• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Thread of the PS3 Madden '10 GAF Online Franchise

mbmonk said:
My guess is you would have to save the replay of the user doing the rocket catch. Just saying someone did it, wouldn't be enough. You can save highlights and upload them to your EA sports account profile page... thingy.

I think you'd need a replay or several people with the same claim from successive games.

Jtrizzy

Great news about the patch. Hopefully that hits soon. I don't really have feelings one way or the other about quarter length, 8 minutes maybe as a compromise.

j-wood

Just saw the official thread here, have the titans been locked away yet? That's who I would like to play as.

PSN ID: J-Wood

I say Jtrizzy and Gregor just get together and take what everyone has said into consideration for the league rules. Then just make them how you want the league to be run. After that if people don't want to play then they can just drop out. I commend you guys for running a "test" franchise and getting everyone's opinion. At some point you just have to set your foot down and run it the way you want to. I am a commish of a FF league and if someone doesn't want to play because of my rules I don't take it personally. It's just the way it goes sometimes.

Whatever you guys decide is cool with me and I'll play regardless of what rules you put into effect. All I want to do is be able to play some good games of madden without someone quitting on me in the 2nd qtr. I also enjoy logging back onto gaf and talking about our games and learning more for the next game I play.

Jtrizzy

Personally, I'd like to play 6 minute quarters with no run off. The key to that is people not running clock in a cheesy way. I understand why people like the accelerated clock, but it doesn't give me enough time to audible when necessary.

Anyway, I'll be getting online tonight around 11 or 12 est, and I'll be free for most of Monday and Tuesday which will give me a chance set up a proposed final list of rules.

Not sure how many games have been played, but I think I'll go ahead and move the test league forward so I can see how that goes. Other than that, we can start the league whenever the patch hits if that's cool with ya'll.

Also, yes, the Jags are still open.

If we do 10 minutes with 15sec runoff, we don't have to worry about someone running the 4th quarter out with just little more than two first downs.

SMOKE

Banned
Hey fellas If we could get could get this started by monday tuesday the latest would be good for me. I wont be back home until the following tuesday or monday at the earliest.

So anyone who wants to get there games out of the way with me just message me and I can make it happen the best that I can before I leave to wichita ks.

mbmonk

KoruptData said:
Hey, checking in from my honeymoon hear in Florida. Wife is asleep.

That a way to put it to her!! Just make sure to stay hydrated and eat plenty of protein.

Just kidding. Congrats on the wedding and enjoy your honeymoon!@! :p

Jtrizzy

Still waiting on patch one guys. The FG thing is just to big a deal, it happens all of the freaking time when I'm playing right now. I'll move the test league forward when I get home from work tonight.

mbmonk

Jtrizzy said:
Still waiting on patch one guys. The FG thing is just to big a deal, it happens all of the freaking time when I'm playing right now. I'll move the test league forward when I get home from work tonight.

We can just set a rule to decline the holding calls on FG attempts. We don't have to wait for the patch for that. I think things like roster moves are a big deal though. Favre.. Vick.. etc.

There is no rush; it just gives me time to 'get a clue' about how to play Madden :).

Edgeward

No biggie, gives me time to catch up on finishing some of my backlog. It would bother me to play with outdated rosters.

bjscott05

I'm not too sure if I will be able to stay in the league. I moved over the weekend back to school and I can't get the internet at my house to work well enough to even use PSN. I'd still like to play but I'm not sure if the situation can be rectified. I should know by tomorrow if it is going to get better.

Urgh, where's that darn patch? I'm really looking forward to this league. Gonna be good times!

Thanks Jtrizzy for putting it together and running it.

Hey everyone I am heading off to the beach tonight so I am glad we are waiting for the patch. Not sure how often I can check gaf, but I will be back Monday next week.

If it was just the FG issue, I'd say we can roll. We could just decline the penalty as a rule if everyone agreed to it.

But yeah, apparently there are some major stat issues as well as the speed fix, etc.

gregor7777 said:
If it was just the FG issue, I'd say we can roll. We could just decline the penalty as a rule if everyone agreed to it.

But yeah, apparently there are some major stat issues as well as the speed fix, etc.
Any word on the date?

Nightz

Well since we're all waiting for the patch to hit, I noticed that there are still a lot of unplayed games for week 1. I suggest everyone try to get at least 1 game in for this test league, just to get a feel for the game and how the system works.

Want to know another thing that pisses me off? Probably 50% of the time I get the 'cannot connect to franchise server' or whatever message. What a clusterfuck this launch has been.

Jtrizzy

Yeah that happens to me all the time, especially lately. The speed thing is the most important issue, along with stat fixes. My hope is we can get rolling early next week at the latest.

Jtrizzy

Great news...after multiple massive headaches with my internet provider, I will finally have a good connection sometime in the next few days. Hopefully the patch comes soon, I'm gonna have invites out for the real league by Sunday night!

Man, is it just me or are the franchise servers ALWAYS down. I can never log into them.

Anyone else have this problem?

And where the hell is that patch...

Dynamic3

6m quarters sound good Jtrizzy. As you mentioned, the problem with the runoff is that it doesn't give you enough time to audible.

Still no date on the patch eh?

Side note: Is Maybin in the rosters yet?

mbmonk

Could we start the league when the rosters are updated for the opening week of the real NFL season?

I am absolutely fine with waiting for the patch, but w/o an ETA on the patch are we sure it's worth waiting for?

Regardless can't wait for this leagues kickoff :)

Jtrizzy

Just wanted to give a little update. My DSL equipment should be arriving in the mail today. I have the day off from school and work, so hopefully that comes and I can go ahead with sending out the real invites.

I'm sick of waiting around for this patch though. I'm going to hit up the main websites to see if I can find out some info with regard to a release date.

SMOKE

Banned
I'm back too fellas and im ready to get started whenever that is, gotta catch back up and dust off this rust.:D

Nightz

gregor7777 said:
I'm coming around to vote for starting soon, regardless of when the patch releases. I'm tired of waiting.
Same goes for me. I'd like to get this started sooner rather than later. The members of the league might have to be contacted again to see if they're still interested. I saw one person selling his copy of Madden in the buy/sell/trade thread.

mbmonk

Nightz said:
The members of the league might have to be contacted again to see if they're still interested. I saw one person selling his copy of Madden in the buy/sell/trade thread.

Not me baby. I am looking forward to our week 1 rematch. :)

SMOKE

Banned
Madden has gone to the shitter since I been gone a week!

I played a couple of league games from another league im in and all my opponents played cheap:lol

1-5-5 defense all game, and that shit stops the run as if it was a goaline defense, and my other opponent did the usual nano blitz set up every down.

WTF is wrong with people when it comes to playing madden? I keep tellimg them there's no such thing as an AND 1 football game and these dudes just dont give a shit.

I dont see what fun you gain for playing a game so cheap even when they use ELITE teams it just gets annoying and you just wanna stop playing altogether.

Well just ranting:D

mbmonk

SMOKE said:
Madden has gone to the shitter since I been gone a week!

I played a couple of league games from another league im in and all my opponents played cheap:lol

1-5-5 defense all game, and that shit stops the run as if it was a goaline defense, and my other opponent did the usual nano blitz set up every down.

WTF is wrong with people when it comes to playing madden? I keep tellimg them there's no such thing as an AND 1 football game and these dudes just dont give a shit.

I dont see what fun you gain for playing a game so cheap even when they use ELITE teams it just gets annoying and you just wanna stop playing altogether.

Well just ranting:D

I hear you. When your game, as a player, is based on how to exploit AI and bugs then that isn't 'football' to me. For real life tournaments where $$ is on the line, then fine do that.

I guess if I had been playing madden hardcore for 5 years and knew all the in's and out's or if I just wanted a 'easy' button then I would study the nano's and such.

I have seen the talk about the 1-5-5 and the nano's, but I haven't tried them out. It just doesn't interest me as much as other things in the game currently does. I am still really digging into the different personnel packages you can run in a given formation and how that changes the plays than if you ran it with the default personnel.

I try to play 'fair' against people online and I just end up losing 2/3 of the times I do that. :lol

I mean, I'm not the greatest player around so the chances I'll run into someone better than me are decent, but then add in all of the shenanigans, and I'm always in trouble.

I think I'm like 3/10 in ranked games right now.

mbmonk

gregor7777 said:
I try to play 'fair' against people online and I just end up losing 2/3 of the times I do that. :lol

I mean, I'm not the greatest player around so the chances I'll run into someone better than me are decent, but then add in all of the shenanigans, and I'm always in trouble.

I think I'm like 3/10 in ranked games right now.

I know that feeling. I am 0 - 3 online ranked games.

But in my head I am so much better than that!. Lol. I guess everyone is in their own head :)

Top Bottom