• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Thread of the PS3 Madden '10 GAF Online Franchise

mbmonk

Everyone gets it. You want to be able to go for it on 4th down, whenever you want. Some agree; some don't. But rehashing the same argument again and again isn't going to change people's minds.

EDIT: Another thing, if going for it on 4th is soooo stupid as you suggest then why are you fighting for it? You wouldn't go for it on 4th, because it's stupid right? So you are fighting for the right of some unknown fool, who we cannot name, in our league to behave in a stupid manner? You are expending a lot of time and energy for something you aren't going to do.

Nightz

mbmonk said:
GG Nightz. You really should have won that game to be honest. The 1 TD pass I had was being thrown to my TE, but your defender hit my QB as he was throwing and the pass ended up going to my WR instead. Your DB wigs out and runs away from the pass for some reason. So yea.. it was garbage. You played well

I have to ask, 3 questions really, did you mean to go no huddle on the goal line on 3rd down early in the 4th? And are you a Falcons fan? If so how did you end up on the west coast?

GG and I look forward to the real game with you when the league kicks off. :)
Haha yeah I went no huddle on purpose. I was determined to get the HB dive to work! :lol Those were nice stops on 1st and 2nd though.

I'm not really a Falcons fan, but I am a Michael Turner fan. I live in San Diego (Charger fan) and loved the guy when he was here. SD was taken when I signed up so I went with the Falcons.

Dynamic3

mbmonk said:
EDIT: Another thing, if going for it on 4th is soooo stupid as you suggest then why are you fighting for it? You wouldn't go for it on 4th, because it's stupid right? So you are fighting for the right of some unknown fool, who we cannot name, in our league to behave in a stupid manner? You are expending a lot of time and energy for something you aren't going to do.

Dynamic3 said:
As I've said before, I'm not going to be going for every 4th down, but what I will be doing is a random fake punt every once in a while to catch my opponent off-guard regardless of the score, ball position, or quarter; and I don't want to have to forfeit my win or get booted from the league as a result.

Flunkie

Banned
Good game tonight, WebWarrior. You scared the shit out of me at the end. You really should have won the game. I passed like total shit and couldn't read any of your coverages. I finally smartened up and played man defense against your out routes, which were killing me in the first half.

Great Game Flunkie! I was soooo pissed after throwing the first 2 ints. I hung in there, but you played great down the stretch. That 4th down conversion was nice. Fucking Branch dropped a few balls and if he keeps that up I'm gonna drop his ass on the depth chart. LOL

I was going to try and play with my mic, but I can't seem to find it right now. Maybe next game.

mbmonk

My apologies. The fool has a name. :)

Plus you edit that part in later. I had already read your original post that lacked that part. So don't act as if I didn't read your post orignally. Normally I don't read ... at all... but this time you added that after the fact.

Now the post at the top of the page where you mention the same thing... errr... yea... uh... I forgot! Does that count?

mbmonk

Nightz said:
Haha yeah I went no huddle on purpose. I was determined to get the HB dive to work! :lol Those were nice stops on 1st and 2nd though.

I'm not really a Falcons fan, but I am a Michael Turner fan. I live in San Diego (Charger fan) and loved the guy when he was here. SD was taken when I signed up so I went with the Falcons.

Honestly, I think you got in the very first time when you ran it from the 10 and got tackled into the endzone. So I was shocked when they said you didn't get in. So that whole set of goaline plays, that ate time off the clock, shouldn't have taken place. But I understand why you didn't challenge it. You need the TO's.

It really is sick how much talent SD has/had at RB these past few years. LT is once in a generation, much less Turner and Sproles ;).

As I've said before, I'm not going to be going for every 4th down, but what I will be doing is a random fake punt every once in a while to catch my opponent off-guard regardless of the score, ball position, or quarter; and I don't want to have to forfeit my win or get booted from the league as a result.

Look, I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, but I think we've said that like 50 times that that sort of thing is perfectly fine.

Dynamic3

mbmonk said:
My apologies. The fool has a name. :)

Plus you edit that part in later. I had already read your original post that lacked that part. So don't act as if I didn't read your post orignally. Normally I don't read ... at all... but this time you added that after the fact.

Now the post at the top of the page where you mention the same thing... errr... yea... uh... I forgot! Does that count?

Lol I wasn't trying to act like you hadn't read my original post, it's all good though! (although technically I edited that part in a good 12m before your post :))

gregor7777 said:
Look, I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, but I think we've said that like 50 times that that sort of thing is perfectly fine.

Haha yeah I'll just drop it already, let's play some Madden!

Jtrizzy

You can fake punt as much as you want...that is totally different. Glad to see yall playing some games, I'm gonna get on as soon as Shadow Complex is done d/ling (I hate gay people ;)

Flunkie

Banned
TheyCallMeMoney said:
Great Game Flunkie! I was soooo pissed after throwing the first 2 ints. I hung in there, but you played great down the stretch. That 4th down conversion was nice. Fucking Branch dropped a few balls and if he keeps that up I'm gonna drop his ass on the depth chart. LOL

I was going to try and play with my mic, but I can't seem to find it right now. Maybe next game.
Yeah.. I hate how if you don't use your mic after awhile, it loses its charge. I always forget to charge my mic and I always end up not playing with it - so it's no biggie.

I couldn't believe my luck with those two interceptions. You should have had me 14 to zip pretty early there - would have never imagined two red zone pickoffs. But for real, when the game was tied up at 17 going into the two minute warning, I thought for SURE that you were going to march down and win it with a field goal. If you would have used those short outs or over-the-middle routes and set up for 3, I would have been toast. And yes, I love Branch now. :p He dropped at least two crucial for-sure first down balls at the end.

And I'll admit, I got excited when Matt Hasselbeck got hurt. My next defensive play? Fire Blitz the backup :D . O-Line stopped it, Seneca got a good pass off, and everything went back to normal the next down. :lol

Jtrizzy said:
OK, so I resent the invites to the following: (is it possible I have the wrong PSN ID? spelling below is how I have it in on my PS3)

gregor_7777
ojdakiller
gscottforthewin

Tbkkiller and Gloomy Pickle are waiting for the game.
Union Carbine is going to activate later tonight.

Let's get some games rolling today/tonight if possible!

Dskillz and Oneheero(f1nestone) you guys can play the computer for your games, since your opponents in week one are still waiting on the game.

Gscottforthewin, same for you unless we can get the Jags done tonight.

I will move the league forward at the time I posted earler (2 am EST on Monday)

Gregor, I will create a (mostly) finalized OP when I get home tonight. I'll be done with it by tomorrow.

As far as the fourth down thing--I'm putting my foot down on this one. There will be some kind of rule, although I will try to be as liberal as possible with it, as I do understand where Mr. Blonde is coming from.

The whole reason we are doing this league is so that we don't have to play against fucktards who run the hurry up same play on 4th and 8 from their own 35 in the first quarter of a tied game.
Anybody officially have the Jags as their team yet?

Jtrizzy

So Gloomy Pickle and TBkkiller are waiting on the game, Union Carbine has activated and just needs to accept my invite, and Kryptonic83 needs to add me and activate so I can send the invite.

Thanks for getting this out of the way guys. Feel free to play any games you like, let me know of any irregularities or whatever.

I'll be playing Shadow Complex mostly tonight, but I'll check in with the chat room and here every so often to see what's up. My connection is bad, and it often disconnects, so just post here or send me a PSN message if need be.

Jtrizzy

shit I meant to change that. I did that just to do my first game quickly to test it. I'll put on 7 w/ acc clock if I can ever get logged back into PSN.

CB3 said:
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2007/01/06/romo-large.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DHkT0fPRuOc/SVgtW2iga1I/AAAAAAAAAOI/jfR319jb-6g/s400/RomoFail.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/82782/romo.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

CB3
[B]CoooooldBlooooded[/B]
(Yesterday, 01:35 AM)
Reply | Quote

[IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/1zgth0m.jpg
2rr5j7b.jpg

Jtrizzy

Jags are open. Damnit. guy's excuse was that he gameflyed and wasn't good enough to play. What, were you going to keep it rented for the duration of a 2-3 month franchise?

mbmonk

Dynamic3 said:
(although technically I edited that part in a good 12m before your post :))

You see why I love and hate GAF at the same time? It takes me 30 minutes to read a post, formulate a reply, and then type it out. GAF = PAIN for my Simple Jack brain.

Just kidding, actually you edited that part a good 12m before my last edit to that post. So my original post was up well before the time stamp you are referring to.

Regardless... I HAVE AN IDEA.. sort of.
Rough 4th down proposal:
You can go for it anytime in the second half, but you can only go for it in the first half if you are down more than 14 points (aka 15 or more points). If you are only down 2 TD's ( 14 points ) then the second half is enough time for you to come back.

Thoughts? Flames?

mbmonk

Jtrizzy said:
Jags are open. Damnit. guy's excuse was that he gameflyed and wasn't good enough to play. What, were you going to keep it rented for the duration of a 2-3 month franchise?

It's not that surprising... he is a Jags fan... not exactly the brightest bunch if you know what I mean. Just Kidding Jags fans :).

Honestly the reason I bought the game was strictly because of the GAF league. Otherwise I would have rented it. But if you are going to play in the league.. just man up and buy the game.

mbmonk

oneHeero said:
tried playing my game last night but couldnt log onto our franchise. servers were unavailable

I had a similar issue. It kept telling that it couldn't connect to the Franchise servers. I quit the game and started it up again and it let me on the Franchise servers. Weird but it worked.

