• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

daw840

DCX said:
KuGsj.gif

Dumb question, do you want to be better? Maybe i'm wording it wrong but some people have a desire to be better and some just hope to eventually be better. Do you lab with any of the vets? Pick their brains..PM, text, email?

You had some good seasons in 10 and hate to hear you basically give up the progress. Rors is S Tier, the one day you do score, tie the game, almost beat him and then finally overcome would be so satisfying.

CB has always been my nemesis. He has basically owned me from A-Z. I used to fear playing him, always knew i would lose..and my goals were to keep him from 50, 40 now it's a matter of time that i will pull out a last drive and win.

As much as he still finds ways to win doesn't discount the fact that even if it's .1% chance, he knows i'm not a complete push over and any given Sunday ( especially in Madden lol ) i could beat him. Thats progress. I believe i can give anyone in this league a tough game and can beat everyone, and have at some point or another.

BigAt is the new CB :( This fool just takes your soul lol I will find a way at some point :p

Rise up old man! Take back your man hood and strive to be better...trust me the vets love to help and want nothing but ultra competition :)

DCX

You know, I don't know what to do with Madden really. With 2k, I would just play and play and play. I beat Smokey once or twice (probably only once, really.) The way I did that was play the shit out of randoms. Get the timing down, know what plays work, etc. With Madden, I try to do that. I really do want to get better, but I can't hardly even beat randoms. Maybe it's just not my game. IDK.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The notebook and spreadsheet are extensions of my personality than serious business.

Ramirez said:
And he still can't beat me, what a waste of time.

lol

I can't beat you or I can't beat the Steelers? Let's be real here.

The Steelers has a highly rated defense with several 90+ rated players, Ramirez actually has the second worst overall D in the league.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
The notebook and spreadsheet are extensions of my personality than serious business.

The Steelers has a highly rated defense with several 90+ rated players, Ramirez actually has the second worst overall D in the league.
Based on yards given up?

DCX

Ramirez

Wellington said:

lol, you mad.

I'm glad you're already lining up the excuses when I take you out back to the wood shed twice this season though.

Somnia

storybook77 said:
Sim it! He offered me the chance to play the CPU Packers but I've played them on All-Pro with the Falcons and I'll be damned if I waste my team playing them on All-Madden with the Rams. I'll take my chances with the sim.

lol

Let me know when you can play. I am free tonight after 1030pm cst and I am on vacation tomorrow till Wednesday so I'm pretty much open.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Which version of Arkham City is everyone getting? Anyone waiting for superior master race version?

The Master Race version is still coming out alongside the PS3 version. Its the PC one that got delayed.

CB3

The cute part is you guys waiting a month for it to arrive smack in the middle of hell November

Have fun fitting it in with:

Battlefield
COD
Assassins Creed
Skyrim
Uncharted
Skyward Sword (Hesitant to even mention since you dudebro's are too cool to play it)

And various other smaller titles

Ramirez

Since Wellie felt the need to call out my defense, it's worth noting, I have the number 3 rushing defense, basically all of my yards are from passing. Which is fitting considering how poor my secondary is, I do not have a "ton of 90+" guys on my team, I have 5 who are above 90, Polamalu being the only one that is relevant in pass coverage.

I'm tied for a league worst 3 sacks, even though I have some of the most dominant (historically!) OLB's in the game, hard to stop the pass when the game refuses to let your guys get any pressure on QBs, and you have a bunch of scrubs in your secondary, my 2nd CB is 77 OVR, and my Nickel back is William Gay, need I say more?

I see Rors with 20 sacks and I just shake my head, what's the secret brah?

^ Awwwwwwwww yea

DCX

DCX
goldlion054 said:
you are up 19-14 and you run the fucking ball when i have no timeouts left and there a less than 1 minute left? Are you fucking kidding me? What if Turner fumbled? You are a bumbling idiot for that.

That game gave you every break possible. My defensive backs caught more balls than your receivers. Just had a case of the drops. Unlike your fucking super human DB's. Ball is within 5 yards? They got it. Fucking ridiculous

GG i suppose
GG Bad game from Ryan, Turner got bottled up and i don't know if you felt it but was there lag on your end? It just felt off. Well for my questionable late TD i get Weatherspoon out for 3 weeks and my Tony G replacement, Shawn Nelson, out for 8 weeks with a broken collarbone yay!! :/

DCX

Ramirez

Should you come on tonight Albatross, I'll be on Live the majority of the night if you want to play, I sent you a FR last night on Live.

CB3

by the way, im just gonna use you as an example real quick Goldy. since this situation is prime for it. Im in no way pointing you out.

Goldy, clearly frustrated and mad, puts this at the end of his post

GG i suppose

i see this back handed "Good game" after a paragraph of talking about how the game was BS from atleast 75% of you through the season. and the other 25% will complain about it on AIM. Yet ill get bitched at for not saying anything after certain games when i feel the same way. Isnt that the same thing? Infact, isnt it worse? Atleast im being real about it and not taking pot shots about it in sub text or behind peoples backs.

Moral of the story: You guys are far worse than I am, so I dont wanna hear any of it.

LukeSmith

Birdman02 said:
gg man. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Madden for this win. I couldn't have done it without him.

Ha - the immaculate reception of INTs + the magical late fumble with me inside the 15 in the last 1:40.

Sometimes you get the game, sometimes the game gets you!

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
Ha - the immaculate reception of INTs + the magical late fumble with me inside the 15 in the last 1:40.

Sometimes you get the game, sometimes the game gets you!

One other thing, I was gonna punt at the end of the 3rd, but gameflow wanted me to try the FG from 57. I accidentally called the gameflow play when the 4th started. I only tried the FG because I didn't want to waste a timeout. I knew Hartley could get close, but I wasn't sure he'd make it. Luckily, I hit it 100%.

CB3 said:
The cute part is you guys waiting a month for it to arrive smack in the middle of hell November

Have fun fitting it in with:

Battlefield
COD
Assassins Creed
Skyrim
Uncharted
Skyward Sword (Hesitant to even mention since you dudebro's are too cool to play it)

And various other smaller titles

not getting BF, COD, AC or skyward sword.

there are only 3 games you need this fall: dark souls, batman and uncharted. batman is going to be awesome on any console you can get it on but if you've played the PC version with physx there is no comparison to the console versions. but if you don't have the ability, console versions are still good.

dark souls has already wrapped up GOTY but there is still hope for sub-genre GOTY winners

Smokey

Wellington said:
Which version of Arkham City is everyone getting? Anyone waiting for superior master race version?

PC version. Got it for "free" when I bought my second 580. Also because it takes advantage of just about every PC (Nvidia) feature. Physx, 3D, Surround etc.

I hooked up my 3D Vision kit to my machine today and tried The Witcher 2. Amazing. I was used to bunk console 3D. Sub-HD, < 30fps, just overall horrible picture quality on my 3DTV so I stopped messing with console 3D games. On the PC though it's a whole different ball game. 1080p, 60fps all @ Ultra settings. The Witcher 2 is already the best looking PC game out. Combined with the 3D that shit was fucking amazing.

Top Bottom