• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Worldwide VC, WiiWare, & DSiWare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swerve

The new Nintendo title available in Japan today, 'Kimi to boku to rittai', is one of the nicest looking, most beautifully presented titles I've seen in years. Right up there with Geometry Wars 2 and Rez for style and visual flair.

Awesome sound effects and background music, vibrant and stylishuse of colour and neon effects, incredibly quick-response pointer, weird-ass controls which I'm just now getting used to, and a strangely addictive premise.

Get at least one little dude/dudette onto each cube and have them stay there for 3 seconds, and you clear the stage.

It may look just 'interesting' in screens, but moving it's something else entirely. And only 120 blocks! Most other WiiWare developers should be ashamed.

2132378107_view.jpg

Yes Boss!

Regulus Tera said:
As if it were not bad enough that I actually paid real money for Konami product, the goddamn thing actually turns out to be enjoyable?

What is wrong with giving your money to Konami, just curious?

gkrykewy said:
OH MY FUCKING CHRIST Namco is releasing Starblade for Virtual Console Arcade.

Shit yes, I can die a happy man.

I'm pretty sure you could have died happy four years ago cause Starblade is available on Tekken 5 PS2.

gkryhewy

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I'm pretty sure you could have died happy four years ago cause Starblade is available on Tekken 5 PS2.

I know, but then I would have to suffer through a fighting game's adventure/challenge mode for some intolerable length of time.

This is much better! I also played it extensively on Sega CD, and PSX, but those weren't arcade perfect and I sold them off long ago.

I was never into Super Punch-Out!! as much as I was the original, dunno why, it just didn't have the same charm.

Which is odd because I wore out the original with how much I played it (and STILL play it today).

Will probably download Super still and give it another go, if for no other reason than just getting hyped for the new Wii one. :D

Nuclear Muffin said:
So are the levels significantly different or is it just a port. If so wouldn't the arcade version be the way to go if it has better visuals/sound/gameplay?

Sorry for the late reply. It's been awhile since I played the arcade game but the basic level layouts and bosses are on the Hucard version. The arcade version's graphics are sharper with more detail, both in the characters and background and it has TATE. However, the Hucard's graphics replicate the arcade's art style very, very well. Anyways, you can always google some pics and compare.

I think you'll be waiting a long time if the arcade rev get puts on VC. Even then, I'd say you'd be better off getting either the Saturn or PSP collection (goes for about $35 on ebay) if you really are itching to play arcade Twinbee. That said I still recommend the PCE rev. Another thing I really like about it is that just like the arcade, it has 2p simultaneous which is a rarity for PCE Shmups.

farnham

Banned
swerve said:
The new Nintendo title available in Japan today, 'Kimi to boku to rittai', is one of the nicest looking, most beautifully presented titles I've seen in years. Right up there with Geometry Wars 2 and Rez for style and visual flair.

Awesome sound effects and background music, vibrant and stylishuse of colour and neon effects, incredibly quick-response pointer, weird-ass controls which I'm just now getting used to, and a strangely addictive premise.

Get at least one little dude/dudette onto each cube and have them stay there for 3 seconds, and you clear the stage.

It may look just 'interesting' in screens, but moving it's something else entirely. And only 120 blocks! Most other WiiWare developers should be ashamed.

2132378107_view.jpg
and its by eno kenji

Capndrake

Next month for Japan:

FC:
-Takeshi no Chousenjou (Mar 31st)
-Castlevania 3

SFC:
-Langrisser
-Kirby's Dream Land 3

N64:
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

SMS:
-Phantasy Star

PCE:
-Ninja Gaiden

Arcade:
-Genpei Toumaden (Mar 31st)
-Space Invaders

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Capndrake said:
Next month for Japan:

FC:
-Castlevania 3

SFC:
-Langrisser
-Kirby's Dream Land 3

N64:

SMS:
-Phantasy Star

PCE:
-Ninja Gaiden

Arcade:
-Space Invaders

MAJORAS MASK YEEEEEEAHHHHH

Capndrake said:
Next month for Japan:

FC:
-Castlevania 3

SFC:
-Langrisser
-Kirby's Dream Land 3

N64:

SMS:
-Phantasy Star

PCE:
-Ninja Gaiden

Arcade:
-Space Invaders

OH MY FUCKING GOD YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE IT TO ME NOA!!!!!! About damn time!!! Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda (And my favourite game of all time) and I have been waiting so long for a definitive VC version :D :D :D (GCN version is terrible and I can't stand playing N64 games with crappy image quality and broken controllers!)

Plus I'll finally be able to start the Phantasy Star series! (I've been waiting for the first game to hit before playing the others already on the VC. I'm sure that I'm not alone!)

botticus

Is there a way to "reset" a game in the VC? Unless I'm missing something, I appear to have broken ActRaiser by saving, and choosing not to continue, at which point it seems to be waiting for me to reset/turn off the console. Only way I know how to exit is to the home menu, and obviously that just brings me right back there on my next start.

