• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well define fail. NCAA's online dynasty participation doesn't have outrageous numbers but it is considered a success. i believe madden would pull similar numbers.

i just don't get why they can't go the ncaa route and make single player and multiplayer dynasties the samething. the technology is already there to have multiple human players controlling a team in madden, how hard is it to just make it online? maybe that is naive of me to ask but i'm not a programmer

NCAA also still has 12 players (and probably for NCAA 12), which means there might be a problem with more than 12 players in the same system that they haven't been able to work around. Or it'll cost them more money to do so, but it's just not worth it when they do a cost benefit analysis.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well define fail. NCAA's online dynasty participation doesn't have outrageous numbers but it is considered a success. i believe madden would pull similar numbers.

i just don't get why they can't go the ncaa route and make single player and multiplayer dynasties the samething. the technology is already there to have multiple human players controlling a team in madden, how hard is it to just make it online? maybe that is naive of me to ask but i'm not a programmer
Is it stupid to assume the reason is because they assume NCAA would be played more online with a bunch of friends due to the college nature of it? Meaning dorms, cross country dorm matches etc.

One could assume the Madden players have " lives " and can't be bothered with online franchises so they neglate it.

DCX

Rorschach

There were plenty of leagues even with the gimped version. So much so that there's an industry around it (sites like leaguedaddy and pay leagues) and Madden's own communities try to find ways to work around their shitty franchises (those franchise management sites, scripts, etc). The puzzling thing about the franchise website is that all the stats are there, it's even uploaded to the website, but they refuse to show it to us for some reason. There are so many people downloading and using these workarounds that it seems to me that the lack of use is highly exaggerated. I call BS if someone is saying there are literally only a couple of leagues every year
[pre-emptive "gtfo with your pie chart, DM!"]

Even if a league is only used for a season or two, it's got a lifespan longer than most online games judging by the XBL use list. And the Madden team wouldn't want you playing the league forever anyway. Also, there aren't nearly as many people playing the game period around this time. Games like FIFA and NHL have much better longevity. I doubt fight for fumble and gameflow made anyone stick around longer or earned any new fans.

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
There were plenty of leagues even with the gimped version. So much so that there's an industry around it (sites like leaguedaddy and pay leagues) and Madden's own communities try to find ways to work around their shitty franchises (those franchise management sites, scripts, etc). The puzzling thing about the franchise website is that all the stats are there, it's even uploaded to the website, but they refuse to show it to us for some reason. There are so many people downloading and using these workarounds that it seems to me that the lack of use is highly exaggerated. I call BS if someone is saying there are literally only a couple of leagues every year
[pre-emptive "gtfo with your pie chart, DM!"]

Even if a league is only used for a season or two, it's got a lifespan longer than most online games judging by the XBL use list. And the Madden team wouldn't want you playing the league forever anyway. Also, there aren't nearly as many people playing the game period around this time. Games like FIFA and NHL have much better longevity. I doubt fight for fumble and gameflow made anyone stick around longer or earned any new fans.

The charts never said there were only a couple of leagues, they showed that a very large majority of leagues never made it past 8 games.

:p

GCQuinton

DM pretty much nailed it. The majority of people playing Madden online are only playing head to head. They really don't care about franchise/dynasty modes like the offline crowd (where it's huge). That's compared to NCAA where, based on reception to OD since it's been in, the situation is the complete opposite and that offline crowd came over. We'll see if that's the same this year when they talk about it, though.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Different definitions of "success". NCAA's licensing/royalty fees probably aren't anywhere near the NFL's, either. That's probably one of a number of things a producer's looking at when determining the risk of putting resources on that to get it done.

GCQuinton said:
Different definitions of "success". NCAA's licensing/royalty fees probably aren't anywhere near the NFL's, either. That's probably one of a number of things a producer's looking at when determining the risk of putting resources on that to get it done.

Would it be worth it to try it in what appears is going to be a lockout or at least shortened season? Online franchise might become more popular this year if done right and there isn't any real football being played on Sundays. :\

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
Would it be worth it to try it in what appears is going to be a lockout or at least shortened season? Online franchise might become more popular this year if done right and there isn't any real football being played on Sundays. :\

It's definitely a chicken or egg kinda thing, but I guess they got all the info they needed to know from Madden 10's basic online franchise and said it wasn't worth it. But who knows, maybe they'll blow our minds in a few weeks and surprise us (doubt it, though).

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
The charts never said there were only a couple of leagues, they showed that a very large majority of leagues never made it past 8 games.

:p
Well, yeah, I started like 10 leagues by myself!

GCQuinton said:
It's definitely a chicken or egg kinda thing, but I guess they got all the info they needed to know from Madden 10's basic online franchise and said it wasn't worth it. But who knows, maybe they'll blow our minds in a few weeks and surprise us (doubt it, though).
Of the major pro sports, the NFL game is the only one that doesn't stick around in the top 10 online lists for their respective consoles. Just sayin'!

Their argument is akin to Nintendo's argument that we didn't need or want a robust online system. *finally gives in and puts in shitty online functionality* "See? No one's using it!"

GCQuinton

Rorschach said:
Their argument is akin to Nintendo's argument that we didn't need or want a robust online system. *finally gives in and puts in shitty online functionality* "See? No one's using it!"

I'm not touching that Nintendo comparison at all because they have a history of being late to the party with an ugly date for a lot of stuff, but I doubt improving the online franchise would do anything to put it on that list :\.

I'd love to see it, but I'm not holding my breath for it either.

Rorschach

GCQuinton said:
I'm not touching that Nintendo comparison at all because they have a history of being late to the party with an ugly date for a lot of stuff, but I doubt improving the online franchise would do anything to put it on that list :\.

I'd love to see it, but I'm not holding my breath for it either.
They'll improve online franchise since they're improving stuff they left out last year. I don't think they'll leave it the same unless this online community thing is a sidestep to OF and OF just becomes a leftover mode like Superstar. I don't expect the improvements to be massive, but I expect there to be improvements.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
BigAT said:
Nope, I'm looking for a cheap second account so I can ladder as Zerg.

I know yours is just sitting there, come on brah.

Pretend to quit the madden league. He'll do anything.

Anything.

McNei1y

CB3 said:
Would anyone be interested in some diablo 2 action?

Me
Pheeknicks
The Frankman said:
You still play Diablo 2? Why not post in the online Diablo 2 thread? I have the game but don't play it much.

BTW GUILD WARS FOR LIFE YO.

I still have my D2 that I used to play the shit out of like 8 years ago. Druids FTW. Now I'm all about wow lol. Wow and Fifa are like the only two games I've been playing recently. Probably hopping back on ME2 soon.

CB3

The Frankman said:
You still play Diablo 2? Why not post in the online Diablo 2 thread? I have the game but don't play it much.

BTW GUILD WARS FOR LIFE YO.

Madden people > random diablo 2 thread guys

DMczaf

Throwback Friday

madden12dezbryant.jpg

BigAT

DMczaf said:
Time to class this thread up with some BF3

http://i53.tinypic.com/15owak0.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2dmfott.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/bf3-7xuee.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Madden looks better IMO.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wM7IO.jpg

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j106/raiderbill30/aldavis06on9.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]
I don't like any of those games... didn't even purchase KZ3, SOCOM 4 or MAG. I love BF2, though. You're just a johnny come lately. :smug

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
I don't like any of those games... didn't even purchase KZ3, SOCOM 4 or MAG. I love BF2, though. You're just a johnny come lately. :smug

I got BF1942 at launch, buddy!

Stop being so ornery, heres a screen with a couple of Raiders kinda in the background of Tebow's shining glory.

247251_10150270088864073_150042789072_8955377_5403822_n.jpg

guys i honestly had a dream last night that they announced madden online franchise would have all the features of single player franchise. this bodes well for us

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i honestly had a dream last night that they announced madden online franchise would have all the features of single player franchise. this bodes well for us

Didn't you also have a dream that Alex Smith stayed in the pocket for more than 3 secs?

after doing a brief Q&A with people, here is the ncaa '12 league as it stands now:

1. fmt
2. dmc
3. cb
4. luke
5. mrbob
6. dcx
7. LJ*
8. rors*
9. lonestar
10. somnia*
11. crow
12. daw*

i'm sure our peasant league will have the choice of some spill overs from the master race dynasty. so with that said we will probably do custom conferences with 4 human opponents per custom conference

CB3

BigAT said:
You forgot Ohio St. and Alabama, which are by far stronger than any of those teams.

he was asking about Pac-12.

And Ohio State is more like the University of Ohio under DCX

DMczaf

BigAT said:
You forgot Ohio St. and Alabama, which are by far stronger than any of those teams.

The only thing that saved us from a Ohio St dynasty was DCX over time.

By the end of his run, he was recruiting guys who's only football experience was from 9th grade PE.

Top Bottom