down, but Honda is turtle vs Blanka. Blocked fierce headbutt= free slide, and Blanka's offense is real hard for Honda to get out of on wakeup. Predictability is the worst thing you can do though- as simply put, if the other guy knows what you're going to do, basically you just kill yourself, he doesn't have to take any risks to win.

Oh, and don't spam ultra vs Honda unless you're in his face on knockdown, Honda can ultra your ultra, or EX headbutt to trade and win in damage.

I get into that rut too- there's two characters I really fear as Honda, and I end up playing worse against them usually.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
And now, for the past few days, I haven't been able to get my Xbox to power up. Great -_-

I'll just forefit my match to AZ Greg. Sorry :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lost Fragment said:
And now, for the past few days, I haven't been able to get my Xbox to power up. Great -_-

Ill mark the forfeits by Monday so... try to get it on :lol

Won

Phatsaqs vs Won (2,0)

He got lucky there!

Nah, I'm making no excuses here. My own damn fault choosing a character I barely played over the last few weeks. :lol

I will have my revenge in the finals!

I'm sooo out of the tournament after the next game. :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
ptown said:
GG, man. Nice comebacks (especially the Chun).

You're right: PSN kicked our asses!

PSN is the hardest opponent you will ever face in Street Fighter. :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Welp, Arde kicked my ass 2-0.

Gave me some good insight into that matchup. If we could play again that would be great.

GG! :D

Arde5643

SF4 XBL Round 1 bracket:
Arde vs rentahamster - (2,0)

GGs rentahamster - let me know whenever you want to do friendlies.

AZ Greg

Lost Fragment said:

Sorry to hear that. If you do get up and running today, shoot me a PM, I should be around.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XBL Fights that remain:
sonicspeat 64 vs. Takerz
Ultim vs. catfish
Bob White vs. BigKidd.

PSN Fights:
proddystopian vs. captmcblack

Get them on =O!

Relix said:
XBL Fights that remain:
sonicspeat 64 vs. Takerz
Ultim vs. catfish
Bob White vs. BigKidd.

PSN Fights:

Get them on =O!
Man why are these like the same fucking people that took forever in the last tourney.. Its like Im having dejavu.

Lyte Edge beats Nintendo Punk 2-1 (3-1, 2-3, 3-1).

Dang not satisfied with my performance there. I will blame half of it on lag, especially in the beginning and the other half on not adapting well to Lyte Edge's strategies. I kept getting thrown in the air >_< That's honestly what killed me the most. I took some vids, will post when uploaded.

ggs Lyte Edge.

Lyte Edge

XBL Winner's Bracket Round 2
-----------------------------------
Lyte Edge Vs. My Dingling

Lyte Edge wins, 8-5

Match Breakdown:

Match 1: I picked Chun-Li, My Dingling stuck with Cammy for the whole session. This match went at a brisk pace with a lot of quick pokes and acrobatics from the two of us; lots of air time from throws and hooligan combos was going on! I took this match 3-1.

Match 2: Same character selection. My Dingling gets his revenge against me after really revving up the pace; this match went blazing fast and he really got me good with tons of well-timed/placed hooligan maneuvers! My Dingling wins, 2-3.

Match 3: I switched up to Cammy for the final match. I haven't played many Cammy mirror matches myself, so this was very interesting. The pace of our match ended up going slower as one slip-up from either one of us meant a beating! It was tough getting close-in a lot of the time. I went light on the cannon spikes and spiral arrows and won with a lot of throws. 3-1, Me.

Very enjoyable game My Dingling; let's play again soon! Also you have the best XBL profile! :lol

Good breakdown Lyte. Cammy mirror matches are ridiculous, I lost one right before we played our matches. You'd think they'd go fast as heck but it ends up being the opposite since both are being so careful. The cammy I played did nothing but backdash the whole time -_-

But dang your air throws where ridiculous. You had me completely figured out @_@ :lol

Oh and what part of my profile? The kop killing? The hurrr? The Lincoln? It's ALL good ;)

ultim8p00

Banned
Relix said:
XBL Fights that remain:
sonicspeat 64 vs. Takerz
Ultim vs. catfish
Bob White vs. BigKidd.

PSN Fights:

Get them on =O!

Like I said, Catfish said he was going on a 2-week vacation so I'm assuming he is still on vacation. I've sent him a friend request on LIVE and I'm waiting.

EDIT:

Im euro based and going on vacation on friday for 2 whole weeks. does that count me out?

If it does, that's fine.

If not

catfish
XBL GT: armedcatfish
Primary: Blanka
Secondary: no idea. uh.... BISON

Lyte Edge

myDingling said:
Good breakdown Lyte. Cammy mirror matches are ridiculous, I lost one right before we played our matches. You'd think they'd go fast as heck but it ends up being the opposite since both are being so careful. The cammy I played did nothing but backdash the whole time -_-

Yeah, I really have very little experience in both Cammy and Chun-Li mirror matches (I barely ever get to fight other Chuns), so I took what I'd do with other characters and applied to the way I use Cammy as best I could. Since we both had to get right up on each other to really do anything, the whole match was slower and more calculated. Very tough!

But dang your air throws where ridiculous. You had me completely figured out @_@ :lol

I dunno if it was due to the lag or what, but there were some rounds where I just couldn't seem to crouch low and avoid those hooligans even when I knew they were coming. So I did my best to try and time air throws or avoid them...was on the edge of my seat the whole time! :lol

Oh and what part of my profile? The kop killing? The hurrr? The Lincoln? It's ALL good ;)

The "HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...." part that went on and on. Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I saw that! :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ok time for Round 2 Updates!! There are Round 1 matches to be done... you guys have 24 hours or I'll begin the forfeit process. I know certain people have problems and I will accomodate to that, but others that I have no contact from will go to random winner/loser unless I am contacted by one side of the party or something.

