• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Sanjuro

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
ahaha, that makes sense. BS they did it on a td play and don't count the td for the community!
I didn't think I was "THAT" bad, but I'll make note for future games. Kids, don't let friends play drunk.

Rorschach

I see now what the online is used for in Madden: ads in the front fucking menu. Shameless bitches. Now, when the EA servers are fucked, you're not even going to be able to get through the main menu.

Birdman02

GG CB. Pretty terrible passing display by both of us with 7 combined INTs. I think I'm just gonna stop trying to convert 3rd downs >10 yards...at least 2 of my picks were on 3rd and long. I was finally able to get a running game going, and I found of couple of blitzes I kind of like.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Birdman02 said:
GG CB. Pretty terrible passing display by both of us with 7 combined INTs. I think I'm just gonna stop trying to convert 3rd downs >10 yards...at least 2 of my picks were on 3rd and long. I was finally able to get a running game going, and I found of couple of blitzes I kind of like.

Its my shitty O-Line. The pass rush was relentless. The few times i could have gotten away with Vick one of my fatass Lineman would get in my way.

Ramirez

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
GG Ramirez. Taking out Clemmons was the worse thing that happened to you. Reshad Jones with PotG! End of the second half was such an int fest.

Win streak's at 3, who's next?!

All I could do was lol and shake my head at most of that game. I was sacked 6 times, threw 4 INTs, couldn't run for more than 20 yards, and the INT where your defenders hands morphed through my WR were the final straw, ugh.

Meanwhile, my guys dropped 3-4 INTs. I'm also seeing a lot of missed tackles, just like NCAA. I hate suction tackles as much as the next guy, but when your game performs this poorly online, I think they're almost a necessity.

I see some of you talking about 200 yard rushing games, whats the secret? My guys do not block, at all. They run to where they're supposed to, then just stand there, coming from NCAA where the run blocking is so good is disappointing.

Ramirez said:
All I could do was lol and shake my head at most of that game. I was sacked 6 times, threw 4 INTs, couldn't run for more than 20 yards, and the INT where your defenders hands morphed through my WR were the final straw, ugh.

Meanwhile, my guys dropped 3-4 INTs. I'm also seeing a lot of missed tackles, just like NCAA. I hate suction tackles as much as the next guy, but when your game performs this poorly online, I think they're almost a necessity.

I see some of you talking about 200 yard rushing games, whats the secret? My guys do not block, at all. They run to where they're supposed to, then just stand there, coming from NCAA where the run blocking is so good is disappointing.

the secret to effective running is the little shimmy juke. it can definitely spring you for some big gainers but you have to make a split second decision based on where the D is coming from. sometimes there really isn't anything you can do and you just get beat on a play though

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the secret to effective running is the little shimmy juke. it can definitely spring you for some big gainers but you have to make a split second decision based on where the D is coming from. sometimes there really isn't anything you can do and you just get beat on a play though

Shut up and let's play doucher

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:

What I'm saying is, I have the right play picked, the blocking should be setup perfectly, and my guys don't engage their blocks, they just stand still once they reach the point of attack, it looks retarded.

eznark

Banned
Anyone figure out why we get penalized for playing multiple games?? Is it a Nintendo "go outside lazy bitch" penalty or something? I don't even know or care what coins do, but seeing "5 game penalty" with a big ass negative number after every game really pisses me off.

LukeSmith

eznark said:
Anyone figure out why we get penalized for playing multiple games?? Is it a Nintendo "go outside lazy bitch" penalty or something? I don't even know or care what coins do, but seeing "5 game penalty" with a big ass negative number after every game really pisses me off.

It's their draconian way of making you go play in ultimate team to earn their faux currency for their little card game cum football.

eznark said:

Score is supposed to be like your win % but it's not. I think? That's why they started you at 500. Idk it makes no sense.

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
Same here. I got a three game penalty lol. GG, sexting Luke cost me the first TD :/ I played sloppy but the super man int was lol worthy.

You had alot of crap happen like red zone ints and the blocked FG. Then again i forced three fumbles that you recovered. GG.

DCX

eznark

Banned
LukeSmith said:
It's their draconian way of making you go play in ultimate team to earn their faux currency for their little card game cum football.
The only things I understood in this post were draconian cum.

LJ11

My last 6 or so online games are just choppy as fuck. Funny thing is, when I paused to answer a message the game was running silky smooth for one play, felt like offline, then it want back to absolute shit.

Had an easy KR TD, but Spiller has the scrub debuff and was caught from behind. Owen Daniels had that awesomeness boost and outran my entire secondary.

I have the worst WRs in the game, bar none. Kept trying to feed Donald Jones the ball, knew there was a good chance of ints, but if he couldn't run that route and make a grab he's fucking useless.

I can't take the framerate/lag/whatever it is, it feels like my guys are stuck in mud.

