• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Smokey

McNei1y said:
So how is the online association? Does it work exactly like the offline mode, like rookie drafts, camps, etc etc?

Online working in a 2k title at launch? Cmon son.

I'll let you know by the weekend lol. But from what I've read in the Developer Insight it's the exact same offline Association but put online and supports 32 users. So you have offseason, salary cap, trade vetos (this will actually come in handy) by league members and a bunch of other nice stuff.

McNei1y

Smokey said:
Online working in a 2k title at launch? Cmon son.

I'll let you know by the weekend lol. But from what I've read in the Developer Insight it's the exact same offline Association but put online and supports 32 users. So you have offseason, salary cap, trade vetos (this will actually come in handy) by league members and a bunch of other nice stuff.

Ah yea I forgot how crappy 2k is. Well that sounds cool as shit. I may have to get into one of them when I pick 2k up down the road. I've always wanted something like this. Hopefully MLB 2k follows its steps. It seems like it has the past 4 years (i.e. using the same interface, feature updates, etc). To bad 2k is the only baseball game for xbox. Isn't EA supposed to finally get a chance to make baseball games in the coming year? Anyway, cool shit. Definitely look forward to NBA's Association.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I don't know if I can handle a basketball game without Shaq. He has been there for almost twenty years.

He is on one of the legendary teams

DCX said:
How are we not vanced? I thought brewers got and Story were playing last night after the game :(

DCX

We never said that....the Brewers would have finished around 12:30 and I was in dreamland by then. I never heard back from him anyway. Hopefully he can play tonight, I don't want to get another SIM loss. :(

eznark

Banned
DCX said:
How are we not vanced? I thought brewers got and Story were playing last night after the game :(

DCX

We were gonna play Monday but we didn't get it worked out and now I have people in town from St. Louis so playing a game while the Cardinals game is on feels like a dick move and I'd sooner throw away my 360 than miss a pitch in the Brewers game. Hopefully we can play before 6 tonight. If not, story can play the computer. I don't care about my record.

DCX

DCX
My bad guys I tried to connect the dots and assumed u were supposed to play after the Brewers game. Carry on :)

On that note, it seems that if the ganesh doesn't get done or started by 6 pm est we sim or Story plays the CPU.

In any event Gold, we dance tonight. I'll be free around 9 pm est if you are available :)

DCX

Sim it! He offered me the chance to play the CPU Packers but I've played them on All-Pro with the Falcons and I'll be damned if I waste my team playing them on All-Madden with the Rams. I'll take my chances with the sim.

lol

Mrbob

Marcum lol. Playoff choke job with Ted Lilly style glove toss after a home run. Not as awesome as Lilly's throw down but still funny!

goldlion054 said:
Ugh, between you guys and the OT for Dark Souls, I think I'm going to cave on it this weekend

YOU ARE DEAD.

Do it.

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
Marcum lol. Playoff choke job with Ted Lilly style glove toss after a home run. Not as awesome as Lilly's throw down but still funny!

Not as funny as this:

Qs8Di.png

Sucks to fucking suck, Bob. Enjoy trading prospects for a GM!

Mrbob

How dumb is your manager? He is going to throw Wolf into a close out game? Why not use Gallardo tonight and save Greinke for game 5, if needed?

Maybe he wants a repeat of last night?

MarcumGlove.gif.opt.gif

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
How dumb is your manager? He is going to throw Wolf into a close out game? Why not use Gallardo tonight and Greinke for game 5?

He is very, very dumb. Thankfully not Kirk Gibson dumb, but pretty stupid nonetheless.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
eznark said:
He is very, very dumb. Thankfully not Kirk Gibson dumb, but pretty stupid nonetheless.
Interested in seeing how the Brewers rotation will be set up. I think they didn't pitch Greinke at all against Philly when they played them after the all start break and Gallardo was at the end of the series. Not like it was a pivotal matchup at the time so who cares.

BTW my prediction before the season was the Brewers in the World Series. I'm looking pretty decent right now!

eznark

Banned
Wellington said:
Interested in seeing how the Brewers rotation will be set up. I think they didn't pitch Greinke at all against Philly when they played them after the all start break and Gallardo was at the end of the series. Not like it was a pivotal matchup at the time so who cares.

BTW my prediction before the season was the Brewers in the World Series. I'm looking pretty decent right now!

Greinke missed the Phillies because he was still on the DL early and pitched the last game of the Cardinals series immediately preceding the Phillies series in September. It wasn't intentional.

Mrbob

Neogaf drama of the day in the link below! Some neogaffer took a bunch of DOTA 2 beta keys meant for distribution here and sold them for around 3K on ebay. Crazy how much money he got for them!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447493

LukeSmith said:
You're just trying to district everyone from your pending undefeated season!

Rors can't go undefeated when I'm on his schedule. I'm going to channel all my Madden energy into one last game, beat Rors, and then quit. I'll have nothing left to accomplish in Madden then.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
You're just trying to district everyone from your pending undefeated season!
Nah. I've got some hard games ahead. I still haven't even played the Chargers and the Broncos are coming around again.

Mrbob said:
Neogaf drama of the day in the link below! Some neogaffer took a bunch of DOTA 2 beta keys meant for distribution here and sold them for around 3K on ebay. Crazy how much money he got for them!

Rors can't go undefeated when I'm on his schedule. I'm going to channel all my Madden energy into one last game, beat Rors, and then quit. I'll have nothing left to accomplish in Madden then.
Yeah, that's fucked up. I entered for the drawing. :<

And I won't be undefeated by the time you play me.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The amount of Eeyoring going on is incredible.

Atleast Bob is confident. Even though we all know its misplaced.

BigAT

Mrbob said:

I recognize that guys name from StarcraftII-GAF. Apparently he used to maphack even during friendly matches against fellow GAFers.

You guys are confused.

King = conquerer of
Madden Cheese = eznarks packers

In reality I think we're 1-1. Funny how Ramirez, luke, and eznark talk the most when I don't face any of 'em for real til at least season 2

eznark

Banned
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
You guys are confused.

King = conquerer of

In reality I think we're 1-1. Funny how Ramirez, luke, and eznark talk the most when I don't face any of 'em for real til at least season 2

Actually I didn't think you did anything wrong when we played to be honest. But yes, we are 1-1.

I'm not even good enough to find a cheese play with the Packers :(

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
You guys are confused.

King = conquerer of

Maybe you are unfamiliar with these posters if you think they are only talking trash because they don't play you this season......

DCX, possibly tonight. More likely tomorrow!

Smokey

That dude straight played GAF and made out with 3 stacks Stone cold. Apparently he's had a history of pulling crap like that. Amazing.

Guess if you need that cash flow you do what you gotta do, but that's messed up. Sure he doesn't care what people on the internet think when he's rolling around in unearned hundred dollar bills.

DCX

DCX
goldlion054 said:
Maybe you are unfamiliar with these posters if you think they are only talking trash because they don't play you this season......

DCX, possibly tonight. More likely tomorrow!
Let me know.

DCX

McNei1y

eznark said:
Actually I didn't think you did anything wrong when we played to be honest. But yes, we are 1-1.

I'm not even good enough to find a cheese play with the Packers :(

Yo, when do you want to go? Tomorrow? Tonight? Hmmm?

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
Birdles, when do you wanna do this?
Also: will your Wife or Son be watching?

Unless you can play in about an hour (assuming my boss keeps her promise and lets us leave early), then we'll have to play in the middle of the night, so my wife and son are asleep.

The next few nights after 10 est should be good for me, since the Rangers won't play again until Saturday.

Top Bottom