Round 2 will end Wednesday June 24th at 11:59PM EST That's this week, the weekend, and I gave you guys a few additional days thanks to Father's day and some people can't play that Sunday.

Brackets as of now for both consoles:

PSN
n5216b.jpg

XBL
2mq53za.jpg

People who have contact me
1. Prodystopian: If your opponent doesn't come back in 24 hours you get the win.
2. ultim: I will give you the win if he doesn't contact you or come back from vacation.

BigKidd nor Bob White have contacted me. I will choose a winner randomly in this case. Sorry, I will not let the tournament get held =P.

EDIT: I forgot to put in the Arstal vs. Avatar fight. I added it to the bracket after I noticed the mistake =P. Will show up in the next bracket revision =O

PSN Round 2 Bracket:
Teknopathetic vs. Eraldo_Coil (2,0)

PSN Round 3 Bracket:
Teknopathetic vs. FindMyFarms (1,2)

GGs guys. FindMyFarms, I'm coming for you from losers! WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE.

Teknopathetic said:
PSN Round 2 Bracket:
Teknopathetic vs. Eraldo_Coil (2,0)

PSN Round 3 Bracket:
Teknopathetic vs. FindMyFarms (1,2)

GGs guys. FindMyFarms, I'm coming for you from losers! WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE.
oh wow.

I wish there was a replay of FMF vs Tekno.

I'd watch that any day.

It was a really close match even though Tek was "rusty." I think the time away probably made him better.

Tek, I wouldn't be surprised if you came out of losers, but you know Killa aint no joke lol. Also no one's heard of him but PTown is also really good (I played him a few times once and his game stuck in my memory.)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Looking at the brackets... I am seeing that some of the "elite" guys here, like Yeb and Sasa, played Brawl :lol They are also good at SF4 it seems... and hey back in the day we had nice matches... until everyone discovered fucking Snake >_>.

Time to find ways to counter a Rose with Chun =O!

Won

TurtleSnatcher said:
Won what times do you play in the US since you are some foreign person who lives on like the moon.

*scratches head*

Well if you ask like that, I'm available between 17:00 - 24:00 (greenwich moon time +1) most of the time!

That's 10 am - 5 pm for you, but I can easily add up to 3 hours in the night. Doable?

Won said:
*scratches head*

Well if you ask like that, I'm available between 17:00 - 24:00 (greenwich moon time +1) most of the time!

That's 10 am - 5 pm for you, but I can easily add up to 3 hours in the night. Doable?
Fudge.

Lets wait for the weekend.

I unfortunately work Monday - Friday.

Lyte Edge

PSN Losers' Bracket Match Round 2
-----------------------------------------
Lyte Edge vs. Yakisoba (2,0)

Lyte Edge wins, 6-1

Match Breakdown:

Match 1: I picked Chun-Li, Yakisoba went with Sagat. In this initial game, I had the upper hand for most of the match, baiting a lot of Tiger Uppercuts out of Yakisoba. I took this one 3-0.

Match 2: Same characters again. The pace ramped up as Yakisoba got used to my play style and began to do some baiting and countering of his own! He got me good with an Ultra in round two (or was it round one?) to finish the match, but I came back and took it again, 3-1.

I think there was some confusion after this. We were done playing but I wanted to keep going and do some player matches with Yakisoba, but I think he thought we needed to play another match. We did a Cammy vs. Bison match that was REALLY CLOSE and right down to the wire, which I won with barely any life left, 3-2. Yakisoba plays a really good Dictator and I think you should have used him in match one or two! He was ready to counter pretty much everything I had with Cammy!

Would definitely like to play more with you man, good connection and fun bouts! :)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
^ I like your summaries :D

Yeah I know there is confusion after a match. Remember guys... one of you two MUST WIN TWICE, after that they are just fun games =P

ptown

FindMyFarms said:
It was a really close match even though Tek was "rusty." I think the time away probably made him better.

Tek, I wouldn't be surprised if you came out of losers, but you know Killa aint no joke lol. Also no one's heard of him but PTown is also really good (I played him a few times once and his game stuck in my memory.)

Aww, shucks! :lol

I remember you beating my tail in some online games.

Vard

PSN Losers' Bracket Match Round 2
Vard vs. BadlyCookedTurkey (2,1)
Sakura vs. Sakura!

Vard wins, 7-5 (pretty sure that was the right count)

Match Breakdown:

We had a 1-bar connection but decided to play it anyway. Slight lag was there but it was still playable.

Match 1: I won the first round... then lost 3 straight. Ouch.

Match 2: It went to round 5 and down to the wire. It could have been anyone's match to win. I pulled off some crucial Ultras and Specials in this one. Turkey's better at juggling than I am though; I should work on that some more.

Match 3: I think I won 3-0 here. Good sign for me that I improved every match.

PS: Thanks for the format, Lyte Edge. Hope you don't mind me using it. :lol And GGs again, Turkey. Our Sakura mirror matches are really fun.

CaptMcBlack always seems to be really hard to get a hold of. I say you just DQ him and let Akachan play Eraldo. On that note, how is it they always seem to play against each other in every tourney lol.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
FindMyFarms said:
CaptMcBlack always seems to be really hard to get a hold of. I say you just DQ him and let Akachan play Eraldo. On that note, how is it they always seem to play against each other in every tourney lol.

I will probably use a sub if he doesn't come back in 2 days.

FindMyFarms said:

god hates me

i never have, and probably never will beat Akachan...

Top Bottom