• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Thread of the PS3 Madden '10 GAF Online Franchise

Kintaco

If there are still teams available I wouldn't mind joining in. If so what teams are available? I know the OP says the Jags, and I read the Cardinals guys saying he might back out and now the Giants guy is selling/sold his game.

SMOKE

Banned
Kintaco said:
If there are still teams available I wouldn't mind joining in. If so what teams are available? I know the OP says the Jags, and I read the Cardinals guys saying he might back out and now the Giants guy is selling/sold his game.

What? Someone sold there copy?

Damn thats cold, and so early someone must have pissed him off online and sometimes i feel that way but i needs my fix.

Jtrizzy

OK guys, I finally have my internet connection.

I say we get this started asap. Kintaco gets the Giants and the Jags are controlled by the cpu unless someone grabs them in the next 24 hours. I'm going to send out invites to the real league starting tonight after the new firmware is finished. I finished Batman so I have time to get this going now.

Jtrizzy

Kintaco, what is your PSN ID, and have you registered the franchise code on the back of the Madden instruction manual?

Jtrizzy

28 Invites are out. If I have this correct, we just need Gloomfire to register his copy, as well as Kintaco, plus me that gets us to 31 with the Jags open/cpu controlled.

It's "GAF Madden 2010", and there is no password.

Nightz

So what's the final word on game length? Also, what order are we doing for free agency/waiver wire? Like I said before, I'd be willing to keep track of this stuff...I just need an order to start with.

Dynamic3

Jtrizzy said:
28 Invites are out. If I have this correct, we just need Gloomfire to register his copy, as well as Kintaco, plus me that gets us to 31 with the Jags open/cpu controlled.

It's "GAF Madden 1010", and there is no password.

The server was down for me just now.

We aren't going to wait for the wk. 1 roster though? There have been a quite a few changes I think.

Jtrizzy

My preference is either 6 or 7 minute quarters with no accelerated clock. I'm really not worried about people unfairly running clock, since they will face repercussions.

As far as FA, I say we just go by last years record for each team.

Nightz

Jtrizzy said:
My preference is either 6 or 7 minute quarters with no accelerated clock. I'm really not worried about people unfairly running clock, since they will face repercussions.

As far as FA, I say we just go by last years record for each team.
If that's the case, I vote for 7 minute quarters.

Here's the waiver list:
1. Lions
2. Rams
3. Chiefs
4. Bengals
5. Browns
6. Seahawks
7. Raiders
8. Jaguars
9. Packers
10. Bills
11. 49ers
12. Broncos
13. Texans
14. Saints
15. Redskins
16. Chargers
17. Jets
18. Buccaneers
19. Bears
20. Cowboys
21. Eagles
22. Cardinals
23. Vikings
24. Dolphins
25. Ravens
26. Falcons
27. Patriots
28. Panthers
29. Colts
30. Giants
31. Steelers
32. Titans

I propose we do a fantasy football style waiver wire system for free agents: If you want to pick someone up off free agency, send me your request. The request will remain pending for a day or so, and if no one with a higher waiver priority claims that player, he's yours. Now if someone else makes a claim for that player, whomever has higher priority gets him. Once you get a player you claimed, you get bumped to last on the list.

Jtrizzy

Free Agency/Waivers: Wait till week four, then it is based on team records for the first quarter of the season. That will help keep things competitive for teams with early injuries or for teams just not doing well for whatever reason.
Nightz is the FA/Waiver wire Czar

Clock: 9 minute quarters with a 15 second run off. As commish, I reserve the right to change this based how I see things going. Don't bitch if I change it.

Rocket CatchingManual WR control is absolutely banned under all circumstances.

4th downFake punts are allowed at any time, but no going for it on your own side of the field in the first 3 quarters. I also reserve the right to adjust this as I see fit.

Decline any and all holding calls on Field Goals and Extra Points. There is some type of bug in the game causing them. Do not accept them. If you do by accident, then just get 2 quick off sides penalties to set the ball back to its proper spot.

League will advance on Thursday at 2 am EST and Monday at 2 am EST. First week will have some leeway of course.

Learn how to fully use the replay creation and export feature, this will help if people have greivances to settle.

So when do you think week 1 games will be played? Should we be doing that now since the real league is active?

Also, what happens if your opponent never shows up to your game, or ditches out when you guys set to play it? Do you face the computer or does he get an automatic lose?

SMOKE

Banned
So is everyone locked and loaded and ready to play, there has been another bug with this latest firmaware and peoples shit keeps freezing up in the lobbies and crap and have to reboot the system sometimes aswell.

But anyways, lets play some fucking football fellas:D

Jtrizzy

As far as no shows, I'm actually testing that out right now.

What I'm trying to figure out is whether setting your status to away will allow the person who does show up to play against the cpu(which is a guaranteed victory) without me having to boot them, or that person having to leave the league then be re-invited.

I have a message out to Edgeward, who is my next opponent in the test league to set his to "away"

I also need Mittelos to see if it lets him rejoin the test league (I booted him to test it out)

I'm ready to get started too though. If you want to che

Jtrizzy

Actually Cartridge Blower, can you set yours to "away" in the test league? We play in two weeks and I can sim to that point to see how this works when one person doesn't show up.

Nightz

Jtrizzy said:
I will update the rules in this post over the next day or so.

That looks great actually, but the more I think about it we should copy the 360 league and wait till week four, then do it based on team records for the first quarter of the season. That will help keep things competitive for teams with early injuries or for teams just not doing well for whatever reason.
Cool, that works as well. Whatever you decide is fine by me.

mbmonk

Classic_Gs said:
I thought we were waiting for the patch?

I think everyone wants to wait for the patch, but with no ETA on the release it's hard to tell if it's worth waiting for.

A couple of the issues we can handle ourselves, like holding on FG's, so to me I say we just get this rolling. When the patch comes out we will adjust the league accordingly. But if we keep putting it off I am afraid more people will drop.

Beside we can always start a new franchise after this season is done, or continue to the second year so that is like starting new w/ the patch :)

Rorschach

Clicked on this thread by accident, but the patch is applied even to franchises that have already started. The only thing that isn't is roster updates. The patch has supposedly been sent off and details of the patch are incoming, but the approval process (if it goes smoothly) usually takes a week or two.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
Clicked on this thread by accident, but the patch is applied even to franchises that have already started. The only thing that isn't is roster updates. The patch has supposedly been sent off and details of the patch are incoming, but the approval process (if it goes smoothly) usually takes a week or two.

LoL

Your with us, but your heart is with Sony

GQman2121

Banned
I don't understand why we're not waiting for the updated roster. Teams have to cut their rosters down to 53 players by Saturday night, so why not just wait until Monday or Tuesday when that file is released? :|

Also, the whole purpose for the accelerated clock is to give a realistic balance between stats and the number of plays per game. You shouldn't need more than 10 seconds at the line to decide if you want to make adjustments or call an audible. 10-12 minutes with a 15-20 runoff is what most leagues are using and I think we should do the same.

Yeah I personally favor the accelerated clock. I think it really evens things out. And people who complain about needing more time to audible, it's not like in the NFL they use all 40 seconds to make switches and reads.

GQman2121

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
Yeah I personally favor the accelerated clock. I think it really evens things out. And people who complain about needing more time to audible, it's not like in the NFL they use all 40 seconds to make switches and reads.

Exactly. Most teams break the huddle with 10-15 seconds on the clock.

We're getting impatient, that's all. If it's really coming out on Monday, well it might make sense to wait then. But otherwise, I want to get started. :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

* The next roster update for Madden 10 will come post final cuts. Most likely it will arrive Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday next week in time for the NFL season’s opener on Thursday night.

oneHeero

I'd like to wait for roster update. I dont care about patch as we can work w/ that. I dont care about length of QTRs but either 7 mins no acc or 9 mins with acc imo. But I definitely dont mind whatever the outcome is.

I've added my first week opponent, TBKkiller I am F1nestOne.

mbmonk

CartridgeBlower said:

Call I formation twins WR's, now hurry to the line and try to motion your TE from next to the tackle to out where a WR would line up. You can't do w/o getting a delay of game.

I am torn on the accelerated clock, but if you can't motion your TE in that situation to me that is broken.

I have a love hate relationship with it.

EDIT: In the real NFL you can send a man in motion and when he is half way send him back to his original spot. To my knowledge once you send a man in motion in madden he HAS to go all the way to the otherside, and then you can send him back. end result is a likely delay of game penalty :)

Jtrizzy

Lion Heart said:

I played the Saints with the Eagles in our test league against the cpu. It was too easy and a blowout. I almost thought it was on pro or something, but it said all pro after the game when I checked.

Jtrizzy

Ok, to update on the whole situation when people can't play for whatever reason or just don't show up, the only way you will be able to play the cpu is if I boot him and re invite or if he leaves then I re invite.

Which sucks, because that means there will be times (obviously) where I can't be at my PS3 to do this. The problem is that I can't even do the boot/invite from a website. If that were the case, I could just give Nights and Gregor my password.

I'm not too worried about it though. Basically, if someone no shows, the person who does pm's me here assuming I'm not on PSN. Then I kick the guy from the league so you can play the cpu.

Jtrizzy

GQman2121 said:
I don't understand why we're not waiting for the updated roster. Teams have to cut their rosters down to 53 players by Saturday night, so why not just wait until Monday or Tuesday when that file is released? :|

Also, the whole purpose for the accelerated clock is to give a realistic balance between stats and the number of plays per game. You shouldn't need more than 10 seconds at the line to decide if you want to make adjustments or call an audible. 10-12 minutes with a 15-20 runoff is what most leagues are using and I think we should do the same.

I'm fine with all that honestly. I realize that most are going with the accelerated clock wave of the future and all that, so we'll go that way even though I hate feeling rushed all the time.

So how long does it take to play a ten minute/acc clock game?

mbmonk

Is there an choice between how much clock run off there is? So instead of 15 - 20 sec we could go 10?

It's not a big deal to me. I am just happy to play.

Dynamic3

GQman2121 said:
Exactly. Most teams break the huddle with 10-15 seconds on the clock.

Yeah well it's much easier in rl for a QB or a D-Cap. to yell to a player to call a hot-route or double coverage, but in Madden it takes a long time to do something like pairing a CB to a WR for double coverage. On the other hand, there really isn't anything stopping the offense from snapping the ball so whatev.

SMOKE

Banned
Does anyone from EA post on these forums, playing in pub rooms just makes me wanna get this shit started as soon as possible.

I hate it when people break the game on purpose for online rank purposes as if they're madden challenge contestants or some crap. All people are doing is running that 46 D and blitzing that LB that comes thru untouched no matter what and everyone seems to be covered perfectly so you dont have a chance at throwing the ball. That auto drop back crap is killing it for me.

Top Bottom