Capndrake

botticus said:
Is there a way to "reset" a game in the VC? Unless I'm missing something, I appear to have broken ActRaiser by saving, and choosing not to continue, at which point it seems to be waiting for me to reset/turn off the console. Only way I know how to exit is to the home menu, and obviously that just brings me right back there on my next start.
Go to options on your Wii and delete the game save.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Majora's Mask!

My most wanted VC game.

Now I'll just have to wait the 6 months it will take to bring it out in N. America.

botticus said:

If you press home a reset button will appear.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
botticus said:
There's not a "Reset" button when you open the Home menu?

radcliff

botticus said:

Press the "Home" button on the Wii Remote, then click the "Reset" button that will appear on screen.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Capndrake said:
Next month for Japan:

FC:
-Castlevania 3

SFC:
-Langrisser
-Kirby's Dream Land 3

N64:

SMS:
-Phantasy Star

PCE:
-Ninja Gaiden

Arcade:
-Space Invaders
god damn.... really nice lineup next month.... I mean holy shit.

Somnid

So DSi firmware 1.3 officially adds a search feature to the DSi Shop and the L/R effects in DSi Sound now auto-level to the music volume.

borghe

gkrykewy said:
You can keep saying that as often as you like, but you aren't going to get everyone else to stop calling him Kenji Eno :lol :lol
yeah... the funny thing about it is the japanese even say it "westernly" when talking to western audiences. the truth is, doing it the japanese way (surname name) in a western conversation is incorrect anyway. it would be like placing a japanese verb in a different part of the sentence because that's where the japanese would put it.

if you're speaking/writing japanese, then do it correctly for japanese. if you are speaking/writing a western language, then do it correctly for that language. you are not disrespecting them by using the language correctly.

borghe said:
yeah... the funny thing about it is the japanese even say it "westernly" when talking to western audiences. the truth is, doing it the japanese way (surname name) in a western conversation is incorrect anyway. it would be like placing a japanese verb in a different part of the sentence because that's where the japanese would put it.

if you're speaking/writing japanese, then do it correctly for japanese. if you are speaking/writing a western language, then do it correctly for that language. you are not disrespecting them by using the language correctly.

Wait... his first name is not Kenji?

Hobbun

It's awesome we are finally getting Majora's Mask. However, I hope this isn't the collector's edition, that thing was buggy as shit.

Unfortunately I am guessing it is, as I could tell OoT on the VC was from the Collector's Edition.

Hobbun said:
It's awesome we are finally getting Majora's Mask. However, I hope this isn't the collector's edition, that thing was buggy as shit.

Unfortunately I am guessing it is, as I could tell OoT on the VC was from the Collector's Edition.

OOT VC does not use the collectors edition emulator, it's a different one. The various little glitches like the pauses and slowdowns are gone from the VC version and its also a fair bit brighter on the VC.

I wouldn't worry about MM on VC if any of the previously released games on the service are anything to go by. MMGCN was given away as a freebie and probably coded in a rush since NST were busy with other games, VC emulation is held to a higher standard, where perfect emulation is the norm.

Neo Samus

So NOA......I'm hoping you are going to release two N64 games next month......I'm still waiting to give you my monies for SSB.....:/

Hobbun

Neo Samus said:
So NOA......I'm hoping you are going to release two N64 games next month......I'm still waiting to give you my monies for SSB.....:/

Remember, the above list is for Japan, not NOA.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Capndrake said:
N64:
Ah, so it looks like they finally got the Expansion pack emulated. Maybe they can emulate Rumble rumble and the memery pack to soon.

borghe

Hobbun said:
Remember, the above list is for Japan, not NOA.
yeah, but Zelda is a different story. Aside from Zelda 2, all of the zeldas were released in the same week between Japan and NA. Also at this point it kind of makes the Collector's disc worthless with all of the emulation issues in MM on there.

Hobbun

Drkirby said:
Ah, so it looks like they finally got the Expansion pack emulated. Maybe they can emulate Rumble rumble and the memery pack to soon.

I can't remember, could Majora's Mask only run on the N64 if you had the Expansion pack?

Hobbun

borghe said:
yeah, but Zelda is a different story. Aside from Zelda 2, all of the zeldas were released in the same week between Japan and NA.

Well, that may be the case, but I always assume the worst until it is confirmed. Unfortunately NOA only confirms the morning of release.

Why is it Japan gets to know ahead of time for their releases and we find out the day of?

borghe

Hobbun said:
Why is it Japan gets to know ahead of time for their releases and we find out the day of?
We used to know the Friday before. Then NOA squashed that for some reason. However I think it's safe to say the reason we don't get lists is because NOA really doesn't have the month planned out except for rare occasions. I honestly believe that in some cases they don't have the monday set until like Thursday or Friday before.

Good to see it looks like they've sorted the expansion pack thing, go go Zelda! :D

Still better release Smash Bros as well though. >_> No excuse now that I can fit pretty much everything on my Wii now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom