• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Yeah I don't know if I'm buying 2K12. If I do it will probably be on PC since I can get it for cheaper than on console and who knows when/if a league starts.

I wouldn't buy it either if I wasted talent as much as you did.

Mrbob

I should buy it just to block you from getting more players!

Besides, not of all of us can rely on Yao cheese to win chips for us.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
I should buy it just to block you from getting more players!

Besides, not of all of us can rely on Yao cheese to win chips for us.

And that time when I used the Bobcats with Emeka "no offense" Okafor as my center?

Mrbob

Everybody gets lucky! 2K is your life blood, you have to win! And make sure to do devious things to guarantee victory.

I still remember last year when I was hot down the stretch winning 15 straight games, and then kept the winning streak going into the playoffs. Then you made sure we had a 2 week layoff before our series was played, and I was rusty since I don't play 2K every night and lost the series to you. If I had played you without any layoff your team was going down that series.

It was my break out season in 2K11, elevating myself from mid card to main event status!

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Everybody gets lucky! 2K is your life blood, you have to win! And make sure to do devious things to guarantee victory.

I still remember last year when I was hot down the stretch winning 15 straight games, and then kept the winning streak going into the playoffs. Then you made sure we had a 2 week layoff before our series was played, and I was rusty since I don't play 2K every night and lost the series to you. If I had played you without any layoff your team was going down that series.

I was my break out season in 2K11, elevating myself from mid card to main event status!

loloic

First of all, that's not true. Second I fear no one in NBA2K, ESPECIALLY people named MrBob. Always an excuse! See what you started Nightz? Personal attacks. Attacking my character and claiming conspiracy.

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
Get this shit out of here. Make a separate thread for games related to sports that won't be played in 2012.

Guess we should also make a separate thread for the number of games the Colts will lose in 2011?

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
Guess we should also make a separate thread for the number of games the Colts will lose in 2011?

alex-trebek-autotune-jeopardy.jpg

What are: "Random, Terrible Comebacks," Alex?

LiveWire said:
That's going to be a long thread.

Lemme improve it. Less or more, Livewire's wins in this season of Madden or the Colts season in real life. Go.

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
Yeah, Dark Souls doesn't do co-op or MP, right? I'll just get the superior version.

You can invade player zones in a PVP type situation.

Also, all types of chat are disabled in the 360 version:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31267240&postcount=3787

So there really is no bonus to using Xbox Live. Good news is the 360 version sounds pretty solid, but since I have Demon's Souls on PS3 I'm getting the sequel on PS3 as well.

Also, not a fan of the 360 dpad and the dpad is used in the game.

BigAT

Rorschach said:
Yeah, Dark Souls doesn't do co-op or MP, right? I'll just get the superior version.
Not in the traditional sense. You can still do it a bit if you collude on AIM or something like that.

Ferny

Hey sorry bro meant to come on here and tell you. I got held up at work a bit can you play later tonight or I can play all day tomorrow.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Ferny said:
Hey sorry bro meant to come on here and tell you. I got held up at work a bit can you play later tonight or I can play all day tomorrow.

no problem, I guess tomorrow would be best, I'll hit you up around the same time...

Mrbob

This is the best thing I've read today:

How quickly do you want to reach Prestige in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3? If you want to take advantage of a never-ending stream of double XP (amongst other things), you'll want to grab some Mountain Dew. Two "Game Fuel" flavors are coming back, and in a unique promotion with Activision, purchasing a bottle will give you access to double experience time.

The "Rank Up Your Game with Double XP" promotion will begin in October, giving fans a chance to stock up on codes before the game's November launch. Both citrus-cherry and tropical flavors of Game Fuel will unlock double XP time. If you can't stand Mountain Dew, there is an alternative: the XP promotion also extends to Doritos tortilla chips, through the "Power of One" program.

"DEW fans have been clamoring for the return of Mountain Dew Game Fuel, so we wanted to really fire them up with a partnership that gets to the core of what DEW is all about," Mountain Dew VP of marketing Brett O'Brien said in a press release. "With this partnership we get to make sure that Mountain Dew fuels both the fans and their Call of Duty gameplay while they play Modern Warfare 3."

"For many of our gamers, Call of Duty and Mountain Dew go hand in hand, and together we wanted to deliver gamers a one-of-a-kind program around the epic Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer," Activision's chief marketing officer Tim Ellis added.

1torxx.png

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
You can invade player zones in a PVP type situation.

Also, all types of chat are disabled in the 360 version:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31267240&postcount=3787

So there really is no bonus to using Xbox Live. Good news is the 360 version sounds pretty solid, but since I have Demon's Souls on PS3 I'm getting the sequel on PS3 as well.

Also, not a fan of the 360 dpad and the dpad is used in the game.
I know about the ghosts and the gankin'. Lots of dpad use? PS3 for sure.

Smokey said:
Amazon isn't offering a promo code for $$$ off for buying Dark Souls?

No buy.

YOU should be paying more than $60 for dark souls. how fortunate that we get the game (and the collectors edition no less!) for $60. in a world with shitty FPS after shitty FPS, this game reigns supreme above all.

only competition for GOTY is batman.... MAYBE uncharted 3.

in other news, let us not forget that the league advances on wednesday at 9 pm pst. so get your games in or roll the dice with the CPU!

Mrbob

No post release nickel and dime DLC either. Game is packed with so much content it doesn't need it! Dark Souls, a true gaming champion!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just started Demon Soul's... Wouldn't say it's kicking my ass, wouldn't say it's doing anything... does it pick up? Kinda slow lol :(

What character is best to go with? I went with a Hunter and he seems boring as shit.

Wellington said:
Just started Demon Soul's... Wouldn't say it's kicking my ass, wouldn't say it's doing anything... does it pick up? Kinda slow lol :(

What character is best to go with? I went with a Hunter and he seems boring as shit.

it's about making your way through. might seem a bit easy to start on that first level.... until you run into the blue knight and red knight. you just have to be really careful. you will find lots of nice shortcuts and loot if you look.

the best class is up to you. i used a hunter type on my first playthrough. i got about 10 hours in and didn't like it much. i then tried out the magician and that is what i loved. the old spice mana was hard to come by until you get to a spot in world 3-2 where you can easily stock up at the merchant. then i had all my spells available to me to use as i wished and i dominated people! i still died plenty but i was able to beat the game. motherfucking king allant is a bitch though. i honestly probably died on him 20 times. very intense battles too.

i also heard the Royal class is similar to the magician. you might say they are "easy" mode characters because you can kill people from a distance. however, you can technically start as any class and build them up however you please!

DMczaf said:
Looks like I'm joining you, FMT. Just ordered this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KZHRAM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Now when are we Brothers Til the End?!

smart man! great card!

i might be able to play tonight. i think i told my gf we'd go do something but i can't remember if that was tonight or tomorrow.... nor can i remember what it was. she gets home soon though so we'll see

Ugh, threw that one away, good game Giants owner. Couldn't generate any running attack at all, all of the short yardage runs I was just short of the line so I had to pass in short yardage... eventually threw an INT in the red zone trying to go up by a TD under 2 minutes left, and couldn't hold it.

Good game.

I'm blaming Ken Wisenhunt

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
it's about making your way through. might seem a bit easy to start on that first level.... until you run into the blue knight and red knight. you just have to be really careful. you will find lots of nice shortcuts and loot if you look.

the best class is up to you. i used a hunter type on my first playthrough. i got about 10 hours in and didn't like it much. i then tried out the magician and that is what i loved. the old spice mana was hard to come by until you get to a spot in world 3-2 where you can easily stock up at the merchant. then i had all my spells available to me to use as i wished and i dominated people! i still died plenty but i was able to beat the game. motherfucking king allant is a bitch though. i honestly probably died on him 20 times. very intense battles too.

i also heard the Royal class is similar to the magician. you might say they are "easy" mode characters because you can kill people from a distance. however, you can technically start as any class and build them up however you please!

Started over with the magician, you're right, feels much better. Hunter was boring as fuck.

BigAT

The Albatross said:
Ugh, threw that one away, good game Giants owner. Couldn't generate any running attack at all, all of the short yardage runs I was just short of the line so I had to pass in short yardage... eventually threw an INT in the red zone trying to go up by a TD under 2 minutes left, and couldn't hold it.

Good game.

I'm blaming Ken Wisenhunt
Very good game. Thank god I was finally able to get something going on offense in the second half, I was pretty dreadful in the first half. Part of that was due to atrocious field positioning. My first two drives started on the 1 yard line and then the 10. Not very fun. Clutch TAINT by Boley to seal the game late.

Somnia

They are letting gamestop employees in at midnight pst tonight (and select others I assume), everyone else tomorrow at like noon I believe if you pre-ordered BF3 on origin or registered Medal of Honor on any system. Otherwise it goes live for everyone on Thursday.

BigAT said:
Very good game. Thank god I was finally able to get something going on offense in the second half, I was pretty dreadful in the first half. Part of that was due to atrocious field positioning. My first two drives started on the 1 yard line and then the 10. Not very fun. Clutch TAINT by Boley to seal the game late.

My only strategy is to punt. Punting is my most effective play. I don't want to give away my defensive strategy which is... basically just play conservatively hoping for mistakes on defense, and then punt on offense to try tomove the ball down field, and hopefully get 1 offensive TD.

Ken Wisenhunt's uninspired playcalling at the end is to blame. Not my play calling. Ken Wisenhunt.

eznark

Banned
TheCrow said:
That's fine by me and I might just put on my headset too. It can be a first for the league.
You around to play?

Oh sweet, forgot the beta starts. Can't wait to see how it isnt at all changed from the alpha!...which was perfect.

i hate the way the NFL did the schedule this year. i know they did it because of the lockout but its just bogus that i only play 2 NFC west games in the first 11 weeks of the season.

i suppose on the other hand its good in that you can make a run at the division if you were a couple games back but i'd rather it was spread out more evenly like it is in normal years

BigAT

The Albatross said:
My only strategy is to punt. Punting is my most effective play. I don't want to give away my defensive strategy which is... basically just play conservatively hoping for mistakes on defense, and then punt on offense to try tomove the ball down field, and hopefully get 1 offensive TD.

Ken Wisenhunt's uninspired playcalling at the end is to blame. Not my play calling. Ken Wisenhunt.
You're a good punter. I hate that the game automatically decides when to move your returner upfield this year. I should be the one to decide whether or not I want to let the ball bounce into the end zone. When the game moves you automatically, it becomes real hard to get back to make a fair catch, let alone to try to have momentum going upfield. That definitely was responsible for me getting the ball at the 1 on my first possession, no way I would have let that ball drop with how close it was to the sideline.

TheCrow

eznark said:
You around to play?

Oh sweet, forgot the beta starts. Can't wait to see how it isnt at all changed from the alpha!...which was perfect.
Yep, just watching something Netflix. Send me an invite when you're ready.

Yeah.... blame the game mechanics, not your faulty Punt returning skills!

but... yeah, agreed about punt returning guys just moving out of the way and making it impossible to get back. Plus, it's so risky to get back because there's like a 40% chance the ball just bounces off your helmet into the endzone.

Top Bottom