• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

someone go on the MyLeagueManager "team grades" panel and take a look. How the shit does any of that make any sense?

Cardinals rated a "C." I have Five A's, 11 Bs, 4 C's. I can live with this. THen I look at...
Chargers rated a "D." 7 A's, 9 Bs, and 3 C's.

MADDEN Y U NO MAKE GRADE SENSE

(I counted wrong but you get it)

DCX

DCX
The Albatross said:
someone go on the MyLeagueManager "team grades" panel and take a look. How the shit does any of that make any sense?

Cardinals rated a "C." I have Five A's, 11 Bs, 4 C's. I can live with this. THen I look at...
Chargers rated a "D." 7 A's, 9 Bs, and 3 C's.

MADDEN Y U NO MAKE GRADE SENSE
Is that new? I didn't see grades before, wonder what the Falcons are rated .

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
My thoughts exactly on it. Anyone else run through the graveyard, pick up all the badass weapons, then split? <3 my spear.

I'll have to go back, don't think I got a spear.

Wouldn't the team grades be based on overalls rather than potentials?

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
I'm glad I borrowed Demon's Souls from my brother. MaddenGAF hype has been insane for Dark Soul's, I'd have caved. For now I am playing a game I am really enjoying and will be able to wait for a DS price drop! Win-win! Stonefang Tunnel is boring btw zzzZZZzzz (I think I'm way too powerful right now. Only way I've died is falling).

Bluemax: Are you around Sunday say at about 6/7 Eastern?
Depends upon when I get back from the bar. 8 est might be a little more reasonable.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:
Depends upon when I get back from the bar. 8 est might be a little more reasonable.
The drunker the better. I'd really love it if you started throwing tons of picks, Ramirez style. Then again your QB is rated 72 to his 94, so if you threw like him it might be 8 ints. :)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Upcoming patch details:

The patch has reached the certification stage with Microsoft and Sony meaning it can be expected out within the next two weeks. Continue on for the full patch list and leave any thoughts in the comments!

Custom Playbooks
Fixed an issue where newly added sets would create their own formation category instead of grouping them in the same Set and Formation they were being added to. This should reduce some clutter in your playbooks going forward.
Fixed rare issue where some placeholder text would show up if you removed the last play for all game situations.
Fixed an issue where gameplans that had 0 plays in them would cause players to bundle together on the field. This was always avoidable by not setting 0 plays in your gameplan, but in the future this is prevented.
Fixed an issue in Madden Ultimate Team where your Ultimate Team playbook would get replaced with your default playbook (per your “My Settings”).
Similar to above issue users could create a gameplan with 0 plays, which would then cause players to bundle up at the line of scrimmage and force an encroachment on the defense. This has been fixed.
Fixed an issue where users could pause the game with three seconds left in a quarter causing a lock up to occur. When the other player left the game the other would get a win
Gameplay
(Cover 4) – Safeties with Inside Deep ¼ zone drop back instead of read-n-react on Run plays.
If the CPU tries to run down the play clock (late in halves) and runs an auto-motion play, they will not start the play early enough or hike the ball before the play clock expires as the player is still in motion.
Tuned down the frequency to block field goals by users running off the edge.
When a two-point conversion is booth reviewed and ruled no good, the game clock will run while selecting a play on kickoff.
Fixed issue when teams ran a QB Sneak the QB would get a speed burst.
Fixed issue when a user aims the L-Stick in any direction and pump fakes (using RB/R1 defenders in a QA Spy assignment) that will immediately blitz the QB, leaving defensive assignments.
Fixed issue where live balls on muffed punts that are recovered in the end zone were resulting in a touchback rather than a safety.

Madden Ultimate Team
Fixed an issue where users were awarded coins when their friends quit out of a head-to-head game.
Fixed a situation where user with a maxed out deck could get locked up in the My Trades screen.
Fixed issue where previous MUT fans could not earn the “This one is easy” achievement/trophy for creating their MUT team in Madden NFL 12.
Removed an exploit where a MUT player grieve another player through encroachments and other penalties but not lose contract time from their players. They would also receive coins.
General Issues

Fixed several of the most common crashes and online disconnection issues for both platforms.
Optimized performance in “Play Now” team select to prevent slow down/hitching when scrolling teams
Improved the online leaderboards to be more accurate.
Fixed several issues with commentary and PA.
Addressed issue where users with large amounts of save data sometimes could not get into online head-to-head games.
Lowered the frequency of rain games in Franchise Mode.
Improved the field’s texture on PS3.
The ‘recent games’ section for head-to-head games uses the wrong colors for winner & loser. This issue has been addressed.
Fixed issue where a user only appears as online in the Communities Member List if they’re inside the community feature.
Fixed issue where in Franchise, editing a player will remove their player roles.
Fixed issue where when the maximum number of entrants for a room has been reached, after a user leaves the room, they’ll be taken to a new room when they try to reenter it.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
The drunker the better. I'd really love it if you started throwing tons of picks, Ramirez style. Then again your QB is rated 72 to his 94, so if you threw like him it might be 8 ints. :)

I bet I would play better drunk, since I wouldn't over think shit anywhere near as much as I do normally.

The less fucks I give, the better I play.

Also I just want to say it caused me pain every time I heard Tatupu's name as he tackled one of my guys last night. Dude was playing with a vengeance against me :(

Patch said:
Lowered the frequency of rain games in Franchise Mode.

I think 3 of my 6 games have been in the rain. I know Striker and DCX I played in the rain, can't remember if I played Ramirez in the rain too or not.

Ramirez

rabble rabble

I will say this about my picks, they're all pretty much in single coverage, or a zone where no one is near them. I can't help defensive guys take extraordinarily unrealistic breaks on balls with their backs turned. *shrug*

You've already won the division though Wellie, not sure why you continue to talk garb, heh. Not like any of us are beating Rors anyways.

BigAT

-Lowered the frequency of rain games in Franchise Mode.

Good stuff. Not too much else relevant to us in there aside from QB sneaks.

bluemax

Banned
Code:
Seattle Seahawks 
Rating: D
QB: C 	HB: B 	FB: C 	WR: B 	TE: A
LT: B 	LG: B 	C: C 	RG: C 	RT: C
LE: B 	RE: B 	DT: B 	  	 
LOLB: B 	MLB: B 	ROLB: B 	  	 
CB: B 	FS: B 	SS: C 	  	 
K: B 	P: B

How does that equate to a D overall?

LukeSmith

Raiders: F

Yet:
QB: B HB: B FB: B WR: A TE: D
LT: B LG: C C: A RG: B RT: D
LE: B RE: B DT: A
LOLB: C MLB: B ROLB: B
CB: B FS: B SS: B
K: B P: A

One position rated lower than C.
This seems dumb.

McNei1y

bluemax said:
Code:
Seattle Seahawks 
Rating: D
QB: C 	HB: B 	FB: C 	WR: B 	TE: A
LT: B 	LG: B 	C: C 	RG: C 	RT: C
LE: B 	RE: B 	DT: B 	  	 
LOLB: B 	MLB: B 	ROLB: B 	  	 
CB: B 	FS: B 	SS: C 	  	 
K: B 	P: B

How does that equate to a D overall?

Same reason my team is D overall when I have like 4 A's and a couple of C's. Its a weird system.

bluemax

Banned
The Raiders roster is better than mine but they get an F?

That is stupid as hell.

McNei1y said:
Same reason my team is D overall when I have like 4 A's and a couple of C's. Its a weird system.

You have 8 As by my count. And yet a D overall.

Broken system is broken.

McNei1y

bluemax said:
The Raiders roster is better than mine but they get an F?

That is stupid as hell.

You have 7 As by my count. And yet a D overall.

Broken system is broken.

lol I checked it this morning so I forgt. Damn, didn't realize I had that many. Maybe just counting all of the extras on the squad that are crappy. Like I believe the Vikings are "73" overall but if we were using a school grading system, thats still a C.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
BigAT said:

watch that only affect offline...

Ramirez said:
I will say this about my picks, they're all pretty much in single coverage, or a zone where no one is near them. I can't help defensive guys take extraordinarily unrealistic breaks on balls with their backs turned. *shrug*

I think that three of them thar picks were double coverage, one was a poorly thrown pass to the LB (the TD), one was a miracle int (the one at your own 20ish near the end of the game).

And all five were pure ALBATROSS skill.

Maybe not _all_ five..

LukeSmith

The Albatross said:
THE ALBATROSS FLIES ONLY BEFORE MIDNIGHT

Royal_Albatross.jpg

Hilarious

Ramirez

The Albatross said:
I think that three of them thar picks were double coverage, one was a poorly thrown pass to the LB (the TD), one was a miracle int (the one at your own 20ish near the end of the game).

And all five were pure ALBATROSS skill.

Maybe not _all_ five..

Um, no. Pretty much every one of them was single coverage where your DB ran the route better than my WR. There was one in the RZ where your DL teleported around Heath Miller, gotta love the agility of those big guys!

Somnia

CB3 said:
Ill have to interrupt you tonight so we can play our game

You mean so you can beat Trent Edwards? =P

Story got a hold of me and said he can play sometime after 11, but I can play right after we advance CB.

CB3

Somnia said:
You mean so you can beat Trent Edwards? =P

Story got a hold of me and said he can play sometime after 11, but I can play right after we advance CB.

Ouch. I didnt realize Romo is out

Somnia said:
What class did you all start with in Dark Souls? Can't decide!

Bandit. You'll have to go without a bow unless you power level to get your dexterity up. But its alot of fun and i deal crazy amounts of damage.

Everyone else is a Pyromancer

Ramirez

Smokey said:
Don't worry Albatross.

Ram Ram does this when he gets beat despite having an absolute beast of a team.

Does what, tell the truth? lol

You'll be at the same place I am at the end of the season, watching Rors win the AFC, grats!

I went with Hunter, but in retrospect, wish I would have picked Sorcerer or w/e the equivalent is in the game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone? Anyone for a game?

I'm prob going with a wanderer whenever I get DS. I started with a Magician in Demons' and I'm slowly going towards a warrior type that can use magic lol.

TheCrow

Wellington said:
Anyone? Anyone for a game?

I'm prob going with a wanderer whenever I get DS. I started with a Magician in Demons' and I'm slowly going towards a warrior type that can use magic lol.
If you want I can play after I get home from work. So in about 20-25 minutes.

BigAT

goldlion054 said:
Bandit. You'll have to go without a bow unless you power level to get your dexterity up. But its alot of fun and i deal crazy amounts of damage.

Everyone else is a Pyromancer
Bandit bro high five.

bluemax

Banned
I feel like I'm the only one avoiding Dark Soul's.

I bought Demon's Souls after all the damn hype when it hit $15 on sale. I remembered being ecstatic when after weeks of trying I beat the first level, then I had no fucking idea where to go next and I never felt like I was getting stronger.

So I shelved it and haven't played it since. GAF hype won't get me again!

Rorschach

BigAT said:

They fixed the kick blocking off the edge. I don't know if that Franchise Mode thing about the rain applies to OF. It seems those are set in stone. I remember we would replay games because of disconnect issues and it would always be a rain game. I've had two in a row now and it sucks. :(

The Albatross said:
I really wish that in the pro-bowl, you could play as your own players and only your own players... like a game of 11 on 11 but you can only control the guys who are on your team. But, figuring, madden has enough trouble maintaining a connection between 2 players, let alone 20+

And that would be the most boring probowl ever for me ... Punting.
That would be cool, but unlikely. It would be nice if the AFC and NFC conference championship losers would be able to play that game. Or, shit, do it Team Play style and have a 3 vs 3 match with AFC and NFC reps. Bragging rights!

AFC would win 10 out of 10. No FMTs allowed.

CB3

3v3 probowl would be pretty awesome. But you can chalk that up to things that will never happen

Rorschach

Wellington said:
DM, AT, CB3.

Conference superiority, FMT not needed!
Luke, Wellie, Crow. Shit's in the bag, homie! If Luke had a good running game (Crow) and a great defense (Wellie), he'd be unstoppable. 75% completion percentage and the same for third down completions? Insane. And he gets to use Peypey in the probowl!

And if LJ was still around, it would be a blowout.

Ramirez said:
Um, no. Pretty much every one of them was single coverage where your DB ran the route better than my WR. There was one in the RZ where your DL teleported around Heath Miller, gotta love the agility of those big guys!

Y'know, man, I am terrible. I am bad at Madden and I am playing as the freaking Arizona Cardinals. I've blown like 20 point leads, I have a 1.8 yards per carry average, and I'm selling away my future for the chance to win one or two games in 2011/2012.

So, instead of accept that my interceptions were anything but luck and weird Madden engine shaninghans...

I put them into a YouTube video instead for all to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbURZJs9YcI

(sorry, one Int is missing because a player got called for clipping on the 40ish yard return, so that play wasn't viewable).

We are all witnesses.

McNei1y

The Albatross said:
Y'know, man, I am terrible. I am bad at Madden and I am playing as the freaking Arizona Cardinals. I've blown like 20 point leads, I have a 1.8 yards per carry average, and I'm selling away my future for the chance to win one or two games in 2011/2012.

So, instead of accept that my interceptions were anything but luck and weird Madden engine shaninghans...

I put them into a YouTube video instead for all to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbURZJs9YcI

(sorry, one Int is missing because a player got called for clipping on the 40ish yard return, so that play wasn't viewable).

We are all witnesses.

holy shit lollol

Top Bottom