• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

McNei1y

Smokey said:
At this point whenever a player gets hurt I always put in their backup when asked, or if possible. If you get the fade to black screen after an injury that's a hint that your player is screwed. Long term injury most of the time. From what I've read nobody else has lost a player for the entire year like I have, but there are lots of 5+ week injuries floating around.

I never knew about the fade to black thing. I'm always curious as to how long my player is injured for so thats a good tip. I always put my backup in when its a league game. I've gotten pretty lucky with some of my injuries. They've seemed to come back quickly during the game. Only one thats really been longer was Jared Allen out for 2-3 weeks.

edit: wrong quote lololol

LiveWire

Smokey said:
At this point whenever a player gets hurt I always put in their backup when asked, or if possible. If you get the fade to black screen after an injury that's a hint that your player is screwed. Long term injury most of the time. From what I've read nobody else has lost a player for the entire year like I have, but there are lots of 5+ week injuries floating around.

Tight End boo-hoo. I lost:

Starting CB (9 weeks)
Starting MLB (10 weeks)
Starting HB (7 weeks)

Deal with it. ;P

Smokey

LiveWire said:
Tight End boo-hoo. I lost:

Starting CB (9 weeks)
Starting MLB (10 weeks)
Starting HB (7 weeks)

Deal with it. ;P

I have dealt with it son. Still doesn't equal a full season.

Beware of the fade to black, im just sayin

Rorschach

Smokey said:
At this point whenever a player gets hurt I always put in their backup when asked, or if possible.
You guys were putting the poor fuckers back in? Even if it's a "green" one, I sit them out.

I got the fade to black for McFadden, then the cart, but it was only 1 series heh

daw840

Smokey said:

Eric Berry out for the season with a fractured knee cap.

:(

Somnia

Rorschach said:
You lost Romo? Man, that boy is made of glass. You should always know to have insurance by now. :p

Ya =( I will have to look into a decent back up after this season. Edwards will be fine for now, but Kitna is gonna retire anyways so had to get rid of his 6+ million contract.

LukeSmith

Somnia said:
Ya =( I will have to look into a decent back up after this season. Edwards will be fine for now, but Kitna is gonna retire anyways so had to get rid of his 6+ million contract.

Kerry Collins can be yours!

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss you're back!

Goddamn I've missed you. Why did you get banned?

Because you NARCed on me?

My ban message said I shouldn't be rude and vulgar when talking to/about fellow GAF members.

So either you said something to a mod or Ryan Payton posts on GAF.

Rorschach said:
Not trying to win? Then why even bother playing? People are tanking already? That's lame.

I'm still playing to be competitive I just don't go in expecting to win any of my games. It makes me rage less because I already expected to lose!

Plus my team has one huge, gaping hole on offense and his name is Tarvaris Jackson. I tried throwing the ball and developing a passing game for 2 games before I realized my best bet is to run with Beast Mode and hope for people to DCX themselves in the foot.

Surprisingly I had my closest game against Ramirez in Madden history this year!

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
Because you NARCed on me?

My ban message said I shouldn't be rude and vulgar when talking to/about fellow GAF members.

I'm still playing to be competitive I just don't go in expecting to win any of my games. It makes me rage less because I already expected to lose!

Plus my team has one huge, gaping hole on offense and his name is Tarvaris Jackson. I tried throwing the ball and developing a passing game for 2 games before I realized my best bet is to run with Beast Mode and hope for people to DCX themselves in the foot.

Surprisingly I had my closest game against Ramirez in Madden history this year!
Pew..

DCX

Somnia said:

You got rid of Shitna????? He is worth so much more than that 6 millions dollar contract! You can only blame yourself for this Som!

Mrbob

goldlion054 said:
That was my concern. But i just put my "fuck it" face on and bought it. It better be good, Bob!

I just got a halberd in the game, and the reach is letting me own enemies like a true boss!

It is an awesome game, but it is not forgiving. You are going to die. A lot. It is a punishing action/adventure/rpg, and you have to be in the right mode to play it. But when you get into a groove there really isn't anything quite like this game (besides the original).

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
7? Jesus.

Anyway, Pitt lives and dies by the zone blitz. You'll get torn up by Brady, but you'll kill everyone else. And Ike Taylor has some decent numbers. They're not great, but he's 85. When you have an all-90s front seven and a badass safety, that's really all you need.

When people's main targets are always the slot receiver and the TEs, it's really not that cut and dry.

I also just picked up DS, better not let me down!

LukeSmith

bluemax said:

Novery is Ryan Payton, so there you have it.

The thread is a better place with you here than gone! What would I do without my favorite internet tough guy?

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Novery is Ryan Payton, so there you have it.

The thread is a better place with you here than gone! What would I do without my favorite internet tough guy?

But Smokey was here all this time?

McNei1y

wow great game ez. Jennings and Rodgers are ridiculous combo. Again, I get a lucky pick in a key moment. The madden gods are helping me greatly this season.