DCX

DCX
Gg Rors..that last drive for me was killer.3rd and long and I had Julio wide open and Matty over shot him :'(

DCX

Rorschach

Btw- ATL DBs have incredible awareness, strength, and closing speed. Don't fuck up by trading away all of them for something that looks better on paper lol

[edit]Wisniewski again on the holding call when I should have iced the game. Fucker.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Btw- ATL DBs have incredible awareness, strength, and closing speed. Don't fuck up by trading away all of them for something that looks better on paper lol

[edit]Wisniewski again on the holding call when I should have iced the game. Fucker.
The best part is in the next roster update ill add Kelvin Haden :)

DCX

Ramirez

I'm just getting this game at all, Chad Henne is dropping 70 yard bombs on my D, but Roethlisberger can't make a pass to save his life without it being picked. I also allowed another huge TD because of being given the wrong person on D, the logic on switching players in both games this year is absolute garbage.

Anyone want a late night game?

Smokey

Ramirez said:
I'm just getting this game at all, Chad Henne is dropping 70 yard bombs on my D, but Roethlisberger can't make a pass to save his life without it being picked. I also allowed another huge TD because of being given the wrong person on D, the logic on switching players in both games this year is absolute garbage.

Anyone want a late night game?

fuuuuuuu i just shut down

need sleep

Ramirez

Smokey said:
fuuuuuuu i just shut down

need sleep

It's for the better. I need sleep too...

I think what pisses me off about my last two games is that I've gotten blown out, but I really don't know how. Neither of us do anything on offense, I just give up one or two HUGE plays due to people missing tackles or me taking people out of the play.

It also makes me want to break something when I see cpu controlled LBs sky rocket into the air to make a play. But when I'm user controlling them, stick with the WR the whole time, go for the pick, I get a T-Rex arm attempt at a pick, so stupid.

DCX said:
The best part is in the next roster update ill add Kelvin Haden :)

DCX

Just better hope your online season goes better than my offline as far as injuries go. I lost Grimes for 10 weeks and Willie Mo for the season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nightz said:
When is your showdown with AT going to happen?
We never really talked about when but we're playing a best of 3 series a week or two before the league starts. That way both of us have enough games under our belt and it will give me enough time to practice with the Bengals.

Can we even play Giants versus Giants? That should be fun. We'd know each other's roster strengths and weaknesses.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
WTF I just looked at my team's schedule:

@ Striker
@ Crow
FMT
LJ
@ Jacksonville (who's using them!?)
Luke

For fuck's sake. :|

eznark

Banned
I played against DCX with the Locker-led Titans. Apparently Locker is a damn stud. He was able to zip a lot of accurate slants and outs. He is fast as hell, he didn't go ice cold when I threw a pick. Just strange that going from Rodgers for 7-ish games to Jake fucking Locker I didn't feel like there was a big difference.

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
Just better hope your online season goes better than my offline as far as injuries go. I lost Grimes for 10 weeks and Willie Mo for the season.
Thats rough :(

DCX

DCX said:
Thats rough :(

DCX

Yea, plus DeCoud was out too when Aaron Rodgers came to town.....got torched.

Oh, Weatherspoon is out too.

I've only lost one game though and just beat the Colts who had Jake Delhomme at the helm. It was a pick 6 fest! So realistic!

daw840

One thing that drives me crazy is all of the passes batted down at the line or by LBs that are 5 yards deep and your receiver is 15 yards deep. They just seem to have some sort of supernatural jumping ability.

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
Yea, plus DeCoud was out too when Aaron Rodgers came to town.....got torched.

Oh, Weatherspoon is out too.

I've only lost one game though and just beat the Colts who had Jake Delhomme at the helm. It was a pick 6 fest! So realistic!
My god..I wouldn't be able to survive without Grimes, Decoud and Weatherspoon.

DCX

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
One thing that drives me crazy is all of the passes batted down at the line or by LBs that are 5 yards deep and your receiver is 15 yards deep. They just seem to have some sort of supernatural jumping ability.
It does suck. It makes you try to slide left or right to clear the reach of the lbs and linemen but it only gets you sacked.

DCX

BigAT

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Injury needs to be adjusted for sure. Reggie Bush has suffered some kind of injury 5/7 games. :X
I agree it needs to be adjusted. That injury percentage seems unrealistically low.

Birdman02

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Injury needs to be adjusted for sure. Reggie Bush has suffered some kind of injury 5/7 games. :X

Reggie Bush was made of glass in '11 too. I couldn't have him on the field for more than 2-3 consecutive plays without him getting hurt. Sure, he would usually only be out a couple of series, but it was damn annoying. Oh, and he averaged at least 1 fumble per game....usually in a key situation.

I'm not sure how I feel about injuries in '12. I know I've lost at least 1-2 guys in my scrimmages so far, but I'm not sure how long they would've been out if it were in franchise.

Top Bottom