Flunkie said:
Yeah.. I hate how if you don't use your mic after awhile, it loses its charge. I always forget to charge my mic and I always end up not playing with it - so it's no biggie.

I couldn't believe my luck with those two interceptions. You should have had me 14 to zip pretty early there - would have never imagined two red zone pickoffs. But for real, when the game was tied up at 17 going into the two minute warning, I thought for SURE that you were going to march down and win it with a field goal. If you would have used those short outs or over-the-middle routes and set up for 3, I would have been toast. And yes, I love Branch now. :p He dropped at least two crucial for-sure first down balls at the end.

And I'll admit, I got excited when Matt Hasselbeck got hurt. My next defensive play? Fire Blitz the backup :D . O-Line stopped it, Seneca got a good pass off, and everything went back to normal the next down. :lol

Yea the first and second drive I had I thought I was going to smoke you in the passing game, but I knew like any good madden player you were going to figure out how to stop my little out routes and then I was going to have to get more creative. I need a better power running game. I just don't trust Jones to get me those 5-6 yards when I really need them. When one guy touches him he just falls down. He had that 1 good run, but I think that was just a good play and def was just out of position.

The first int was totally my fault trying to be "vick" like throwing the ball on the run. I saw the guy freaking standing there, but I was trying to lob it over him. Then the second int I just miss read the coverage and led the WR to far out and your guy was right there. Not sure if it was man or he was just zoning back into coverage, but he was right in the money spot.

I started yelling at Hasselbeck and calling him a pussy when he got hurt. LOL I figured you might think that I would go with a run play when the back up came in so I went quick pass.

On your last score I figured you were going to get points regardless of what I ran...So I figured I would blitz and either A) Cause a fumble or int or B) Let you get a quick score and I could have around 45 seconds - 1 min to come back and tie. My plan backfired..LOL

Hopefully I can find my mic and you can hear me screaming at my guys when they screw up. I'm pretty funny to laugh at when I get pissed off at the game. LOL I'm going to practice some more with the Seahawks and come up with new game plan. Can't wait for the real franchise to start!! :D

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
OJdaKiller, can you play your game with me (Lions) today? I will be available after 6 Central time.

Nightz

gregor7777 said:
I think it's the right way to go. WTF is up with that anyway? It happens sooo often.
Yeah they're fixing it in the first patch, so I say we should decline them until then.

http://twitter.com/Ryan_Ferwerda

Here's some details.

Also, fingers crosses, look for a new updated version of the website this afternoon. VHiglights fixed and more.

So... pretty big change coming to Madden Online this morning that you should all be happy about. Should be finished in 30 minutes.

Ok, it's done. So, here's the deal. Game speed for all Online head to head games (including Fracnhise) is now SLOW.

Played the CPU last night (because the Jags are open) and won 3-0. That has to be the worst offensive game for P. Manning, as I only had 91 yards passing :lol. Atleast, longer qtrs and the change to slow game speed will help. I suck at normal speed on All-Pro :D.

Jtrizzy

GQman2121 said:
The quarter length needs to be doubled or I'm just wasting my fucking time with this league.

It's just a test league, no need to get up in arms. What would you guys like me to change it to for now?

Also great news about the patching of game speed, that is worth waiting for imo.

mbmonk

GQman2121 said:
The quarter length needs to be doubled or I'm just wasting my fucking time with this league.

metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20080605015035458-000.jpg

Show me your RAGE!

:p

EDIT: I actually had the hardest time with that boss fight.

oneHeero

7mins+ is my vote. Havent checked the 360 rules but if they are common sense rules and no pussy shit or absurd rules than I dont see why not.

Will be playing my game today or tomorrow. Cowboys preseason today, so probably right after :D

Thank god they're getting that patch out early. That field goal glitch cost me not 1 but 2 games online. Terrible.

And yeah, I vote for 7 min quarters. Very cool that they are moving the speed to slow online as well. Game plays much better like that, IMO.

And I apologize if I'm a little confused, but is this league going to be reset once we really get started, or will you send out new invites to a new league. Thanks!

And with rocket catching or user controlled catches, how do we monitor that? If someone does it do we report it to you Jtrizzy, and then you give the other person the win or something? I would appreciate it if you explained this a little more so I know what to do if I see someone doing it.

mbmonk

CartridgeBlower said:
And with rocket catching or user controlled catches, how do we monitor that? If someone does it do we report it to you Jtrizzy, and then you give the other person the win or something? I would appreciate it if you explained this a little more so I know what to do if I see someone doing it.

My guess is you would have to save the replay of the user doing the rocket catch. Just saying someone did it, wouldn't be enough. You can save highlights and upload them to your EA sports account profile page... thingy.

Top Bottom