AP getting stopped is such a pain. I'm definitely getting used to Ponder though. So much better than McNabb.

Mrbob said:
I just got a halberd in the game, and the reach is letting me own enemies like a true boss!

It is an awesome game, but it is not forgiving. You are going to die. A lot. It is a punishing action/adventure/rpg, and you have to be in the right mode to play it. But when you get into a groove there really isn't anything quite like this game (besides the original).

Was at target today and saw the $10 gift card deal they're running. Think I'm gonna end up a wanderer.

LukeSmith

Jesus Christ:

Noel Devine 14.2 ypc

If you're playing Crow and want to stop his run game, PM me. This crap has to stop.

Or draft Pwilly
Or be Rors

Mrbob

CB sacking up and playing a real man's game!

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Was at target today and saw the $10 gift card deal they're running. Think I'm gonna end up a wanderer.

Yup, that's what I did. Good deal. Now that the Rage issues are finally getting fixed I might go back there and pick it up and grab another 10 dollar gift card in the process.

BTW, did anyone pick up Crysis on PS3 or 360? Putting my PC L33TISM aside, I kind of want to play it. See how it stacks up on consoles. Crysis is still one of my favorite FPS games.

Mrbob

Got dayum Rage looks nice with 16K textures. Will my GTX 470 handle 8k? It has 1.28 GB of RAM.

I don't know what ID had been thinking with the auto configure. Just messed everything up. Neogaf does what ID don't by fixing the issues.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Got dayum Rage looks nice with 16K textures. Will my GTX 470 handle 8k? It has 1.28 GB of RAM.

I don't know what ID had been thinking with the auto configure. Just messed everything up.

Crazy how they left the PC version by default with 4k x 4k textures...same as the console smh. The auto configure "feature" was such a bad idea.

It probably won't work on your card. Game uses 1.8GB of VRAM off my card when running 16k textures. You could do 8k though.

Somnia

Mrbob said:

I don't know what ID had been thinking with the auto configure. Just messed everything up. Neogaf does what ID don't by fixing the issues.

I think you'll be fine with that card. Game is a beauty now that I've done what Smokey has done. Runs perfect too.

Nightz

Do you guys have any suggestions for a gaming headset that I can use on my PC, PS3 and 360? I know you guys were talking about it a while back. I also do not want to empty my pockets on this purchase.

LiveWire

Smokey said:
Crazy how they left the PC version by default with 4k x 4k textures...same as the console smh. The auto configure "feature" was such a bad idea.

It probably won't work on your card. Game uses 1.8GB of VRAM off my card when running 16k textures. You could do 8k though.

Lookityou dropping the knowledge. It seems like just yesterday you were IMing me in a panic on how to insert a PCI-E card into a motherboard. Kids, they grow up so fast! *wipes tear away from eye*

Mrbob

I think Smokey has Turtle Beach headphones. Tritton makes decent ones as well. I used to have a similar model to the AXPRO that is PC only before grabbing the corsairs:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017IUFAE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

These will work with PS3/PC/360. Wired but that isn't a big deal for me. You can get the Turtle Beach PX5 if you want wireless, but that will run you over 200 bucks.

Edit: I see Somnia mentioned the 720s. Those would be a good choice too depending on budget.

Edit 2: Now I'm getting hyped for Rage again after hearing you guys say the configs work. Sounds like ID delivered on a single player game.

LiveWire said:
Lookityou dropping the knowledge. It seems like just yesterday you were IMing me in a panic on how to insert a PCI-E card into a motherboard. Kids, they grow up so fast! *wipes tear away from eye*

No doubt. Soon I'm going to have to come to him for pc help!

Smokey

LiveWire said:

i'm pretty sure i didn't ask how to insert a graphics card lol. it was panic city putting it together. spent a nice amount of $$ didn't want to mess something up since it was my first build

Mrbob said:
I think Smokey has Turtle Beach headphones. Tritton makes decent ones as well. I used to have a similar model to the AXPRO that is PC only before grabbing the corsairs:

On PC I just got Corsair h51 headphones a couple of weeks ago.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I remember those days. Fresh out of college, no real bills to pay. Could build as sick a computer as I wanted. ;_;

Never buy a house bros.

Smokey

Wellington said:
I remember those days. Fresh out of college, no real bills to pay. Could build as sick a computer as I wanted. ;_;

Never buy a house bros.

I wish. The way I look at it is gaming is a cheap hobby relatively speaking. If I wanted to mod my car for example, that shit would add up incredibly fast. Computer parts / gaming are pretty "cheap" compared to something like that.

Rorschach

Somnia said:
Just know that Jason Campbell is here for you, bro.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
When people's main targets are always the slot receiver and the TEs, it's really not that cut and dry.

I also just picked up DS, better not let me down!
I hear ya, but I figured Troy was there to clean up the middle.

Go into DS with modest expectations.

Top Bottom