• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DMczaf

Birdman02 said:
gg DM. Worst game of madden I've ever played. You should have picked off every pass I threw. Absolutely terrible.

That long ass drive in the 1st was killing me, and then Talib decides he wants to catch every pass ever thrown to him to save me.

Birdman02

DMczaf said:
That long ass drive in the 1st was killing me, and then Talib decides he wants to catch every pass ever thrown to him to save me.

I finally got a solid running game going, but I just went brain dead every time I dropped back to pass.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol how are the eagles a top 10 team in the power rankings? i guess the game has an affinity for the eagles.... just like the real life media
He wins big, and loses little. A shot in the dark but thats my assumption.

DCX

Balb

gg Ramirez. Pissed that it didn't let me call a timeout before the half ended but there's nothing I can do about that. fun game otherwise.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol how are the eagles a top 10 team in the power rankings? i guess the game has an affinity for the eagles.... just like the real life media

LM knows whats up

i downloaded the battlefield 3 beta on ps3 and played it..... man it looks kinda crappy compared to the PC vids ive seen, even on medium or low pc settings.

as emmitt smith would say, i can't never go back to console multi-platform titles!

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i downloaded the battlefield 3 beta on ps3 and played it..... man it looks kinda crappy compared to the PC vids ive seen, even on medium or low pc settings.

as emmitt smith would say, i can't never go back to console multi-platform titles!

Your boy Steve Young said Rex Grossman would be a top 10 QB by the time the season was over. i feel as if Emmitt Smiff's stupidity rubbed off on him

Ramirez

Balb said:
gg Ramirez. Pissed that it didn't let me call a timeout before the half ended but there's nothing I can do about that. fun game otherwise.

You should probably look into expanding your playcalling beyond the same 5-6 plays, heh. I felt like Madden willed me to the win because of the complete stupidity going on in the game, meh.

Can we PLEASE turn weather off? The game completely tanks performance wise, it's really not fun to fight the extra lag with weather.

lol i like how after every game a lot of the new guys will say "gg" and then there is no "gg as well" in response, just a list of why it wasn't a gg for that person

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i like how after every game a lot of the new guys will say "gg" and then there is no "gg as well" in response, just a list of why it wasn't a gg for that person

I really don't feel like arguing about it, but...

Look at the stats, I used Timmons all game, had 11 total tackles and 2 INTs, I literally knew every single play he was running by the end of the 1st quarter. If the game wasn't so laggy it wouldn't have even been close. I was all over his passing plays, but the lag would take me out of the play, I blew the same running play up at least 5 times, he broke one early on the play, because again, the weather lag made me miss a ton of tackles.

And the reason I say Madden willed me to a win, I got like a 80 yard TD on an out route to Miller, and then with like a minute left in the game, I got my first ever KR TD, then a FF/FR on his next drive for the win, the game was about as fun as pounding a nail through my dick.

Ramirez said:
I really don't feel like arguing about it, but...

Look at the stats, I used Timmons all game, had 11 total tackles and 2 INTs, I literally knew every single play he was running by the end of the 1st quarter. If the game wasn't so laggy it wouldn't have even been close. I was all over his passing plays, but the lag would take me out of the play, I blew the same running play up at least 5 times, he broke one early on the play, because again, the weather lag made me miss a ton of tackles.

And the reason I say Madden willed me to a win, I got like a 80 yard TD on an out route to Miller, and then with like a minute left in the game, I got my first ever KR TD, then a FF/FR on his next drive for the win, the game was about as fun as pounding a nail through my dick.

not his fault there was lag! you could just say "gg but", just common courtesy but what do i know!

win or lose, lag or no lag, i will tell you GG after our game later this season. unless i lose, then i will nerd rage here in this very thread

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Your like a fucking video on good sportsmanship lately. Competition isnt rainbows and puppydogs. you should be mad when you lose. Im furious when i lose every time. If it wernt for parents making kids do the good game line after little league/AYSO/kid football and coaches/PR staff making college kids and pro athletes keep their mouth shut, you would hear this stuff all the time in real life.

Fortunately I dont have a coach or PR rep to keep me quiet!

