• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Ramirez

Smokey said:
I play the ravens. We can all be friends this week!

lol, I totally misunderstood what you meant by that fix, I'm so used to the Jags being a non factor in these leagues (and the real NFL!).

BigAT

GG Mik, I don't know what is up with all the rain. I feel like someone at EA left that variable too high.

Very happy that I was able to get through this stretch without Terrell Thomas. With the bye week next for the Giants, he should be back in action for week 8 against the Dolphins.

Rorschach

Let me know when you want to rumble, Striker.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wow you went for 2 at the end to win as opposed to going to OT? that takes some balls!
With 6 seconds left. I wish we had spectator mode so bad. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Re 2 pt conversion

I had done it against striker with 12 seconds left in the game as well.

He scored with 4:07 and I knew that I wanted to do it, so I just drove and ate clock all the way down the field so that I had the ball last or scored with as little time as possible. I don't think that I could have stopped his offense in a last drive scenario or in OT. Cheap win. My best guard is on that side and my FB is now good so I should have just done an HB dive but I defaulted to doing an FB Dive with Benson. My reasoning - I had installed the HB toss out of the formation I was in as an audible, so I had Benson as the up back to push it in, if Luke had stuffed up the middle I had Scott (93) speed as the RB for a toss. A win is a win, but it feels cheap.

That game would have been epic for spectator mode. The entire time I had the ball in the third quarter I kept trying to call a run out of the singleback y trips, but luke was running a 46 D. So I got to the line and kept checking to pass plays (that was my base formation for the game so I had four passes in that formation as audibles) until he would finally loosen up. I kept doing wonky shit with my DEs and LBs to try and stop Tamme and Clark, to no avail. He was in 2 TE sets and I kept putting my high speed DEs in man coverage on them since they were over each TE. Meaning I'd have double coverage with my LBs and DEs on the TEs and rush only 2, my user controlled Abraham and Peko. Didn't work out well as I kept getting sucked into doubles featuring Jeff Saturday. Your boy Luke kept fucking beating the coverage. I figured most of the game his reads were from inside out, so I wanted to give the illusion that his inner routes were covered and had to go to a WR where I was hoping that either Hall or Clements could make a play. That never came. I started trying to press them to buy more time for my pass rush and frazzle Luke more but couldn't get anything done.

LukeSmith

I missed a Vinatieri FG in the first half, ball came out to the left, even though I had barely aimed it to the left, and hit it on the nose. That was the difference.

I ran a bunch of 4-6 (but the package I set up was 4-1-6) and then ran an audibled nickel that was also a 4-1-6 to keep DBs on rather than my garbage linebackers (though my fifth and sixth DBs are probably even worse than my linebackers). Lotta cover 2, lotta cover 3 that looks like Cover 2 for the first few seconds, and then a couple of other things.

Anyone's whose played me knows what they are getting on D from me (not much!)

Rorschach

lol when recalling the story about the origins of lifelong, I was looking at old avatars and, in one of the folders, I found these doodles. This was back when I did rankings for the league and I was doing them on a napkin during lunch...

ir8VcIquobm7i.jpg

It must have been one of those sleepless days. :| I love the creativity on the 49ers logo.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Smokey said:
I play the ravens. We can all be friends this week!

when do you want to play? I can do it early before the games tomorrow, otherwise monday after work, I get home around 7 est...

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
lol when recalling the story about the origins of lifelong, I was looking at old avatars and, in one of the folders, I found these doodles. This was back when I did rankings for the league and I was doing them on a napkin during lunch...

ir8VcIquobm7i.jpg

It must have been one of those sleepless days. :| I love the creativity on the 49ers logo.
lol love the Bills one, you need to change it to a wagon of some sort

DCX

Ferny

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Ferny what's your weekend look like? I'm going fishing tonight or tomorrow morning but other than that I'm free.
We can play tomorrow. Let me know when your good.

Smokey

BREAKING NEWS

The Houston Texans trade Mario Williams (ROLB) and their 2012 2nd round pick to the Atlanta Falcons for Tony Gonzalez (TE) and Jonathan Babineaux(DT). With this move the Texans have a bonafide TE to replace Owen Daniels and a nice DT in Babineaux to replace the undersized Shaun Cody. The Texans also give themselves $5 million in cap space with this deal. Mike Peterson will slide to his natural ROLB position in replace of Mario, and Connor Barwin will resume his LOLB duties.

LukeSmith

1. That deal shouldn't have ever got through. This isn't the NBA.
2. If either team has played their game this week already (DCX), the players can't be traded during the week, since all of the games occur on the same "day."

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
2. If either team has played their game this week already (DCX), the players can't be traded during the week, since all of the games occur on the same "day."
Seems fair to me. Let it ride!

goldlion054 said:
GG FMT. I guess it just wasn't meant to be tonight.

yeah gg. felt like the game dealt me a couple bad hands (the gore fumble, then the holding penalty on the kap run) but i survived. thank god you didn't have any timeouts left! fucking calvin johnson....

LukeSmith said:

i dont know, it seems like a fair deal to me. i have denied a lot of trade requests, some borderline ok, but this one i didn't feel was ridiculous

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:

Classic NBA move...trading the big expiring contract!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah gg. felt like the game dealt me a couple bad hands (the gore fumble, then the holding penalty on the kap run) but i survived. thank god you didn't have any timeouts left! fucking calvin johnson....

The holding Penalties were crap for you. But to be fair, i was mashing strip everytime i hit Gore. It was bound to happen.

And CB is totally right when he said your Defensive Backs make magic plays ;-)

Looking forward to the Playoff rematch

DCX

DCX
goldlion054 said:
GG FMT. I guess it just wasn't meant to be tonight.

And Vernon Davis is way worse than Frank to deal with. Much, much worse
VD is the offensive version of Pwill :/

DCX

goldlion054 said:
The holding Penalties were crap for you. But to be fair, i was mashing strip everytime i hit Gore. It was bound to happen.

And CB is totally right when he said your Defensive Backs make magic plays ;-)

Looking forward to the Playoff rematch

nah i know i can't be mad about gore fumbling since he does it in real life. just sucks when it happens, especially that animation where i can't control anything as i'm going down. DM got a fumble TD return on me in the same manner :(

and yeah my DB's have been making some unlikely picks of late! i made a couple bad passes on the picks i threw. after you got that first manual INT i started trying to run people off in front of you to see if you'd take the bait and you did a couple times where i narrowly got the completion to the other guy.

suh beasted the middle of my line time and time again. god bless you VD!

also some weird post game stats:

Lions total offensive yards (according to EA) - 457 (252 passing, 64 rushing). don't think that adds up EA!

49ers red zone offense: 3 attempts, 4 scores.... 133% efficiency according to EA. thanks!

and i would prefer to not see you in the playoffs! too many weapons to defend on offense. i really got away lucky that calvin only had 4 catches and best is a bitch in the open field (as you saw by my whiffs on that flats pass..... at least no one can claim i use defensive assist!)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
and i would prefer to not see you in the playoffs! too many weapons to defend on offense. i really got away lucky that calvin only had 4 catches and best is a bitch in the open field (as you saw by my whiffs on that flats pass..... at least no one can claim i use defensive assist!)

I have to win the division frrst. So you might be safe!

Ramirez

Balb said:
When do you want to play Ramirez?

Are you around now?

Well, looks like I missed you by a few minutes, if you come back, I'll be on Live, sent you a FR.

My availability tomorrow is sketchy, but I'll probably be around in the late afternoon.

Balb

Ramirez said:
Are you around now?

Well, looks like I missed you by a few minutes, if you come back, I'll be on Live, sent you a FR.

My availability tomorrow is sketchy, but I'll probably be around in the late afternoon.

I can play in like 15 minutes if that's fine with you.

Top Bottom