• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

McNei1y

Any chance we can play right now? I'm not trying to play to late since I have a lot of work left. Just trying to get this out of the way.

Mrbob

I took myself out that game. Good god I've never played so dumb in my life. I guess I shouldn't try new playbooks during a league game. That's the only thing I can explain 3 red zone ints I had that game due to me hitting the wrong button. I almost busted my controller smokey style after the last one in the 4th. I had to pause the game to cool down lol.

I couldn't believe that shit. Y receiver streaking wide open into the end zone and I hit X. Let me throw into triple coverage instead of hitting the open guy!

To do it once would be one thing. But three times? Unbelievable. You would think maybe the Madden gods might give me a break but nope! Every single one was picked off. No drops by the defenders.

So crazy.

McNei1y

Yea man. The game was giving me break after break. It was pretty ridiculous how lucky I got. I do love Greenway though. Easily my defensive MVP. The guy literally catches everything in his way.

Mrbob

All Day is still a monster in the game.

When are we vancing? Those INTs are going to haunt me until I play another game.

Mrbob

Shipment 1 of 1
Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate: October 4, 2011

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Dark Souls Collector's Edition
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

Nope. :( Normally my product has shipped by now.

mine shipped this afternoon. amazon rewarding me for ordering in may!

as far as the smokey controversey, he is benching both players for his next game. i'm not going to make him bench the guys for multiple games when it is my fault. i should have told him about the rule when i approved the trade and i didn't.

he obviously wasn't trying to break the rules or trick anyone. one game benching is fair!

in other news, only 3 games left! what's the status?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:

as far as the smokey controversey, he is benching both players for his next game. i'm not going to make him bench the guys for multiple games when it is my fault. i should have told him about the rule when i approved the trade and i didn't.

he obviously wasn't trying to break the rules or trick anyone. one game benching is fair!

Dunno... Striker keeps falling asleep on me.

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Go restructure C-Web's contract.

Rorschach said:
Can I restructure a 400k, 2 year deal?

restructure whatever you want as long as its front loaded.

but keep in mind you can only restructure 1 player per year and you can't ever restructure the same contract twice

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Still waiting for Sanjuro to respond if he can play tonight or tomorrow.

Striker

Rorschach said:
Sitting them out for the next game means vs the Titans. I'm sure Smokey is trembling.

[edit]Striker: gonna go take a shower in case you're still awake or only took a nap. If you fell asleep, I'll be available tomorrow after 4. If that's too late, then Wednesday I'm free earlier.
Oh, I missed this. Sorry Rors.

So around 7 EST, I'll be around. :eek:)

DCX

DCX
goldlion054 said:
Thursday anytime after 12 beast coast or Friday after 3. Preferably Thursday
Midnight? Ugh..ill see what I can do. I can do after 9pm est but I wake up around 6am. I have weekends off so Friday any time after 9 through whenever is good.

Saturday is good all day.

DCX

DCX said:
Midnight? Ugh..ill see what I can do. I can do after 9pm est but I wake up around 6am. I have weekends off so Friday any time after 9 through whenever is good.

Saturday is good all day.

DCX

oh, i meant 11 am est hahaha

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
There are a lot of close races right now, but somehow, the only one that really excites me is the AFC North.

Naw, I'm out. Gonna finish 5-11 with the way I'm playing at the moment.

BigAT

Well I ended up cancelling my Dark Souls order with Amazon. It still hadn't shipped when I woke up this morning and the CS rep couldn't even give me a firm date on when it would get shipped. I was able to get a $10 promo certificate for their failure though. Still, very frustrating.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
Well I ended up cancelling my Dark Souls order with Amazon. It still hadn't shipped when I woke up this morning and the CS rep couldn't even give me a firm date on when it would get shipped. I was able to get a $10 promo certificate for their failure though. Still, very frustrating.
You are a master of gaming the system. Jeez.

BigAT said:

Thats awful. Gonna try and find it at a store near by?

BigAT

goldlion054 said:
Thats awful. Gonna try and find it at a store near by?
Yeah, probably going to head out to Gamestop or Walmart sometime today. It means I'm not getting the CE anymore, but I don't really care . Once most of it went to digital I lost a lot of interest. If it meant just waiting a day I would have stayed with Amazon probably, but when they couldn't even guarantee that I decided to bail.

BigAT said:
Yeah, probably going to head out to Gamestop or Walmart sometime today. It means I'm not getting the CE anymore, but I don't really care . Once most of it went to digital I lost a lot of interest. If it meant just waiting a day I would have stayed with Amazon probably, but when they couldn't even guarantee that I decided to bail.

I also ordered the guide a couple weeks ago which is now listed out of print.... on the first day?! Luckily mine shipped

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
If Smokey is being punished, why isn't CB being punished for running up the score? :shrug

Its not running up the score when your opponent is going for it on 4th down from his 20

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I still believe you should sit Vick and DeSean Jackson when we play next season.

And trade me Steve Smith.

That is your punishment.

BigAT

Just got back from Gamestop with a copy of DS. I'm not a strategy guide type of guy, but this one looked so good I decided to pick it up. Hardcover and it's huge.

LukeSmith

BigAT said:
Just got back from Gamestop with a copy of DS. I'm not a strategy guide type of guy, but this one looked so good I decided to pick it up. Hardcover and it's huge.

I am debating swinging over to Best Buy, Amazon credited my account with some cash, but couldn't give me a firm delivery date other than "we hope to have it to you tomorrow"

Sanjuro

Hopefully I can get back home tonight. My car is still dead and I'm getting caught behind in classes. I feel like a stressed out Helen Keller.

Mrbob

Had a wonderful quest today! Almost like a game within a game!

1) Canceled the order from Amazon because the game didn't ship

2) Ordered it through Bestbuy.com for store pickup since I would get a 10 dollar gift card with purchase

3) Went to best buy and they wouldn't let me pick up the order because best buy dot com didn't process it yet. Had to wait for it to be processed before pickup. This was one hour after placing the order online too

4) Needed to go to Target, and they had Dark Souls in stock with a 10 dollar gift card. Two left so I bought it there game is mine!

5) Went to cancel the best buy order online when I got home but it just processed so I had to call 800 number

6) Called 800 number and after about 10 minutes of talking to someone my order finally canceled.

7) Got an email confirmation of my cancellation 5 minutes later

8) 5 minutes after this I received another email from best buy saying there is a billing problem with my order, and I need to contact them or my order will be canceled. See 6 and 7.

Glad to see Best Buy is on the ball. After all the drama today I finally have Dark Souls though!

Top Bottom