• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official World Cup of Hockey thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
dem said:
Millen is a dolt

Thank you. Worst fucking colour commentary ever. "I'M SO IMPRESSED WITH KIPRUSOFF. KIPRUSOFF MAKES THE SAVE AGAIN!" It reminds me of the other CBC broadcasters sucking Belfour's teet in the playoffs this year. "BELFOUR DOES IT AGAIN! ANOTHER STOP BY BELFOUR! HE'S DOING IT AGAIN!" Ugh.

Deepthroat said:
I chear for Russia tonight, even though my favorite hockey player, Pavel Bure, isn't playing :(
The Canucks sent me 2 DVD's (1 of the past season, 1 chronicalling the 94 cup run), and watching some of the goals that Bure scored against Calgary, Toronto, and especially Dallas are just fucking sick. He got like 10 hilight reel goals in the span of 18 games.

Gregory

Banned
Deepthroat said:
I chear for Russia tonight, even though my favorite hockey player, Pavel Bure, isn't playing :(

I like Bure too, but look out for Ovechkin tonight. He was the first in the NHL draft this year. He`ll be making his North-American debut. He`s fantastic when he`s at his best.

Solid

Mike Works said:
The Canucks sent me 2 DVD's (1 of the past season, 1 chronicalling the 94 cup run), and watching some of the goals that Bure scored against Calgary, Toronto, and especially Dallas are just fucking sick. He got like 10 hilight reel goals in the span of 18 games.
I really would like to see that DVD!

Too bad his injured now... he's getting old too, 33 :/

Socreges

Banned
Haha, anyone else see Draper knock Yashin's stick clear away after he tried a can opener? Then Yashin pulls him down and gets two. :)

[edit] ...Iginla negates...

dem

As a great man once said..

They I'm cocky, and I say what?
It aint braggin' motherfucker if ya back it up
r3710336285.jpg

Just hand it over to Canada

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Woohoo Canada.
Nice win - 3-0 in the round-robin..

...and now, with the game over, I'm home alone on a Saturday night doing nothing.. :(

Alucard

Banned
Pochacco said:
Woohoo Canada.
Nice win - 3-0 in the round-robin..

...and now, with the game over, I'm home alone on a Saturday night doing nothing.. :(

Poor guy. That's why I invited a buddy over so that after the game we hooked up his PS2 and played a couple of hours of NHL and Fifa 2004. :)

Socreges

Banned
Alucard said:
Poor guy. That's why I invited a buddy over so that after the game we hooked up his PS2 and played a couple of hours of NHL and Fifa 2004. :)
I hope you accidentally said just NHL when you meant NHL 2K. And mistyped FIFA when you meant Winning Eleven.

But I'm sure that's what happened.

Alucard

Banned
Socreges said:
I hope you accidentally said just NHL when you meant NHL 2K. And mistyped FIFA when you meant Winning Eleven.

But I'm sure that's what happened.

Yeah, I totally prefer Winning Eleven and the ESPN series, but most of my friends are EA whores. :-\ Fifa 2004 for the PS2 isn't even that great. You don't feel like you have full control of your players at all...and I hate how they won't run up to the ball when it's being passed to them.

Solid

Heh the Swedish media is burning Naslund. BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT SO FAR! If he dosen't score on tuesday put him on the bench.

dem

Whats with the Swedish media? Theres tons of players on Canada who havent scored a goal. Notably Lemieux and Iginla....
No one calling for them to be benched.

Solid

dem said:
Whats with the Swedish media? Theres tons of players on Canada who havent scored a goal. Notably Lemieux and Iginla....
No one calling for them to be benched.
Naslund has the worst +/- in the whole tournament. He hasn't scored a single goal. And that is from one of the supposed best players in the world. Our hope to say the least.

Alucard

Banned
I think that Naslund not scoring any goals is the least of Sweden's worries. Look who's guarding their net.

I'm still hoping that Mario will provide at least one totally magic moment in this tournament, like he did in the 2002 Olympics by letting the puck go through his legs so it could get to Kariya for a sweet goal. Whether he sets up a goal or scores one himself, I'd just like to see him on the scoresheet a little more.

Niinimaa has left the finnish team. Apparently he didnt get along with headcoach Summanen... I know Summanen is pretty agressive person and says things most of the coaches wouldnt...but... This is especially sad news since now Aki Berg must play. :\

Solid

Uh, so does Forsberg.
Yeah sure, but he got more points then Markus and have just recovered (not even sure if he's perfectly healty) from an injury. Markus on the other hand has been fit for fight all along.

Supposed? It's been 3 games. And he had a goal in each exhibition.
If he dosen't score on tuesday I don't know what I will write here. If you are one of the best players in the world, you ought to score one of the 13 goals the swedish team has produced. He even score most goals in the NHL for crying out loud!

Sorry but he's the biggest disappointment so far. At least the way I see it, and ofcourse I want it to turn around. If he dosen't play like he usually do then Sweden never will reach that final.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah sure, but he got more points then Markus
Forsberg has 1 goal and 2 assists. Naslund has 2 assists. Barely worth mentioning.
and have just recovered (not even sure if he's perfectly healty) from an injury. Markus on the other hand has been fit for fight all along.
Naslund had surgery on his elbow over the summer.

I'm not saying Naslund hasn't been a disappointment. Just that this:
Naslund has the worst +/- in the whole tournament. He hasn't scored a single goal. And that is from one of the supposed best players in the world. Our hope to say the least.
...was a silly post for a few reasons.

Solid

Socreges said:
I'm not saying Naslund hasn't been a disappointment. Just that this:

...was a silly post for a few reasons.
Okay, I can't see it being silly since it's the truth. But enough bitching now. We obviously have different opinions on what expectations you should have a on a star.

Malakhov

Banned
Wow, finally seeing Ovechkin play for the first time minus replays and clips and he looks to be pretty good from what I've seen so far, looks like he has quite some hands.

Stupid coach making him play on the 4th line though and he's not playing enough.

calder

Ovechkin has been pretty impressive. Can't believe this is the same kid I saw like 3 years ago playing in a tourney in my old hometown... was good but nothing special then (but he was a year younger than most of the players).

Gregory

Banned
Alas, there won't be a huge audience in the United States. Terry, who at about 550 kilograms is the largest pig in Minnesota, is enjoying more of the public's attention at the state fair than the World Cup is in these parts. No American channel carried the Canada-Russia game Saturday night.
U.S. general manager Larry Pleau went to a hockey pub to see if it had a CBC signal but, no, college football ruled.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_cup_hockey/news_story.asp?id=97683

Is this for real? No american channel showed Russia-Canada? Plus isn`t Minnesota one of the more hockey interested areas in America? College football? WTF?

Truly pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom