• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Ramirez

Me and Albatross will probably play tonight at some point when he gets back.

I have a few DS questions, I've gotten past the opening area, some big Raven dropped me off at this place, I can go a variety of different ways, is any path easier than the other, or am I just free to do whatever and they're all the same difficulty? I made it up to another boss on a bridge area, and got pooped on quickly. I picked the Hunter class, thinking I would be using a bow mostly, but I think I've found like 30 arrows total in 2 hours, am I missing something?

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
4 games left!

ravens vs. jags
steelers vs. cards
rams vs. cowboys
browns vs. seahawks

status?

I think Striker and I are playing tonight after I get home from work.

If not it might have to wait until Saturday depending upon if my friend is well enough to go out tomorrow or not.

BigAT

Ramirez said:
Me and Albatross will probably play tonight at some point when he gets back.

I have a few DS questions, I've gotten past the opening area, some big Raven dropped me off at this place, I can go a variety of different ways, is any path easier than the other, or am I just free to do whatever and they're all the same difficulty? I made it up to another boss on a bridge area, and got pooped on quickly. I picked the Hunter class, thinking I would be using a bow mostly, but I think I've found like 30 arrows total in 2 hours, am I missing something?
You should head to the right, the area that isn't the graveyard. Sounds like you already went there if you made it to a boss.

Bows aren't really a viable consistent damage option, especially early on. Arrows don't drop as loot and there's only a couple of places you can buy them from. Damage basically is melee or magic for the most part.

Ramirez

BigAT said:
You should head to the right, the area that isn't the graveyard. Sounds like you already went there if you made it to a boss.

Bows aren't really a viable consistent damage option, especially early on. Arrows don't drop as loot and there's only a couple of places you can buy them from. Damage basically is melee or magic for the most part.

I see, the place I went to was Undead Burg, I tried going down first, but the ghosts in the water were seriously raping me.

BigAT

Ramirez said:
I see, the place I went to was Undead Burg, I tried going down first, but the ghosts in the water were seriously raping me.
Yeah, don't go down there either yet (aside from using the merchant/blacksmith there).

Ramirez

Albatross mentioned earlier today that he could go before 11, so it looks like our window is closing tonight, might be tomorrow before we play.

GCQuinton

McNei1y said:
Just asking ahead of time: GCQ I play you once the league vances. When you trying to play?

I should be free during both days this weekend (except during the Panthers game). I'll send you a PM whenever we get around to advancing.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ok Dark Souls is pretty cool. A Few Questions:

-Are the ghosts i see running around just other players in my same area?
-There was a message about an illusionary wall ahead in the very first area. I checked all around and didnt see anything. what was that about
-How does this game work in terms of friends. I know you can enter someone elses world and help them but is there anything else
-What should i be leveling up if im using magic.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
-How does this game work in terms of friends. I know you can enter someone elses world and help them but is there anything else

From what Luke tells me you can't join your friends at any time, it all depends on randomness. It's a weird system but it's supposed to be designed to make you unsure of who's an ally or enemy and promote PVP I guess?

Ramirez

Madden being Madden, in the first game we played, I have 1 INT. Second game, I have 5 INTs, gotta love psychic DBs and superman 1 hand catches by LBs...

He has 5 INTs/0 Pass Deflections, I have 0 INTs/5 PD's, heh.

Christ, I hate this game.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
Madden being Madden, in the first game we played, I have 1 INT. Second game, I have 5 INTs, gotta love psychic DBs and superman 1 hand catches by LBs...

You should try getting 8 INTs sometime.

CB3

Ramirez said:

You better say GG so it makes everything you said before irrelevant! or FMT will come after you.

Striker

gg Bluemax

Felt good with the plays the guys made early, but I was had by Tavaris in the pocket. -_-

Not sure if it was the rain or your boys hits, but those two Hillis' fumbles were killer. Once those happened I wasn't feeling good about the future outcome. I had no carries for him after that second fumble, either.

Also lost OLB Scott Fujita, shares the bench with SS T.J. Ward healing broken collarbones. >:|

CB3 said:
You better say GG so it makes everything you said before irrelevant! or FMT will come after you.

likes i said, just common courtesy but i understand, like the real eagles, you have had your share of disappointments this season. including getting embarrassed by the 49ers :(

bluemax

Banned
Striker said:
gg Bluemax

Felt good with the plays the guys made early, but I was had by Tavaris in the pocket. -_-

Not sure if it was the rain or your boys hits, but those two Hillis' fumbles were killer. Once those happened I wasn't feeling good about the future outcome. I had no carries for him after that second fumble, either.

Also lost OLB Scott Fujita, shares the bench with SS T.J. Ward healing broken collarbones. >:|

GG Hillis is beastly as hell. Madden wouldn't let me save the replay of that big TD run, but it looked like Mebane could've had him at the line. I swear that's the third run like that I've given up this season. Even still he was not going down on first contact very often.

At least Mebane atoned later on!

T-Jack only really uncorked one really awful throw that I remember which is pretty rare for him. The INTs were good defense/bad reads.

I noticed during the Fujita injury TO that you only had 3 pass attempts to that point (end of third), not that I blame you with your beastly running game and that crappy rain. I think I called more rush oriented defenses at that point.

Also I'm sad there was no replay of that kickoff fumble. I wonder how close I came :/

Oh and I still almost blew this game, my corners are so shitty.

I suck at sucking. Pheeknicks I might have to offer you a trade for the #1 pick.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
likes i said, just common courtesy but i understand, like the real eagles, you have had your share of disappointments this season. including getting embarrassed by the 49ers :(

Josh Freeman won't say GG after he gets done having his way with the Niners.

DMczaf said:
Josh Freeman won't say GG after he gets done having his way with the Niners.

nope, i'll say the following to you:

likes i said, just common courtesy but i understand, like the real bucs, you have had your share of disappointments this season. including getting beat in overtime by the 49ers :(

Coming for that ass Birdman

funny-sports-pictures-untitled5.gif

Ramirez

CB3 said:

I hardly ever say GG, lol.

Nothing Alb did, I just get sick of seeing players rated way below mine play out of their minds while my guys do absolutely nothing. I caught Ike Taylor sitting sideways 5 yards away from Fitz on his TD, good job Swag.

Smokey

Ramirez said:
I hardly ever say GG, lol.

Nothing Alb did, I just get sick of seeing players rated way below mine play out of their minds while my guys do absolutely nothing. I caught Ike Taylor sitting sideways 5 yards away from Fitz on his TD, good job Swag.

The obvious solution is to trade some of those players away in Season 2.

I can help you with that.

CB3 said:
Only i get yelled at for that

funny that when i originally brought it up was after ramirez didn't say it and i just included you in the sour grapes crowd. it honestly doesn't keep me up at night but i just felt like it would be a nice thing to say when a new guy to the league. we all know madden (and really every sports game) screws you from time to time but everyone is playing the same game

CB3

LiveWire said:
Dammit I read that WSJ article and Dark Souls, watched another video and caved in and ordered it. :/

Im only very early in but its strangely satifying. Although its kinda weird being thrown into a world not having any idea what your supposed to do though.

CB3 said:
Im only very early in but its strangely satifying. Although its kinda weird being thrown into a world not having any idea what your supposed to do though.

My thoughts exactly on it. Anyone else run through the graveyard, pick up all the badass weapons, then split? <3 my spear.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm glad I borrowed Demon's Souls from my brother. MaddenGAF hype has been insane for Dark Soul's, I'd have caved. For now I am playing a game I am really enjoying and will be able to wait for a DS price drop! Win-win! Stonefang Tunnel is boring btw zzzZZZzzz (I think I'm way too powerful right now. Only way I've died is falling).

Bluemax: Are you around Sunday say at about 6/7 Eastern?

Shit game last night Ramirez, mostly just because I got lucky with 5 Big Ben ints. Obviously without those ints, you would have absolutely killed me. Glad he's finally playing up to reality... ;)

I can't complain though, Ken Wisenhunt's wife said she'd leave him if he lost 4 in a row. Salvaged the marriage. For those unawares, Ramirez and I tried playing at 5, and in the 4th quarter, as Kevin Kolb was leading a miraculous drive, down 14 - 10, at about the 35 (which would have almost definitely ended in a sack fumble TD), we lost connection... The game kept going for me but then said there was a disconnect, so we restarted. The second game was 0 - 0 at the end of the first quarter, 7 - 7 at half time (After a lucky TD by me to Fitzy), I developed a narrow lead in the 3rd quarter, and then got a few fortunate picks in the 4th -- one of them a pick six of about 80 yards -- to effectively seal the game. If course, up 34 - 14 or whatever it was, I Was still convinced I'd find a way to lose.

If anybody wants to know my strategy, it is... 20 carries for 41 yards with Deangelo Williams, and then punt to the goal line as often as possible and hope for interceptions or fumbles on long drive. I am terrible at Madden, the Cardinals defense is a halloween horror show, we have no offensive line, and our WRs drop passes with regularity... But fuck you all, I think I'm the best punter in this league. Lots of opportunities.

DCX

DCX
The Albatross said:
Shit game last night Ramirez, mostly just because I got lucky with 5 Big Ben ints. Obviously without those ints, you would have absolutely killed me. Glad he's finally playing up to reality... ;)

I can't complain though, Ken Wisenhunt's wife said she'd leave him if he lost 4 in a row. Salvaged the marriage. For those unawares, Ramirez and I tried playing at 5, and in the 4th quarter, as Kevin Kolb was leading a miraculous drive, down 14 - 10, at about the 35 (which would have almost definitely ended in a sack fumble TD), we lost connection... The game kept going for me but then said there was a disconnect, so we restarted. The second game was 0 - 0 at the end of the first quarter, 7 - 7 at half time (After a lucky TD by me to Fitzy), I developed a narrow lead in the 3rd quarter, and then got a few fortunate picks in the 4th -- one of them a pick six of about 80 yards -- to effectively seal the game. If course, up 34 - 14 or whatever it was, I Was still convinced I'd find a way to lose.

If anybody wants to know my strategy, it is... 20 carries for 41 yards with Deangelo Williams, and then punt to the goal line as often as possible and hope for interceptions or fumbles on long drive. I am terrible at Madden, the Cardinals defense is a halloween horror show, we have no offensive line, and our WRs drop passes with regularity... But fuck you all, I think I'm the best punter in this league. Lots of opportunities.
If Madden had team play, I would totally have you on my team as the punter :)

DCX

DCX said:
If Madden had team play, I would totally have you on my team as the punter :)

DCX

I really wish that in the pro-bowl, you could play as your own players and only your own players... like a game of 11 on 11 but you can only control the guys who are on your team. But, figuring, madden has enough trouble maintaining a connection between 2 players, let alone 20+

And that would be the most boring probowl ever for me ... Punting.

Top Bottom