By the way in my experience after we play, if i win, you say GG then go on to list 10 reasons how i got lucky. is that not the same shit but with a half hearted GG in the front.

Ramirez

The lag was the least of the problems FMT, the guy has a total of about 6-7 plays. I'm not going to tell someone GG if I don't actually feel that way.

I won the game, btw, not sure if you all knew that.

And does the no comment on weather mean you won't even consider turning it off?

Ramirez said:
The lag was the least of the problems FMT, the guy has a total of about 6-7 plays. I'm not going to tell someone GG if I don't actually feel that way.

I won the game, btw, not sure if you all knew that.

And does the no comment on weather mean you won't even consider turning it off?

there is no for sure correlation between weather and lag. i've had rainy games that were lagless and perfectly sunny days that were laggy. if people are noticing "hey, everytime it rains i get shitty lag" then i would turn it off. but i don't think that's the case since i have asked here and had people say the samething

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there is no for sure correlation between weather and lag. i've had rainy games that were lagless and perfectly sunny days that were laggy. if people are noticing "hey, everytime it rains i get shitty lag" then i would turn it off. but i don't think that's the case since i have asked here and had people say the samething

Every time I play in rain it lags a lot more, what exactly does the weather add except another random videogame factor on top of an already random game?

Jesus CB, did you play the CPU, or was that Livewire?

CB3

Ramirez said:
Every time I play in rain it lags a lot more, what exactly does the weather add except another random videogame factor on top of an already random game?

Jesus CB, did you play the CPU, or was that Livewire?
I don't think I could put up that many points on the cpu

CB3 said:
I don't think I could put up that many points on the cpu

lolol

alright, ill ask again. has anyone noticed more lag in bad weather games vs. regular sunny games?

i like weather on not necessarily for the rain/snow but because with wind it adds a bit of strategy to the kicking game

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lolol

alright, ill ask again. has anyone noticed more lag in bad weather games vs. regular sunny games?

i like weather on not necessarily for the rain/snow but because with wind it adds a bit of strategy to the kicking game

I've had lagless weather games and weather games with a bunch of lag. I don't think has much to do with the weather. Is there a way to make it less common? Or just on/off.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lolol

The games I have played in the rain have been laggy pieces of shit. With that said, its rain and slop and it simulates the randomness and overall shittiness that a rain game should be.

We all should experience it and it would be unfair to the "rain" losers this season if we changed it. Maybe a season 2 move.

DCX

eznark

Banned
That game that almost made me quit was in the raind, I didn't realize that was the likely cause of lag. Sorry to whoever I was playing for questioning your connections.

Story, I'm not sure I'll be able to play tomorrow but I will try. Been gone all weekend and have people coming in for a couple nights.

eznark said:
That game that almost made me quit was in the raind, I didn't realize that was the likely cause of lag. Sorry to whoever I was playing for questioning your connections.

Story, I'm not sure I'll be able to play tomorrow but I will try. Been gone all weekend and have people coming in for a couple nights.

I should be around Tuesday as well. Just don't Livewire me! :jnc

Striker

I haven't had any weather issues. I think it adds a little something to the game. It isn't detrimental to the game like Fight for the Fumble, at least.

Rorschach said:
Let me know when you want to rumble, Striker.
Been out these past three days sick. Also had to work. :x

I have these next three days off, however. What hours are best for you?

Rorschach

Striker said:
I haven't had any weather issues. I think it adds a little something to the game. It isn't detrimental to the game like Fight for the Fumble, at least.

Been out these past three days sick. Also had to work. :x

I have these next three days off, however. What hours are best for you?
I'm home all day. Tomorrow, I'm home after 4 pacific.

BigAT

My worlds are blending together. I was surprised to see Owen Daniels just make a TD catch because I thought he was out for the year in real life.

LukeSmith

BigAT said:
My worlds are blending together. I was surprised to see Owen Daniels just make a TD catch because I thought he was out for the year in real life.

Smokey and DCX are somehow worse GMs than their real life counterparts

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lolol

The rain heavily affected my game with Balb but I never felt lag.

GCQuinton

Wellington said:
The rain heavily affected my game with Balb but I never felt lag.

Same with my game against the Packers. There might have been one spot where it chugged a bit but I never had any serious lag on my end. The way he talked about it, you'd think we were playing NFL 2K1 or something. Keep the weather in.

DMczaf

Everyone is playing uninstalled right? Luke and I played our first game and I was installed, had TONS of lag and slowdown. Then we played our league game with both of us uninstalled and it was eliminated.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Everyone is playing uninstalled right? Luke and I played our first game and I was installed, had TONS of lag and slowdown. Then we played our league game with both of us uninstalled and it was eliminated.
fixed it for me and it worked for LJ. Installed load times aren't much better, anyway.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Playing installed. Part of me is superstitious after games were dropping and people were getting RRODs playing uninstalled.

Edit: In like Madden 10/11 I mean. I don't think it's been an issue this year.

Ramirez

GCQuinton said:
Same with my game against the Packers. There might have been one spot where it chugged a bit but I never had any serious lag on my end. The way he talked about it, you'd think we were playing NFL 2K1 or something. Keep the weather in.

It really does add .5 seconds or so to the input delay, but then again, you like HFA on, the king of randomness in videogames.

If it affects only just 2-3 people, I still say it's enough reason to turn it off. I've won both of my games in the rain, so it's not like I'm hurt over a loss from it, it just makes the game tank performance wise for me, it could be the framerate taking a hit as well, which would probably be different for every time of day or the stadium it's played in.

Playing the game uninstalled didn't help mine and LJ's lag together, there is no true solution to this poorly tuned game.

BigAT

With too many DEs in front of him on the depth chart, I'm looking to move Mathias Kiwanuka before the deadline. He can be had for a third round pick, anyone interested?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
BREAKING NEWS

The Houston Texans trade Mario Williams (ROLB) and their 2012 2nd round pick to the Atlanta Falcons for Tony Gonzalez (TE) and Jonathan Babineaux(DT). With this move the Texans have a bonafide TE to replace Owen Daniels and a nice DT in Babineaux to replace the undersized Shaun Cody. The Texans also give themselves $5 million in cap space with this deal. Mike Peterson will slide to his natural ROLB position in replace of Mario, and Connor Barwin will resume his LOLB duties.
This is essentially a deal of Mario Williams and a 2nd rounder for Babineaux. Gonzo will prob retire after this Madden season. What really miffs me is that the justification for trading Abraham was that pressure is mostly generated by DTs, so then he trades his highest rated one? Weird.

GCQuinton

Ramirez said:
It really does add .5 seconds or so to the input delay, but then again, you like HFA on, the king of randomness in videogames.

If it affects only just 2-3 people, I still say it's enough reason to turn it off. I've won both of my games in the rain, so it's not like I'm hurt over a loss from it, it just makes the game tank performance wise for me, it could be the framerate taking a hit as well, which would probably be different for every time of day or the stadium it's played in.

Playing the game uninstalled didn't help mine and LJ's lag together, there is no true solution to this poorly tuned game.

We turned HFA off, quitter!

But yeah, I get there's the possibility of more lag simply because there's more stuff going on but, for me, it hasn't been bad to the point where the game was downright unplayable so far. I've won, and more than lost, enough games around here to know I have to adjust my gameplan when stuff starts chugging.

Playing installed, BTW.

McNei1y

More drama in the McNei1y world. My xbox live account/windows live ID got hacked. I woke up this morning with 80$ worth of Microsoft Points purchased as well as my account being closed. I called Microsoft and they said it will take 10-25 days to fix my account...

I am going to use one of my 1 month free cards to create an account for this league.

GCQuinton

Ramirez said:
I'm glad you seen the light. :p

It was more of a "this game's had enough problems, we don't need anymore potentially adding to it" kind of decision. Keeping it on for the regular season and turning it off during conference championships/bowls was what the majority of us decided on, though. If they wanted it off from the jump, that's what I would have did.

Changing things because 2-3 people out of 32 are complaining about it, all after losses btw, just seems premature. If that 2-3 changes to 9-10 or more, then yeah, that's enough to do something about it IMO.

Top Bottom